Author Topic: Is HRT considered juicing.....  (Read 2834 times)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: Is HRT considered juicing.....
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2009, 10:19:20 AM »
The problem with Proscar is it lowers both DHT and T levels.

If you're loading tons of exogenous test, why is this a problem?
Ron: "I am lazy."

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2009, 10:21:05 AM »
Ron: "I am lazy."

Mons Venus

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2009, 10:24:34 AM »

If you're loading tons of exogenous test, why is this a problem?

More importantly Proscar lowers "free test"

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2009, 10:46:35 AM »

why?

I've read about a lot of scary potential side effects from the stuff. Yeah I know all drugs have sides but DHT seems like a very important hormone, not something to suppress. Important for libido, mood etc etc. Some claim they have experienced permanent problems from it.

This doc thinks finasteride is the devil. He has written on a lot of bb forums.
http://www.allthingsmale.com/index.htm

dodger

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2009, 10:59:53 AM »
not in my book, HRT has its uses. But you'll find that a man with such low T levels most likely does not need his test levels upped to the norm.
::) ::)buddy wait till your test drops to 250 or below and see how yu feel and come back and see if you have the same attitude when your energy is plumented and yur getting brain fog etc,etc..very important to have yur test in normal ranges

Mons Venus

« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2009, 11:03:13 AM »
I've read about a lot of scary potential side effects from the stuff. Yeah I know all drugs have sides but DHT seems like a very important hormone, not something to suppress. Important for libido, mood etc etc. Some claim they have experienced permanent problems from it.

This doc thinks finasteride is the devil. He has written on a lot of bb forums.
http://www.allthingsmale.com/index.htm

PROSCAR
The most widely used of these is finasteride, sold under the brand name of Proscar. It has been shown to be moderately successful in reducing prostate size in some men and in addressing some of the urinary symptoms associated with BPH. However, it can take as long as six months before it shows results, and the drug has negative side-effects including a direct link to a substantial increase in prostate cancer risk. In fact, men who take this drug have their prostate cancer risk increased 300% according to a 1999 clinical study conducted by the prestigious Norris Cancer Institute of the University of Southern California (USC). Read this study here and ask your doctor if he knows about it. USC Study Links Proscar to Prostate Cancer Among other side effects, it has the potential to decrease libido, cause premature ejaculation and impotence

There are even more alarming aspects to this drug, both for men and for women. It can cause birth defects in pregnant women who come in contact with the drug or possibly even with the sperm of a man who has taken Proscar. It can also artificially lower a man's PSA levels by as much as 60 percent. This is very important to note, because it can interfere with the results of a PSA test in detecting prostate cancer. In many men, Proscar may not be effective at all. Proscar is designed to shrink greatly expanded glandular tissue of the prostate. However, not all BPH problems come from expansion of glandular tissue. Some men have prostate glands that are normal in size, but because the smooth-muscle tissue in their prostates has begun to contract around the urethra, they too suffer from painful BPH symptoms.