Author Topic: Best jobs for the future based on current conditions?  (Read 34587 times)

paulsed1

• Getbig II
Best jobs for the future based on current conditions?
« on: May 18, 2009, 08:47:51 PM »
So I got laid off about 3 weeks ago.  I worked as an internal wholesaler for variable annuities primarily.  It seems like financial sales are no longer going be as lucrative or as widespread as they once were.  I am fortunate enough that I can take a little time to make my next move, I might even go back to school.

Now I am certainly not asking people online to decide my life path.  Just looking to get a conversation going about what you think maybe are the best jobs/careers for the future.  I have done financial services for the last 5 years, so it is a bit concerning with the way everything is.  Maybe I should just stay home and grow a garden and get animals, who knows.  Still need an income though.  Thoughts?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Best jobs for the future based on current conditions?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 08:50:49 PM »
So I got laid off about 3 weeks ago.  I worked as an internal wholesaler for variable annuities primarily.  It seems like financial sales are no longer going be as lucrative or as widespread as they once were.  I am fortunate enough that I can take a little time to make my next move, I might even go back to school.

Now I am certainly not asking people online to decide my life path.  Just looking to get a conversation going about what you think maybe are the best jobs/careers for the future.  I have done financial services for the last 5 years, so it is a bit concerning with the way everything is.  Maybe I should just stay home and grow a garden and get animals, who knows.  Still need an income though.  Thoughts?

1) Network Marketing

2) Anything Green

3) BioTech field
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 08:55:46 PM »
What do they call the guy who erases the (R) from the doors in the halls of congress?

Gonna be a lot of jobs in that area in 2010.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 08:58:50 PM »
Healthcare: Nursing, physician.  Research in the life sciences: biochemistry, bioengineering, biophysics, neuroscience, etc.  All bode well for the future, but obviously require a lot of training.

There are plenty of jobs in other fields that will always be in demand, but do you want to do them: garbage man, mortician, security...?

Purge_WTF

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 12:08:51 AM »
  Policeman or firefighter, because I suspect things will be rather chaotic.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 12:11:47 AM »
farmer and marksman

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
  • Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 01:01:24 AM »
farmer and marksman

Good fucking-call  ;)

Not so sure about farming though - having to haul ass with fields & live-stock (not so good) ;)
Growth/noob loves me

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 06:39:45 AM »
Anything related in health care.

I am seeing a lot of people take a quick entry prep job in the health care field until their former occupation regains an economic growth to create more jobs.  Lots of people taking quick courses in things like respiration therapists just to get employed quickly. 
If you have a bit more time you can look into things that require a bit more time to get certified like surgical tech.  If you have 2 years to put forth, then radiology tech (xray), ultrasound, etc.. is easy to obtain with a two year program that leads to certification.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 07:01:59 AM »

No Outsourcing Here: How to Train for the Best American Jobs
by Patricia Cecil-Reed

White and blue-collar jobs alike have felt the sting of outsourcing in recent years, as companies send jobs overseas to countries where the labor can be performed more cheaply. There are plenty of excellent professions that are not going anywhere, and in fact are expected to grow considerably over the next seven years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Below are some of the best, in terms of salary and job growth, along with information about how to train for these careers.

Education Administrator, Elementary or Secondary School
While online education is an increasingly popular option for college-level students, younger students still need live teachers, and live teachers require supervision by education administrators.

Career Training: A master's degree in education administration or educational leadership, plus related experience in a field such as teaching or school administration, is the most common route to becoming an education administrator.
Average Annual Salary: $82,120.
Job Outlook: 12 percent growth is expected between now and 2016. Some of the most secure jobs will be for public school administrators, since public schools are funded by public tax dollars.

Physical Therapist
Health care jobs are a great bet for job safety in terms of outsourcing worries. Not only is health care the largest industry in the US, employing over 14 million people in 2006, but it deals with a population that needs hands-on, personal care.

Within health care, physical therapists are essential. An increasing elderly population, new technology in the field, and longer life expectancies of disabled patients are all contributing factors to this important and quickly growing profession.

Career Training: A master's degree in physical therapy and state licensure is a requirement for most physical therapists. The master's degree program for physical therapists usually takes two years.
Average Annual Salary: $71,520.
Job Outlook: Much faster than average job growth is expected, at 27 percent between now and 2016, says the BLS.

Sales Manager
A lot of jobs can be performed overseas, but when it comes to selling merchandise, American companies still need teams of salespeople selling their products in-person, as well as managers to oversee operations. Sales manager positions are highly coveted, but are expected to stay put and even expand over the next several years.

Career Training: A bachelor's or master's degree in business administration with an emphasis on marketing is the surest route to success. Many sales managers work their way up the ladder, starting as sales clerks or assistant managers.
Average Annual Salary: $106,790.
Job Outlook: 12 percent growth is expected between now and 2016, according to the BLS.

Computer and Information Systems Manager
While it's true that some computer-related jobs may be threatened by outsourcing, more complex jobs like this one can't be as routinely trained and shipped overseas. Computer and information systems managers will remain necessary because technology in the workplace is only expected to rise in coming years, and managers will always be needed to oversee it.

Career Training: A bachelor's degree is often required, and some employers even prefer a master's. An MBA with technology is especially desirable. Training in information technology or computer information systems management will help put you on the right track.
Average Annual Salary: $113,880.
Job Outlook: This profession is expected to grow by 16 percent between now and 2016, or "faster than average".

Automotive Service Technician or Mechanic
This job requires more technical knowledge than it used to in the days of simpler cars and automotive technology. For this reason, the term "mechanic" is quickly being replaced by the term "automotive technician."

Career Training: Auto technicians must keep abreast of the latest automotive technology, making a formal training program extremely advantageous to those looking to enter the field. An associate's degree or certificate in automotive technology can be a great way to get started.
Average Annual Salary: $36,480.
Job Outlook: As more Americans look to repair the cars they already own instead of buying new ones, auto technicians and mechanics are expected to increase by 14 percent, higher than the average 10 percent for most professions.

If you're worried about the future of your career, consider transitioning to a field where the jobs are more likely to stay put. The right training and education can help you transition to a field where jobs are growing instead of shrinking.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 07:07:16 AM »
1) Network Marketing

2) Anything Green

3) BioTech field

Network marketing is a scam and a ponzi scheme. 

24KT

• Getbig V
w

paulsed1

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 07:25:07 AM »
No Outsourcing Here: How to Train for the Best American Jobs
by Patricia Cecil-Reed

White and blue-collar jobs alike have felt the sting of outsourcing in recent years, as companies send jobs overseas to countries where the labor can be performed more cheaply. There are plenty of excellent professions that are not going anywhere, and in fact are expected to grow considerably over the next seven years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Below are some of the best, in terms of salary and job growth, along with information about how to train for these careers.

Education Administrator, Elementary or Secondary School
While online education is an increasingly popular option for college-level students, younger students still need live teachers, and live teachers require supervision by education administrators.

Career Training: A master's degree in education administration or educational leadership, plus related experience in a field such as teaching or school administration, is the most common route to becoming an education administrator.
Average Annual Salary: $82,120.
Job Outlook: 12 percent growth is expected between now and 2016. Some of the most secure jobs will be for public school administrators, since public schools are funded by public tax dollars.

Physical Therapist
Health care jobs are a great bet for job safety in terms of outsourcing worries. Not only is health care the largest industry in the US, employing over 14 million people in 2006, but it deals with a population that needs hands-on, personal care.

Within health care, physical therapists are essential. An increasing elderly population, new technology in the field, and longer life expectancies of disabled patients are all contributing factors to this important and quickly growing profession.

Career Training: A master's degree in physical therapy and state licensure is a requirement for most physical therapists. The master's degree program for physical therapists usually takes two years.
Average Annual Salary: $71,520.
Job Outlook: Much faster than average job growth is expected, at 27 percent between now and 2016, says the BLS.

Sales Manager
A lot of jobs can be performed overseas, but when it comes to selling merchandise, American companies still need teams of salespeople selling their products in-person, as well as managers to oversee operations. Sales manager positions are highly coveted, but are expected to stay put and even expand over the next several years.

Career Training: A bachelor's or master's degree in business administration with an emphasis on marketing is the surest route to success. Many sales managers work their way up the ladder, starting as sales clerks or assistant managers.
Average Annual Salary: $106,790.
Job Outlook: 12 percent growth is expected between now and 2016, according to the BLS.

Computer and Information Systems Manager
While it's true that some computer-related jobs may be threatened by outsourcing, more complex jobs like this one can't be as routinely trained and shipped overseas. Computer and information systems managers will remain necessary because technology in the workplace is only expected to rise in coming years, and managers will always be needed to oversee it.

Career Training: A bachelor's degree is often required, and some employers even prefer a master's. An MBA with technology is especially desirable. Training in information technology or computer information systems management will help put you on the right track.
Average Annual Salary: $113,880.
Job Outlook: This profession is expected to grow by 16 percent between now and 2016, or "faster than average".

Automotive Service Technician or Mechanic
This job requires more technical knowledge than it used to in the days of simpler cars and automotive technology. For this reason, the term "mechanic" is quickly being replaced by the term "automotive technician."

Career Training: Auto technicians must keep abreast of the latest automotive technology, making a formal training program extremely advantageous to those looking to enter the field. An associate's degree or certificate in automotive technology can be a great way to get started.
Average Annual Salary: $36,480.
Job Outlook: As more Americans look to repair the cars they already own instead of buying new ones, auto technicians and mechanics are expected to increase by 14 percent, higher than the average 10 percent for most professions.

If you're worried about the future of your career, consider transitioning to a field where the jobs are more likely to stay put. The right training and education can help you transition to a field where jobs are growing instead of shrinking.

Awesome, that is good stuff.  I knew I should have stayed with systems analysis years ago.  Hopefully not too late.  The thing about health care though is because of Obama's universal health care plan, I thought I heard that most health care salaries would be being sliced over the coming years.  Barack says "It doesn't matter what your name is!" lol

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 07:29:18 AM »
::)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=264882.0

I looked into it in a number of ways as friends of mine were "sold" on it.  Its a pyramid scheme of the worst sense and no one other than family and friends who feel bad for you will ever really buy enough products for you to make moey on. 

Most of the products are repackaged crap that are overpriced. 

I walked out of two meeting my friends tried to get me involved in.  It was only months later after they wasted thousands of dollars did they admit I was right.

I think one was called MarketAmerica or some nonsense like that. 

Pure cultism and brainwashing.   

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2009, 07:30:17 AM »
Getbig.
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2009, 07:34:49 AM »
The diagrams in your thread by definition prove that MLM is nothing more than a pyramid scheme of the worst sense. 

The only way MLM works is through overpriced crap products sufficient to pass enough $$$ up the line to the others.

The only ones who get screwed are the poor fools who buy your "products" because they feel bad for you.   

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 09:28:25 AM »
I looked into it in a number of ways as friends of mine were "sold" on it.  Its a pyramid scheme of the worst sense and no one other than family and friends who feel bad for you will ever really buy enough products for you to make moey on. 

Most of the products are repackaged crap that are overpriced. 

I walked out of two meeting my friends tried to get me involved in.  It was only months later after they wasted thousands of dollars did they admit I was right.

I think one was called MarketAmerica or some nonsense like that. 

Pure cultism and brainwashing.   

I've seen MarketAmerica, so I don't want to diminish your particular experience, but please understand what it is you're saying. You are equating a company and it's particular product offering with an industry.
Network Mktg is an industry, which is far vaster than any one company and it's products, or pay plan.

It would be the equivalent of saying the retail industry is bad, after having looked at the products offered in Dollarama. Cheap goods from China for under $1, will probably break before you get out of the store, if placed in the plastic bag with too much force, ...and chock full of lead paint, and minimum wage employees with barely a grasp on the English language. So your undesireable experience with Dollarama means you'll write off Neiman Marcus and the top quality merchandise they provide along with their personal shoppers and excellent customer service? Both Dollarama and Neiman Marcus are stores (businesses) operating within the retail industry are they not? ???  If you did an analysis of the submarine sandwiches sold at Mr. SubmarineTM, and found that their cold cuts and smoked meat contained large quantities of salt and nitrates, ...would that make the entire menu of fast food franchise offerings unhealthy? Would the same analysis hold up for the subs sold through SubwayTM? Or the homemade soups and salads served at Tim Horton's?

Within any industry, you will find a variety of good & bad businesses, or businesses with more successfully executed strategies, business models with more potential for success, and different competence levels within the ranks of mgmt.

Take a music store... one is located in a brick n' mortar building and sells vinyl records.
...the other is located online and sells CDs and mp3 tracks. Which one do you think has the potential to capture more market share, and be more profitable? They're both music stores, but really we're talking apples & oranges aren't we? A Ferrarri and a Yugo are both combustion engine automobiles, ...but when it comes right down to it, ...what do they really have in common?

Then, ...there are investments. You could buy into a fund run by Bernard Madoff, ...or one run by Warren Buffet?  8)

&index=0&playnext=1

The popcorn is on me.  :)

w

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 09:37:46 AM »
It's not a good career or job but the TEFL industry is immune to recession.
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2009, 09:38:44 AM »
They all operate on the same pyramid scheme model.  

Basically, one guy creates the plan based upon a nonsense product he has other people sell for him.

Each person then creates a "team" to sell these products to other people.  Those people are encouraged to create teams below them so that profits keep flowing upstream.

Please Jag, you are talking to the wrong guy.  I know excactly how all these scams work.  

None of these "products" are found in stores.  Why do you think that is????

Because most are garbage and extremely overpriced to compensate for the layers of profit that have to flow to the founder at the top of the scheme.  

however, most of these scams fail because the participants get tired of buying the products and having no one to sell them to.  

You fail to mention, and you know this, that you have a minimum amount of product you have to purchase yourself.   Usually its like $300 a month or something like that.        

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, 09:57:35 AM »
The diagrams in your thread by definition prove that MLM is nothing more than a pyramid scheme of the worst sense. 

Am I to take it then that you merely glanced over the pretty pictures, but didn't actually read the thread?  ;D

The only way MLM works is through overpriced crap products sufficient to pass enough $$$ up the line to the others.

One day, ...if you remain open minded enough, you may discover the truth, and realize your current assessment may not be as accurate as you now believe it to be.... or maybe not. You may be like so many other people who NEVER discover the truth about leverage, or see an accurate picture of network mktg. Either way, that's ok. I'll still continue to enjoy it's rewards.

The only ones who get screwed are the poor fools who buy your "products" because they feel bad for you.   

If the only reason people are buying a product from you is because they feel bad for you, ...then you need to get out of that business ASAP. Sympathy only goes so far. You need a product that provides real VALUE to the end consumer. A product they will want with or without you. I have people who are to this very day purchasing and using consumable products I first introduced to them in 1998. A few as early as 1993! ELEVEN YRS LATER, and my customers are still purchasing that product. The business continues to grow, despite my not actively building it in over 10 years. How do you think such a thing occurs? It's not because they feel sorry me, ...it's because they want that product. And they have the ability to set up an automatic shipment of it to arrive at their front door the same day each month, so they never have to worry about running out. My time is freed up so I'm not required to schlep the products across town/city/province/state/country/planet to them, ...I just deposit my residual commission cheques.  8)
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2009, 10:07:24 AM »
Am I to take it then that you merely glanced over the pretty pictures, but didn't actually read the thread?  ;D

One day, ...if you remain open minded enough, you may discover the truth, and realize your current assessment may not be as accurate as you now believe it to be.... or maybe not. You may be like so many other people who NEVER discover the truth about leverage, or see an accurate picture of network mktg. Either way, that's ok. I'll still continue to enjoy it's rewards.

If the only reason people are buying a product from you is because they feel bad for you, ...then you need to get out of that business ASAP. Sympathy only goes so far. You need a product that provides real VALUE to the end consumer. A product they will want with or without you. I have people who are to this very day purchasing and using consumable products I first introduced to them in 1998. A few as early as 1993! ELEVEN YRS LATER, and my customers are still purchasing that product. The business continues to grow, despite my not actively building it in over 10 years. How do you think such a thing occurs? It's not because they feel sorry me, ...it's because they want that product. And they have the ability to set up an automatic shipment of it to arrive at their front door the same day each month, so they never have to worry about running out. My time is freed up so I'm not required to schlep the products across town/city/province/state/country/planet to them, ...I just deposit my residual commission cheques.  8)

If you took the amount of hours you actually put into this nonsense versus the amount of net profit you got back, its probably no more than $10 an hour at best. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2009, 11:10:46 AM »
They all operate on the same pyramid scheme model.  

Basically, one guy creates the plan based upon a nonsense product he has other people sell for him.

Each person then creates a "team" to sell these products to other people.  Those people are encouraged to create teams below them so that profits keep flowing upstream.

Please Jag, you are talking to the wrong guy.  I know excactly how all these scams work.

I cannot even begin to tell you how inaccurate your perspective is. I believe it to be based on assumption, and a cursory glance at the industry, rather than on solid facts. I don't want to turn this thread into a network mktg thread, that's why I pasted a link to the other one on the Business board, so this will be probably be my last response to you, until you are willing to actually base your comments on facts. I'm speaking from 19 years experience in this industry, not from a cursory view presented to me one or two times. 

None of these "products" are found in stores.  Why do you think that is????

Network Mktg is a people to people business that if done successfully, typically involves the introduction of a new consumable product or service into the marketplace. A unique and exclusive product or service people do not already have, or whose existence they are even aware of. This requires people who are able to spread the word within their 'network' or sphere of influence, and instruct people in the proper use of the product or service, as well as how to market it to others, and teach those how to do it as well.

This can often be a point where communication between network mkters and customers break down. It's not your typical relationship where you walk into the grocery store, buy your toilet paper and leave. The sales clerk at the grocery store doesn't follow up with you to make sure you've wiped properly (from front to back) once you leave the store. You're already familiar with Charmin, and know how to use it. In a network mktg environment, you require a product that involves some sort of interaction and instruction on it's proper usage, until the customer is completely familiar with how to use it, and can do it in his/her sleep so-to-speak. On occasion you will run into a customer who expects to pay for a product, and not have any contact, mistakenly assuming it is as easy to use or as self-explanatory as Charmin, ...despite it being a completely new product or service they've never used before. Those reluctant to maintain a relationship with the seller, often see lack lustre results due to their lack of understanding, ...but they do not yet know enough to know they don't know what they're doing. That is one of the primary reasons people are often encouraged to start their network mktg businesses with their friends and their families. There is already a relationship built in.

If a company attempts to network market a ubiquitous product, ...there really is no incentive for a customer to purchase from you, ...the customer would already know about the product, and know exactly where they can find it. They'd simply walk into any retail store in any town, and ask a sales clerk what aisle it was in. Many a network mktg company has gone broke trying to sell such a product, and many a newbie distributor has hit a brick wall trying to build a business with such a product, ...but one that is consumable, new, innovative, unique, to which you have exclusive rights to, is a product for which the consumer must come to YOU to get? Well that's a whole other story. You tell them about it, ...they use/evaluate it, ...and if they like it, ...they continue to purchase it over and over again. They then share that information about the product with their friends and tell them to contact YOU to get the product. Some of these customers if they are business minded, may decide to sell the product(s) themselves, and leverage the value they can provide in order to get their products at no cost. Some may immediately recognize this to be a product, they will never stop using, so it only makes sense to them to become distributors so they can acquire it at the lowest possible cost. etc., etc.,

Because most are garbage and extremely overpriced to compensate for the layers of profit that have to flow to the founder at the top of the scheme.

If you want overpriced, just look at any product with a celebrity endorsement or contunuous advertising. I guarantee you when Brad Pitt is paid upwards of $1,000,000 to shoot a commercial in one afternoon, ...it is the consumer who is paying his 7 figure paycheque for the day, in the cost of the product, as well as all the marketing that went into it. Network mktg companies and their distributors, do not make a dime, UNTIL a product is sold. They however, do not have the overhead or advertising expenses as the company using celebrity endorsements. Instead they have better trained and more knowledgeable about the products & services distributors, who are able to personally expand distribution and sales of the products. The money that would otherwise go into expensive TV ads, magazines, commercials etc, is provide to the individual distributors.  

however, most of these scams fail because the participants get tired of buying the products and having no one to sell them to.  

If a product has no value to the end consumer, or if someone is required to purchase in large enough quantities, that they cannot reasonably personally consume it all in a month, ...then absolutely, those repeat purchases will not occur. However, a valuable product, priced right, and sized properly, will reap continuous repeat business at regular predictable intervals.

You fail to mention, and you know this, that you have a minimum amount of product you have to purchase yourself.   Usually its like $300 a month or something like that.        

Again, ....it all depends on the company and it's products etc., A customer has no minimum required purchase. In fact, a customer isn't required to purchase a darned thing. Distributors have a monthly sales volume qualifier that they are responsible for in order to access certain bonuses and perks within the compensation structure. Typically that can be anywhere from $50 to as much as $5,000+ a month in sales volume. I've seen some as high as over $200,000 in sales volume for 3 consecutive weeks etc. Every company is diff, and ever comp plan is diff, just like in a 9-5 employer/employee relationship. In that relationship, doesn't the boss set certain performance standards for you to get paid? Doesn't s/he set certain targets that if met will result in a certain bonus or perk over and above your regular form of compensation? Well that part is no different in MLM. What's different is, in MLM, you won't get tossed out the door if you fail to meet those standards immediately. You have the luxury to progress and perform, on your timeframe, and on your own schedule. You are in control.

Again, I would suggest you fully read through the thread on the Business Board, or if you prefer, view the video playlist I previously posted within the thread. It's a total of 14 clips total running time under 1 hr.

Hope That Clarifies... Have a Great Day!  :)
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2009, 11:16:50 AM »
paulsed if you have a financial back ground, just about anything energy is something you might want to look into, i have a few friends that are in that industry and they make good money and the job outlook is pretty good. Real time live desk energy trading, you might take a pay cut from what your used to now but with a yr or two's experience you will more then likely pull 6 figures with your bonus.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2009, 11:17:34 AM »
If you took the amount of hours you actually put into this nonsense versus the amount of net profit you got back, its probably no more than $10 an hour at best. 

333386, You could not be more inaccurate.
The last time I worked for less than $10 was 1987.

Seriously, ...watch the video playlist. Gotta run. I might as well actually do some work today.  :D
w

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2009, 11:41:21 AM »
Network marketing is a scam and a ponzi scheme. 

I personally know four different people who tried to sell me the exact same Network Marketing BS Jag tries to sell here, same videos, same articles, same products, same BS.  I respectfully declined and told them nicely that I am happy with my job, my salary and my life style.

Not only did they not make all the money that they swore to me that I would make if I got involved, but they actually lost money and now they tell me that it was a mistake and that they never should have gotten involved in any type of Network Marketing.  They said that the only ones who get rich off of this industry are the dishonest scammers at the top.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2009, 11:46:10 AM »
I personally know four different people who tried to sell me the exact same Network Marketing BS Jag tries to sell here, same videos, same articles, same products, same BS.  I respectfully declined and told them nicely that I am happy with my job, my salary and my life style.

Not only did they not make all the money that they were swearing to me I that would make if I got involved, but they actually lost money and now they tell me that it was a mistake and that they never should have gotten involved in any type of Network Marketing.  They said that the only ones who get rich off of this industry are the dishonest scammers at the top.

Jag is upset because I called her out on this nonsense, with details and experience. 

I attended a few of these seminars to check it out for myself.  Its the classic pyramid scheme.  Their own flow charts show a pyramid flowing down and then up.  Its a joke.

The products are garbage too, regardless of what she wants to say.  The reason they dont provide products you can purchase at a store or on line is because it does not allow the consumer to comparison shop. 

If they sold products that you can get elesewhere people who figure out if they were being ripped off or not.