Author Topic: So now that Vick is out......  (Read 7706 times)

CC973

• Getbig III
So now that Vick is out......
« on: May 20, 2009, 05:32:40 PM »
I'm guessing the nfl will reinstate him for the upcoming season.  I'm wondering why any team would actually want him considering all the protests and negative press that will go along with having a guy like this on your roster.  I mean he was never a great qb to begin with.  Would it really be worth putting up with all the negatives?

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
Re: So now that Vick is out......
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 06:13:34 PM »
i see him going to Europe.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 06:26:02 PM »
it would be funny if he went to korea

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 06:35:09 PM »
he'll prob go to the cfl for a coule years to prove his worth

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 06:37:25 PM »
He'll be back in the NFL.  Just take a look around the league.  A lot of QB needy teams.  He has already proved he can win with a mediocre supporting cast. 

He has paid his debt to society.   

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 06:51:08 PM »
He'll be back in the NFL.  Just take a look around the league.  A lot of QB needy teams.  He has already proved he can win with a mediocre supporting cast. 

I feel the same way, i still think he is a piece of shit though but he is paid up with society

and yes he would bring in a lot of money, tv time for the franchise etc...

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 06:54:51 PM »
he is trying to do some work with the humane society.  PSA type stuff last i heard.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 07:01:18 PM »
no way he wont go the NFL, too many needy teams that wont pass up on his speed.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 07:40:41 PM »
id honestly hope he has changed his ways and done away with those friends of his that he shouldnt have been dealing with in the first place...Id like to see him back he was fun to watch and would add another story line to next years season.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 10:10:38 PM »
id honestly hope he has changed his ways and done away with those friends of his that he shouldnt have been dealing with in the first place...Id like to see him back he was fun to watch and would add another story line to next years season.

his friends were not the problem, he was the one financing the operation and killing dogs via drowning and electrocution. how someone can hold a dog underwater  or electrocute to death is beyond my comprehension. now he says he wants to work with PETA or something? i think thats completely disingenuous, someone who does something that brutal and vile towards an animal cant suddenly have compassion for it. i am not against him playing in the nfl and making a living, everyone deserves a 2nd chance, i just dont like the guy for what he did.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 06:42:52 AM »
his friends were not the problem, he was the one financing the operation and killing dogs via drowning and electrocution. how someone can hold a dog underwater  or electrocute to death is beyond my comprehension. now he says he wants to work with PETA or something? i think thats completely disingenuous, someone who does something that brutal and vile towards an animal cant suddenly have compassion for it. i am not against him playing in the nfl and making a living, everyone deserves a 2nd chance, i just dont like the guy for what he did.

x2

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2009, 11:44:27 AM »
x2

Fuck Vick. If he never would have been caught, he'd still be running a dog fighting operation to this day.

I'm not forgiving shit and he doesn't deserve a second chance. He won't be the same player when he comes back. He lacks the mechanics of a passing pocket quarterback. He's almost 30 years old and he won't be able to scramble and run as effectively as he once did. The league gets younger every year and defenses will catch up to him a lot quicker than in the past. Not only that, he's two seasons removed from his last NFL start and for a QB, that is detrimental.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2009, 11:46:30 AM »
Fuck Vick. If he never would have been caught, he'd still be running a dog fighting operation to this day.

I'm not forgiving shit and he doesn't deserve a second chance. He won't be the same player when he comes back. He lacks the mechanics of a passing pocket quarterback. He's almost 30 years old and he won't be able to scramble and run as effectively as he once did. The league gets younger every year and defenses will catch up to him a lot quicker than in the past. Not only that, he's two seasons removed from his last NFL start and for a QB, that is detrimental.

Hahaha, don't give him a second chance? Ray Lewis is a murderer and you seem to have no qualms about him playing in the league.  :-\

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2009, 12:06:33 PM »
Hahaha, don't give him a second chance? Ray Lewis is a murderer and you seem to have no qualms about him playing in the league.  :-\

Ray Lewis was not found guilty of murder nor did he committ murder, you imbecile. Your attempts to be clever are largely overshawdowed by your obvious immaturity. You always try to pick fights with everyone and you fail miserably because no one cares. The truth is that you're posts are mostly ignored and deleted. We have our excellent mod, Body88, to thank for that. As a result, your opinions are and always will be rendered obselete.

Even on a free open forum like Getbig you still can't and won't be read because you're a shit head.....

CC973

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2009, 12:17:29 PM »

That is really a joke if they parade him out there as some type of spokesperson for peta or the aspca.  The only thing he regrets is that he got caught.  The thought of him sitting there reading some psa of a cue card makes me cringle. I agree that the guy has a right to make a living i just dont think it should be in the nfl. Even though he may have the athletic talent to help a team, being an nfl player is a privilage that he should not have.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2009, 12:32:32 PM »
LOL its obvious that youve never had many friends of the unsavory kind, i grew up with such friends and even though i wasnt a bad kid per se i did shit that i wouldnt have done on my own. Those ppl if he is still around him will only serve to get him in more trouble was my point. I agree like i said i still think he is a piece of shit but he is PAID UP WITH SOCIETY and that you cannot disagree with and b/c of that he deserves to play if a team is willing to let him play.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2009, 12:52:24 PM »
I agree with tony.  People make mistakes all the time.  No one really knows if Vick is truly remorseful, but there really isn't much more he can do other than do his time, apologize, live right, and try and prevent others from making the same mistakes he did. 

He might have received the harshest animal cruelty punishment in American history.  I say enough already.  It's not like he molested someone's kid. 

And regarding his ability, he's one of the few football players I would pay to see.  Can't really compare him to pocket passers or other mobile QBs.  He's a different breed.  I doubt we've ever had a QB in the NFL who was also arguably the fastest player in the NFL.   

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2009, 01:04:16 PM »
Ray Lewis was not found guilty of murder nor did he committ murder, you imbecile. Your attempts to be clever are largely overshawdowed by your obvious immaturity. You always try to pick fights with everyone and you fail miserably because no one cares. The truth is that you're posts are mostly ignored and deleted. We have our excellent mod, Body88, to thank for that. As a result, your opinions are and always will be rendered obselete.

Even on a free open forum like Getbig you still can't and won't be read because you're a shit head.....

No, Ray Lewis sold his buddies out because celebrities are always capable of skirting the law. That man is a murderer and a piece of shit. Plain and simple. He has no business being in the league. However, if someone like him gets a second chance, then Michael Vick should.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2009, 01:06:32 PM »
Vick is old news. He had his window of superstardom and now it's gone. He's was an excellent athlete playing quarterback.

Unless he learns the basic mechanics of being a drop back passer and not run at the first sign of pocket collapse, he won't amount to shit. You can't relay on speed and quickness at the QB position your entire career. Randall Cunningham made the adjustment as he got older and he became a capable starting QB heading into his 30's. I don't think Vick can make a transition like that. He lacks the football IQ to consistently read defenses. Not only that, he fumbles and puts the ball on the ground almost every game he played in. yeah, he was exciting to watch but winning is the bottom line in the NFL.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2009, 01:09:13 PM »
No, Ray Lewis sold his buddies out because celebrities are always capable of skirting the law. That man is a murderer and a piece of shit. Plain and simple. He has no business being in the league. However, if someone like him gets a second chance, then Michael Vick should.

ok, whatever you say, dude. Ray Lewis is the John Wayne Gacy of the NFL.... ::)

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2009, 01:10:25 PM »
ok, whatever you say, dude. Ray Lewis is the John Wayne Gacy of the NFL.... ::)

He's not John Wayne Gacy, but he is a murderer. The NFL is full of scumbags. Just look at Cincinnati, Buffalo and a host of other teams. If Pac-Man got 5 chances, Michael Vick should get another.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2009, 01:12:38 PM »
He's not John Wayne Gacy, but he is a murderer. The NFL is full of scumbags. Just look at Cincinnati, Buffalo and a host of other teams. If Pac-Man got 5 chances, Michael Vick should get another.

Alright...we're back in the year 2000. Tell me again how he engaged in the physical act of murder?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2009, 01:32:29 PM »
I agree with tony.  People make mistakes all the time.  No one really knows if Vick is truly remorseful, but there really isn't much more he can do other than do his time, apologize, live right, and try and prevent others from making the same mistakes he did. 

He might have received the harshest animal cruelty punishment in American history.  I say enough already.  It's not like he molested someone's kid. 

And regarding his ability, he's one of the few football players I would pay to see.  Can't really compare him to pocket passers or other mobile QBs.  He's a different breed.  I doubt we've ever had a QB in the NFL was the also arguably the fastest player in the NFL.   

I agree on all account iono if id pay to watch him play but id definitly turn to that channel  ;D youre right he was a great athelete and alot of fun to watch.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2009, 01:46:13 PM »
Vick is old news. He had his window of superstardom and now it's gone. He's was an excellent athlete playing quarterback.

Unless he learns the basic mechanics of being a drop back passer and not run at the first sign of pocket collapse, he won't amount to shit. You can't relay on speed and quickness at the QB position your entire career. Randall Cunningham made the adjustment as he got older and he became a capable starting QB heading into his 30's. I don't think Vick can make a transition like that. He lacks the football IQ to consistently read defenses. Not only that, he fumbles and puts the ball on the ground almost every game he played in. yeah, he was exciting to watch but winning is the bottom line in the NFL.

Keep in mind he had garbage WRs and still made the Pro Bowl three times, the playoffs, and the NFC Championship game.  If winning is the bottom line, I think his record is pretty good, when you factor in his supporting cast.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2009, 01:50:15 PM »

His biggest mistake was hanging around thugs.  I don't think he murdered the guy.  He has been pretty clean since then.