Author Topic: 440 lb. Skull-Crusher:  (Read 7516 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
440 lb. Skull-Crusher:
« on: May 20, 2009, 08:02:27 PM »

burn2live

• Getbig IV
Re: 440 lb. Skull-Crusher:
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 12:11:45 PM »
That's sick. Dude is a beast

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 05:17:08 PM »
bump that...my elbows would snap...or i would be an amputee

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 07:05:29 PM »
That's sick. Dude is a beast

Yeah.
I was thinking of posting this on the G&O board to see how many comments it’d get from the “experts.”
Something along the lines of:

“Look how far his elbows flare out…”
or
“Epic bringing your head up to the bar…”
 ;D

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 09:15:56 AM »
Yeah.
I was thinking of posting this on the G&O board to see how many comments it’d get from the “experts.”

or
 ;D

hi Alex (Du Eiger-Nordwand), bist Du es selber.....???   

Karl/Charly     

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 05:29:14 PM »
Yeah.

or
 ;D

lol. I know, I'm pretty sure that's what would happen  :D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 05:37:09 PM »
hi Alex (Du Eiger-Nordwand), bist Du es selber.....   

Karl/Charly

Did you just say something dirty to me in German?

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 02:50:23 PM »
nothing dirt....i only ask if it´s Alex himself who´s posting here ? (i know him...)

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 05:36:42 PM »
thats not skull crushers that close grip bench presses to the head.  ::)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 06:46:47 PM »
IT'S REMARKABLE HOW FEW PAY ATTENTION. THOSE ARE CLOSE-GRIPS TO THE FACE, WHICH BRANCH WARREN ALSO DOES. NOT A BAD EXERCISE BUT MUCH EASIER THAN EXTENSIONS; IF HE COULD REALLY DO THOSE IN EXTENSION FORM HE'D HAVE 27" ARMS.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2009, 07:50:22 PM »
IT'S REMARKABLE HOW FEW PAY ATTENTION. THOSE ARE CLOSE-GRIPS TO THE FACE, WHICH BRANCH WARREN ALSO DOES. NOT A BAD EXERCISE BUT MUCH EASIER THAN EXTENSIONS; IF HE COULD REALLY DO THOSE IN EXTENSION FORM HE'D HAVE 27" ARMS.
exactly.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2009, 08:01:49 PM »
I can't watch it.  Is it like a JM press?
Squishy face retard

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2009, 08:16:41 PM »
I can't watch it.  Is it like a JM press?
maybe even worse, like Pumpster siad it's basically a close grip to the face with a TINY bit of elbow flexion thrown in, still pretty impressive in and of itself to close grip 440 to the face though.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2009, 08:49:01 PM »

he close grips 440 and his tri's are still small. idk why skull crushing would mean all the sudden he'd start growing.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2009, 05:24:42 AM »
he close grips 440 and his tri's are still small. idk why skull crushing would mean all the sudden he'd start growing.

Is mr. friendly actually asking me a question? This is the same scenario as previously discussed many times and should be obvious by now. Low reps especially with compounds don't necessarily lead to arm size, like most weight and power lifters. Anyone who develops strength on non-compound BB exercises  that hit the muscles squarely and more intensely and uses moderate reps will see the muscles grow. You won't find many guys doing 150-200 lb. preachers or extensions for reps with small arms. Same with flys.

In the mid-70s as a kid i was lucky enough to live in the West Indies, which has the highest percentage of great BBs and sprinters on the planet. Oliva, Dillet, Fox, Nubret, Al Beckles, Callendar, Rick Wayne, Stubbs all from the West Indies. I was able to go to the same local gym in in Barbados as some of the top guys including Al Beckles cousin Darcy Beckles, who placed in the Universe a few times. I remember him doing 130 lb. preachers with good form, under control for reps-20" cut arms pumped on a small frame-small wrists,  27" waist.

SuperMike3288

• Getbig III
  • Up, up, and away!
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 07:09:42 AM »
That is impressive, no doubt. But it looks like he is doing some horribly awful form of bench pressing then actually doing skull crushers
Intensity; the measure of man

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 09:01:21 AM »
you guys, of course, do realize how crazily leverages change when the weights hit a certain point and it then becomes physiologically impossible to do it with the same form one does it for high rep "pump" sets. right? i mean, otherwise you'd all look like a bunch of morons critiquing a guy doing a skullcrusher with more weight than any of you can squat.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2009, 12:19:35 PM »
Most people couldn't press 275 in that fashion.

It's more difficult than you think.

Strong dude.

8)

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2009, 01:49:24 PM »

Strong dude.

8)

No one ever suggested it was easy, or assumed it was. That's another issue.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2009, 02:18:53 PM »

Strong dude.

8)

even that's being pretty generous, man. i'd imagine if anyone on here tried 185 like that they'd get a dent in their forehead.

i also love the people saying "why do that if you have small triceps?!?" such a bodybuilding vanity mentality. why do something if it doesn't make you look good.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2009, 03:04:32 PM »
mega strong
choice is an illusion

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2009, 03:54:43 PM »

i also love the people saying "why do that if you have small triceps?!?" such a bodybuilding vanity mentality. why do something if it doesn't make you look good.

Actually, focusing on strength when that wasn't the gist of the thread in the first place would clearly be the extremist position, which quite understandably isn't the priority of most on a BB site. Being strong is a nice backstory, not more than that. Lookin good easily trumps that, and he doesn't. Looks like your average fat slob actually.

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2009, 05:20:51 PM »
Actually, focusing on strength when that wasn't the gist of the thread in the first place would clearly be the extremist position,

I would say the point of a thread highlighting a 440lb skullcrusher was definitely strength.  Otherwise the thread title would have been "28inch-armed man does skullcrushers with an empty bar!" or some such business. 

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2009, 06:10:08 PM »
I would say the point of a thread highlighting a 440lb skullcrusher was definitely strength.  Otherwise the thread title would have been "28inch-armed man does skullcrushers with an empty bar!" or some such business. 

What draws the attention is the outrageous false advertising; 400 lb. extensions is ususual. 400 lb. close grips is good but not unusual or compelling, especially in the context of a BB forum-it's a lot less impressive to a BB to see someone hoist decent weight while looking like a slob.

What you see here is that in most cases guys have either a BB or power orientation. Most with the latter don't have great physiques. Different mentality; not interested personally.

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2009, 06:34:32 PM »
What draws the attention is the outrageous false advertising; 400 lb. extensions is ususual. 400 lb. close grips is good but not unusual or compelling, especially in the context of a BB forum-it's a lot less impressive to a BB to see someone hoist decent weight while looking like a slob.

What you see here is that in most cases guys have either a BB or power orientation. Most with the latter don't have great physiques. Different mentality; not interested personally.

Not sure how you expected to see a bodybuilder based on anything posted in the original post.

Also, these are definitely extensions.  Not your typical elbows-to-the-sky strict bodybuilding skullcrushers, but if the elbow is higher than the shoulder it's sure as shit not a press.  Just because the guy doing them isn't a bodybuilder and doesn't make any claims to be doesn't change the mechanics of the movement.