Author Topic: If Arnold never retired (HOW MANY Mr. Olympia titles?)  (Read 5239 times)

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
If Arnold never retired (HOW MANY Mr. Olympia titles?)
« on: May 23, 2009, 08:39:02 PM »
If he would have never retired in 1975, he would have gone on to win in 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982 and 1983. Lee Haney would have been TOO much for Arnold to handle. So in total, he would have won 14 Mr. Olympias in all.

A better question would be, if Arnold continued to improve upon his 1974 showing and not been distracted by Hollywood, what would he have looked like by the early 80's (he was only 33 in 1980)?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: If Arnold never retired (HOW MANY Mr. Olympia titles?)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 09:07:01 PM »
I'd say 1972 - 1990. Only Yates would have derailed him.
a

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 09:27:45 PM »
I'd say 1972 - 1990. Only Yates would have derailed him.

Curious to why you left out 1970 and 1971?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 09:31:02 PM »
Opps, my mistake. Include those years as well.
a

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 09:46:05 PM »
Opps, my mistake. Include those years as well.

HAHA...Okay   ;)

You honestly think that 1986 Lee Haney would not have destroyed 1974 Arnold?

alnassak

• Getbig IV
  • مـشـتـآق لـك مـوت يـآلـي طـول غـيـآبـك
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 01:55:27 AM »
He would NEVER been stopped  8)
Corvette Lover

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 02:13:33 AM »

Stopped never he would?  ;D

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 02:33:05 AM »

what not even by your sexual fantasy Kevin Levrone ::)
Thunderdome approved

alnassak

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 02:48:41 AM »
what not even by your sexual fantasy Kevin Levrone ::)

It is really strange when you are a fucking gay and you think all people like you  ???

Schmoe bastard = Akbr Khnaith  :-X
Corvette Lover

alnassak

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 02:49:41 AM »
Stopped never he would?  ;D

Na, never he stopped would !!  ;D
Corvette Lover

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 03:00:42 AM »
It is really strange when you are a fucking gay and you think all people like you  ???

Schmoe bastard = Akbr Khnaith  :-X

epic closet homosexuality ::)
Thunderdome approved

Superboy Prime

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 04:26:02 AM »
Arnold can only lose to Arnold.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 04:35:24 AM »
I would guess all the way through the 70's and 80's.

jojo2371

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2009, 05:27:00 AM »
I agree with every year except '83 ,i think samir would have been a fight ,samir's 83 win to me represent's an athlete showing up and peaking at the right time when it counted the most on the biggest night ever ! probably one of the most "true" wins in BB history.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2009, 05:43:49 AM »
I agree with every year except '83 ,i think samir would have been a fight ,samir's 83 win to me represent's an athlete showing up and peaking at the right time when it counted the most on the biggest night ever ! probably one of the most "true" wins in BB history.

The show is rife with politics, so how many Schwarzie would have "won" is completely irrelevant as it's not a legit contest every year. Some yes, some no. Anyone who wants to speculate about Schwarzenegger should be smart and then include Oliva in all of the 70s shows too, knowing he and Nubret would've been in and won some of those shows if they'd known the judging would be fair.

Samir's a classic example; he was physically the second best guy on stage that day but what Weider will never admit is that personality is part of the criteria for winning, as in some beauty contests. Which is ok but should be admitted and in the rules. If the best guy won in '83 they would've had a murderer as mr. olympia.

Haney would not have been able to beat any of the very top ex-Olympia winners in fair contests and did not beat any great BBs who were in shape.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2009, 05:50:54 AM »

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2009, 06:23:50 AM »
The show is rife with politics, so how many Schwarzie would have "won" is completely irrelevant as it's not a legit contest every year. Some yes, some no. Anyone who wants to speculate about Schwarzenegger should be smart and then include Oliva in all of the 70s shows too, knowing he and Nubret would've been in and won some of those shows if they'd known the judging would be fair.

Samir's a classic example; he was physically the second best guy on stage that day but what Weider will never admit is that personality is part of the criteria for winning, as in some beauty contests. Which is ok but should be admitted and in the rules. If the best guy won in '83 they would've had a murderer as mr. olympia.

Haney would not have been able to beat any of the very top ex-Olympia winners in fair contests and did not beat any great BBs who were in shape.

Ha ha ha ha Samir was the second best bodybuilder in 83  ::) indicative of your ignorance and bias Samir was hands down the best bodybuilder on stage in 1983 . I know you have an affinity for ebony bodybuilders but spare us all your bull shit with the politics ALL of the men you keep pushing have ALL done well in the IFBB if contests are fixed than every contest Robby , Sergio , Serge , Fox and any other black guy you love ALL received the same gifts , you can't have it both ways even if thats the way you swing 

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2009, 09:00:22 AM »
Ha ha ha ha Samir was the second best bodybuilder in 83  ::) indicative of your ignorance and bias Samir was hands down the best bodybuilder on stage in 1983 . I know you have an affinity for ebony bodybuilders but spare us all your bull shit with the politics ALL of the men you keep pushing have ALL done well in the IFBB if contests are fixed than every contest Robby , Sergio , Serge , Fox and any other black guy you love ALL received the same gifts , you can't have it both ways even if thats the way you swing 

This moron can't explain various results like 1981 but blindly shills for the IFBB. They love followers like this, make money off em.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2009, 09:04:05 AM »
This moron can't explain various results like 1981 but blindly shills for the IFBB. They love followers like this, make money off em.

You can't explain 2001 in fact you claimed Ronnie dominated the contest by losing the whole prejudging more of your retard logic , you claim ' personality ' is part of the judging yet Ronnie Coleman a man not known for his beaming personality has the most Olympia wins and contest wins in IFBB history , again YOU don't know a thing about competitive bodybuilding all you know if if the black guy loses it was a fix

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2009, 09:08:38 AM »
arnold already retired long ago.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2009, 09:13:09 AM »
If he would have never retired in 1975, he would have gone on to win in 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982 and 1983. Lee Haney would have been TOO much for Arnold to handle. So in total, he would have won 14 Mr. Olympias in all.

A better question would be, if Arnold continued to improve upon his 1974 showing and not been distracted by Hollywood, what would he have looked like by the early 80's (he was only 33 in 1980)?

He is a governor now, let it go.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2009, 09:19:15 AM »
 :o

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2009, 09:58:05 AM »

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2009, 10:05:00 AM »
Arnold would have worked twice as hard to beat Haney. Arnold just did what arnold needed to do to win. As long as nobody was better than him, arnold didn't care about being the best he could be. So I think Arnold and Haney would have been a great match in the early 80s, but Haney would have eventually beat him, that is if he didnt the first time they met. I agree with the first post.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2009, 10:33:30 AM »
If Arnold Had Never Retired, How Many Mr.Olympia Titles?

According to Uncle Joe, 11. Arnold would have won all Olympias between 1976 and 1979 as well. Personally, I believe that prime Arnold is better than Haney, Chris Dickerson, Columbo and Samir Bannout, but we have no idea how Arnold would look in the mid to late eighties if he still competed. Bodybuilders usually peak in their late thirties, but some peak as young as in their late twenties to early thirties and then only decline after that. Arnold would have perhaps beeen that case. But let's assume that he would maintain his peak and only start declining after 40 due to age. Then, he would win all Olympias until 1987. By the 88' Olympia, Haney was as big and ripped as prime Arnold and Arnold would have undoubtedly declined at age 41. So, in my opinion, Arnold would have won all Olympias between 1970 and 1987. Conclusion:

18 Sandows.

SUCKMYMUSCLE