Author Topic: California Supreme Court votes 6-1 to uphold gay marriage ban  (Read 17315 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Re: California Supreme Court votes 6-1 to uphold gay marriage ban
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2009, 12:14:38 PM »
when the dog is able to give an informed consent, then we can talk about it.
A brother and sister can give informed consent...why can't they marry?
!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2009, 12:23:42 PM »
A brother and sister can give informed consent...why can't they marry?

If they agree to submit to sterilization, then I won't care if they marry.  They can adopt or become foster parents, if they wish to be parents at all. 

They should not be allowed to procreate, inside or outside the confines of marriage. 

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2009, 12:26:26 PM »
The fact that tax dollars are even spent debating on this issue, is simply laughable. ;D

People from the 50s are rolling in their graves on this one.

I can just picture this country in another 50 years. ::)

Germaphobes, strapped to portable communication devices, 30" rims on their SUV, botox, face lifts, tits jobs.

This will be the norm.  Disgusting. ;)
N

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2009, 12:29:17 PM »
The fact that tax dollars are even spent debating on this issue, is simply laughable. ;D

People from the 50s are rolling in their graves on this one.

I can just picture this country in another 50 years. ::)

Germaphobes, strapped to portable communication devices, 30" rims on their SUV, botox, face lifts, tits jobs.

This will be the norm.  Disgusting. ;)

Aren't you going to scream you are natural?
I hate the State.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2009, 12:35:18 PM »
I beleive homosexulas, can do what ever they please, its there life.But I dont agree with gay marriage.Our founding fathers were christian god fearing men who would have never excepted gay marriages.Since our founding fathers started our country, and They are the reason we are the country we are today, we should respect there wishes.
I bleieve gays, can get, live together, and I have nothing against them.I just beleive marriage should be between a man and a woman.God man man, and god created woman so they could repdoce and multiply, by having children.A gay couples cant create children together, so they should be able to legally marry.
I think the gay community, should create there own form of marriage.They should have a ceremony, and make there own kind of contract that they can recognize as there form of marriage.This way, they arent forcing there lifestyle on us and we arent forcing are lifestyle on them.
I have nothing against gays, because I beleive in live and let live.If they want to love a person of the same sex,it doesnt bother me.As long as it doesnt effect my life, god bless them.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2009, 12:45:45 PM »
If they agree to submit to sterilization, then I won't care if they marry.  They can adopt or become foster parents, if they wish to be parents at all. 

They should not be allowed to procreate, inside or outside the confines of marriage. 

But, the gay "marriage" argument is that marriage isn't about procreation. By that logic, it shouldn't matter whether opposite-sex siblings can procreate or not (or even if their offspring has some genetic defects).

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2009, 12:49:54 PM »
But, the gay "marriage" argument is that marriage isn't about procreation. By that logic, it shouldn't matter whether opposite-sex siblings can procreate or not (or even if their offspring has some genetic defects).

Precisely.
Tre is applying a double standard. Why can't a brother and sister marry and procreate? You are denying them their civil right to have children. The "wife" should be allowed to give birth like any other American, right?
!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2009, 12:54:10 PM »
End marriage welfare and no gays will want to get married anymore but then straight people will start bitching because they will lose their privileges. Everyone likes welfare as long as they are getting it, just not for other people.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2009, 12:56:29 PM »
I beleive homosexulas, can do what ever they please, its there life.But I dont agree with gay marriage.Our founding fathers were christian god fearing men who would have never excepted gay marriages.Since our founding fathers started our country, and They are the reason we are the country we are today, we should respect there wishes.
I bleieve gays, can get, live together, and I have nothing against them.I just beleive marriage should be between a man and a woman.God man man, and god created woman so they could repdoce and multiply, by having children.A gay couples cant create children together, so they should be able to legally marry.
I think the gay community, should create there own form of marriage.They should have a ceremony, and make there own kind of contract that they can recognize as there form of marriage.This way, they arent forcing there lifestyle on us and we arent forcing are lifestyle on them.
I have nothing against gays, because I beleive in live and let live.If they want to love a person of the same sex,it doesnt bother me.As long as it doesnt effect my life, god bless them.

Though this has been discussed to death, none of the most prominent Founders were Christian, they were deists' BIG difference.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2009, 12:58:04 PM »

You are right. It shouldn't. In France, siblings can marry and procreate. Who cares? It has nothing to do with the rest of us.
I hate the State.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2009, 01:00:51 PM »

I don't care if two siblings love one another in a way that many people might disapprove of.  Out of the billions of people who've ever lived, odds are that there would be siblings and first cousins who'd fall in love. 

If four men wish to be in a relationship with one woman - and with one another - I'm fine with them getting 'married', too.  It's just not that big a deal.  They're in love, and their relationship works for them.  Sure, I love people who speak English in America, but doesn't being an American mean believing in the right for one to live outside the box? 

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2009, 01:05:03 PM »

Thats the problem mixing politics and religion. bible was written hundreds of years ago. this is 2009 a whole different world.
 If they want to get married, let it happen. we should worry about of what is important.
 BTW: f*ck religion.
Gracie Rules

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2009, 01:08:06 PM »
I don't care if two siblings love one another in a way that many people might disapprove of.  Out of the billions of people who've ever lived, odds are that there would be siblings and first cousins who'd fall in love. 

If four men wish to be in a relationship with one woman - and with one another - I'm fine with them getting 'married', too.  It's just not that big a deal.  They're in love, and their relationship works for them.  Sure, I love people who speak English in America, but doesn't being an American mean believing in the right for one to live outside the box? 

MCWAY=ultimate fundamentalist Christian=believes world is 6,000 years old and Garden of Eden literally real=no point discussing this with him.
I hate the State.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2009, 01:09:21 PM »

You should probably study a little more American history in order to get a better idea of 'what the founders would've wanted'. 

I bleieve gays, can get, live together, and I have nothing against them.I just beleive marriage should be between a man and a woman.God man man, and god created woman so they could repdoce and multiply, by having children.A gay couples cant create children together, so they shouldn't be able to legally marry.

So, infertile couples should not be allowed to marry?  That's what you just said. 

It's less about the 'title' and more about the rights, privileges, and protections afforded to those who 'marry' within the current parameters.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2009, 01:11:02 PM »

Thats the problem mixing politics and religion. bible was written hundreds of years ago. this is 2009 a whole different world.
 If they want to get married, let it happen. we should worry about of what is important.
 BTW: f*ck religion.

Exactly who decides what is or isn't "important"? Do we now scrap the laws about murder, theft, lying, parental obedience, etc (i.e. those based on six of the Ten Commandments)?

Mixing politics and religion almost always occurs, because what you believe is right or wrong shapes how you make policy. And, for most people, that morality is based on religious beliefs.

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2009, 01:12:06 PM »
America sucks dick. Gay straight who cares, stupid Nazi US.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2009, 01:16:59 PM »
MCWAY=ultimate fundamentalist Christian=believes world is 6,000 years old and Garden of Eden literally real=no point discussing this with him.

Yet, you just did, by agreeing with an earlier post.

You don't hear me saying that there's no point discussing this with you, based on the extremely irrelevant fact that you keep repeatedly spewing the falsehood of the Founding Father being primarily deists (espeically when the signers of the Dec. of Independnence, the Constitution, etc. have their church memberships and denominations listed for all to see).

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2009, 01:19:37 PM »
Exactly who decides what is or isn't "important"? Do we now scrap the laws about murder, theft, lying, parental obedience, etc (i.e. those based on six of the Ten Commandments)?

Mixing politics and religion almost always occurs, because what you believe is right or wrong shapes how you make policy. And, for most people, that morality is based on religious beliefs.

Thousands of cultures and others far older than your goatherders MCWAY had those proscriptions ingrained in their society wthout having read your book of fiction.

The golden rule decides what it is important; do what you want as long as you don't harm other people.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2009, 01:22:14 PM »
Yet, you just did, by agreeing with an earlier post.

You don't hear me saying that there's no point discussing this with you, based on the extremely irrelevant fact that you keep repeatedly spewing the falsehood of the Founding Father being primarily deists (espeically when the signers of the Dec. of Independnence, the Constitution, etc. have their church memberships and denominations listed for all to see).

What did I agree with?

All the prominent Founders and I am not talking about minor cosigners were deists, some of whom wrote horribly negative things about Christianity.
I hate the State.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2009, 01:30:57 PM »
Thousands of cultures and others far older than your goatherders MCWAY had those proscriptions ingrained in their society wthout having read your book of fiction.

First of all, I don't have "book of fiction"; secondly, many of those other cultures ("far older" or not) had their laws based ALSO on religious belief, which sinks your entire premise.

Furthermore, the particular laws in the United States, per the words of the Founding Fathers, are based on certain Biblical laws (i.e. the Ten Commandments).

The golden rule decides what it is important; do what you want as long as you don't harm other people.

According to whom? If I decide to "harm other people" and I have the might to do it (if they don't concede to my wishes) who's going to stop me? Per your logic, there is no God. Therefore, it's simply man vs. man. And whoever can impose his will first rules.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2009, 01:34:16 PM »
What demographic voted overwhelmingly AGAINST gay marriage again?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2009, 01:35:39 PM »
What did I agree with?

All the prominent Founders and I am not talking about minor cosigners were deists, some of whom wrote horribly negative things about Christianity.

Now this is rich, cherry-picking who's "prominent" with who's "minor", because your repeated diatribes about the Founding Fathers ring hollow.

But, I was referring to this issue about gay "marriage" and the argument that gays give that procreation isn't a factor, when it comes to defining marriage (yet gays, for the most part, don't condone incest).

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2009, 01:38:24 PM »
First of all, I don't have "book of fiction"; secondly, many of those other cultures ("far older" or not) had their laws based ALSO on religious belief, which sinks your entire premise.

Furthermore, the particular laws in the United States, per the words of the Founding Fathers, are based on certain Biblical laws (i.e. the Ten Commandments).

According to whom? If I decide to "harm other people" and I have the might to do it (if they don't concede to my wishes) who's going to stop me? Per your logic, there is no God. Therefore, it's simply man vs. man. And whoever can impose his will first rules.

]

Do unto other...as you wish...yes you get it. Not arbitary at all. I don't want to be mugged so I don't mug other people. Pretty simple.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2009, 01:40:02 PM »
Now this is rich, cherry-picking who's "prominent" with who's "minor", because your repeated diatribes about the Founding Fathers ring hollow.

But, I was referring to this issue about gay "marriage" and the argument that gays give that procreation isn't a factor, when it comes to defining marriage (yet gays, for the most part, don't condone incest).

Anything between consenting adults is fine, sibling or not. If there are gay people who don't agree with this, then their argumentation is flawed.
I hate the State.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2009, 01:46:26 PM »
What demographic voted overwhelmingly AGAINST gay marriage again?

Uneducated middle-class (and wannabe middle-class) whites.