Author Topic: California Supreme Court votes 6-1 to uphold gay marriage ban  (Read 17366 times)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Re: California Supreme Court votes 6-1 to uphold gay marriage ban
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2009, 08:26:28 PM »
The Coach demographic... aka the self-hating demographic of poor men who think they are rich and straight but want sticky studs so bad their bodies ache.
QFT  amen  :)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2009, 08:35:04 PM »
The Coach demographic... aka the self-hating demographic of poor men who think they are rich and straight but want sticky studs so bad their bodies ache.
Minorities, especially blacks, voted against gay marriage.
Squishy face retard

Bast175

« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2009, 08:37:33 PM »
they should ban sodomy and oral sex  ;D

Bast175

« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2009, 08:39:02 PM »

yea, mexicans = Catholic.

and the others you state are more intolerant than any other race.  Hell they will discriminate you if you don't have the latest Air Jordans.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2009, 08:44:22 PM »
yea, mexicans = Catholic.

and the others you state are more intolerant than any other race.  Hell they will discriminate you if you don't have the latest Air Jordans.
Yeah true but you don't see the gays marching against these groups, just the Mormons.  Kinda hypocritical and sheepish IMO.  If gays are afforded the same rights as married straight couples then why the need to change the institution of marriage?  That's what I don't get.  It seems that the MO of the general gay community is to throw their opinions and lifestyle in the face of everyone else and if you disagree then you are labeled a bigot.  People are all raised with different beliefs.  Disagreeing with gay marriage doesn't mean you hate gays and that's what people don't understand.
Squishy face retard

Bast175

« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2009, 08:47:17 PM »
Yeah true but you don't see the gays marching against these groups, just the Mormons.  Kinda hypocritical and sheepish IMO.  If gays are afforded the same rights as married straight couples then why the need to change the institution of marriage?  That's what I don't get.  It seems that the MO of the general gay community is to throw their opinions and lifestyle in the face of everyone else and if you disagree then you are labeled a bigot.  People are all raised with different beliefs.  Disagreeing with gay marriage doesn't mean you hate gays and that's what people don't understand.

I agree.  I disagree with gay and straight marriage, but that doesn't mean that i care if anyone does it.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2009, 08:49:05 PM »
I agree.  I disagree with gay and straight marriage, but that doesn't mean that i care if anyone does it.

I agree about marriage in general.  Stupid idea.
Squishy face retard

StickStickly

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastard
« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2009, 08:51:10 PM »
Well, they are just as fucking stupid too. Look at them. I mean coach and minorities dress the same after all. A strong reflection on intelligence indeed.

Poor frustrated little midget. He is spinning his wheels.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2009, 09:06:15 PM »
Well, they are just as fucking stupid too. Look at them. I mean coach and minorities dress the same after all. A strong reflection on intelligence indeed.

Poor frustrated little midget. He is spinning his wheels.
Coach is a good guy and everyone is entitled to their opinion dude.  Intolerance of beliefs happens on both political sides, but because someone disagrees with something doesn't make a person bigoted.
Squishy face retard

StickStickly

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastard
« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2009, 09:25:21 PM »
Coach is a good guy and everyone is entitled to their opinion dude.  Intolerance of beliefs happens on both political sides, but because someone disagrees with something doesn't make a person bigoted.
Yeah... real good guy. He just supports torture which goes against all American values.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2009, 09:31:16 PM »
Yeah... real good guy. He just supports torture which goes against all American values.
The Roach is a bigger chicken than sean hannity.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2009, 10:08:20 PM »
It would be great if we could vote on various propositions on the federal level as well.  The will of the people is the way to run a democracy. 

Unless the will of the people is contrary to the founding principals of democracy, such as equality under the law.  Being committed to democratic government means establishing its principals as paramount and immutable.

That does, however, beg the question....'what is gender?'

Dude.  Boys have a penis and girls have a vagina, X & Y chromosomes, etc, and don't talk to me about one in a million hermaphrofreaks or psycho-sexual alignment as gender definition.  You are building your case on an unstable foundation.  The issue is much simpler than that.  Who you like to fuck (consensual rational adults etc) does not define your role as a citizen and therefore has no bearing on your rights.

I agree with you though.  Ffs just let 'em get married.  They have the same rights as people who like to fuck the opposite sex.  This puritanical obsession about what other people do with their naughty bits when behind closed doors is bizarre.  I don't understand homophobia.  At the same time, I wish gays would stop already with the parades and stuff.  If you saw a bunch of men marching down the street celebrating the fact that they like to fuck women, it would strike you as odd and in poor taste.  Same thing.

the estimated 18,000 gay couples who tied the knot before the law took effect will stay wed.

Not if they're like most people who get married!  :D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2009, 11:07:45 PM »
Don't gay civil unions enjoy all the same protections under the law as marriages with the exception of the term "marriage"?

Yes and no.  They get a lot of the important stuff, but I admit that I don't know how a domestic partnership/civil union is treated by the IRS. 

What I do know is that a married couple in California is still a married couple in Texas.  But DPs are treated differently.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2009, 11:15:22 PM »
Uneducated middle-class (and wannabe middle-class) whites blacks.

Fixed.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2009, 11:21:44 PM »

The equality CA people say they aren't sure whether they want to bring it back to the ballot in 2010 or 2012. 

They should go 2010, so that I'll still have money to contribute. :)

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2009, 02:33:47 AM »
 :-X

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2009, 04:23:51 AM »
Tre,

Even if gay marriage becomes the law in all 50 states and Puerto Rico it still will not be normal. There's a difference between legal and legitimate. :)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2009, 05:13:07 AM »

But saying to someone "You're not entitled to the same rights as I am, because you wish to 'live gay'" is what it means to act like a bigot. 

I still go back to the taxation issue, though.  And one real important issue - at least from a few perspectives - is that, with a simple majority at the ballot box, *anyone's* rights can be taken away in California.  I have to argue that that's a fatal flaw in our system. 

The 'yes on 8' people keep playing the 'why isn't it ok to disagree with you?' card and that's not the point. 

Disagreeing with logic, common sense, and the love of Christ is everyone's right and that's fine by me.  BUT, what's not fine is attempting to dictate how others must live.  If YOU wish to live according to your beliefs, so be it.  That's what America is here for. 

But telling others they must live based on your beliefs?  Completely un-American, by every definition.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2009, 05:15:08 AM »

Acting on that 'belief' at the expense of another does make one a bigot, whether he's aware of it or not. 

Bigotry doesn't have to been based on hate, but bigotry does sow the seeds of hate. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2009, 05:35:24 AM »
But saying to someone "You're not entitled to the same rights as I am, because you wish to 'live gay'" is what it means to act like a bigot. 

I still go back to the taxation issue, though.  And one real important issue - at least from a few perspectives - is that, with a simple majority at the ballot box, *anyone's* rights can be taken away in California.  I have to argue that that's a fatal flaw in our system. 

The 'yes on 8' people keep playing the 'why isn't it ok to disagree with you?' card and that's not the point. 

Disagreeing with logic, common sense, and the love of Christ is everyone's right and that's fine by me.  BUT, what's not fine is attempting to dictate how others must live.  If YOU wish to live according to your beliefs, so be it.  That's what America is here for. 

But telling others they must live based on your beliefs?  Completely un-American, by every definition.

You're just being silly now.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2009, 05:37:45 AM »
You're just being silly now.

All it takes is 50% +1 vote, Doc.  That's the law, as written. 

People don't believe in minding their own business, but doesn't the 'good book' address gossip at some point? 

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2009, 05:38:41 AM »
All it takes is 50% +1 vote, Doc.  That's the law, as written. 

People don't believe in minding their own business, but doesn't the 'good book' address gossip at some point? 

The America you're talking about never existed.

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
  • It's only gay if you want it to be.
« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2009, 05:40:59 AM »
We should have never let you have your independence. Now you unleashed the monstrous stupidity of people like the Coach, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, George W Bush, the Prop 8 crowd, and Sarah Palin on the world. Oh what we wouldn't give to turn back the clock and have some competent king in place of George III.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2009, 05:41:15 AM »
The America you're talking about never existed.

We're now living in a society where 'looking like a bodybuilder' equates to probable cause for a search warrant to be served on you.

Is that really the level of government intrusion you want in your life?

I have to push for less government, otherwise the will of the government will dictate the will of the people as we're seeing with the current steroid witch hunt.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2009, 06:15:31 AM »
Uneducated middle-class (and wannabe middle-class) whites.

Obama brought out the black vote, Tre, and the blacks told the gays to get fucked.

You ain't honest.