Author Topic: Has Dante "Doggcrapp" Ever been lean?  (Read 41639 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Has Dante "Doggcrapp" Ever been lean?
« Reply #150 on: May 31, 2009, 08:31:13 AM »
Hey big dawg,

First off, I don't really think Dante gives a crap what people on Getbig say about him or what they think about him  lol.  As he stated, the man is doing exactly what he wanted and that is being bigger than a house and as strong as an Ox, regardless of what his bodyfat % is, he knows if he wants to diet down for a show he can do it (as he has in the past).  As he stated he does not like how he looks dieted down , and thats totally normal....  Hell, I don't like how I look dieted down, but its not so bad for me that I never want to compete again.  Plus he has his own strategy of training that has worked with many of the top pros - so he really has to be doing something right.  I can't say much else about Dante as I am not him and don't know him personally, but his strategy has worked for many people, plain and simple.

Now, speaking from MY own personal experience, I have competed at a bodyweight as low as 159 lbs, and have bulked up to as high as 265 lbs.  Neither one could actually be considered ideal for me really.... 

For competition, I think my best weight so far was when I weighed about 178 lbs, and for the off-season maybe 200-215 lbs.

I have been training seriously since the year 2000 and have been competing since the year 2003, thats not even THAT long of a time.  But its enough time to learn about how my body responds to different training methods and different diets.

I whole heartedly believe that bulking up, to 230-250 really helped me earlier on building some much needed size and strength in my early 20s (I am turning 27 in September).  I don't think I would have ever been able to train as heavy and as intense as I used to without the extra "cushioning".  When I weighed in the 250 lbs range and was eating about 5000 calories, I was able to deadlift 500 lbs, squat 455, bench about 350, and curl about 95 lbs dumbells per arm.  Now I don't list these weights to brag or anything, and I know there are MANY people out there that can lift waaaay more than that at a lower bodyweight, but these were goals of MINE, and numbers that I wanted to reach and I was not going to reach them without putting on some bodyfat.  My best year of competition was 2004 when I had dieted down from 230 to 176 on show day, my body looked COMPLETELY different than it did the year before.  As the years went by, (and not that many years either), I found my body started responding differently to the extra weight gain, in 2005 I was weighing about 265 lbs and of course I looked more like a football player and not so much like a bodybuilder - but I still felt pretty solid, in 2006 thats when things started to really change, my training took a bit of a turn, and so did my entire life, I got married and was living in a different country, and eating different types of food.... I still weighed about 260 lbs, but I didn't really look like a guy that worked out anymore, I looked just like a "FAT PERSON", I would've made Dante looks like he was about to step on stage.  If you saw my honeymoon pictures you would all be on the floor laughing your asses off, I had a gut and just did not look good.  When I dieted down in 2007, I went from 260 lbs to 180 lbs, and I honestly looked like shit that year and I placed dead last in my show.  It was then that I realized tha bulking up is JUST not working for me.  For the longest time I was confused as to what was going on, and honest to god I started calling up a bunch of the top natural pros trying to understand what was happening to me...I called people like Sean Sullivan, Doug Miller, and Layne Norton, and they all told me the same thing, in that my body was changing.... and it was amazing how much it changed from the age of 21  -  25, it was no longer able to handle the weight gain again, and my fat cells were just growing and growing and hard to keep them under control.  It was then that I decided i wouldn't be bulking up like that ever again.

Since then i've been holding my weight at about 200-215 in the off-season.  I feel it probably would've been better if I had been doing this earlier and not having to deal with these unwanted fat cells....  But I do honestly believe that When I was 18 - 21, bulking up was REALLY important and really in a way "revolutionized" my training and my experience in bodybuilding.  I got stronger and I got bigger, and sure dieting down sucked, but when I did, the results were pretty good.......for sometime ;-)

I apologize for the very long post, but I really wanted to put it out there and hope to helps someone learn something!

Take care guys,

BIG ACH

I don't mind long posts, as long as there's substance to it, as is the case with yours.

From my experience, I would have never cracked 200 lbs, had I not increased my calories drastically, when I was in my early 20s (college years). It took lots of regular food and weight gainer to get that done. But now that I'm in my 30s, I've hit a bit of a crossroads. The first time I surpassed the 240 mark, I was 24 years old. Granted, my arms were just two limbs and I could barely see my abs. But, my strength and overall size was at a then-all time high.

The second time I did it (age 32) I eclipsed my previous high of 247 and peaked at 252. My arms were 181/4 inches and for the first time in my life, I could bench press 405 lbs. But, that came with a price, called "love handles". It was then that I realized that, even though I'm an ectomorph, I can't eat quite the way I did in my 20s. So, I dropped my calories, mainly by ceasing my use of weight gainers (the one constant of my diet for several years).

Now, I've decided the best course of action is a compromise. I'm back to using them again but with caution. I only use them on the days I actually train; and then, I take only two servings a day instead of three. And after about two or three months, I lay off them for about a month or two and switch to MRPs or straight protein powders.

Gaining size with minimal fat is a tough road to hoe. If you're fairly big already and are trying to tweak a few areas, that's the best route. But, if you're average height (5'8") and 150 or so and fairly young, gaining 5 lbs a muscle a year (with no fat) isn't going to do you much good. You will likely get frustrated and quit.

Those are the guys who need the high calories. Putting one 40 or 50 lbs in that year (even if half of that is fat) will make that guy look much better, overall. I think we're in agreement on that one. But, as I said, putting away that much food ain't easy, which is why some folks here make excuses for not doing that.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: May 31, 2009, 08:40:32 AM »

MCWAY, good post  man!!  We have similar stories for sure!

This is my arm at 250ish:

This is my arm at 178:

I don't think I could've gotten that size dieted down without blasting it and gaining some extra weight in the off-season.

One of my favorite quotes is by Skip LaCour, he says "In the off-season, don't eat to stay lean, and don't eat to get fat, Eat to gain muscle!" 

LOVE THAT LINE!

body88

« Reply #152 on: May 31, 2009, 09:05:00 AM »

This is my arm at 178:

I don't think I could've gotten that size dieted down without blasting it and gaining some extra weight in the off-season.

One of my favorite quotes is by Skip LaCour, he says "In the off-season, don't eat to stay lean, and don't eat to get fat, Eat to gain muscle!" 

LOVE THAT LINE!

Why not pull the tape correctly and show your arms at the 18.25 inches they really were?  Still impressive.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: May 31, 2009, 09:11:08 AM »

Why not pull the tape correctly and show your arms at the 18.25 inches they really were?  Still impressive.

I agree - I am not holding it correctly, and I never once said my arms are 19 inches,  its just hard to hold a tape measure by yourself man lol!

spinnis

« Reply #154 on: May 31, 2009, 09:17:09 AM »
I agree - I am not holding it correctly, and I never once said my arms are 19 inches,  its just hard to hold a tape measure by yourself man lol!

no its not...

Quo

• Getbig II
  • "Yes I work out...thanks for asking"
« Reply #155 on: May 31, 2009, 09:27:03 AM »
why do people use "Big" in their username when they're not big?

He has a big nose.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #156 on: May 31, 2009, 09:33:10 AM »

This is my arm at 178:

LOVE THAT LINE!

I agree with that.

My arm, at 18 inches looked about the same as yours in that pick (minus the armpit fur, of course). ;D

If your arms are at 18 inches at "250ish", it would mean that (if possible), you'd have to beef up to about 270 to get 20-inch guns.

Something tells me that isn't an aspriation of yours.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: May 31, 2009, 09:41:40 AM »
I agree with that.

My arm, at 18 inches looked about the same as yours in that pick (minus the armpit fur, of course). ;D

If your arms are at 18 inches at "250ish", it would mean that (if possible), you'd have to beef up to about 270 to get 20-inch guns.

Something tells me that isn't an aspriation of yours.

LOL, Would be cool to have 20 inch arms, but not really my main goal.  I just want to be a better bodybuilder on stage and off!

The nose jokes never get old with you guys, do they  :D

BIG ACH was a nickname given to me by my football coach back in like 8th grade (before I was ever even "big"), just sort of stuck!

Quo

• Getbig II
  • "Yes I work out...thanks for asking"
« Reply #158 on: May 31, 2009, 09:46:14 AM »
LOL, Would be cool to have 20 inch arms, but not really my main goal.  I just want to be a better bodybuilder on stage and off!

The nose jokes never get old with you guys, do they  :D

BIG ACH was a nickname given to me by my football coach back in like 8th grade (before I was ever even "big"), just sort of stuck!

There's no money in it...just get a nose job and settle for G4P...you look like you can do well in it...

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #159 on: May 31, 2009, 09:46:21 AM »
Dante
1 300 lbs and huge
2 21" plus arms
3 CEO of True Protein
5 Makes more money then 99% of all probdybuilders
6 Lives life on his own terms'
7 Created Dogg Crapp Training
8 He is looked up to and respected for his knowledge.
9 Doesnt need to get lean to impress his friends or girls because he is secure about himeself
10 He is a man who is respected by alot of people,he makes legit products, and is a straight forwards honest person

The average Getbigger

1 165lbs and looks horrible
2 lucky to have 15" arms
works a dead end job making $7-$8 an hour
3 l Still lives with there parents in there mid 30's,
3 Some say I own the house I just let my paretn live upstairs while I live in the basement.
5 Most get biggers spend 99% of there day on the getbig.This is why they cannot hold jobs.How the hell do some of you guys have 10k, 20k or even 30k posts??
6 Get biggers dont have ant clue about training but crique other who are bigger and better then them
7 Get biggers are the guys who go to expos and hide behind people in the crowd.They talk shit on the board, but in person they are scared and timid
8 Most getbiggers brag about cracking off all the time time.How pathetic is that?
I cant remember the last time I had to masterbate.Guys like myself dont need to masterbate, because I have a great looking wife who pleases me.If you cant even get a woman to sleep with you, you my friend are a loser.
9 The guys who talk the most shit on getbig, wont even poist a pic of themselves yet tear down and critue others.
10 getbig is one of the most negative and bitter sites I have ever visited
thats why I come here, for amusement

Here is an actual picture of one get bigger vanbilerass.This man attacks me constantly, yet his physique is nothing to be proud of.
I was a national level athlete and a CEO of a growing company, and I get bashed by this guy ??????

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: May 31, 2009, 09:47:44 AM »
There's no money in it...just get a nose job a settle for G4P...you like like you can do well in it...

I'm not doing bodybuilding for the money.  I have a great job that pays me very well - my job doesn't even require a smaller nose, so I'm good!  No G4P for me!  ;)

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #161 on: May 31, 2009, 09:57:25 AM »
Quaker, or Dave, I dont have a big nose.I am Italian but my nose is a lil bigger then average.
Dave, we both like thick curvy women, you know the ones from brazil with 40" plus butts? Thickenss is our sickness.FAT=Fabulous and Thick
Dont tear dont your brother who is an ally in the art of curves

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #162 on: May 31, 2009, 11:21:08 AM »

karu

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #163 on: May 31, 2009, 11:28:30 AM »
BREAKING NEWS

dante strudel is a big fat ass.
his so-called strength comes out of syringe.

hope this helps

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #164 on: May 31, 2009, 12:31:24 PM »
BREAKING NEWS

dante strudel is a big fat ass.
his so-called strength comes out of syringe.

hope this helps

ya, it's not like he couldn't achieve that size without using the sauce..haha

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #165 on: June 01, 2009, 10:54:37 AM »
Dante is a big guy.Trust me you cant get as big as Dante with just drugs.Dante has been training for many years.If you look at his body it is thick dense and has alot of mature muscle.
I have a structure and build simialr to Dante, but I am leaner.Could I or Dante become an IFBB pro, no, we dont have the genetics for it.To become a pro, it has nothing to do with drug use. Its all genetics and how well your body repsponds anabolic to drugs.
I know some guys who take a ton of shit, and look horrible.Then you got guys like Chris Cormier and Flex Wheeler who considers eating chesseburgers and tater tots dieting.Yet they looked better then I ever did or ever will.
Dante is not fat, he is just very thick and very dense.I bet 99% of the guys on getbig would kill to look like Dante.How many of you guys have been 300lbs? How many of you have had a 21" bicep?
How many of you are a CEO? How many of you are looked up to by pro bodybuilders for your knowledge? The answer for all for you is none of the above.!!!!!!!

Alot of people think by having bitterness or jeliuosy towards another person will make the person they hold a grudge against some how fail.All that really happens is jeliuosy and hate you hold against another person makes you fail.Because the negative energy you create from within yourself attracts negative things, ,negative circumstances, and negative people into your life.There for you will fail!!!!

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #166 on: June 01, 2009, 11:29:20 AM »
hahaha trying to link Cutler to Trevor Smith.  I think Jay trained with the guy once.  I've never seen Jay use or even talk about Trevor or BFT training.  Trevor Smith was another permabulker trying to push his ideas.  All these guys are the same.  Mentzer, Dante, Trevor.   

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #167 on: June 01, 2009, 12:14:55 PM »
Dante is a big guy.Trust me you cant get as big as Dante with just drugs.Dante has been training for many years.If you look at his body it is thick dense and has alot of mature muscle.
I have a structure and build simialr to Dante, but I am leaner.Could I or Dante become an IFBB pro, no, we dont have the genetics for it.To become a pro, it has nothing to do with drug use. Its all genetics and how well your body repsponds anabolic to drugs.
I know some guys who take a ton of shit, and look horrible.Then you got guys like Chris Cormier and Flex Wheeler who considers eating chesseburgers and tater tots dieting.Yet they looked better then I ever did or ever will.
Dante is not fat, he is just very thick and very dense.I bet 99% of the guys on getbig would kill to look like Dante.How many of you guys have been 300lbs? How many of you have had a 21" bicep?
How many of you are a CEO? How many of you are looked up to by pro bodybuilders for your knowledge? The answer for all for you is none of the above.!!!!!!!

Alot of people think by having bitterness or jeliuosy towards another person will make the person they hold a grudge against some how fail.All that really happens is jeliuosy and hate you hold against another person makes you fail.Because the negative energy you create from within yourself attracts negative things, ,negative circumstances, and negative people into your life.There for you will fail!!!!

Well said!

I go back to Ronnie Coleman's famous mantra, Everybody want to be a bodybuilder. But don't nobody want to lift no heavy-@$$ weight!" That seems also applies to diet. They don't want to eat no high-@$$ calories (that is, the quality and QUANTITY to get big and strong).

Or, as Arnold once said, "You don't sculpt a pebble; you sculpt a slab of granite"

The "fat" comments seem to be coming from folks who just don't want to put in the time and energy to eat the amount of food, necessary to gain major mass (drugs or no drugs). Steroids don't make muscles out of nothing.

In other words, the "pebbles" are referring to the "slab" as being "fat".

Or, A

Big Mark C

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #168 on: June 01, 2009, 12:44:39 PM »
Why would someone pose between 2 cars in a dark garage ???

alex23 did the same thing when he was peaking on one of his steroid cycles

Reign Down

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • http://www.sickipedia.org/
« Reply #169 on: June 01, 2009, 12:55:15 PM »
alex23 did the same thing when he was peaking on one of his steroid cycles

It seems as though Dante has copied King23.

He and Alex are both fat girls too

ta ta
Ta ta nerds!

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #170 on: June 01, 2009, 12:59:10 PM »
He has a big nose.

big?

it's massive.

holy fuck.

he says he weighs 250-

60 pounds of that body weight is located between his eyes.
b

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #171 on: June 01, 2009, 01:36:21 PM »
big guy with big muscles
!

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #172 on: June 01, 2009, 07:07:07 PM »
Trueprotein.com is one of my competitors in this industry, but they are one of my allies as well.They make great products that are legimate.Danate practices what he preachs, and offers products that make lablel claim.
He is one of the few people in this industry who actually gives a shit.
Is trueprotein.com as big as BSN or Muscleterch,No!!!! Will they ever be,probalby not.
But if I didnt own my company, I would buy there products over 99% of the products out there.
In this industry either you put the money into the quality of a product or you make a junk product  thats  looks pretty and market the hell out of it.
Do you want to pay for pretty packaing and marketing or do you want a great product.
The only reason im defending Dante is you guys are bashing one of the few people in this industry with some integrity.
How does trueprotein.com stay in buissness yet they dont plaster 4 page adds in 20 diffrent magazines???? Quality!!!!!!!!, They have a good reputation.
Like my company, they have built a reputation for being honest and reputable.
Trust me, I guarantee Dante like my company has alot of pretty well know athletes on his mailing list, who are endorsed by larger companies.
They are paid to say they use the products the company that endorses make.
I bet if Dante or I  I were to post our mailing list  of pro athletes, fighters aswell bodybuilders.Both the company and athlete would be embarassed.
If you only knew.lol :o.It would blow your mind.
Pro builders use alot of Waxey Maize, Whey Protein Isolate, L-Glutamine, and BCCA's this I know.What does Dante sell ? All of the above.
Not many companies make a good Whey Protein Isolate, or even sell a good Wavey Maize Starch.I do, and I know Dante does.Where do you think they get it? ;)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: June 01, 2009, 07:53:25 PM »
shipping took a bt long but i love the protein i bought from them
Trueprotein.com is one of my competitors in this industry, but they are one of my allies as well.They make great products that are legimate.Danate practices what he preachs, and offers products that make lablel claim.
Is trueprotein.com as big as BSN or Muscleterch,No!!!! Will they ever be,probalby not.
But if I didnt own my company, I would buy there products over 99% of the products out there.
In this industry either you put the money into the quality of a product or you make a junk product  thats  looks pretty and market the hell out of it.
Do you want to pay for pretty packaing and marketing or do you want a great product.
The only reason im defending Dante is you guys are bashing one of the few people in this industry with some integrity.
How does trueprotein.com stay in buissness yet they dont plaster 4 page adds in 20 diffrent magazines???? Quality!!!!!!!!, They have a good reputation.
Trust me, I guarantee Dante like my company has alot of pretty well know athletes on his mailing list, who are endorsed by larger companies.
I bet if Dante or I  I were to post our mailing list  of pro athletes, fighters aswell bodybuilders.Both the company and athlete would be embarassed.
Pro builders use alot of Waxey Maize, Whey Protein Isolate, L-Glutamine, and BCCA's this I know.What does Dante sell ? All of the above.
Not many companies make a good Whey Protein Isolate, or even sell a good Wavey Maize Starch.I do, and I know Dante does.Where do you think they get it? ;)
w

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #174 on: June 01, 2009, 08:21:00 PM »
ha ha ha,,,your laughable my friend very laughable do you even know what you SAID AT ALL ONCE AGAIN MR. HRT IS TELLING YOUNG KIDS TO TAKE 600 GRAMS OF PROTEIN PER DAY TO GET BIG AND LARGE AND NATURAL LIKE HIM,,,KNOWING WELL HE TOOKD HORMONES FROM BEFORE,,,VERY LAUGHABLE