Author Topic: Is anyone a Mike Mentzer Fan?  (Read 2544 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: Is anyone a Mike Mentzer Fan?
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2009, 04:06:42 PM »
Huge fan of his training regimen, if i have time to eat and train that is.
I think HIT training is most effective for all bodygroups except triceps, forearms and quads. As the years passed by im training shorter and shorter per session. Right now i dont stay longer than 30 min in the gym, you put everything you got in those 30 min and you re beat man. I keep the warmup-sets on low reps, and very little rest between those warmupsets, like 10 to 15 seconds, then rest 2 min and do your one monster intensity set for lets say dumbell curls, right now im doing just one set and one excersize for biceps, if i have the time i do it twice weekly, and they grow faster than ever before.its awesome i say

Outstanding Mike principles to work especially for no drug users. Pretty much everything works for drug users. Even drug users could benefit if they gave his principles a chance.

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2009, 06:37:15 PM »
do u know what kind of diet he followed???

we never discussed it formally, I believe he advocated 1.5 g of protein per lb of lean body mass though.

mentzer's ideals for building muscle made scientific sense which is why many people tried them, he truly
believed they worked and was quite dogmatic about it.

I'll never forget he sounded just like the audio tapes when he talked, he was quite well spoken.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2009, 06:40:23 PM »
we never discussed it formally, I believe he advocated 1.5 g of protein per lb of lean body mass though.

mentzer's ideals for building muscle made scientific sense which is why many people tried them, he truly

I'll never forget he sounded just like the audio tapes when he talked, he was quite well spoken.
Yes very intelligent person that tried to educate the BB community but never could. its still 6 days a week for less results for most.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2009, 06:49:32 PM »
Great Moustache

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2009, 08:36:53 PM »
Well, Chick did say Mike had a weak chest, child bearing hips, and a distended gut.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2009, 12:15:34 AM »
Well, Chick did say Mike had a weak chest, child bearing hips, and a distended gut.

Well, Chick is an asshole.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2009, 02:38:28 AM »
The shit eating sperm receptacle known as Bluto was a lover of all things MM.

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2009, 04:21:46 AM »
I was always a Mentzer fan. His biggest contribution was his belief that over training was one of the worse things you could do for muscle growth. After reading his articles as a teenager, I cut my sets WAY DOWN and made great progress while people around me stayed stuck and looked the same year after year.

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2009, 05:45:28 AM »
i m a big fan ... I read mest of his books & saw his HIT DVDs ... Not an advocate of everything he did … but a very reasonable person for his era

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2009, 05:46:36 AM »
i m a big fan ... I read mest of his books & saw his HIT DVDs ... Not an advocate of everything he did … but a very reasonable person for his era

you quite the person to be the fan of too bro

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2009, 02:27:46 PM »
A drug addled idiotic also ran who preached that stupid HIT bullshit so dogmatically he'd have a kitten if certain trainers went to the gym more than twice a week.

What's not to be a fan of?
How many days in the gym and how many sets would you propose?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2009, 02:30:34 PM »

Mike would wip Chick's ass in any contest!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2009, 07:37:38 PM »

I seem to recall him advocating a low protein and relatively high carb diet