Author Topic: training?  (Read 931 times)

denkal250

• Getbig II
training?
« on: May 31, 2009, 03:49:32 PM »
6'3 214,,my training consists of heavy sessions,etc,,joining goju ryu class,,(martial art),? is what type of training should i concentrate on,,lighten the weight,fast reps,,circuit training,,,any info would be gr8,,,,thanx,,,,

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: training?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 05:53:27 AM »
You’re probably after functional muscle – developing practical, useful muscle rather than just looking “pretty.”

Search “MMA exercise routine,” “functional muscle training,” “Matt Fury,” etc.

I believe I’ve come across some related articles over on T-nation.
Only glanced briefly at them – not my thing.
But try searching our site, post some questions on the MMA board, and check T-nation.com.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 08:56:28 AM »
Do not have to change your training sessions style of heavy lifting. That is, unless your doing too many workout days a week and not allowing a good amount of recovery/rest days in that week. So you may have to cut down the heavy lifting just a might. Why would you want to not keep your size/strength up (worked hard enough for it, I bet), and even improving, because you a approaching another sport.

Your Sensei should have speed/endurance drills line up for that, during or after class. Throw in 2 or 3 Tabata style interval short burst workouts a week to handle any stamina (endurance & strength) you may be lacking if those kata drills do not do the trick for you. 

Made some of my best progress on the PR when into Okinawa Te. Those 100+ rep bwt squats jumps, 180 degree punches and dive bombers (Hindu push-ups) gives outstanding workouts. Can not prove it, but I think it also help quite a bit with getting ready for spring/summer football practice. Good Luck.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 09:08:53 AM »
I forgot to mention JPM as a search resource.
 ;)

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 10:23:25 AM »
Montague had also forgotten to add my blog address, which may be a help to some.

Talofa..... the natives are friendly. I wish to help my white brothers.

WWW. SamoanPower-we-have-come-for-your-women.ASI.Org. 

Good Luck.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 01:28:05 PM »
On behalf of palefaces everywhere, I thank you. :D