Author Topic: Let's Face It, Men Are Lazy  (Read 12017 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: Let's Face It, Men Are Lazy
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2009, 12:08:57 PM »
Let's Face It, Men Are Lazy

Dating in the financial markets is no task for the faint of heart. It takes a City Girl of steel to navigate the curve balls of investment bankers and their like. Indeed, decades after the feminist movement promised an idyllic world of fairness, it’s become increasingly apparent that when it comes to a financial markets romance, old habits die hard.

The tricky dating minefield that exists between City Boys and Girls can be partially explained by observing Madonna. Some straight men hate Madonna because she has 'balls', and some women also hate her because she exhibits the power many women are denied, personally or professionally.

Just like Madonna, the 'City Girl' is a postmodern myth. She does what she wants when she wants, not out of some kind of rogue selfishness, but in the same unapologetic way men have been doing it from the beginning of time. In the male-dominated City, City Girls have their cake and eat it too. We get domestic help to do chores for us, and men to hold doors open for us.

Like most City Girls, Madonna is a totally self-made woman who proves that power is accessible to all. But the established City Boys are not about to relinquish that power without a fight.

The relationship between a female body and lack of power is, of course, part of the reason why women have been forced to act as men to achieve success. Gender is at odds with the masculine nature of the occupation we perform. 

The problem with City Girls dating City Boys in any age bracket is that you want the same things professionally (money, power, recognition) but not personally (they want a lot of sex from different people, you want a lot of commitment from just one). City Boys prefer women who seem malleable and awed. We prefer men who seem confident and debonair. City Boys want young models with perfect legs. We want older men with perfect credit records. And the biggest secret fear of single City Girls is that their powerful positions are a turn-off for men, while the male power is an aphrodisiac for women.

Having thoroughly analyzed the nexus between City Boys and City Girls, I can unscientifically conclude that there is an imperfect correlation between the sexes' agendas.

Most City Girls want someone who is attractive, talented, financially stable and generous - in other words, someone who is exactly like them. On the other hand, what do City Boys want? Typically, just someone who has a nice body! 

At the end of the day, let's face it: men are lazy. The bottom line is that they don't want it all, and women do.

It's something to think about the next time you find yourself choosing between determining Beta or domestic bliss.

okay..and with all this power and control which women have gained, what has that gotten them exactly???...they are still unhappy in love for the most part....and men steer clear of any woman who comes across like a power -hungry controlling bitch.....so in reality, women are starting to become as unhappy as men are....WOW

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2009, 02:12:23 PM »
I don't think anyone is saying that they want a man to make them happy.
I think the argument is more that they are not happy with the man. There's a big difference.  ;)

A man or woman is is not suppose to make a person happy nor is suppose complete them, but to compliment them. One is suppose to be happy on their own.

methinks she is like soo many other women, who have  not recognized this easy "formula", yet try as they might, go against it. Sucks really, all that smarts, and she's not smart enough to realize that. 

I've seen women go thru men like borrowed clothes, only to be worse off than when they started, time and time again, not recognizing that their own happiness lies within them, and not within some sort of "Love Ledger".

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2009, 07:35:11 PM »
A man or woman is is not suppose to make a person happy nor is suppose complete them, but to compliment them.

So Parker, what you're saying is that it's not that men are lazy, ...it's that they're just like... mustard?  :-\   ???   ;D
w

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2009, 07:40:57 PM »
compliment not condiment

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2009, 08:04:22 PM »

So Parker, what you're saying is that it's not that men are lazy, ...it's that they're just like... mustard?  :-\   ???   ;D

No, I 'm saying, were's just the cooks, it's to you to choose the menu...and the sides.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2009, 08:08:08 PM »
No, I 'm saying, were's just the cooks, it's to you to choose the menu...and the sides.

have you ever seen them try to order at the restaurant...  ::)

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2009, 10:11:55 PM »
have you ever seen them try to order at the restaurant...  ::)

Like I told one lady at McDonald's...you should already know what you want beforehand...this is freaking McDonalds

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2009, 11:37:44 PM »
Like I told one lady at McDonald's...you should already know what you want beforehand...this is freaking McDonalds

I betcha she did know what she wanted beforehand, ...it was probably Spago!   :o
...or at least a place where one didn't necessarily order by #  :-\
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2009, 11:38:38 PM »
compliment not condiment

Mustard can also be a compliment in addition to being a condiment.  :D
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2009, 11:58:12 PM »

That's fine, ...but we want it prepared by him,       ...not by him

|                                                          |
                                      V                                                         V
w

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2009, 05:17:10 AM »
Basicaly women are confused and have NO IDEA what they want

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2009, 06:23:49 AM »

Yes we do, ...one of the things we want is to slap all the non approved posters!  :P
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2009, 06:41:49 AM »
you left out a crucial part, then they blame men for not being what they want...

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2009, 07:08:57 AM »

True in most cases but life would be pretty boring without them. :)

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2009, 07:11:07 AM »
I gotta agree with this one

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2009, 09:12:27 AM »

Yes we do, ...one of the things we want is to slap all the non approved posters!  :P

???..non approved posters?...I actually need your permission to post here????

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2009, 01:58:56 PM »
you left out a crucial part, then they blame men for not being what they want...

QFT, and it's my fault for not being it!!!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2009, 05:46:48 PM »
QFT, and it's my fault for not being it!!!

Of course it's always a man's fault. Whose else would it be? Silly man.  ;)
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2009, 05:48:22 PM »

???..non approved posters?...I actually need your permission to post here????

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=93039.0
w

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2009, 07:22:17 PM »
Anybody else hear a loud whipping sound?  ;D
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2009, 08:16:07 PM »
Anybody else hear a loud whipping sound?  ;D

For punishment or pleasure? Or both?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2009, 08:53:47 PM »
For punishment or pleasure? Or both?

One man's hell is another woman's paradise.  ;)   :P
w

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2009, 02:11:27 PM »
Let's Face It, Men Are Lazy

Dating in the financial markets is no task for the faint of heart. It takes a City Girl of steel to navigate the curve balls of investment bankers and their like. Indeed, decades after the feminist movement promised an idyllic world of fairness, it’s become increasingly apparent that when it comes to a financial markets romance, old habits die hard.

The tricky dating minefield that exists between City Boys and Girls can be partially explained by observing Madonna. Some straight men hate Madonna because she has 'balls', and some women also hate her because she exhibits the power many women are denied, personally or professionally.

Just like Madonna, the 'City Girl' is a postmodern myth. She does what she wants when she wants, not out of some kind of rogue selfishness, but in the same unapologetic way men have been doing it from the beginning of time. In the male-dominated City, City Girls have their cake and eat it too. We get domestic help to do chores for us, and men to hold doors open for us.

Like most City Girls, Madonna is a totally self-made woman who proves that power is accessible to all. But the established City Boys are not about to relinquish that power without a fight.

The relationship between a female body and lack of power is, of course, part of the reason why women have been forced to act as men to achieve success. Gender is at odds with the masculine nature of the occupation we perform. 

The problem with City Girls dating City Boys in any age bracket is that you want the same things professionally (money, power, recognition) but not personally (they want a lot of sex from different people, you want a lot of commitment from just one). City Boys prefer women who seem malleable and awed. We prefer men who seem confident and debonair. City Boys want young models with perfect legs. We want older men with perfect credit records. And the biggest secret fear of single City Girls is that their powerful positions are a turn-off for men, while the male power is an aphrodisiac for women.

Having thoroughly analyzed the nexus between City Boys and City Girls, I can unscientifically conclude that there is an imperfect correlation between the sexes' agendas.

Most City Girls want someone who is attractive, talented, financially stable and generous - in other words, someone who is exactly like them. On the other hand, what do City Boys want? Typically, just someone who has a nice body! 

At the end of the day, let's face it: men are lazy. The bottom line is that they don't want it all, and women do.

It's something to think about the next time you find yourself choosing between determining Beta or domestic bliss.

you make an interesting point  Jaguar about men being lazy....there may be some truth to it....but I think u hit it on the head.,..men don't usually want it all unless they are power-mad.....women seem to want everything....I don't know why that is.....

Ultimately, what we men want is to be left alone...we don't like to fight over small things that seem very insignificant to us...like what dress are you going to wear....who cares?..just put one on..we love the way you look regardless....it just seems to us that women want to quibble over the silliest things....and then when men don't want to fight about these things then we are labeled as "not caring" or something like that....

we men hate to be dragged to different functions by our women in which there is no reason for us to be there...for example my wife always wants tme to go to baby showers...(WHY?)....thats supposed to be stuff for her to do with her friends..why in the world should I be interested in that?

I can't tell you how many weddings my wife made me attend over the years....we men hate weddings because then we have to smile, and glad hand and engage in meaningless conversation with a bunch of strangers we don't know...and we have to put on a tuxedo on a saturday...and plus I can't tell you how many of these couples have broken up over the years....you begin to say to yourself why go when you just know the relationship is not going to last anyway?

I commend women because they seem to have endless energy..they want to do all of these wonderful things and go to al their friends, parties, baby showers, weddings, family gatherings, etc..you name it and they want to go to it..all the time...We men just want a simple life....men just want to stay home. go to the gym, watch cable TV, have a sandwich and beer, make love a little and take a nap...we go out to the bar to socialize now and then and play some sports with our friends but we don't try to be everything to everybody....

Women always want us to understand them but they take very little time to understand who we are....they become very impatient when we don't do what they want us to do.....if my wife doesn't want to go to the football game with me I don't sweat it....but If I don't want to go to her friend's daughter's sweet sixteen, forget it!!!

This is not a criticism of women..just an observation...I even envy women because they have strong friendships, and a big social network of people who they can rely on for support.....but men are not lazy..just different.

we do take our jobs seriously and we want to be promoted and earn more....but women seem to want us to do all the things they are doing and more...and they want all of us to be go-getters....having a simple job that we love doing although we don't make a lot at doing it, isn't enough for women..they want us to quit doing what we love to make more money in order to make them happy....and when we balk against this, then they get angry and start nagging....and men really hate to hear the same things over and over again..it makes us miserable.....women want to obsess and talk about every little thing....we want to talk to women about their needs and wants and stuff, but just once...not a million times....we want to solve the problem and move on and women seem to want to obsess endlessly over it

In the end, we men love the hell out of women and we always will be there for them, but sometimges women have thie image of the perfect man, the knight in shining armor, and they won't settle for anything less than that....and if we have a hobby that we adore and spend our spare time being involved with, women see that as being childish and and want you to stop doing it because it takes away time that they want you to spend with them...like you are not allowed to have any emotional attachment to anything other than them because they somehow see that as a threat and to them since in their minds it means that you don't love them or are taking them for granted....so in this regard...we men may come across as lazy..but we are just different...that's all.....can you tell us why do women feel the need to have it all and to have the perfect life?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2009, 02:21:36 PM »
Interesting post, but I'm not sure it applies in this situation.  :-\

The author isn't talking about male/female relationships in general, ...she's refering to relationships between alphas.

High performing alpha females want the same in their mates, while high performing alpha mates are often willing to settle for betas. that's the crux of her beef. I think it boils down to women having to have respect and admiration for their men, whereas the same can't always be said for males. not saying men don't admire & respect those they choose as mates, but it's a different type of respect and admiration.

ps: I'm saddened that you're no longer a candidate for slapping.  :'(  j/k  ;)   :D
w

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2009, 02:37:02 PM »
can you give us a little more info about yourself?..what do you do for a living?...are you an Alpha or Beta?...give us some of your views on whether an Alpha woman should settle for a Beta male...is your significant other an Alpha or Beta?...AND IF YOU DO HAVE A SIGNIFICANT OTHER WHY DID YOU SELECT HIM?...

Thanks!