Author Topic: Who is able to do over 15 sets a day or average over 30 in two days?  (Read 3171 times)

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
Re: Who is able to do over 15 sets a day or average over 30 in two days?
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 05:27:56 PM »
good point...
 why would you biologically hold onto muscle that is not needed as not as much tension

right this is where optimal diet comes in along with b-vitamins, flaxseed, skim milk, fortified cereal, applecider vinegar

the only way to biologically maintain or gain is to put the stress on and progessing upwards especially big guys with big muscles who also carry good amounts of bodyfat

much better to attempt to build more muscles with high calories and more average tension ensuring lean mass sustanance while leaning out WITH OPTIMAL CALORIC CHOICES

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 05:30:57 PM »
well bear in mind your statement would be true if you only did 2 sets at 3000 pounds per set  ;D Also keep in mind for hypothetical reasons that you dont make progress only "maintaining" if you are doing 8 sets or less  ;D  lets try to stay focused now this is about what is the best routine, this is about WHO IS ABLE TO DO OVER 15 SETS A DAY OR AVERAGE OVER 30 IN TWO DAYS :o ;D ;D

im thinking more on the line of a good 'average' weight lifted per set. lets say "a real man" workout is only barbell stuff and lets say the weight is 200 pounds no matter what
so your saying you cant go up in weight at all? if for some reason your stuck and cant go up in weight then sure measure your progress in reps and sets...why dont i take 10 mins between sets that would surely let me get more reps and more sets, does that mean im making more progress? hahahaha

your assertion is fairly idiotic...maybe i should just walk around with a 5 lb db all day and do curls ::)

io856

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2009, 05:32:14 PM »
so your saying you cant go up in weight at all? if for some reason your stuck and cant go up in weight then sure measure your progress in reps and sets...why dont i take 10 mins between sets that would surely let me get more reps and more sets, does that mean im making more progress? hahahaha

your assertion is fairly idiotic...maybe i should just walk around with a 5 lb db all day and do curls ::)
if you did 8 reps with 200lbs barbell for two sets = 1600lbs of tension = 320 curls with 5lb db

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2009, 05:33:06 PM »
if you did 8 reps with 200lbs barbell for two sets = 1600lbs of tension = 320 curls with 5lb db
and your saying that they are equivilant to one another?

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2009, 05:33:25 PM »

wouldn't the lactic acid build up stop him before he got to 320 curls?

(epic trying to sound smart about something he knows nothing about)

io856

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2009, 05:34:05 PM »
and your saying that they are equivilant to one another?
Im saying the tension is...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2009, 05:36:35 PM »
Im saying the tension is...
and who cares? does equal tension equate to the same results?

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2009, 05:39:02 PM »

no im saying use fairly decent weight and do max repetitions with it like a 200 pound barbell. no need to go up in weight if you struggle 200 pounds for 10 reps over 15 sets or something , its working you good enough no need to slap on 300 pounds and do 5 reps risking injuring

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2009, 05:41:42 PM »
lets not be rediculous in comparing 5 pound dumbell curls to 300 pound barbell lifts ::) ::)

lets keep in mind to use a respectable but injury free weight of around 200 pounds for any lift *bench, squat, dead, rows)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2009, 05:41:54 PM »
just wanna know whos hungry and whos done gave up in the weightlifting game?

Arthur Jones ;D

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2009, 05:43:39 PM »

320 reps would be so outrageous it would probably stimulate and or put on the same mass as a 200 pound for 8 rep curling

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2009, 05:45:22 PM »
no im saying use fairly decent weight and do max repetitions with it like a 200 pound barbell. no need to go up in weight if you struggle 200 pounds for 10 reps over 15 sets or something , its working you good enough no need to slap on 300 pounds and do 5 reps risking injuring
wtf would you do 15 sets of one exercise? if youre doing 10 reps on set 3 and you did 10 reps on set 1 you didnt go all out on set 1 so its not working you good enough...your workouts sound like they would take freaking hours.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2009, 05:46:44 PM »
lets not be rediculous in comparing 5 pound dumbell curls to 300 pound barbell lifts ::) ::)

lets keep in mind to use a respectable but injury free weight of around 200 pounds for any lift *bench, squat, dead, rows)
LOL youd be in the gym for fuking hours man

320 reps would be so outrageous it would probably stimulate and or put on the same mass as a 200 pound for 8 rep curling
hahahah  ;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2009, 05:47:59 PM »
wtf would you do 15 sets of one exercise? if youre doing 10 reps on set 3 and you did 10 reps on set 1 you didnt go all out on set 1 so its not working you good enough...your workouts sound like they would take freaking hours.
Lets go up to 45 sets of one exercise that will do it ;D

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2009, 05:49:07 PM »

exactly thats why i workout at home, so i can do other shit than working out or better yet EATING, and only do like 5 sets a  every 30 min or so

its nearly impossible for glycogen replenishment working out at a fast pace with decent weights in a gym without eating at the gym between sets, digestion would be rough

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2009, 05:50:04 PM »
Lets go up to 45 sets of one exercise that will do it ;D

if only i had enough b-vitamins hitting the intrinsic factor, maybe this would happen then i would become a master ;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2009, 05:53:57 PM »
if only i had enough b-vitamins hitting the intrinsic factor, maybe this would happen then i would become a master ;D
Nice point so if you have all day and workout at home go for it. It worked for Serge Nubret he worked out 8 hrs a day...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2009, 06:00:51 PM »
how about this...JUST FUKING LIFT!!!!!!!!!!!

io856

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2009, 06:02:54 PM »
how about this...JUST FUKING LIFT!!!!!!!!!!!
you will stay the same with that attitude

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2009, 06:08:08 PM »
you will stay the same with that attitude
LOL sure buddy, i continue to make progress in one way or another thats the goal...theres no need to overthink the shit like some ppl do, workout all day, use the same weight for every set, do a retarded amount of sets for each exercise etc...just lift the fuking weight and try every workout to improve in reps or weight and youll be ok...

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2009, 06:13:51 PM »
LOL sure buddy, i continue to make progress in one way or another thats the goal...theres no need to overthink the shit like some ppl do, workout all day, use the same weight for every set, do a retarded amount of sets for each exercise etc...just lift the fuking weight and try every workout to improve in reps or weight and youll be ok...

if you can increase the amount of sets with a 200 pound dumbell consistently then you are progressing even if that extra set is out of the gym or at night.

then when youve accomplished a shitload of added sets of 200 pound barbell movements and have shown complete mastery then you can move up to 250 pound barbell, then find average daily sets then try to increase that...

Simple

stop thinking these idiot 'slogans' of fuck it and lift heavy without keeping track of anything ::) ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2009, 06:17:55 PM »
if you can increase the amount of sets with a 200 pound dumbell consistently then you are progressing even if that extra set is out of the gym or at night.

then when youve accomplished a shitload of added sets of 200 pound barbell movements and have shown complete mastery then you can move up to 250 pound barbell, then find average daily sets then try to increase that...

Simple

stop thinking these idiot 'slogans' of fuck it and lift heavy without keeping track of anything ::) ::)
Your way has to many variables, time between sets etc...of coures i could lift more over the course of a day if i took 30 mins between sets that doesnt mean im making more progress then doing 3 sets in 10 mins LOL goodness gracious...

LOL i keep track of everything go on over to the training logs and check out my thread...quit buying into every stupid gimmick that comes out this shit is tried and true tested and tested...lift weight and try and increase in weight or reps every workout youll be ok trust me...

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2009, 06:23:16 PM »
Your way has to many variables, time between sets etc...of coures i could life more over the course of a day if i took 30 mins between sets that doesnt mean im making more progress then doing 3 sets in 10 mins LOL goodness gracious...

LOL i keep track of everything go on over to the training logs and check out my thread...quit buying into every stupid gimmick that comes out this shit is tried and true tested and tested...lift weight and try and increase in weight or reps every workout youll be ok trust me...

forget time between sets, just think of it as sets accomplished then there are NO variables. its about how many sets of a weight you complete in a day

kinda like building a brick house, doesnt matter how much time you take between laying bricks it matters how much of the house you got built in a day you fuckin fooooolish child minded thinker!

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2009, 06:25:07 PM »
forget time between sets, just think of it as sets accomplished then there are NO variables. its about how many sets of a weight you complete in a day

kinda like building a brick house, doesnt matter how much time you take between laying bricks it matters how much of the house you got built in a day you fuckin fooooolish child minded thinker!

of course you can make progress by attempting to do " the most weight lifted in 30 minites"

it would probably be best to implore/ explore both methods at once if you dare for ultra falcon results!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2009, 06:26:28 PM »

LOL yes yes the mental retardation that is falconism...it all makes sense now...