Author Topic: Who is able to do over 15 sets a day or average over 30 in two days?  (Read 3162 times)

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
Re: Who is able to do over 15 sets a day or average over 30 in two days?
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2009, 06:27:21 PM »
of course you can make progress by attempting to do " the most weight lifted in 30 minites"

it would probably be best to implore/ explore both methods at once if you dare for ultra falcon results!

two ways of progression

1 density

2 volume

he who utilizes and masters both is the true master of self falcon

one who just thinks they are going balls out without any true measuremnt is only fooling themselves. for example hitting a maximum weight doesnt cover your maximum potential or past Best in terms of volume

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2009, 06:28:43 PM »
LOL yes yes the mental retardation that is falconism...it all makes sense now...

Just because you run out of logic doesnt mean you have to hate the game

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2009, 06:31:34 PM »
will your workouts suffer because of this reduction?

if they do, then do you agree that then there will be less muscle stimilation resulting in loss of muscle mass?
Io will not be losing any muscle when he diets. In fact he will probably gain a few lbs of muscle while shedding all his bodyfat to epic leanz.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2009, 06:34:11 PM »
find a distraught sea-bast in the nearest depths of Atlantis gaining optimal wisdom 2012  :o :o :o :o

io856

« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2009, 06:34:59 PM »
Io will not be losing any muscle when he diets. In fact he will probably gain a few lbs of muscle while shedding all his bodyfat to epic leanz.
speaking of gaining muscle  ;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2009, 06:37:40 PM »
two ways of progression

1 density

2 volume

he who utilizes and masters both is the true master of self falcon

one who just thinks they are going balls out without any true measuremnt is only fooling themselves. for example hitting a maximum weight doesnt cover your maximum potential or past Best in terms of volume
i have plenty to measure and i dont have to spend countless hours doing 50 rep sets hahahahaha...if your max weight is higher then your last highest weight guess what you made progress  ;) who knew?

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2009, 07:06:49 PM »
if your max weight is higher then your last highest weight guess what you made progress  ;) who knew?

not necessarily, it could mean that you got a higher max weight because your technique improved

one might be satisfied calling "progression" if they hit a new max weight, but lets be honest and real, how often do we hit new maximal lifts????? and if this were fact wouldnt our max weight be something rediculously high by now?

a better way to progress without risking injury of max weights and sacrficing form, is to simply see how many sets you can add with a fixed weight on average

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2009, 07:14:52 PM »
not necessarily, it could mean that you got a higher max weight because your technique improved

one might be satisfied calling "progression" if they hit a new max weight, but lets be honest and real, how often do we hit new maximal lifts????? and if this were fact wouldnt our max weight be something rediculously high by now?

a better way to progress without risking injury of max weights and sacrficing form, is to simply see how many sets you can add with a fixed weight on average
same could be said for your looney little adventure...

actually that theory could be put towards reps and sets as well if your last workout you got 8 reps with a certain weight and this workout you got 10 guess what you improved, again who knew?

I understand what your saying about injury but with 20 sets or so your still at risk...

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2009, 07:19:44 PM »
same could be said for your looney little adventure...

actually that theory could be put towards reps and sets as well if your last workout you got 8 reps with a certain weight and this workout you got 10 guess what you improved, again who knew?

I understand what your saying about injury but with 20 sets or so your still at risk...

no fool, you keep weights and reps the same , if you cant complete x reps you simply "rest pause" then complete... this is not insured or garanteed with a weight that is at your upper limits

id be more inclined to say x lifter is progressing if hes doing 3 more sets per workout on average then a 10 pound one rep max gain. its all in what you want

id rather FOCUS on improving the amount of volume first to ensure any strength gains

whats the point in doing a max weight if you can only do it when your muscles are fresh and not being able to do the weight after you pushed a lawnmower wich might hinder your one rep max if you are training soley for strenth and not volume

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2009, 07:22:03 PM »
most would agree i would thinking that your less likely to get injured with high volume at mediocre weights then low volume with heavy weights

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2009, 07:24:47 PM »
no fool, you keep weights and reps the same , if you cant complete x reps you simply "rest pause" then complete... this is not insured or garanteed with a weight that is at your upper limits

id be more inclined to say x lifter is progressing if hes doing 3 more sets per workout on average then a 10 pound one rep max gain. its all in what you want

id rather FOCUS on improving the amount of volume first to ensure any strength gains

whats the point in doing a max weight if you can only do it when your muscles are fresh and not being able to do the weight after you pushed a lawnmower wich might hinder your one rep max if you are training soley for strenth and not volume
like i said you can simply apply it towards your regular workouts it doesnt have to be a one rep max, to each their own my workouts continue to give me progress...
most would agree i would thinking that your less likely to get injured with high volume at mediocre weights then low volume with heavy weights
i agree, but then again most here would agree that my way is the best way to get strength and size gains as well so...

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2009, 07:46:36 PM »
like i said you can simply apply it towards your regular workouts it doesnt have to be a one rep max, to each their own my workouts continue to give me progress...i agree, but then again most here would agree that my way is the best way to get strength and size gains as well so...

wrong again your way is simply "try to do more hope to do more" with no particular method

if this method of progression of "always getting stronger or aiming to get stronger' with no real routine actually worked then there would be alot of content people

you claim your workouts continue to give you progress. then in a years time how much stronger does your "all balls" routine actually get you  ::) ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2009, 07:56:21 PM »
wrong again your way is simply "try to do more hope to do more" with no particular method

if this method of progression of "always getting stronger or aiming to get stronger' with no real routine actually worked then there would be alot of content people

you claim your workouts continue to give you progress. then in a years time how much stronger does your "all balls" routine actually get you  ::) ::)
HAHAH again brain child there is a method to it, its based off the same thing as yours is but applied differently so if your saying my way has no method then neither does yours...Im pretty content the problem is not alot of ppl have the dedication or knowledge to commit to any workout plan really that would produce results and that goes for mine or yours.

LOL progress is measured in more then simply weights, especially as a person who lifts to look decent but also be strong...my strength has increased alot over the past year/years im stronger then ive ever been ive made progress for the past few years and have gotten much bigger as well.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2009, 08:00:18 PM »
HAHAH again brain child there is a met

hod to it, its based off the same thing as yours is but applied differently so if your saying my way has no method then neither does yours...Im pretty content the problem is not alot of ppl have the dedication or knowledge to commit to any workout plan really that would produce results and that goes for mine or yours.

LOL progress is measured in more then simply weights, especially as a person who lifts to look decent but also be strong...my strength has increased alot over the past year/years im stronger then ive ever been ive made progress for the past few years and have gotten much bigger as well.

you have yet to mention the the method of your workout routine making it superior to mine  ::) ::) ::)

the method to my workout plan is aiming to increase total volume or density. the ONLY way to insure progress with my routine is to eat more and more and hoping it gets utilized by my muscles wich is more likely to happen on a volume routine creating more of a demand for calories/re-building materials

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2009, 08:06:03 PM »
you have yet to mention the the method of your workout routine making it superior to mine  ::) ::) ::)

the method to my workout plan is aiming to increase total volume or density. the ONLY way to insure progress with my routine is to eat more and more and hoping it gets utilized by my muscles wich is more likely to happen on a volume routine creating more of a demand for calories/re-building materials
well since like i said its tried and true tested and tested the proof is in the pudding, you have yet to say how yours is superior to mine...

same as mine brain child again try and improve on reps or weight every workout...like i said to each their own

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2009, 08:12:08 PM »
well since like i said its tried and true tested and tested the proof is in the pudding, you have yet to say how yours is superior to mine...

same as mine brain child again try and improve on reps or weight every workout...like i said to each their own

yes we are brain childs. and yes my physique is far better than yours that is the proof, now post a pic ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2009, 08:18:13 PM »
yes we are brain childs. and yes my physique is far better than yours that is the proof, now post a pic ;D
LOL ive posted a pic already, i never said i had a great physique i said i continue to make progress...

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=278656.0

now where is yours?  ;D

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2009, 08:23:11 PM »
LOL ive posted a pic already, i never said i had a great physique i said i continue to make progress...

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=278656.0

now where is yours?  ;D

in this pic tommy you are good and better than most but not as good as me bubba ;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2009, 08:25:44 PM »

in this pic tommy you are good and better than most but not as good as me bubba ;)
LOL thanks and I never claimed to be better then you but id like to see a pic so go ahead and post one up  8)

Like i said ive made constant progress in both strength and size to each their own though.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2009, 03:24:45 AM »
LOL thanks and I never claimed to be better then you but id like to see a pic so go ahead and post one up  8)

Like i said ive made constant progress in both strength and size to each their own though.

well I AM better than you thus i am satisfied, but sowwy dough boy im more ripped and bigger= you not getting a pic out of lack of respect and mercy for your soul ;D