Author Topic: Congress may hike Gas Taxes by 40 Cents per gallon to pay for highway fund.  (Read 4416 times)

Stormspirit

• Getbig IV
QFTX10000. What a shit election that was, Muffy Healey or Barack jr.
i tried to get in on the welfare here but i was too white.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
{LOL} Cappy, I'm a little lost. Please explain to me how big shiny new nuclear reactors will allow people to drive whatever they want? Could you please expound on that for those of us who are a bit slow? Thanks snookums.  :-*
It seems to me that Obama wants to tax people to death for driving wherever they want to reduce emissions.  Cars are not the only thing that add to emissions right?  If businesses, factories, etc were run by clean energy and emissions went down we wouldn't have to worry about emissions from cars as much.

People don't want electric and hybrid cars, at least not many.  Diesel engines get better gas mileage these days so why not invest in diesel engines?  Is it because of emissions?  Who cares if nuke power drops other emissions?

Obama isn't doing anything to drop oil prices, due to speculation, at a time when the economy still sucks and people need to travel.  If he passes cap and trade, it will only get worse.
Squishy face retard

Stormspirit

• Getbig IV
It seems to me that Obama wants to tax people to death for driving wherever they want to reduce emissions.  Cars are not the only thing that add to emissions right?  If businesses, factories, etc were run by clean energy and emissions went down we wouldn't have to worry about emissions from cars as much.

People don't want electric and hybrid cars, at least not many.  Diesel engines get better gas mileage these days so why not invest in diesel engines?  Is it because of emissions?  Who cares if nuke power drops other emissions?

Obama isn't doing anything to drop oil prices, due to speculation, at a time when the economy still sucks and people need to travel.  If he passes cap and trade, it will only get worse.
diesel is teh shizzle, my brothers diesel f350(big truck) gets like 24mpg.  they are expensive to fix though, probably because they are more rare.  diesel/hybrid would get 100+mpg probably

Hereford

• Getbig V
They have them in Europe.

You would be surprised the technology that you can't get in the US.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244

Hmmm... that doesn't quite make it clear to me exactly how big shiny new nuclear reactors will allow people to drive whatever they want. Could you run it by me one more time? It's early, and I didn't get it the last 2x's
w

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111

I know right.  Hearing about the diesel Jetta that gets 51 mpg had me shocked.
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V

Including technologies that work to improve mileage, reduce fuel consumption, and reduce emissions.
Often other markets will adopt these solutions before the USA. It's sad really. The USA used to lead.  :'(

<----
w

24KT

• Getbig V
Possible Tax Hike Could Increase Gas Prices By 40 Cents
theindychannel.com ^ | 06/03/09 | Rick Hightower

They won't be increasing the gas tax to replenish state coffers. They'll be doing spot checks and fining polluters.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
They won't be increasing the gas tax to replenish state coffers. They'll be doing spot checks and fining polluters.

My god are you blind. 

Stormspirit

• Getbig IV
Including technologies that work to improve mileage, reduce fuel consumption, and reduce emissions.
Often other markets will adopt these solutions before the USA. It's sad really. The USA used to lead.  :'(

<----
maybe big oil doesn't want fuel efficient cars.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
maybe big oil doesn't want fuel efficient cars.

If there existed the technology, it would be out there.   Almost every CT has been debunked many times over on this.

The same with the electric car.   

24KT

• Getbig V
My god are you blind. 

{LOL} Ok...NH notwithstanding, ...many of these proposals are going down to defeat.

They just defeated 2 new tax proposals in Nevada.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
{LOL} Ok...NH notwithstanding, ...many of these proposals are going down to defeat.

They just defeated 2 new tax proposals in Nevada.

That is because all taxpayers know thatt he money NEVER goes for the intended purpose, but to mask deficitsin other areas where the pols have been reckless.

24KT

• Getbig V
If there existed the technology, it would be out there.   Almost every CT has been debunked many times over on this.

The same with the electric car.   

...and there are only 3 people in the world who will ever have any need for a personal computer.

Every invention of value to mankind, has already been invented.  :D
w

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
$2.85 at the pump today.

24KT

• Getbig V
$2.85 at the pump today.

$3.69 a gallon here (97.5 cents a Litre)
w

24KT

• Getbig V

The increase could be as much as 40 cents a gallon. In exchange for the big increase, motorists would have a better chance of driving on better maintained state or federal highways, 6News' Rick Hightower reported.

Let's be fair here. That potential 40 cents per gallon increase if approved would be phased in over a 5 year period.
It would be an 8 cents per gallon increase per year for 5 years. not a whopping 40 cents per gallon increase overnight.

Personally, I don't think it will occur.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Let's be fair here. That potential 40 cents per gallon increase if approved would be phased in over a 5 year period.
It would be an 8 cents per gallon increase per year for 5 years. not a whopping 40 cents per gallon increase overnight.

Jag I dont know how things work in Canada, but I will tell you, in the USA, the pols do this instead of raising other taxes because they know there are enough dolts to believe their lies about building new roads with the new $$$.

24KT

• Getbig V
Jag I dont know how things work in Canada, but I will tell you, in the USA, the pols do this instead of raising other taxes because they know there are enough dolts to believe their lies about building new roads with the new $$$.

Here in Ontario, we have 2 seasons... winter & road repair season.  :D

I'm sure pols can get away with it in warmer climates, but up here they keep on top of road repairs (or at least try to) With the crazy freeze thaw cycles and drastic temperature differences we've been getting for the past three years, it has taken one heckuva toll on our roads and people notice it. Our govermnment is sick of motorists sending them bills for new rims and other vehicular repairs from all the potholes.
w

24KT

• Getbig V

And in addition, it was a Bush admin initiative the Obama inherited.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
And in addition, it was a Bush admin initiative the Obama inherited.

Jag I know you dont understand this, and dont want to, but $4.00 gallon gasoline destroyed all discretionary consumer spending. 

body88

QFTX10000. What a shit election that was, Muffy Healey or Barack jr.

Don't worry, Patrick is down the cape for the summer with his whole staff and his family on a "speaking tour" on our dime.

Hereford

• Getbig V
I know right.  Hearing about the diesel Jetta that gets 51 mpg had me shocked.

Do we even have any diesel engine cars here?  And I found out recently that Toyota makes a diesel engine that gets like 40+ mpg for the Tacoma line. Apparently it's not approved for US markets...  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Do we even have any diesel engine cars here?  And I found out recently that Toyota makes a diesel engine that gets like 40+ mpg for the Tacoma line. Apparently it's not approved for US markets...  ::)

Once again showing how the EPA and govt suck. 

Hereford

• Getbig V
If we had completely open markets (meaning we could get the cars and trucks that are available overseas) it would kill the American car industry and UAW overnight. These artificial tarrifs the gvt throws on goods screw the american consumer.

Nobody would buy a POS half ton Chevy for 45K that gets 14 MPG when they could get a Toyota that gets 35 MPG and costs 28K.