Author Topic: Carbohydrate supplements.  (Read 5063 times)

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Carbohydrate supplements.
« on: June 04, 2009, 02:04:20 PM »
Anyone who buys carb supplements like those big buckets of maltodextrin.....Is a complete moron.  Just eat some god damn rice.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
Re: Carbohydrate supplements.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 02:05:21 PM »
or pastry

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 02:06:29 PM »
Anyone who buys carb supplements like those big buckets of maltodextrin.....Is a complete moron.  Just eat some god damn rice.

Good point! Nice advices! Ever considered becoming a Falcon?

Spirit of Truth

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 02:11:05 PM »
you ever think that some guys have enough muscle mass that their metabolisms and glycogen capacity are both so high that eating enough carbohydrate from food sources is pretty much impossible to do on a consistent basis? let alone when using high doses of insulin and you you are trying to take in hundreds and hundreds of grams of carbs within an hour or two.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 02:23:28 PM »
It is so easy to consume enough carbs without supplementing.  Protein supplemetation makes sense though.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 02:24:28 PM »
It is so easy to consume enough carbs without supplementing.  Protein supplemetation makes sense though.
try sitting down to 200grams of carbs from rice, along with a steak or chicken. then do it again in 3-5 hours.

good luck.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 03:16:14 PM »
I could easily eat 200 grams of carbs in a sitting.  Big bowl of rice, pasta, mound of mashed potatoes.  Shit, when I was drinking beer, I could easily go over 300 grams in a meal. 

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 03:19:00 PM »
can't see what the problem is with downing 200g of carbs

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 03:23:00 PM »
I could easily eat 200 grams of carbs in a sitting.  Big bowl of rice, pasta, mound of mashed potatoes.  Shit, when I was drinking beer, I could easily go over 300 grams in a meal. 
cool. how about every few hours, everyday, regardless of where you are or what your doing?

now you see why carb supps are beneficial

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 03:23:46 PM »
or pastry

austrian pastry to be exact  :P

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 03:24:44 PM »
or pastry
pastry normally have a significant fat content.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 03:28:29 PM »
cool. how about every few hours, everyday, regardless of where you are or what your doing?

I agree with the convenience factor and I can't comment on nutritional timing on slin.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 03:30:27 PM »
pastry normally have a significant fat content.

depends. no problem though if fat would have been consumed anyway.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 03:30:44 PM »

If you are the type of bodybuilder who is using insulin, then your entire day revolves around eating and training.  THerefore, carb supps are still stupid in my opinion.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 03:33:01 PM »
depends. no problem though if fat would have been consumed anyway.
true, although most bodybuilder using a high carb diet will avoid fat intake like the plague.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 03:35:32 PM »
If you are the type of bodybuilder who is using insulin, then your entire day revolves around eating and training.  THerefore, carb supps are still stupid in my opinion.
that doesnt make sense.

let me illustrate what your saying

*bodybuilders who use insulin spend all day eating and training
________________________ ________________________ ___
*** THEREFORE carb supplements are stupid for bodybuilders using insulin

you see, that makes no sense, your missing at least 2 premesis.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 04:01:47 PM »
that doesnt make sense.

let me illustrate what your saying

*bodybuilders who use insulin spend all day eating and training
________________________ ________________________ ___
*** THEREFORE carb supplements are stupid for bodybuilders using insulin

you see, that makes no sense, your missing at least 2 premesis.

Are you taking a critical thinking class or what? 2 premesis, give me a break.  Your point was that guys taking roids/insulin/gh need massive amounts of carbs so supplementing them makes sense.  My point is that a guy taking all that shit is a competetive bodybuilder(if he is not then he is a moron taking all that for nothing) and most likely he would want to get his nutrition from real food, not fake, processed corn carbs.  These carb supps are marketed toward stupid people who believe they need them to get bigger.  Do you take a carb supp?

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 04:21:42 PM »
Are you taking a critical thinking class or what? 2 premesis, give me a break.  Your point was that guys taking roids/insulin/gh need massive amounts of carbs so supplementing them makes sense.  My point is that a guy taking all that shit is a competetive bodybuilder(if he is not then he is a moron taking all that for nothing) and most likely he would want to get his nutrition from real food, not fake, processed corn carbs.  These carb supps are marketed toward stupid people who believe they need them to get bigger.  Do you take a carb supp?

;D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 05:37:26 PM »
theres at leats 5 different things t address in this post

- critical thinking class, took one about two years ago.

- i didnt say anything about roids or gh i just said insulin

-theres no reason why a comp. bb'er has any more right to use aa drug than any other kind of weightlifter

-most bodybuilders who are big enough that they need that much carbs will get tired of eating "real food" anfd use quite a bit of shakes

- theres no difference nutritionally between rice, bread, potatoe, etc... and dirnking carb shakes. both are real food.  carbs sources arent good sources of anything but carbs. so theres no problem with driking a carb shake over having a carb meal.

- people dont need them to get bigger, people need nutrients like glucose to get bigger , and carb shakes are great sources of glucose.

-yes ill dirnk carbs, normally gatorade (but thats fructose/glucose)... sometimes i dirnk mass xxx rtds from gnc.. and soemtimes i use dextrose powder... most of my carb intake comes from white rice, yogurt, bread, fruits, and milk. but when im not hungry, or im on the go, then i use a supplement.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 05:43:42 PM »
theres at leats 5 different things t address in this post

- critical thinking class, took one about two years ago.

- i didnt say anything about roids or gh i just said insulin

-theres no reason why a comp. bb'er has any more right to use aa drug than any other kind of weightlifter

-most bodybuilders who are big enough that they need that much carbs will get tired of eating "real food" anfd use quite a bit of shakes

- theres no difference nutritionally between rice, bread, potatoe, etc... and dirnking carb shakes. both are real food.  carbs sources arent good sources of anything but carbs. so theres no problem with driking a carb shake over having a carb meal.

- people dont need them to get bigger, people need nutrients like glucose to get bigger , and carb shakes are great sources of glucose.

-yes ill dirnk carbs, normally gatorade (but thats fructose/glucose)... sometimes i dirnk mass xxx rtds from gnc.. and soemtimes i use dextrose powder... most of my carb intake comes from white rice, yogurt, bread, fruits, and milk. but when im not hungry, or im on the go, then i use a supplement.
Powder, everyday for me, 2 serv.
I am a big baby

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2009, 05:46:00 PM »
i dont see any muscles in this thread just alot of talk

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2009, 05:47:22 PM »
i dont see any muscles in this thread just alot of talk

So you decided to add a whitetrash hick.
I am a big baby

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2009, 05:49:43 PM »
Powder, everyday for me, 2 serv.
i dirnk g2 like its going out of style

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2009, 05:50:45 PM »
i dirnk g2 like its going out of style
doesn't that have less carbs?
I am a big baby

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2009, 05:51:26 PM »
So you decided to add a whitetrash hick.

i dont know hes pushin 30 and looks decent id say