Author Topic: BILL Oreilly, The Liar, BRUTALLY OWNED today by CNN  (Read 4441 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: BILL Oreilly, The Liar, BRUTALLY OWNED today by CNN
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2009, 11:55:37 AM »
PLEASE!!!

Olbermann's been doing that for years. Yet, you see how much that's helped him.

Why do you think he's keeps popping up on Olbermann's "World Worst...." list?

Keith just can't stand the fact that Bill has been DOMINATING the ratings for this long.

you been chewing on too many worthless supplements again, McWay and it's affecting your judgment......yes O'Reilly is entertaining and cuts through the PC nonsense, but you still have to be careful about what you say on TV because there are a lot of people out there who misinterpret stuff and feel that they are given a green light to go out and do horrible things because "O'Reilly agrees with me"

also O'Reilly and others like him give their opinions as if they are actually FACTS and they are not....many times O'Reilly has been proven to be wrong about something he has just spent 10 minutes railing against..people like you and I can discern fact from fiction when he is talking but many others cannot and feel whatever he says is TRUTH

however I do agree with you about Olbermann

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2009, 11:57:07 AM »
I think CNN should monitor the tone of guys like sanchez (and beck who was formerly on cnn).  We have enough opinionated show hosts on FOX and MSNBC.  I'd like to see CNN focus more objectively on the stories.
Obviously CNN did cover this story and Sanchez pointedly corrects O'Reily but he could have done it without using the same kind of tone O'Reily does.

I don't think we heard enough about this Muslim f-ck up who killed our own soldiers, new recruits albeit, on our own soil.  That is completely unacceptible and we must make this guy an example to others.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2009, 12:06:37 PM »
TA who would you call a bigger liar, a man (if you can call him that) that claimed to be able to easily produce tons of Gold or Oreilly?  ;)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2009, 01:10:04 PM »
TA who would you call a bigger liar, a man (if you can call him that) that claimed to be able to easily produce tons of Gold or Oreilly?  ;)

Gold can synthetically be produced.  Do you not understand this?

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2009, 01:11:50 PM »
UNSOLICITED advice, for which I have no need (unlike yourself).

Well, since we were playing You tell me what to do with my ass and I'll tell you what to do with yours I figured I took my turn (no pun intended).  ;D ;D

I hope you were able to "read" the metaphor in my comment about sticking a thermometer up your ass...

It's not O'Reilly's barking that the issue. It's his carving through the PC rhetoric (particuarly amongst his more liberal guests) and getting to the nitty-gritty of the matter, which tends to get liberals a bit testy.

Wow! You watch his show because because he gets "liberals a bit testy"? You mean to say you don't care what he has to say but WHO he says it to?

You do know McGyver was a show right? It wasn't real life. NO ONE can create a two stroke engine with a soda can and the sweat off a cockroach's forehead. And that includes Bill.

Hope you know that.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2009, 01:17:30 PM »
Gold can synthetically be produced.  Do you not understand this?

Everything can be synthetically produced you moron, that doesn't mean that it's realistic or easy as you claimed.

Oh and little boy, before you want to go into a physics discussion you better think it through real good, because I will shit all over you and only get more ammunition to show your ignorance.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2009, 01:17:37 PM »
Ha-ha, man, you have no idea what you're talking about do you?  Fox was probably ecstatic competing stations spent so much time driving traffic to Oreillys show, and then when he apologized for his mistake, he proably generated some new viewers. 

The lawsuit comment is just plain foolish so I'm not even going to take the time to explain how the FCC works.

So... that's it? I'm a liar and you... don't want to explain why?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

What the fuck is wrong with you people?!

body88

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2009, 01:21:31 PM »
So... that's it? I'm a liar and you... don't want to explain why?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

What the fuck is wrong with you people?!

If you wish.

Please explain this statement to me further:

"TV stations start calling you a liar on national live TV you know you're getting exposed to lawsuits".

What "lawsuits" are you referring to?  Are you referring to CNN suing Fox because Bill Orielly said that they barely covered a story?  Because that would be laughable at best.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2009, 01:34:26 PM »

Sigh, if you wish.

Please explain this statement to me further:

"TV stations start calling you a liar on national live TV you know you're getting exposed to lawsuits".

What lawsuits are you referring to?  Are you referring to CNN suing Fox because Bill Orielly said that they barely covered a story?  Because that would be laughable at best.

I wasn't referring to that example per se. YOU were. What I said, I mean, insinuated, is that when you start messing around accusing other channels of not covering story A or story B when YOU KNOW you are lying what is going to happen is that you are going to attract some "unwanted" attention. You do that enough times, piss off enough people, and all of a sudden you've got other people scrutinizing everything you said on the air to anyone, analyzing every word you said and are saying all the while trying to build a case against you. And knowing how much of a bottomless pit Bill is in regards to letting his mouth run at full speed it is just a matter of time before he goes over the red line.

It was fine up to now because he was blasting individuals on abstract concepts like liberalism or illegal immigration and stuff like that. Now he is actually directly accusing entities (big corporations) of doing, or not doing, x.

I guarantee you he is going to get sued sooner or later.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2009, 01:49:53 PM »
I wasn't referring to that example per se. YOU were. What I said, I mean, insinuated, is that when you start messing around accusing other channels of not covering story A or story B when YOU KNOW you are lying what is going to happen is that you are going to attract some "unwanted" attention. You do that enough times, piss off enough people, and all of a sudden you've got other people scrutinizing everything you said on the air to anyone, analyzing every word you said and are saying all the while trying to build a case against you. And knowing how much of a bottomless pit Bill is in regards to letting his mouth run at full speed it is just a matter of time before he goes over the red line.

It was fine up to now because he was blasting individuals on abstract concepts like liberalism or illegal immigration and stuff like that. Now he is actually directly accusing entities (big corporations) of doing, or not doing, x.

Sued for what?   

body88

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2009, 02:07:00 PM »

That's not how it works.  People are allowed to make mistakes and voice their opinion on the air.  Both CNN and FOX are TV stations driven by RATINGS to generate advertising dollars.  What the hell is CNN going to do about Bill stating his opinion on their news coverage, lol?  They are going to retaliate?  What the hell are you talking about?  Their programmers were probably happy as shit that Bill mentioned CNN to his audience!  It's all about ratings and $.  Who exactly is scrutinizing Bills every word? The guys on national TV, clearly he's being scrutinized.  The FCC is responsible for that and you can't penalize someone for their opinion(s).  Even if Bill didn't apologize, he has every right to say that he think's that CNN did not cover a story as much as they could have.  That's not illegal and it never will be.  You're in a fantasy land and you have no idea how TV works.

By who and for what ::)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2009, 02:28:31 PM »
!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2009, 03:32:44 PM »
Everything can be synthetically produced you moron, that doesn't mean that it's realistic or easy as you claimed.

Oh and little boy, before you want to go into a physics discussion you better think it through real good, because I will shit all over you and only get more ammunition to show your ignorance.
::)

You are blind to Science.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2009, 09:00:22 PM »

ill be honest id give it to ifbb soley on the basis that the majority of his sources arent from youtube... ;)

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2009, 11:44:00 PM »

Ok...I will be sure to notify anyone in my engineering faculty that I'm blind to science.

Now please remind me what is your profession? ::)

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2009, 05:02:45 AM »
Sued for what?

Defamation of character for example?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2009, 05:14:15 AM »
I think CNN should monitor the tone of guys like sanchez (and beck who was formerly on cnn).  We have enough opinionated show hosts on FOX and MSNBC.  I'd like to see CNN focus more objectively on the stories.
Obviously CNN did cover this story and Sanchez pointedly corrects O'Reily but he could have done it without using the same kind of tone O'Reily does.

I don't think we heard enough about this Muslim f-ck up who killed our own soldiers, new recruits albeit, on our own soil.  That is completely unacceptible and we must make this guy an example to others.

Actually Rick is an even-handed level-headed guy.....he had to do it that way because O'Reilly is so pompous and FOX is very arrogant when it comes to retracting the truth...they feel they can say any thing and that if they get called out on it, they blame the "left wing media" for conspiring against them...

Actually I loved Rick in this piece..he was acting as a sort of prosecuting attorney, calling out O'Reilly and showing the evidence against him and he did it in a way in which you HAD TO BELIEVE HIM AND HAD TO CONCEDE THAT O'REILLY WAS WRONG....good TV journalism

CNN is the best news station because they actually try not to take sides..they don't always succeed but they at least try to be impartial..thats why I watch them over FOX and MSNBC...both of those networks have the pom poms out and are cheering for one side....I do watch ALL the news networks however but I feel I am getting the straight answer from CNN..

Last point...Rick Sanchez also took on Lou Dobbs from his own network for imflamatory language on the immigration issue

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2009, 06:16:36 AM »
That's not how it works.  People are allowed to make mistakes and voice their opinion on the air.

Which he does, all the time, and for which he has had to retract on a few occasion (or so I've read).

Both CNN and FOX are TV stations driven by RATINGS to generate advertising dollars.  What the hell is CNN going to do about Bill stating his opinion on their news coverage, lol?

Well, right now it's just "funny" in a sad way because the bastard's got people correcting him IN PUBLIC and Bill doesn't get it. He is sowing lots of animosity amongst many of his peers. Right now it's just people advising him to check his facts. Next will be the defamation of character lawsuits.

They are going to retaliate?  What the hell are you talking about?  Their programmers were probably happy as shit that Bill mentioned CNN to his audience!  It's all about ratings and $.  Who exactly is scrutinizing Bills every word? The guys on national TV, clearly he's being scrutinized.  The FCC is responsible for that and you can't penalize someone for their opinion(s).

It's not an opinion that caused Rick's response. It was an accusation that CNN was not carrying the story. Two different things.

Even if Bill didn't apologize, he has every right to say that he think's that CNN did not cover a story as much as they could have.  That's not illegal and it never will be.  You're in a fantasy land and you have no idea how TV works.

Dude, how many times do I have to say that Bill cannot be sued in this particular case? Seriously! What I'm saying is that Bill-O will cross the line eventually and will get into trouble. Mark my words.

By who and for what ::)

By anyone he chooses to rip apart on any given day for something as simple as defamation of character.

body88

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2009, 08:08:03 AM »
Which he does, all the time, and for which he has had to retract on a few occasion (or so I've read).

Well, right now it's just "funny" in a sad way because the bastard's got people correcting him IN PUBLIC and Bill doesn't get it. He is sowing lots of animosity amongst many of his peers. Right now it's just people advising him to check his facts. Next will be the defamation of character lawsuits.

It's not an opinion that caused Rick's response. It was an accusation that CNN was not carrying the story. Two different things.

Dude, how many times do I have to say that Bill cannot be sued in this particular case? Seriously! What I'm saying is that Bill-O will cross the line eventually and will get into trouble. Mark my words.

By anyone he chooses to rip apart on any given day for something as simple as defamation of character.

Right, he's accountable for his mistakes....unlike most the other news anchors.  You don't even watch Orielly and you claim that he will be "sued for his actions"?  So in other words, you don't really know what your talking about.

What?  First off, Bill's rating are awesome and Fox couldn't be happier with him.  Most his peers wish they had his ratings.  His peers, lol.  The news anchor brigade?  He's more powerful than most of them anyway.  Second, you can't sue someone for defamation of character because you said they didn't cover a news story well enough in conversation with a guest.  You know that right?

It's not an opinion that caused Rick's response. It was an accusation that CNN was not carrying the story. Two different things
So what?  Again, you must not have much knowledge of law if you think that what Orielly said was in anyway illegal or wrong (from a law standpoint).

Dude, yes you were and no he won't be sued anytime soon.  Again, who's going to sue him?  You mentioned defamation of character above.....let's see some examples of this.  You don't even watch the show  ::)  Could Olbermann be sued for calling people "the worst people in the world"?  Oh wait, that's CNN so that's ok.  Further more, Olbermann used to do the "worst person in the world" gig during NFL games.   Why was he not sued by the people he "attacked" as you would say?

First off, lets see some examples of this.  Second, if he rips someone apart he does it using facts and logic.  Again, you're not educated on how defamation suits work if you think Orielly can be sued for his opinions on news topics that allow criticism and opinion.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2009, 10:26:13 AM »
Right, he's accountable for his mistakes....unlike most the other news anchors.  You don't even watch Orielly and you claim that he will be "sued for his actions"?

HIS WORDS! NOT HIS ACTIONS! HIS WORDS! What is it you can't read?

So in other words, you don't really know what your talking about.

Are you dumb enough not to realise there is a video of him in the first comment showing him outright lying (aside from the fact that there's a video of him here every other day)? What AM I missing here? YOU tell me!

What?  First off, Bill's rating are awesome and Fox couldn't be happier with him.  Most his peers wish they had his ratings.  His peers, lol.  The news anchor brigade?  He's more powerful than most of them anyway.

Let me say it again. RATINGS do not mean you tell or report the truth, which is THE most valuable thing you can ask from any reporter. His reports are shit. Bottom line.

Second, you can't sue someone for defamation of character because you said they didn't cover a news story well enough in conversation with a guest.

Are you a retard? Didn't I tell you TWICE that defamation of characted does not apply in this case but that I felt eventually he would get to that point? Didn't I tell you that? Read my past comments. Bill is a loud mouth and eventually all loud mouths run into trouble. I'll say it again: Bill-O has taken his demagogy and rethoric to a new level. He not only harrases invitees, he now openly accuses other networks of not doing something he likes. He's asking for it.

So what?  Again, you must not have much knowledge of law if you think that what Orielly said was in anyway illegal or wrong (from a law standpoint).

No, YOU are saying that.

Dude, yes you were and no he won't be sued anytime soon.  Again, who's going to sue him?  You mentioned defamation of character above.....let's see some examples of this.  You don't even watch the show

Oh my fucking God.

Could Olbermann be sued for calling people "the worst people in the world"?  Oh wait, that's CNN so that's ok.

Did you even bother to read my comment about me not giving a shit about neither Olbermann nor O'Reilly, and that they were basically the same shit? Did you?

Further more, Olbermann used to do the "worst person in the world" gig during NFL games.   Why was he not sued by the people he "attacked" as you would say?

I don't know dude! But who the fuck cares? This thread is about Bill-O. Are you blind? If you want to blast Olbermann go ahead and open a thread. What the fuck do I care about any of the two? Yes, Olbermann deserves the same treatment as O'Reilly... but that does not change my original view that BOTH are assholes. So I do not understand why you keep throwing Keith's name at me as though I'm on his side... Why?  ;D ;D

First off, lets see some examples of this.  Second, if he rips someone apart he does it using facts and logic.  Again, you're not educated on how defamation suits work if you think Orielly can be sued for his opinions on news topics that allow criticism and opinion.

Again. Because O'Reilly is now leaving the realm of criticism of individuals and abstract entities and is now directly messing around with competing networks. He will run his mouth too far eventually and will be disposed of eventually.

If you want to know what happens to people when they mess around with the big fish all you have to do is google "Dan Rather & Killian memos".

Another person who can't read.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2009, 10:31:49 AM »

And here's why his ratings are higher than cnn, msnbc, and the major news networks combined....pure class

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2009, 10:41:27 AM »

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2009, 12:19:52 PM »

LOL!!!!  ;D

I agree....CNN, MSNBC, and the pitiful three DO score rather high on the BS meter.   :P

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2009, 01:17:45 PM »
And here's why his ratings are higher than cnn, msnbc, and the major news networks combined....pure class

idiot
!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2009, 01:30:12 PM »
HIS WORDS! NOT HIS ACTIONS! HIS WORDS! What is it you can't read?

Are you dumb enough not to realise there is a video of him in the first comment showing him outright lying (aside from the fact that there's a video of him here every other day)? What AM I missing here? YOU tell me!

Let me say it again. RATINGS do not mean you tell or report the truth, which is THE most valuable thing you can ask from any reporter. His reports are shit. Bottom line.

Are you a retard? Didn't I tell you TWICE that defamation of characted does not apply in this case but that I felt eventually he would get to that point? Didn't I tell you that? Read my past comments. Bill is a loud mouth and eventually all loud mouths run into trouble. I'll say it again: Bill-O has taken his demagogy and rethoric to a new level. He not only harrases invitees, he now openly accuses other networks of not doing something he likes. He's asking for it.

No, YOU are saying that.

Oh my fucking God.

Did you even bother to read my comment about me not giving a shit about neither Olbermann nor O'Reilly, and that they were basically the same shit? Did you?

I don't know dude! But who the fuck cares? This thread is about Bill-O. Are you blind? If you want to blast Olbermann go ahead and open a thread. What the fuck do I care about any of the two? Yes, Olbermann deserves the same treatment as O'Reilly... but that does not change my original view that BOTH are assholes. So I do not understand why you keep throwing Keith's name at me as though I'm on his side... Why?  ;D ;D

Again. Because O'Reilly is now leaving the realm of criticism of individuals and abstract entities and is now directly messing around with competing networks. He will run his mouth too far eventually and will be disposed of eventually.

If you want to know what happens to people when they mess around with the big fish all you have to do is google "Dan Rather & Killian memos".

Another person who can't read.

Another moronic arguement from a worthless Lib. O'Reilly apologized, just like a newspaper prints a retraction...end of story.
L