Author Topic: Working at UPS as a loader...GREAT WORKOUT  (Read 24814 times)

dov

• Getbig IV
Re: Working at UPS as a loader...GREAT WORKOUT
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2009, 04:05:25 PM »
never would of thought that since your built like a sherman tank

you just seem genetically cut out for manual labor ::) ::) ::)
careful, he'll deadlift that Sherman tank..........

112 times! ::)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2009, 04:08:33 PM »
never would of thought that since your built like a sherman tank

you just seem genetically cut out for manual labor ::) ::) ::)

Oh I could handle it easily, its just a waste of time and not beneficial at all mentally.  They don`t care about you and you do not matter.  Why would you want to succumb to such an environment?  Are the trinkets that can be bought with the 8.50 an hour REALLY worth your time. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2009, 04:10:07 PM »
careful, he'll deadlift that Sherman tank..........

112 times! ::)

The piehole on your face....Shut it.  I would destroy you in the gym and in the next Mr. Getbig, 112 times if I were to live another 112 years.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2009, 04:10:40 PM »
worked as an unloader my first year of college from 3-7 am.  actually started the monday after thanksgiving, brutal

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2009, 04:13:43 PM »
The piehole on your face....Shut it.  I would destroy you in the gym and in the next Mr. Getbig, 112 times if I were to live another 112 years.

I would do this to you

sleprock

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2009, 04:14:30 PM »
I would do this to you

sleprock
I am sure you would not.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2009, 04:17:33 PM »
OK tough guy..what's with the "would" scenario...how about backing this up in GB IV? Or, maybe you'll  just use the "don't have the time" excuse again :P

nodeal

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2009, 04:19:49 PM »
Oh I could handle it easily, its just a waste of time and not beneficial at all mentally.  They don`t care about you and you do not matter.  Why would you want to succumb to such an environment?  Are the trinkets that can be bought with the 8.50 an hour REALLY worth your time. 

I don't know if I could make a lifetime career out of a job like this...I would much rather prefer something more "scholarly" if you will. But, while I'm going to school it's awesome. Also, it gets pretty intense as an endless stream of boxes swiftly engulf you no matter how fast you're going. It can be a mental challenge, not letting the boxes beat you and remaining resilient.

been there/done that....get ready for ALL of your strength lifts to decrease...you'll prob drop 10-15 lbs too...don't know your current stats, might be a good thing

Any diet advice to minimize the deterioration of my strength?

I've worked for UPS for 2 years.. Started as a Loader now I am driving.. The pay goes WAY UP! Loading is a good workout, but is trted getting all kinds of old man pains in my elbows and shoulders that affected my workouts.. Great company! i'll never leave :)

Glad to hear it! It seems like they take pretty good care of their employees...they keep their eyes open for hard workers and look to move them up in the company.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2009, 04:20:19 PM »
OK tough guy..what's with the "would" scenario...how about backing this up in GB IV? Or, maybe you'll  just use the "don't have the time" excuse again :P

If there is an "Aquilles" or another like that, I am not interested.  I suggest you boycott it as well if this is the case.  I think you and I and others should put together our own contest.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2009, 04:23:04 PM »
If there is an "Aquilles" or another like that, I am not interested.  I suggest you boycott it as well if this is the case.  I think you and I and others should put together our own contest.

I'm in

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2009, 04:24:21 PM »
A man who likes his work, is a man who will go far in life

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2009, 04:25:04 PM »
I have known a couple fellows who did this job.  Not a bad part-time job for a young person (beats flipping hamburgers) as long as the young man has realistic expectations.  
~

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2009, 04:27:11 PM »
Hmm. Maybe, there should be a DL minimum for entry for such a contest. Say, 225x112? 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2009, 04:27:38 PM »

Glad to hear it! It seems like they take pretty good care of their employees...they keep their eyes open for hard workers and look to move them up in the company.

UPS ain't going bankrupt anytime soon either.

You are talking about 100's of different shipments on each trailer, they make a TON of cash with each truck sent out.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2009, 04:29:05 PM »
I'm in
Are you a steroider?  If so, you are most certainly NOT in.

io856

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2009, 04:30:28 PM »
What if you use steroids to look natural? Is that ok?

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2009, 04:30:37 PM »

naw I'm just rocked up

dont hate :-* :-*

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2009, 04:30:48 PM »

I'm natural, and it shows.  :'(
~

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2009, 04:31:12 PM »
What if you use steroids to look natural? Is that ok?

The contest should be for LIFETIME Naturals, no steroids or Pro-Hormone usage ever.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2009, 04:32:45 PM »
The contest should be for LIFETIME Naturals, no steroids or Pro-Hormone usage ever.

you must better define this cause you'll have all the gh/slin junkies crashin your party

A steroid is a terpenoid lipid characterized by a carbon skeleton with four fused rings, generally arranged in a 6-6-6-5 fashion. Steroids vary by the functional groups attached to these rings and the oxidation state of the rings. Hundreds of distinct steroids are found in plants, animals, and fungi. All steroids are made in cells either from the sterol lanosterol (animals and fungi) or from the sterol cycloartenol (plants). Both sterols are derived from the cyclization of the triterpene squalene.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2009, 04:36:04 PM »
you must better define this cause you'll have all the gh/slin junkies crashin your party

A steroid is a terpenoid lipid characterized by a carbon skeleton with four fused rings, generally arranged in a 6-6-6-5 fashion. Steroids vary by the functional groups attached to these rings and the oxidation state of the rings. Hundreds of distinct steroids are found in plants, animals, and fungi. All steroids are made in cells either from the sterol lanosterol (animals and fungi) or from the sterol cycloartenol (plants). Both sterols are derived from the cyclization of the triterpene squalene.
ALL GOOGLE

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2009, 04:36:46 PM »

It is too difficult to really set rules especially over the internet, which is why I think competition should be limited to people of some notoriety that have been around this place.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2009, 04:38:33 PM »
I hate the State.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2009, 04:39:10 PM »
I have known a couple fellows who did this job.  Not a bad part-time job for a young person (beats flipping hamburgers) as long as the young man has realistic expectations.  
Very true.  I guess it also beats mopping up the floor at the local wacky jack after a nights worth of sticky studs have ejected their semen all over the floor.

io856

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2009, 04:40:58 PM »
the thing is that somebody HAS to do the shit work... so its sort of odd to rag on the people who are doing it... be thankful its not you