Author Topic: Scott Roeder says he knows there are similar events planned around the country  (Read 10443 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
This domestic terrorist says he "knows" there are similar attacks planned throughout the country.

Should he be water-boarded?

I know the pro-torture christians on this site won't have any problem with it.

He's is also described as a "a mentally ill, unemployed anti-abortion activist"

I wonder how many of his brethren fit that same description.

Isn't  mentally ill anti-abortion activist redundant?

The Feds are curious as to how this unemployed nutbag was able to stalk Dr. Tiller for years in spite of having little to no income.

It would be great if they discovered ties to Randall Terry and his organization.   Supposedly when Roeder was arrested he had the phone number of one of Terry's associates on the dashboard of his car

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2009/06/07/2009-06-07_scott_roeder_charged_with_abortion_doctor_george_tillers_murder_says_more_violen.html

tonymctones

• Getbig V
This domestic terrorist says he "knows" there are similar attacks planned throughout the country.

Should he be water-boarded?

I know the pro-torture christians on this site won't have any problem with it.

He's is also described as a "a mentally ill, unemployed anti-abortion activist"

I wonder how many of his brethren fit that same description.

Isn't  mentally ill anti-abortion activist redundant?

The Feds are curious as to how this unemployed nutbag was able to stalk Dr. Tiller for years in spite of having little to no income.

It would be great if they discovered ties to Randall Terry and his organization.   Supposedly when Roeder was arrested he had the phone number of one of Terry's associates on the dashboard of his car

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2009/06/07/2009-06-07_scott_roeder_charged_with_abortion_doctor_george_tillers_murder_says_more_violen.html
LOL man you really have christianity on the brain bro...its funny how you always seem to come back to that ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
LOL man you really have christianity on the brain bro...its funny how you always seem to come back to that ::)

well  Roeder is a current story and the only mention of christians was the fact that some on the board are pro-water boarding for terrorist

Seems like a timely and fair question to me.

This man claims he knows of future acts of terror

Should he be water-boarded

christians and non-christians are free to share their views

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244

Sounds like a fair question to me. He has information of imminent attacks which if revealed could save American lives. therefore, ...should he be waterboarded in order to get the info and stop eminent attacks?
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
well  Roeder is a current story and the only mention of christians was the fact that some on the board are pro-water boarding for terrorist

Seems like a timely an fair question to me.

This man claims he knows of future acts of terror

Should he be water-boarded

christians and non-christians are free to share their views
what does being pro water boarding have to do with being christian?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Sounds like a fair question to me. He has information of eminent attacks which if revealed could save American lives. therefore, ...should he be waterboarded in order to get the info and stop eminent attacks?
I agree but what does that have to do with being christian?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
what does being pro water boarding have to do with being christian?

nothing - except for this:

"According to commissioned by Faith in Public Life and Mercer University, Americans are among the most supportive of torturing prisoners and, in America, 57% white evangelical Christians say that torture is sometimes or often justified. Significantly more Democrats, liberals, and independents answer that torture is rarely or never justified."

weird huh?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
nothing - except for this:

"According to commissioned by Faith in Public Life and Mercer University, Americans are among the most supportive of torturing prisoners and, in America, 57% white evangelical Christians say that torture is sometimes or often justified. Significantly more Democrats, liberals, and independents answer that torture is rarely or never justified."

weird huh?
LOL not really, you dont take into account here that the majority of conservatives believe that "torturing" is sometimes or often justified and that the majority of christians are conservative. LOL you simply trying to make it about religion is assinine its quite evident that their beliefs stem from their conservative views not their religious views. So to be more accurate you should have posed your question to conservatives not christians  ::)

LOL get over whatever it is you have against christianity bro it makes you look like a jack ass the majority of the time.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
this is pretty funny.

He claims to KNOW about upcoming terror acts, right?  

Yet I'm betting a lot of the same far-right folks who support torturing arabs, are okay with this abortion doctor killer, and wouldn't torture him to get info on upcoming acts.  

Hypocrisy.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
LOL not really, you dont take into account here that the majority of conservatives believe that "torturing" is sometimes or often justified and that the majority of christians are conservative. LOL you simply trying to make it about religion is assinine its quite evident that their beliefs stem from their conservative views not their religious views. So to be more accurate you should have posed your question to conservatives not christians  ::)

LOL get over whatever it is you have against christianity bro it makes you look like a jack ass the majority of the time.

ok - so you're saying my statement about evangelicals on this board is logical

so why the question about it in the first place?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
ok - so you're saying my statement about evangelicals on this board is logical

so why the question about it in the first place?
Im saying your attributing the pro "torture" stance to christians which again is assinine. As their stance stems from being conservative instead of christian, them being christian is just a coincidence. You seem to think that b/c they are christian they believe in enhanced interrogation techniques.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
I agree but what does that have to do with being christian?

I don't believe I mentioned Christianity anywhere in my question?
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
this is pretty funny.

He claims to KNOW about upcoming terror acts, right?  

Yet I'm betting a lot of the same far-right folks who support torturing arabs, are okay with this abortion doctor killer, and wouldn't torture him to get info on upcoming acts.  

Hypocrisy.
i think your wrong

arent you for places like gitmo as long as nobody knows about it? ive heard you say this on multiple occassions but your against enhanced interrogation techniques...is that just when ppl know about it of all the time?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I don't believe I mentioned Christianity anywhere in my question?
you quoted me darling in which i said nothing about the validity of his question as it pertains to "torturing" him... 8)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Im saying your attributing the pro "torture" stance to christians which again is assinine. As their stance stems from being conservative instead of christian, them being christian is just a coincidence. You seem to think that b/c they are christian they believe in enhanced interrogation techniques.

so you say

the report I cited was specifically about evangelicals - not conservatives or even Republicans

I think loco cited the same study (I could be wrong - just going from memory)

either way, who cares?  

Don't get hung up on one sentence

The larger question is do you (anyone) think we should torture this terrorist who claims to "KNOW" of future acts of terrorism?

what if they decide to blow up someones car and incur some collateral damage and don't just kill their intended target (for all of you who hold some sympathy/empathy for Roeder)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
i think your wrong

arent you for places like gitmo as long as nobody knows about it? ive heard you say this on multiple occassions but your against enhanced interrogation techniques...is that just when ppl know about it of all the time?

I've never said I'm for place like Gitmo as long as no one knows about it

Go find the quote.  If anything I've said they exist and no one knows about it

If there is any confusion I'll say right here that I'm against detention without a trial for anyone

tonymctones

• Getbig V
so you say

the report I cited was specifically about evangelicals - not conservatives or even Republicans

I think loco cited the same study (I could be wrong - just going from memory)

either way, who cares?  

Don't get hung up on one sentence

The larger question is do you (anyone) think we should torture this terrorist who claims to "KNOW" of future acts of terrorism?

what if they decide to blow up someones car and incur some collateral damage and don't just kill their intended target (for all of you who hold some sympathy/empathy for Roeder)

you should go back to college and take a research methods class and perhaps a stats class to show you the fallacy that is the conclusion you are getting from that statement. Its not saying that its b/c they are christians its simply saying that they are christian...correlation does NOT equal causation.

Again you should really get over whatever it is that you have against religion b/c it makes you look like a jack ass the majority of the time and just as intolerant as those you despise...

as for your question, i have no problem with the "torturing" of this man if all the other options have been exhausted.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I've never said I'm for place like Gitmo as long as no one knows about it

Go find the quote.  If anything I've said they exist and no one knows about it

If there is any confusion I'll say right here that I'm against detention without a trial for anyone
that was for that tool 240 not for you straw, ive never heard you say anything like that but 240 has on multiple occassions but he is against "torture" i guess its just when ppl are watching though.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
that was for that tool 240 not for you straw, ive never heard you say anything like that but 240 has on multiple occassions but he is against "torture" i guess its just when ppl are watching though.

sometimes it's hard to follow who is responding to who

Tony - please spend a few minutes watching this:  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#31177077

Frank Schaeffer knows what he is talking about.  If nothing else watch the video of the crowds and the signs they are holding

There is a fragment of this movement that is unstable and prone to losing it

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
And when you're done watching that (I watched a few snippets), read the words of liberal extremists:

::) ::) ::)
No, they just blog stuff like the following after they didn't get their way last Nov. in California:

"Can someone in CA please go burn down the Mormon temples there, PLEASE. I mean seriously. DO IT."
      "I'm going to give them something to be f--ing scared of....I'm a radical who is now on a mission to make them all pay for what they've done."
      "Burn their f--ing churches to the ground, and then tax the charred timbers."
      "I hope the No on 8 people have a long list and long knives."
      "I swear, I'd murder people with my bare hands this morning."
      "Trust me. I've got a big list of names of mormons and catholics [sic] that were big supporters of Prop 8....As far as mormons and catholics...I warn them to watch their backs."

tonymctones

• Getbig V
And when you're done watching that (I watched a few snippets), read the words of liberal extremists:

thanks beach...like beach pointed out straw their are nutjobs in every crowd in every facet of society...you dont blame the cause that doesnt advocate such actions...you seem like you so whole heartedly want to make this about christianity that you simply overlook or ignore the fact that religion is against the actions of roeder.

you blame the nut job straw

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

I don't know who those people are but we can probably agree that terrorists on the left and right should be treated impartially

let's treat all terrorist the same way

this man will not talk to the police

he has called news organizations to talk about future attacks which he "knows" will happen

what should we do?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
thanks beach...like beach pointed out straw their are nutjobs in every crowd in every facet of society...you dont blame the cause that doesnt advocate such actions...you seem like you so whole heartedly want to make this about christianity that you simply overlook or ignore the fact that religion is against the actions of roeder.

you blame the nut job straw

again -I told you to forget that one sentence

the question I'm asking you is about Roeder the Terrorist

you call him a nut job

what should we do about this nut job who killed someone

won't talk to police

and claims to know of future attacks?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
again -I told you to forget that one sentence

the question I'm asking you is about Roeder the Terrorist

you call him a nut job

what should we do about this nut job who killed someone and claims to know of future attacks
i already responded

you should go back to college and take a research methods class and perhaps a stats class to show you the fallacy that is the conclusion you are getting from that statement. Its not saying that its b/c they are christians its simply saying that they are christian...correlation does NOT equal causation.

Again you should really get over whatever it is that you have against religion b/c it makes you look like a jack ass the majority of the time and just as intolerant as those you despise...

as for your question, i have no problem with the "torturing" of this man if all the other options have been exhausted.