Author Topic: Empowering Women - One Woman At A Time  (Read 5220 times)

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
Re: Empowering Women - One Woman At A Time
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2009, 09:36:24 PM »
Editing 5 months later?! Glad to see you're on top of things Stella. lol  ::)
:o :o :o
You rolled your eyes at STella
She is gonna get you  ;D

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2009, 01:47:08 PM »
ROTFLMAO... you have got to be one of the most exasperating passive aggressive SOBs I've ever met.
you just loooooove pushing buttons don't ya?! That's ok. I still loves ya... just wanna wring your neck sometimes.

btw - did you catch that stat earlier... 98% repayment rate!

100% BS rate!

In case anyone else is reading this thread, something should be made perfectly clear:

"Repayment rate" is misleading term and can be calculated in many ways. It does not tell what percentage of loans are current just the historical rate of loan recovery. It is a very, very.... very sketchy way discuss risk.

Payments received respective to payments due over a period of time is pretty useless information because there's no standard time frame. The figure could literally be based upon one day!!

Repayment rate can also be artificially inflated by including pre-payments. This means they can be more than 100% depending upon how the math is done.

I'd like to believe Judi knows what the term repayment rate means. Otherwise she just cut and pasted some more nonsense without any real understanding... which would be lame. :)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2009, 08:28:16 AM »
it worked in india....

wont work here...
carpe` vaginum!

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2009, 08:48:14 AM »
it worked in india....

wont work here...

Look on the FAQ page of their site. It's doubtful the interest rates they're charging will work in third world countries.

On a similar note....... Wealthy Indians now consider their country second world. Must have something to do with having the internet, LOL!

Some companies, like http://www.heifer.org/site/c.edJRKQNiFiG/b.204586/?msource=kw1907&gclid=COPAnvDs-50CFaM45Qodpk93pg do a thing where you can donate animals. After some research it seems very appropriate for someone like me.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2009, 09:19:25 AM »
Look on the FAQ page of their site. It's doubtful the interest rates they're charging will work in third world countries.

i didn't look at the page but i saw ...i think a discovery or bbc documentary on it where it ws supposed to be interest free...so now if they r charging interest..i wont work...

about indians thinking that their country is 2nd world...i will give them this...there r a few universities in india (like the indian instutute of tech) that hold par if not better than MIT....and i mean it...
i've known a few physics and engineering majors from there (my study partner is one of em) that basically breezed thru the univ of maryland honours program like it ws nothing....they r producing some smart people
carpe` vaginum!

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2009, 09:29:38 AM »
i didn't look at the page but i saw ...i think a discovery or bbc documentary on it where it ws supposed to be interest free...so now if they r charging interest..i wont work...

about indians thinking that their country is 2nd world...i will give them this...there r a few universities in india (like the indian instutute of tech) that hold par if not better than MIT....and i mean it...
i've known a few physics and engineering majors from there (my study partner is one of em) that basically breezed thru the univ of maryland honours program like it ws nothing....they r producing some smart people

People giving/donating money for loans aren't asking for interest. :)

From Kiva's site: "6.  Why are microcredit interest rates so high?

The nature of microcredit – small loans – is such that interest rates need to be high to return the cost of the loan.
"There are three kinds of costs the MFI has to cover when it makes microloans. The first two, the cost of the money that it lends and the cost of loan defaults, are proportional to the amount lent. For instance, if the cost paid by the MFI for the money it lends is 10%, and it experiences defaults of 1% of the amount lent, then these two costs will total $11 for a loan of $100, and $55 for a loan of $500. An interest rate of 11% of the loan amount thus covers both these costs for either loan.

The third type of cost, transaction costs, is not proportional to the amount lent. The transaction cost of the $500 loan is not much different from the transaction cost of the $100 loan. Both loans require roughly the same amount of staff time for meeting with the borrower to appraise the loan, processing the loan disbursement and repayments, and follow-up monitoring. Suppose that the transaction cost is $25 per loan and that the loans are for one year. To break even on the $500 loan, the MFI would need to collect interest of $50 + 5 + $25 = $80, which represents an annual interest rate of 16%. To break even on the $100 loan, the MFI would need to collect interest of $10 + 1 + $25 = $36, which is an interest rate of 36%. At first glance, a rate this high looks abusive to many people, especially when the clients are poor. But in fact, this interest rate simply reflects the basic reality that when loan sizes get very small, transaction costs loom larger because these costs can't be cut below certain minimums."

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2009, 09:40:34 AM »
well then it wont work....

besides..the whole "empowering women" wording ..somehow just crosses over to the "feminist" side of things
carpe` vaginum!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2009, 11:16:23 PM »
it worked in india....

wont work here...

Repayment in the 2nd and 3rd world appears to be stronger than North America.
Loan amounts are smaller too.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2009, 11:17:45 PM »
well then it wont work....

besides..the whole "empowering women" wording ..somehow just crosses over to the "feminist" side of things

I think that had more to do with Maria's women's conference in S. Cali more than anything else.  ;)
w