Author Topic: The GOP's Identity Crisis  (Read 1897 times)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: The GOP's Identity Crisis
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2009, 08:34:23 AM »
Boo hoo!  I almost feel bad for you.  Almost.

I feel bad for Obama.Imagine waking up next to that lantern jawed tranny every morning with her jaw jutting foreward and her teeth sticking out behind her oversized lips?Christ,Id kill myself.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2009, 08:46:02 AM »
I feel bad for Obama.Imagine waking up next to that lantern jawed tranny every morning with her jaw jutting foreward and her teeth sticking out behind her oversized lips?Christ,Id kill myself.

Could be worse.  Obama could be waking up next to you.  So I guess he can't complain.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2009, 08:48:21 AM »
yeah, obama did start running after doing the keynote in 2004.  Everyone knew it.  It came up on getbig occasionally.  He was the outside chance candidate, of course.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2009, 08:50:32 AM »
yeah, obama did start running after doing the keynote in 2004.  Everyone knew it.  It came up on getbig occasionally.  He was the outside chance candidate, of course.

Facts and logic can not penetrate the delusional wall that conservatives hide behind.
Throw in the Jesus gene and you have complete suspension of reality from that side.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2009, 09:05:09 AM »
I've always argued that Hillary's ego is 100% responsible for Obama being president. She's an unabashed attention whore and couldn't live without the spotlight long enough for the Ill. seat to become available.

She also underestimated how smart he is.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2009, 10:23:52 AM »
Could be worse.  Obama could be waking up next to you.  So I guess he can't complain.

I bet her penis is bigger then mine.Thats why his ears are so fucking big.When she mounts him from behind she grabs his jug ears and pulls him in while she bangs him.I bet hes probably wishing it were Rev. Wright though.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2009, 10:45:32 AM »

Facts and logic can not penetrate the delusional wall that conservatives hide behind.
Throw in the Jesus gene and you have complete suspension of reality from that side.

Exactly how do you run for President, in the middle of SOMEONE ELSE'S campaign, unless (as stated earlier) the Democrats basically folded the tent early and admitted that Kerry was going to lose?

Many cited the economy and especially IRAQ as Bush's undoing for 2004. But that didn't happen and the liberals' reaction to Bush's re-election was not one of a party, ready to cede the '04 election to "W" and make their big push for 2008. They thought they could beat Bush in 2004. They put their muscle behind Kerry to do that in 2004. But, it wasn't enough to get it done.

I'm afraid the delusion falls on you, namely your foolish assertions that Obama is a lock a second term and that the problems of the GOP are something unique to a minority party.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2009, 10:55:12 AM »
#1 No one said he was running in the middle of someone else's campaign.
#2 The DNC Keynote address served as his platform to make his intentions for 2008 crystal clear.
#3 If his "emergence" was shocking to you, it only validates my claim that you are clueless.
#4 GOP in 2012?  Clueless x 2.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2009, 10:59:43 AM »
#1 No one said he was running in the middle of someone else's campaign.
#2 The DNC Keynote address served as his platform to make his intentions for 2008 crystal clear.
#3 If his "emergence" was shocking to you, it only validates my claim that you are clueless.
#4 GOP in 2012?  Clueless x 2.

People post articles all the time about issues, whether it be trade, cap & Trade, taxes, spending, deficits, etc.

Not once or ever do you debate issues, you simply hurl insults and then complain when they are hurled back. 

You are notoriously absent from almost any thread dealing with the finances and spending policies of this admn and it seems obvious why.     

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2009, 12:08:15 PM »
People post articles all the time about issues, whether it be trade, cap & Trade, taxes, spending, deficits, etc.

Not once or ever do you debate issues, you simply hurl insults and then complain when they are hurled back. 

You are notoriously absent from almost any thread dealing with the finances and spending policies of this admn and it seems obvious why.     

People tend to post things irrelevant to a threads topic and discussion when they have nothing else to say.  Once again you clutter up a thread with unrelated whining and nonsense.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2009, 12:11:22 PM »
People tend to post things irrelevant to a threads topic and discussion when they have nothing else to say.  Once again you clutter up a thread with unrelated whining and nonsense.

Fine, I look forward to debating taxes and cap & trade next time on the merits without being called a RW nut.  ;D 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2009, 12:21:20 PM »
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2009-06-09-poll-parties_N.htm

Poll: Most Don't Know Who Speaks for the GOP

Not surprised.  The GOP is floundering.  No clear message no clear leader.  Democrats are in the same boat.  Obama is the de facto leader, but Democrats aren't unified around a widely accepted message, theme, etc. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2009, 12:32:50 PM »
As has been stated multiple times, on multiple news networks, this is par the course for the minority party. We saw much the same thing four years ago. Nobody could tell you who was running things for the Democrats: Dean? Pelosi? Reid? Clinton?

That's why Obama's emergence shocked everyone.

this is actually pretty different. In 2004, you still had some pretty strong democratic voices. And Obama made his "national debut" at the Dem convention, so he was already a rising star by the time Kerry was defeated. Most assumed Hilary was going to run in 2004 and she was already well-known. 

Three years is a long time and anything can happen, but it is pretty remarkable that there aren't any well-known repub candidates on the national stage right now.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2009, 12:39:58 PM »
this is actually pretty different. In 2004, you still had some pretty strong democratic voices. And Obama made his "national debut" at the Dem convention, so he was already a rising star by the time Kerry was defeated. Most assumed Hilary was going to run in 2004 and she was already well-known. 

Three years is a long time and anything can happen, but it is pretty remarkable that there aren't any well-known repub candidates on the national stage right now.

Please don't interfere with her little delusions with these bad ol' facts and common sense. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2009, 12:51:20 PM »

You're probably right. There probably won't be new leadership until some key concept changes and there's a perceived void to be filled. I don't personally follow it enough to know if any true conservatives are left.

IMO, it depends on how good the economy is in two years. A strong economy benefits someone advocating tax cuts and I have a hard time believing the left would let Obama cut taxes without a fight. They'd rather risk losing than admit tax cuts can help create jobs.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2009, 03:58:14 PM »
Ron Paul...?

People like him and Bob Barr are the only ones who might make me vote Republican again.