Author Topic: started a new diet! got some ?s  (Read 3654 times)

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
Re: started a new diet! got some ?s
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2009, 07:27:43 AM »
The fat intake should actually be lower to moderate on the carb days.  on the carb days you have one simple goal and that is to carb load.  No worries about protein intake and keep your fats at moderate.  Eat lots of oatmeal, spaghetti and marinara sauce, totillas, rice , potatoes, even have pancakes and use maple syrup, not that corn syrup shit.  And supplement your fats, take two 5 gram servings of fish oil, eat a handfull of nuts and get the rest of your fats from a steak.

The way i diet is minimal fat, meaning only trace. I eat 200g/8oz red meat a day, usually pork chops. and that is quite a lean meat.
I used to take a handfull of nuts everyday, but i thought it was stupid as it just added a bunch of extra calories and i needed to cut some out of my diet.

On high days i have skipped the red meat, but added a couple (or 3) of dirty meals, like hamburger or pizza, something like that to get some fat. Of course i also try to eat all the carbs i can see ;D

The fat intake you describe sounds quite "high" to me, would you eat like that on low and high days? a handfull of nuts alone is like 150calories and 15g fat...
tank u jesus

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2009, 08:10:49 AM »
The way i diet is minimal fat, meaning only trace. I eat 200g/8oz red meat a day, usually pork chops. and that is quite a lean meat.
I used to take a handfull of nuts everyday, but i thought it was stupid as it just added a bunch of extra calories and i needed to cut some out of my diet.

On high days i have skipped the red meat, but added a couple (or 3) of dirty meals, like hamburger or pizza, something like that to get some fat. Of course i also try to eat all the carbs i can see ;D

The fat intake you describe sounds quite "high" to me, would you eat like that on low and high days? a handfull of nuts alone is like 150calories and 15g fat...

Going low carb and low fat is surely a disaster for muscle loss.  If you aren't using carbs for energy and aren't using fats, then what's left left?  Protein and your muscles.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2009, 12:46:09 PM »
Going low carb and low fat is surely a disaster for muscle loss.  If you aren't using carbs for energy and aren't using fats, then what's left left?  Protein and your muscles.

bodyfat ???

i had my carbs at 130g on lift days and 90g on off days and it worked quite well, then i got greedy and dropped them to 100g on lift days and 0-60g on off days. i wanted faster fat loss but strength went down a bit and some size too...

I'm upping it back to 130/90g now.
protein 280/240g and only trace fats...
tank u jesus

wannabebig5

• Getbig II
  • 2006 mr.olympia
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2009, 02:14:59 AM »
Alright fellas im at a standstill right now, i went from 222lbs to 208-209lbs and haven't been able to lose for the last 2 weeks.  I lost those 14lbs so fast I thought i would keep losing but now im a little worried.  I bumped my cardio from 30min to 40min but nothing changed.  i am thinking about cutting out dairy now which i was going to wait on for a little while but now im thinking of starting that.  My question is, if i cut out the dairy do i also have to cut out casein protein?  I would think the casein would be okay but i want to make sure.  thank guys and man i feel fine on this diet but getting down to 180-185 is going to take a lot longer than i thought!  i was hoping for 16 weeks but now im think more like 20-24!  oh well ill get there no matter what!  Thanks guys!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2009, 09:56:11 AM »

bodyfat ???

It would be nice if it worked that way  :-\ but unfortunately our bodies hate us   >:(
:

wannabebig5

• Getbig II
  • 2006 mr.olympia
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2009, 04:17:59 AM »
Does anyone have an idea on the dairy question i had a couple posts up?  I havent started trying it yet only because the anabolic diet says using dairy products is fine but i just cant seem to get over this small hump.  I still want to use casein protein though and I want to make sure that isnt part of the cutting out dairy part.  Any ideas or advice?