Author Topic: Donald Trump as new owner of Raw?  (Read 4711 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Donald Trump as new owner of Raw?
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2009, 11:09:09 AM »
The story lines now are getting ridiculous. Bringing in Trump...give me a break. And if you watched raw this past monday, Vince already squashed that story line. Not sure what he was trying to accomplish there. I agree with Mass, the attitude era of the 90's was the best. Guys like Austin, Mankind, The Rock, Angle all wrestling and wrestling through their injuries when they got injured. Not like the clowns now...Batista, Mysterio & Edge wrestle for three weeks and are out for 4 months with an injury.
                               i agree with you pretty much, but don't lump mysterio in with the other clowns. his high risk moves make him more susepticle to injury. i think they should do what the old wcw used to do and open the door to more jobbers seeing the same matches over and over gets stale quick.
F

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2009, 12:29:27 PM »
They could have used this to turn Vince heel, put him into an partnership with Orton against HHH, starting something to go into Wrestlemania, maybe bring Shane in on HHH's side.  It's rehashing an old storyline, but at least it would have allowed them to do a longer build-up to something.  I'm getting tired of having a PPV every 3 weeks, and them not having the time/desire to build any decent rivalries.

Thats the same thing i was just saying the other day to a buddy of mine, Also whos getting sick of seeing HHH vs Orton?? I mean were practically guaranteed a good match but i mean cant we atleast TRY and switch this stuff up????

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2009, 12:48:59 PM »
Thats the same thing i was just saying the other day to a buddy of mine, Also whos getting sick of seeing HHH vs Orton?? I mean were practically guaranteed a good match but i mean cant we atleast TRY and switch this stuff up????

It's just repetitive now, with the PPV's, Special Edition Raw's, and regular weekly Raw's, we must have seen them fight a dozen times since Wrestlemania, in everything from Cage matches to Last Man Standing matches.  There's no build-up, no decent story, nothing for the fan to invest in, which is probably why the PPV buy's are down.

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2009, 02:35:13 PM »
It's just repetitive now, with the PPV's, Special Edition Raw's, and regular weekly Raw's, we must have seen them fight a dozen times since Wrestlemania, in everything from Cage matches to Last Man Standing matches.  There's no build-up, no decent story, nothing for the fan to invest in, which is probably why the PPV buy's are down.

Yep exactly no argument there AT ALL this really sucks and kinda reminds me of when taker and batista were doing the same shit for what seemed like forever, Throw a new face into the title picture its not going to hurt the product anymore than repeating the same shit over and over and over and over and over........ Im honestly thinking about just breaking away from the televised portion of wrestling for a while just to refresh it for myself.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2009, 07:54:04 AM »
Personally I think they should trash the ECW brand. It is NOT the same as the original ECW and without Haymen running it, it stinks. I also think they should mix up the rosters...not just Raw & Smackdown being sperate and segregated. Mix it all up for more variety and different matches and story lines.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2009, 08:10:21 AM »
Personally I think they should trash the ECW brand. It is NOT the same as the original ECW and without Haymen running it, it stinks. I also think they should mix up the rosters...not just Raw & Smackdown being sperate and segregated. Mix it all up for more variety and different matches and story lines.

Definitely.  They missed a trick with the new ECW.  They could have created an edgier, more adult orientated show, allowing the kids stuff to be kept on Raw/Smackdown.  ECW could have been the 'new' Attitute Era style show.