Author Topic: ANYONE KNOW? anxiety related...  (Read 9574 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: ANYONE KNOW? anxiety related...
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2009, 09:59:03 PM »
yeah panic attacks ended up in the ER room twice for hypertensive crisis...
mostly its a non stop fear of impending doom  :(

welcome to the club.

the good news is that you're correct.  in 100 years, everything you know and love will be gone, destroyed, dust.  So you're actually right in this thanatotic death fear thing.  we're all dust, brother.

That being said, if you can remove stressors from your life, managing the fear shit gets easier.  stay busy, find reasons to live, get a job you like, get a girl whos a dirty freak, etc.

I think about death every day, and I dont like it.  but it gets easier as you get older.  You see your idols die, you see loved ones pass, and you know there is a 50% chance it'll be heart failure, or 33% chance cancer gets you.  You know one minute, you'll just lose consciousness forever.

TA said something that helped me a lot... death is something you'll never know, cause you have to have life to know something.  The minute death grabs you, ya never know it, because you're not alive to stress it.

SO yeah, supplements will help, but just accepting your fate and shrugging and enjoying every minute helps a lot too.  Removes that underlying impending feeling that i know all too well.  SSRIs are great as well, but their sides kill everything that is good about life, IMO.  Enjoy that double-edged sword that is your crazy-ass mind.  it hurts you on one side, but it makes your mark in the world too.  You put it in a sheath with meds and you don't feel anything and the world doesn't know you're even there.

Then again, a guy spends his entire life believing he's the king of france, and he's going to be happy every minute of his life.  Sure, he's delusional, but he lives a happy life, so he wins in the end.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2009, 10:50:13 PM »
There's a pretty cool book available a Barnes Knobles called: "The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook" the fourth edition is the most recent. I think it was around twenty bucks.

It helps you to understand why your brain is mis-interpreting sudden surges of adrenaline. Basically you will understand and correct any mistaken beliefs about your health.

There are so many variables and types of anxiety. Hopefully you are not dealing with any depression issues. SSRI's can help, but just kill any cool enthusiasm that you can experience. SSRI's also kill your sex drive.

Xanax at least lets you live. You don't have to believe all the hype about it being so addictive. You can let yourself get addicted to anything if you want to.

If you don't address the underlying issues and find the proper way to cope with anxiety, you can start to become agoraphobic. YOu will be afraid of fear. You will start to avoid the places where you experience panic attacks or anxiety attacks. This is where cognitive behaviour comes in handy.

Sometimes you can just be stressed out of your fucking mind for way to long. You feel invincible and you continue to take on more and more responsibility. You are out to conquer the world. Your mind never rests. Your sleep is not sound (and it doesn't last long)--these things will cause your adrenal glands to overload eventually.

When this happens, you just have to rest. If it took 20 years of intense behaviour patterns, don't expect to be cured of adrenal type anxiety overnight. It may take some time.

Self-help is a good way to start. Don't Google "anxiety" too much though, ironically, it has a way of intensifying your feelings.

Sometimes it can get so bad that intense conversations or movies with a lot of suspense and action can trigger it. You have to learn to clear your mind from time to time. Whether or not meditation techniques will work for you, I don't know.

Sometimes people turn to spirituality or philosophy. The subconscious mind can fuck you over without you knowing it. You may really have to do some type of "introspection" to find out why the hell you can't chill out anymore.

good luck with it all mang!

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2009, 10:58:04 PM »
cognitive behavioral therapy.....

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2009, 11:17:06 PM »
There's a pretty cool book available a Barnes Knobles called: "The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook" the fourth edition is the most recent. I think it was around twenty bucks.

It helps you to understand why your brain is mis-interpreting sudden surges of adrenaline. Basically you will understand and correct any mistaken beliefs about your health.

There are so many variables and types of anxiety. Hopefully you are not dealing with any depression issues. SSRI's can help, but just kill any cool enthusiasm that you can experience. SSRI's also kill your sex drive.

Xanax at least lets you live. You don't have to believe all the hype about it being so addictive. You can let yourself get addicted to anything if you want to.

If you don't address the underlying issues and find the proper way to cope with anxiety, you can start to become agoraphobic. YOu will be afraid of fear. You will start to avoid the places where you experience panic attacks or anxiety attacks. This is where cognitive behaviour comes in handy.

Sometimes you can just be stressed out of your fucking mind for way to long. You feel invincible and you continue to take on more and more responsibility. You are out to conquer the world. Your mind never rests. Your sleep is not sound (and it doesn't last long)--these things will cause your adrenal glands to overload eventually.

When this happens, you just have to rest. If it took 20 years of intense behaviour patterns, don't expect to be cured of adrenal type anxiety overnight. It may take some time.

Self-help is a good way to start. Don't Google "anxiety" too much though, ironically, it has a way of intensifying your feelings.

Sometimes it can get so bad that intense conversations or movies with a lot of suspense and action can trigger it. You have to learn to clear your mind from time to time. Whether or not meditation techniques will work for you, I don't know.

Sometimes people turn to spirituality or philosophy. The subconscious mind can fuck you over without you knowing it. You may really have to do some type of "introspection" to find out why the hell you can't chill out anymore.

good luck with it all mang!

Word, saw transformers tonight and was sweating like a motherfocker.  The statement about becoming slightly agorophobic is true.  I ended up taking a week off from work because it was stressful.  Didn't want to be around people.  When I had to go back to work I began throwing up, having the sweats etc....

I've tried battling it mentally but I'm weak.... gonna hit up the doc for some Xanax again.  At least I could function.
\

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2009, 11:30:20 PM »
Just out of interest, what caused you to get this problem in the first place? Have you previously used esctacy as a rec drug?

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2009, 12:32:58 AM »
Meditation and positive thinking did a lot for me.

I have Xanax for panic attacks but i haven't had one in years.

My stress was similar to yours before i got control of it. I used to lay awake every night worried to death about the smallest things and some days i couldn't eat because of stress and worry. i was just very confused and was not at peace with "myself". Learn to know yourself and love yourself for who you are, meditation clears the mind like nothing else, but it takes a long time to learn it.

Find something to live for...

8)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2009, 12:36:41 AM »
do you also have the feeling ur being followed all the time when you walk outside.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2009, 12:42:56 AM »
There are plenty my brother:

5-HTP is probably the fastest acting and most reliable. 100mg will do the trick. Closely followed by L-tryptophan but make many people sleepy.

GABA is also very helpful but more of "maintenance/long term" supplement but it will really help maintaining your dopamine levels.

Also plenty of fish oil will really help but again, takes a while to kick in.

The nastiest is St-John Wort; very good but hard on the liver and will make your skin photo sensitive.

If you have night anxiety, 3-5mg of melatonin will help.

Hope this helps.

Hold on a sec... I thought 5-htp WAS L-Tryptophan ?!! are they not the same ?!?

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
A

Eisenherz

• Getbig IV
  • Uber oder unter?
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2009, 12:51:50 AM »
Meditation and positive thinking did a lot for me.

I have Xanax for panic attacks but i haven't had one in years.

My stress was similar to yours before i got control of it. I used to lay awake every night worried to death about the smallest things and some days i couldn't eat because of stress and worry. i was just very confused and was not at peace with "myself". Learn to know yourself and love yourself for who you are, meditation clears the mind like nothing else, but it takes a long time to learn it.

Find something to live for...

8)

how often do you meditate? I would give it a go to relieve stress but I'm worried it might just be a waist of time.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2009, 01:08:34 AM »
how often do you meditate? I would give it a go to relieve stress but I'm worried it might just be a waist of time.

If you do learn to meditate, you will do it in the morning and in the afternoon. NEVER before bed. When you truly learn to clear your mind and you come back to the "real world", the last thing you will be able to do is sleep. It's a great way to jumpstart the day and to give you an extra boost in the afternoon.

I can do it once or twice a day and then skip two days. Sometimes the energy from meditation is overwhelming for me. I wouldn't worry about it being a "waste of time"... you've got nothing to lose. Everyone should learn how to clear their minds from time to time. It's kind of like taking out the trash. It has to be done every so often.

Some people just stress more than others, especially those that are hungry for knowledge and accomplishment in life. When you take everything to the limit, you don't learn to chill and be happy. You ever notice people that don't seem to have a care in the world? Sometimes I think they are on to something. Everything in moderation.

Someone asked about drug use. If you have been taking prescription pills for some time- and maybe drinking, smoking, etc. you will have a lot higher chance of getting anxiety. Maybe not in the beginning, but after a time the toxicity builds up and your system tries to protect you from doing farther harm to yourself.

You would be surprised how many people work each day with anxiety, depression, vertigo, panic, weakness, tremors... all that. Some of them have been dealing with it for so long that they just figure it's a part of life and they don't ever say anything to anyone. I know this chick in her early 30's that is afraid to drive. She is single, she is hot, but she doesnt like dating because she hates telling guys she can't drive. She CAN drive, it's just that if it's for more than 20 minutes or so, she gets vertigo.

For the guy who takes Xanax to get through a day of work, I totally understand. I am fine at the gym, doing seminars with crowds, travelling, etc., But, when I have to sit in the office and dispatch a 12 hour day, Xanax is my friend.

I haven't drank coffee since my first anxiety attack. I can drink decaf, but what's the point? No stimulants whatsover. Even Coke Zero fucks with me because of the aspartame.

Life changes. I guess we just deal with it. There are folks who have much much worse lives than we do.

Eisenherz

• Getbig IV
  • Uber oder unter?
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2009, 02:38:36 AM »
I'll dedicate myself to meditation 20 min in the morning then 20 min in the afternoon then, thanks dyslexsic
I liked your analogy of "taking out the trash".

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2009, 06:54:49 AM »
Take some speed.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2009, 06:55:46 AM »
anyone know any natural remedies for anxiety... ???

testosterone.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2009, 07:09:30 AM »
testosterone.

I think a nice combo of coke and heroin injected into his arm should do the trick.

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2009, 08:11:35 AM »

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2009, 08:15:12 AM »
cognitive behavioral therapy.....

Nailed it, forget Nlp,Nac (Tony Robbins),gestalt, freudian etc, CBT has been proven BY FAR as the quickest and most effective way of changing limiting thought patterns.

Anyone who wants the best program for it should look here if they are aware of torrents, only download if you lost your original copy!  ;)

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3508668/Attacking_Anxiety_and_Depression_%5BMidwest_Center_for_Stress_and

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2009, 08:22:50 AM »
I know this isn't going to go over well but uh, not living the bodybuilding lifestyle is a huge help. Lax your diet, find ways to stay lean without eating 6 meals around the clock and worrying about losing mass. For most individuals like myself its an extremely stressful experience and now I just lift heavy and eat what I can and I enjoy life a lot more. It may not bother others, but It was an annoying part of my life I didn't feel was necesary so I learned to relax. Eat reasonable, workout and enjoy life. Stress and anxiety will destroy your body and mental health.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2009, 08:47:51 AM »
Bottle of Jack and an 8ball should help.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2009, 08:54:39 AM »
if your gonna use drugsw to overcome anxiety, use mushrooms. in my opinnion its far superior to any other drug (xanax, valium, etc etc). works better short term, but also has long lasting effects.

meditation is cool. i dont do it very often, although i should.  when i used to meditate, i used to do all sorts of stuff..... like lay down nakey outside on the grasee, with my arms and legs spread out, directly aligned with the sun... put on some ddark sunglass and head phones with some trance music, and just stare right into the sun, but not actually look at the sun, more focus on it but stare at the entire sky through my peripherals.   pretty coooll experience.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2009, 08:54:55 AM »
Fuck...I didn't know St. Johns Wort had so many drawbacks. I take that stuff quite a bit.

its not hard on the liver, it induces the cytochrome p450 enzymes making drugs that are metabolized by this enzyme less effective.

It was recently shown to be a effective treatment for major depression.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2009, 09:01:01 AM »
its not hard on the liver, it induces the cytochrome p450 enzymes making drugs that are metabolized by this enzyme less effective.

It was recently shown to be a effective treatment for major depression.

I stopped taking it after reading A23"s post and the weirdest thing happened,

I've been having trouble sleeping and last night i slept like a rock, my mind wasn't going a million miles an hour like it usually is

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2009, 09:04:44 AM »

I've been having trouble sleeping and last night i slept like a rock, my mind wasn't going a million miles an hour like it usually is

Did you reduce the meth intake before bed too, Groink?  8)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2009, 09:30:12 AM »

the drug does have side effects. It hits pretty much every major neurotransmitter.

I really like it, although it did give me insomnia ::)