Author Topic: Best Posers of All Time  (Read 39176 times)

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Best Posers of All Time
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2005, 03:08:39 AM »
Vince Gironda.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2005, 09:49:10 PM »
One of the best routines I have seen recently was the routine performed by Jose Raymond at the most recent USA Championships in Las Vegas.

It was phenominal and unique and displayed the great physique that he presented on that stage.

Anyone else see it and feel the same?

man from oz

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2005, 09:58:35 PM »
i thought the topic said best POSTERS of all time  ::)

LOL

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2005, 02:03:15 AM »
Vince Taylor
Shawn Ray
Melvin Anthony
Darrem Charles

fillups44

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2005, 09:12:05 PM »
Ed Corney
John Brown
Frank Zane
Bob Paris
Vernon Gauthier (little known Nationals champ who could tear up the stage with his posing)
Vince Taylor--who actually CAN make compulsories as entertaining as most guy's routines
Kevin Levrone
Flavio Baccianini
Federico Focherini--amazingly graceful NABBA Universe winner

I would like to add Tony Pearson but he did get a little TOO into the whole Michael Jackson thing still he started the bodybuiling moonwalk thing--does that make him bad or good???

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2005, 09:37:09 PM »
A guy here whose name is Niko ? is just awesome poser.  Everytime he would pose the crowd went crazy.  I remember the first time I saw him pose.  My mouth was on the ground.  I couldn't believe it.  Every single person was stanging and yelling. He was just awesome and had a great body.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2005, 01:04:03 PM »
There are a few on the stories thread.  I put a few up.  Bill is a good friend of mine so I shared a few stories.

Man you know everybody.  I'd like to sit down and hear some of your stories.  I'll bet you've got some classics.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2005, 01:30:21 PM »
I am very lucky to have met quite a few people.  I tend to become friends pretty easy with just about everyone.  When on a shoot I mingle and observe.  I used to get invited to allot of different things.  I personally always felt out of place cause I am working with very famous people, but luckily most everyone accepted me.  In fact many times I was the center of attention which really made me squirm.

Here is a quick story (yeh right).  At the World Boxing Hall of Fame banquet I was luckily enough to be a guest of honor at I became aquainted with just about every professional boxer alive in 1987.  I mean I sat at dinner betweem Muhammed Ali and Jake LaMotta.  How much better does it get.  Anyway at the end of the night all the inductees went up to the stage and signed autographs.  The people present who were mostly pros themselves and other famous people lined up to get the autographs of the inductees.  Well they had introduced me earlier but then they asked me to accompany the guys up on stage to sign.  My girlfriend at the time (my daughters mom) wanted to leave but had to stay now.

Well, nearly 2 hours later we were done.  My hand was so tired from signing things.  Well Jake and Ali asked me for my autograph.  Inside I couldn't believe it.  Two of the greatest boxers of all time asking me for an autograph.  Anyway, I gave it to them.  I remember exactly whay Ali signed in my program.  He signed his pic. "To the champ"  from the ex-champ  XXXX Muhammed Ali.  Jake just signed "to a true champ" Jake LaMatta.  Needless to say this was a huge highlight of my life.

I had these things and allot of others stored in a unit with Tony Halme in Santa Monica.  Well I moved here then he moved from there and he said his ex had thrown everything away.  I wish I could see Ali just one more time.  He remembered me 3 months after the event when I was in Miami, I wonder if he'd still remember me.  Anway, another story I loved to remember. 

By the way I now on the other boards people make it sound like I am name dropping or maybe bragging.  I am not trying to do that.  I see some of you like tohear this stuff and totell you the truth I am kind of proud and happy I have at least some things I can look back on positively.  Cause god knows I may not have good times like that again.  But I'm not ruling it out.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2005, 08:09:25 AM »
Anyone ever see any of Gironda's old posing videos?  They are amazing to say the least.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2005, 09:52:57 PM »
kevin levrone

no contest

check out O in 02

E

you fuckin queer bait...i just waisted this hours rapid-share download on that piece of shit routine.

and for best posers...i would say melvin anthony.

but as for the best routine ive ever seen.....i really like ronnnies this year, so ithink its either that one, or melvin anthony last year, when he did the routine with the white gloves and white mask..i forget what contest that was though
d[-_-]b actin all cool

tony b

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2005, 09:55:56 PM »
I am very lucky to have met quite a few people.  I tend to become friends pretty easy with just about everyone.  When on a shoot I mingle and observe.  I used to get invited to allot of different things.  I personally always felt out of place cause I am working with very famous people, but luckily most everyone accepted me.  In fact many times I was the center of attention which really made me squirm.

Here is a quick story (yeh right).  At the World Boxing Hall of Fame banquet I was luckily enough to be a guest of honor at I became aquainted with just about every professional boxer alive in 1987.  I mean I sat at dinner betweem Muhammed Ali and Jake LaMotta.  How much better does it get.  Anyway at the end of the night all the inductees went up to the stage and signed autographs.  The people present who were mostly pros themselves and other famous people lined up to get the autographs of the inductees.  Well they had introduced me earlier but then they asked me to accompany the guys up on stage to sign.  My girlfriend at the time (my daughters mom) wanted to leave but had to stay now.

Well, nearly 2 hours later we were done.  My hand was so tired from signing things.  Well Jake and Ali asked me for my autograph.  Inside I couldn't believe it.  Two of the greatest boxers of all time asking me for an autograph.  Anyway, I gave it to them.  I remember exactly whay Ali signed in my program.  He signed his pic. "To the champ"  from the ex-champ  XXXX Muhammed Ali.  Jake just signed "to a true champ" Jake LaMatta.  Needless to say this was a huge highlight of my life.

I had these things and allot of others stored in a unit with Tony Halme in Santa Monica.  Well I moved here then he moved from there and he said his ex had thrown everything away.  I wish I could see Ali just one more time.  He remembered me 3 months after the event when I was in Miami, I wonder if he'd still remember me.  Anway, another story I loved to remember. 

By the way I now on the other boards people make it sound like I am name dropping or maybe bragging.  I am not trying to do that.  I see some of you like tohear this stuff and totell you the truth I am kind of proud and happy I have at least some things I can look back on positively.  Cause god knows I may not have good times like that again.  But I'm not ruling it out.

Hey Keith please write a book

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2005, 10:19:00 AM »
Best posing transitions Ed Corney.
Best posing interpretation,Tom Terwilliger in 1991,when he does a routine where he gets "electrocuted",the detail he put into that was unreal.
Best posing routine Makkawwy.
Best poser to make it look like he`s not posing,Bob Paris.After the 85 Olympia Frank Richards told me that while everyone else pulled faces,shakes and twitches whilst posing,Bob made it look like he wasn`t putting any effort in.Now thats posing.

joelbrandw

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2005, 03:04:46 PM »
I see Ed Corney made the top of many of the forum's users' lists of best posers . . . please check out his new Official website that he and I are putting together.

Thanks - Joel

http://www.EdCorney.net

jem123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2005, 03:48:33 AM »
Ed corney seems to be top of quite a few peoples lists. How many out there actually seen him pose or are they going off a 30 second pumping iron snip and arnolds 'now, Thats what I call posing' quote.

Don't get me wrong. Ed may well have been a great poser but when people say he wins easily I am interested to know how objective they are, especially when there are so many good posers around: Ladrada,anthony,charles,taylor,levrone, Paris, zane.............

joelbrandw

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2005, 06:40:32 AM »
Ed corney seems to be top of quite a few peoples lists. How many out there actually seen him pose or are they going off a 30 second pumping iron snip and Arnold's 'now, Thats what I call posing' quote.

Don't get me wrong. Ed may well have been a great poser but when people say he wins easily I am interested to know how objective they are, especially when there are so many good posers around: Ladrada,anthony,charles,taylor,levrone, Paris, zane.............

You know, you ask a very legitimate and intereting question . . . I too have only seen small snippets of Ed "in action", as well as a lot of still photos of his posing . . . I guess I base my opinion on asking the people who were there and who actually saw him do "his thing" . . . and I'm NOT referring to Arnold's comments in Pumping Iron . . . because honestly, that cutaway in the movie always annoyed me, I'd much rather see more of the Olympia prejudging than see Arnold's reaction shots . . .

Since starting Ed's website, I have heard from MANY who were lucky enough to see his posing routines during the prime of his career.  Here's Reg Park on Ed's routine at the 1977 Olympia: "Never before in my long bodybuilding life have I witnessed similar spontaneous audience reaction"  At one point during Corney's presentation he thought the audience would storm the stage. "Can you believe four thousand excited people on their feet screaming Cor-nee, Cor-nee, Cor-nee? I tell you it was downright frightening". 

Just a few weeks ago I spoke with Danny Padilla and this is what he had to say: "Every time Eddie did a routine he got a standing ovation. All of us get a standing ovation maybe once in our career . . . but boy, Eddie got a standing ovation every time he posed. Eddie was 'the man' when it came to that." 

Ed recently told me that he developed his routine up to the point where he would do five minutes without repeating a single pose.  He would practice for hours a day, months prior to a competition. 

At the Masters' Olympia he got a five minute standing ovation at the Pre-Judging (it wasn't even the night show!) . . . so I guess, like many who weren't there, I defer to those that witnessed his performances. 

I think it's also worth mentioning that the little bit of Ed's posing that they did leave in the final cut of the "Pumping Iron" movie is so majestic and amazing that even though the sequences are so abbreviated, they have left an impression on so many of us for so many years.

- Joel

http://www.EdCorney.net

Glowboy

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2005, 08:45:18 AM »
    John Brown was a great poser.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2005, 09:05:35 PM »
Lots of solid choices here. In no particular order I'll go with:

Rory Leidelmeyer
John Brown
Vince Taylor
Ed Corney
Melvin Anthony
Bob Paris at the 1988 Olympia... the place went crazy and rightfully so.

a

dmorgan41178

• Getbig II
  • Big Big Big!!!
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2005, 10:39:18 AM »
darrem
melvin
frank (texas Tornado)
ed

darrem is classic with dance flair too. he can go slow song artistic posing then pop lock and get the crowd going. I think routines are for displaying physiques and for entertainment. the AC/DC music blasting with 15 variations of the most muscular dont do alot for me. but that is why everyone has different likes. just my 2 pennies
Gonna Beat Em'

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2007, 04:47:03 PM »
iwould add boyer coe to this list

flexnfemme

• Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2007, 10:17:58 PM »
Ed Corney
Frank Zane
RUSTY JEFFERS

Moosejay

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2008, 05:45:56 AM »
Didn't read the whole post, but no list is complete without the addition of Russ testo, Physicque Artist Extraordinaire.

Mike

Moosejay

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2008, 05:47:30 AM »
A guy here whose name is Niko ? is just awesome poser.  Everytime he would pose the crowd went crazy.  I remember the first time I saw him pose.  My mouth was on the ground.  I couldn't believe it.  Every single person was stanging and yelling. He was just awesome and had a great body.

Only...I am sure you have seen Russ Testo. Only guy to be hired by Arnold to guest pose at the Olympia for 4-5 years.

Mike

Slintowin4424

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Seminar May 10 in brea message me for details
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2008, 02:56:11 PM »
You Got to be joking def Melvin Anthony King kamali Shawn Ray and Ed Corney

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2008, 04:40:24 PM »
you fuckin queer bait...i just waisted this hours rapid-share download on that piece of shit routine.

i know you said this two years ago but damn what a stupid comment

E
E

skullcrusher

• Getbig II
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2008, 01:10:14 PM »
 Ed Corney
 Frank Zane
 Serge Nubret
 Robby Robinson