Author Topic: Kaz stories  (Read 49302 times)

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
Kaz stories
« on: July 22, 2005, 05:36:05 AM »
Just wondering if anyone had stories about Bill Kazmier first hand or hear say. Ive always thought that Kaz pound for pound was probably the strongest man to walk the earth.
X

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: Kaz stories
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 12:33:05 PM »
There are a few on the stories thread.  I put a few up.  Bill is a good friend of mine so I shared a few stories.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 01:27:26 PM »
Kieth did you ever hit the gym with him? I've always wondered if his pulling strength was on par with his pushing...I do recall reading that he curled 440 lbs, but that seems almost too amazing to be true...even for Kaz

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 03:48:41 PM »
I actually nev er really trained with him.  we were in the gym together lifting butnever together.  I did see him curl (warmup 1st set) with 100 lb DB like they weighed 5 lbs.  I uswed them to but at least I had to starin a little.  He literally made it look like he had no weight.  I also watched him bench 405 for 20 again like there was maybe 135 on it.  He told me he had done 50 reps with 405 before.  His overall power was unreal but his stamia was equally impressive.  We hung out while he was here but never trained with him.  I think because I didn't want to look like a weakling next to him

reichsfuehrer SS

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 07:14:50 PM »
you're both monsters, i remember hearing about him grabbing a pair of 165's off the dumbbell rack, cleaning them to his shoulders and pressing them for 5 or 6 reps.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 08:38:00 PM »
He actually had the record for pressing 150's for I think it was 50.  But a black cop beat that record at the ASC in 2003.  I was standing with Kaz when the guy did it.  This guy was big but nothing like Kaz.  It was amazing.  SO 165's I see noproblem for him to do that.

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2005, 05:48:18 AM »
Only,

Any chance you might repost those stores on Kaz?  The size of his forearms makes me kinda quesy those fuckers are unreal!!!
X

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2005, 08:20:49 AM »
Some of Kaz's Feats:

Career Statistics

These are just a few of his accomplishments in his life.

Junior National Powerlifting Champion-275 Pound Class-(760-512-760-2033) in 1978

Senior National Powerlifting Champion-275 Pound Class-(782-534-804-2121) in 1978

World Record-Bench Press-Superheavyweight-617 in 1979

World's Strongest Man Contest-Third in 1979

World Powerlifting Champion-Superheavyweight-(865-622-804-2292) in 1979

World Record-Bench Press-Superheavyweight-622 in 1979

Strongbow Superman Contest-Winner-374 Clean and Jerk, 837 Deadlift, 120sX17 Dumbell Press in 1980

World Record-Bench Press-Superheavyweight-634 in 1980

World Record-56 lb. Weight Toss Over Bar-Scottish Highland Games-Height: 16 feet and 3 inches in 1980

World's Strongest Man Contest-Winner in 1980

Powerlifting Competition-Best Squat-Superheavyweight-925 in 1981

World Record-Bench Press-Superheavyweight-639 in 1981

World Record-Bench Press-Superheavyweight-661 in 1981

World Record-Powerlifting Total-Superheavyweight-2424 in 1981

World Record-Dumbell Press in Exhibition-a Pair of 155sX10 repetitions; a Pair of 165sX5 repetitions in 1981

World's Strongest Man Contest-Winner in 1981

World Record-Deadlift-Superheavyweight-887 in 1981

#2 All-Time Squat in World's Strongest Man Competition of 969 pounds in 1981

World's Strongest Man Contest-Winner in 1982

Senior National Powerlifting Champion-Superheavyweight Class-(870-540-837-2248) in 1982

#3 All-Time Deadlift in World's Strongest Man Competition of 1055 pounds in 1982

World Powerlifting Champion-Superheavyweight Class-(848-501-799-2149) in 1983

Powerlifting Exhibition Best Deadlift-Superheavyweight-904 in 1983

World Record-56 lb. Weight Toss Over Bar-Scottish Highland Games-Height: 18 feet and 3 inches in 1984

World Record-Barbell Curl-440 lbs. in 1985

Ultimate Challenge-Runner up in 1987

Le Defi Mark Ten International-Winner in 1987

World Record-Seated Barbell Press-(Previous Record: Chuck Arens-407) Kaz: 448X3 in 1988

Muscle Power Classic-1st Place in 1988

World Record Log Press-375 lbs. in 1988

World's Strongest Man Contest-Runner up in 1988

Pure Strength II Team Competition-1st Place with Stuart Thompson as his partner in 1988

McGloshen Stones-First Man to Ever Lift all Five Stones in Competition in 1988

Louis Cyr Dumbell Side Raise and Hold-(Louis Cyr-88 lbs. in one hand and 97 lbs. in the other); Kaz-89 in one hand and 101 in the other for 6 reps. in 1988

Pure Strength II Team Competition-2nd Place with partner with OD Wilson in 1989
Louis Cyr Dumbell Front Raise and Hold-(Louis Cyr-131 lbs. for 1 rep.); Kaz-210 lbs. for six reps.

World's Strongest Man Competition-4th Place in 1989

#2 All-Time Loglift in World's Strongest Man Competition of 363 pounds in 1989

World Record-Dumbell Press-100 lbs.X40 reps. in 1989

Guinness Book of Records-Member of 10 Man Team that Pulled a 14 ton Tractor and Attached Caravan for 2 Miles

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2005, 08:22:19 AM »

the faucet

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2005, 08:56:53 AM »
this may sound crazy ... but i swear i saw kaz in toronto on thursday...outside young thai on church and richmond ..... this dude was massive and he looked exactly like kaz, except he was smoking and i doubt kaz does that!

keith, make with the stories bro!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2005, 09:30:38 AM »
I liked watching him bend those steel bars during the WSM Comp.

Talk about intensity!

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2005, 10:21:47 AM »
I liked watching him bend those steel bars during the WSM Comp.

Talk about intensity!

Ya until he tore his pec  :-\

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2005, 11:25:29 AM »
Okay here is another long story.  Kazmaier is a good friend and a great guy.  He has come to Hawaii on a few occasions to help me with things I have promoted.  Plus we share the same birthday so we send birthday e-cards to each other.   Anyway, the first time he came here for me was back in 1990 or 91'.  We were promoting the 1st Gold's Gym Bodybuilding Contest here along with a few other promotions including a great tug-a-war contest I was doing.

Well, me and a friend of mine decided to take Bill on a tour of Oahu,  At the time I had a nice 4x4 Bronco.  So, myself and Bill are in the front.  We are driving around and ended up in Waikiki.  We’re driving down Kalakaua Ave, (the street along Waikiki Beach) and was turning left at the zoo.  It was a yellow light. So I went, cause I learned to make rights on yellows.  Well in Waikiki the police drive around in those 3-wheel Cushman buggies.  So I hear a siren behind me.  I go about 100’ and pull into a short driveway next to the zoo.  Now when I get pulled over I like getting out of the car immediately cause it seems to get more respect from the cop.  So I did.  Well I hear this “sir get back into the vehicle” from the little buggy.  I said no it is too small and I want to stand out here.  So now he is a little pissed and he gets out of his buggy.  Then Big Bill gets out.  I swear to god no way in hell this guy weighed more than 135 and was about 5’4” oriental.  I told him don’t worry I am not going to do anything.  He starts to asks us again to get in the car.  Bill now says “I’m not staying in that fucking car you’ll have to handcuff me.”  Well he grabs his radio thing near his shoulder and calls for assistance.  In about 5 seconds I think there was about 4 more of those buggys and 3 or 4 regular cars. There was maybe 12 cops there. First they see me and they all know me.  I have done so many thing here and been on TV and everything so they were all cool to me.  Then they notice Bill.  They went crazy.  They told the little cop guy do you who these guys are and they introduce me and then Bill as the Worlds Strongest Man. The little cop felt so bad.  So now we are on the side of the zoo with a crowd coming together signing autographs for everyone.  They let us go.  It was really funny to see the little guys face when Bill told him he wasn’t going back into the car, cause Bill kind of yelled it at him and sounded mean.

In relation to Bill at the gym.  Everyone couldn’t wait for him to get there to train.  He shows up and we decide to do arms.  So I do my little warm-ups with the girly weights, while Bill goes over nears the end of the rack and picks up the 100’s.  He takes them and does about 20 full biceps curls like they were nothing to warmup.  Eevryone in the gym was standing there with their mouths wide open.  They couldn’t believe it.  The next day he did a little bench.  I asked him how much he can do now and he just said he doesn’t go really heavy right now.  Well he did go up to 405.  the only thing is that he did 30 of them and had more in him.  He told me he has done 50 reps with 405 before.  Unreal.  I felt like a little kid working out with him

I remember the hotel we put him up in was the Tahitian Lanai.  It was one of the oldest hotels in Honolulu and in fact is gone now.  It was all Gold’s Gym was going to pay for.  Well you have to imagine what it looked like.  Very old only two story’s on the beach and very local looking.  Plus it had no A/C and no front doors to close only a screen door.  I never looked inside before.  Bill calls me and tells me he will pay for his own flight home if I don’t get him out of there.  So I ended up having to pay for the Illikai which was about $200 a night rather than the bargin of $75 a night at the Tahitian Lanai.  Oh well Bill is worth the upgrade.

The pics are from the Arnold a couple years ago and the other is from the tug-a-war.  The other guy is Norm Compton who was Stallone bodyguard and Dolly Parton’s.  He also acts a lot.

You know Max you are right.  I am ttying to think while I type.  I can type pretty fast as long as you don't count the mistakes like in typing class.  And no I woudl rather not talk about Kristen and yes she has one of the most incredible bodies.  Hell she was in Playboy.  Plus she took 1st place at the bikini contest I judged. 

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2005, 11:39:41 AM »
Ya until he tore his pec  :-\

If I am not mistaken....did he still continue the competition

the faucet

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2005, 11:46:40 AM »
Okay here is another long story. Kazmaier is a good friend and a great guy. He has come to Hawaii on a few occasions to help me with things I have promoted. Plus we share the same birthday so we send birthday e-cards to each other. Anyway, the first time he came here for me was back in 1990 or 91'. We were promoting the 1st Gold's Gym Bodybuilding Contest here along with a few other promotions including a great tug-a-war contest I was doing.

Well, me and a friend of mine decided to take Bill on a tour of Oahu, At the time I had a nice 4x4 Bronco. So, myself and Bill are in the front. We are driving around and ended up in Waikiki. We’re driving down Kalakaua Ave, (the street along Waikiki Beach) and was turning left at the zoo. It was a yellow light. So I went, cause I learned to make rights on yellows. Well in Waikiki the police drive around in those 3-wheel Cushman buggies. So I hear a siren behind me. I go about 100’ and pull into a short driveway next to the zoo. Now when I get pulled over I like getting out of the car immediately cause it seems to get more respect from the cop. So I did. Well I hear this “sir get back into the vehicle” from the little buggy. I said no it is too small and I want to stand out here. So now he is a little pissed and he gets out of his buggy. Then Big Bill gets out. I swear to god no way in hell this guy weighed more than 135 and was about 5’4” oriental. I told him don’t worry I am not going to do anything. He starts to asks us again to get in the car. Bill now says “I’m not staying in that fucking car you’ll have to handcuff me.” Well he grabs his radio thing near his shoulder and calls for assistance. In about 5 seconds I think there was about 4 more of those buggys and 3 or 4 regular cars. There was maybe 12 cops there. First they see me and they all know me. I have done so many thing here and been on TV and everything so they were all cool to me. Then they notice Bill. They went crazy. They told the little cop guy do you who these guys are and they introduce me and then Bill as the Worlds Strongest Man. The little cop felt so bad. So now we are on the side of the zoo with a crowd coming together signing autographs for everyone. They let us go. It was really funny to see the little guys face when Bill told him he wasn’t going back into the car, cause Bill kind of yelled it at him and sounded mean.

In relation to Bill at the gym. Everyone couldn’t wait for him to get there to train. He shows up and we decide to do arms. So I do my little warm-ups with the girly weights, while Bill goes over nears the end of the rack and picks up the 100’s. He takes them and does about 20 full biceps curls like they were nothing to warmup. Eevryone in the gym was standing there with their mouths wide open. They couldn’t believe it. The next day he did a little bench. I asked him how much he can do now and he just said he doesn’t go really heavy right now. Well he did go up to 405. the only thing is that he did 30 of them and had more in him. He told me he has done 50 reps with 405 before. Unreal. I felt like a little kid working out with him

I remember the hotel we put him up in was the Tahitian Lanai. It was one of the oldest hotels in Honolulu and in fact is gone now. It was all Gold’s Gym was going to pay for. Well you have to imagine what it looked like. Very old only two story’s on the beach and very local looking. Plus it had no A/C and no front doors to close only a screen door. I never looked inside before. Bill calls me and tells me he will pay for his own flight home if I don’t get him out of there. So I ended up having to pay for the Illikai which was about $200 a night rather than the bargin of $75 a night at the Tahitian Lanai. Oh well Bill is worth the upgrade.

The pics are from the Arnold a couple years ago and the other is from the tug-a-war. The other guy is Norm Compton who was Stallone bodyguard and Dolly Parton’s. He also acts a lot.

You know Max you are right. I am ttying to think while I type. I can type pretty fast as long as you don't count the mistakes like in typing class. And no I woudl rather not talk about Kristen and yes she has one of the most incredible bodies. Hell she was in Playboy. Plus she took 1st place at the bikini contest I judged.

thanks bro, much appreciated!

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2005, 12:18:29 PM »
If I am not mistaken....did he still continue the competition

But of course...this is Kaz  ;)

But he never benched more than he could at that point again :'(

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2005, 12:42:29 PM »
who is the strongest in comparison, Mar Henry or Kaz? Kaz says that Henry is the strongest man alive and only operates at 80% of his potential
Scouser on Tour

reichsfuehrer SS

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2005, 03:21:06 PM »
back, leg and hip power goes to Mark Henry, 1000 pound squat, 903 deadlift, 500 pound clean and jerk although Bill isn't far behind, Bill said that if he had the gear the guys have nowadays and with a thicker, longer bar he could have squatted 1100 and with some grip work he felt he could have done 930 or so deadlift, all around pressing power goes to Bill, no contest, i think Mark's top bench was around 525 or 530, Kaz did 661.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2005, 06:44:55 PM »
The thing about Bill like i said is he has endurance and stamina too.  He could lift heavy more than once.  Remember in the WSM when he did the log lift.  He not only beat the old record but he did a few reps.  Just like the 500 lb bench or the 150 lb BD press.  He was strong and it lasted

reichsfuehrer SS

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2005, 07:10:45 PM »
yeah, i remember buying his training booklets around '92 or '93 he had three of them he autographed the bench press booklet, he would do sets of 15 in the offseason on the bench press with as much as 475 or so, his program in the offseason looked like a bodybuilding program.

reichsfuehrer SS

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2005, 07:19:14 PM »
yeah, only, the crazy thing about Bill and the log press in like 81 or 82 i think he did 375 or 380, was that he used no leg drive whatsoever he just pressed it with all shoulder strength, amazing.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2005, 10:45:57 AM »
There was one event where they had to toss kegs into the back of a truck.  Not only were they heavy....but Kaz had the stamina that put the others to shame

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2005, 12:32:24 PM »
That keg thing was definitely the most impressive thinghe did.  I rememebr everyone else walking the kegs over to put them in theback of the truck and Kaz stood there and literally through them from where they were into the back of the truck.  It was unreal how he through the kegs in the air like they were empty.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2005, 01:00:27 PM »
That keg thing was definitely the most impressive thinghe did.  I rememebr everyone else walking the kegs over to put them in theback of the truck and Kaz stood there and literally through them from where they were into the back of the truck.  It was unreal how he through the kegs in the air like they were empty.

If I remember correctly....when they set up that course, they were not expecting anyone to be able to just stand there & toss them.

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2005, 02:25:59 PM »
Does anyone have pics of Bill from WSM.  I remember some of the old episodes from TV, one with his shirt off.  I remember being stunned at his trap development compared to the other guys.