Author Topic: Today's gym society  (Read 2853 times)

jack_ftype

• Getbig II
  • Sans Peur
Re: Today's gym society
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2009, 10:00:35 PM »
lol did a 150 lb twink tell me to fuck off?  I love the internet.   

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2009, 10:14:40 PM »
home gyms are compleatly gay....they are usually built by antisocial misanthropes who hate life, hate people, and hate their own bodies...........i love going to the gym, of course there are assholes there but that is part of the fun of it, looking so much better then they do, .....lift hard, maybe trade a war story or two with your boys, if your lucky spot a milf wearing a unitard on the adductor machine..........its a great social outlet, to me, you would have to be crazy to wanna lift at home. :P :P

Alex23

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2009, 10:17:18 PM »
Another P-Rod Gem.

Lots of touchy subjects brought up here. Gotta go shower and go out for the conveited beerfest at Churchill's but I'll comment on this later.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2009, 10:18:50 PM »
home gyms are compleatly gay....they are usually built by antisocial misanthropes who hate life, hate people, and hate their own bodies

good point "goatboy" trains at home and he hates everything :)

E
E

jack_ftype

• Getbig II
  • Sans Peur
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2009, 10:19:10 PM »
home gyms are compleatly gay....they are usually built by antisocial misanthropes who hate life, hate people, and hate their own bodies...........i love going to the gym, of course there are assholes there but that is part of the fun of it, looking so much better then they do, .....lift hard, maybe trade a war story or two with your boys, if your lucky spot a milf wearing a unitard on the adductor machine..........its a great social outlet, to me, you would have to be crazy to wanna lift at home.

its true, not to mention that its impractical and a good gym is going to have much better equipment anyway

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2009, 10:28:13 PM »
I like going to the gym and have taught myself to ignore the fuckups but the one thing I cannot get over are the bastards that do not wipe off their sweat from the bench, abs, machines, etc.  So I have to wipe 2 fucking times.  >:(

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2009, 10:49:36 PM »
you don't come off as a dickhead

you come off as a tool

PS. Fuck off
lol

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2009, 12:26:07 AM »
I "work out" at home, but it seems from these clips floating around here that the current day gyms are akin to gay clubs of days past.

1. "pro" shows up in tights
2. dudes pet him and call him names like "swole cat" , "big daddy", etc.
3. you grunt while another guy "spots you"
4. you take a shower with that guy

very gay.

yeah, its pretty much like that these days...my gym is very gay, in both literal and figurative sense....but u know, there isn't much one can do - this is the way society is heading....

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2009, 02:18:42 AM »
All I know is judging by a majority of your posts on this board you sure are preoccupied with homosexuals.  Sounds like you'd like a taste of the gay lifestyle yourself.  Probably why you train at home.  If you were to hang out a gym full of gays you might be tempted to join "big daddy" in the steam room. 

No kidding this twink puts workout in quotes because the only workout is another dudes butt. Where do you think the term "power rod" came from, it wasn't from his home workouts on his bowflex.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2009, 02:20:30 AM »
i'm as hardcore as the next guy but let's face this fact:

THE GYM IS A MODERN DAY PICK UP SPOT...and if you let your pride in "being a hardcore lifter" (or whatever) get in the way off using it as a place to score some grade A ass than you are a dumb ass/gay

Agreed. it's called multi-tasking.

I'm as "hardcore"  ::) as they get when it comes to my training, but i don't see what's so difficult about throwing some bass at a fine chicken when you are not in the act of training.

Does it require that much mental energy to concentrate for 40 seconds on your set that you can't think of anything else in between?

It's an act perpetuated by poseurs, or people who are inherently anti-social and use their time at the gym to let everyone know it.

It's funny when you have a 60 second conversation with another person who takes their training serious...you could be right in the middle of laughing about some shit and then,  *Ding-Ding*  both of your mental alarm clocks go off and you drop the convo without a word and do your next set

io856

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2009, 03:19:10 AM »
Agreed. it's called multi-tasking.

I'm as "hardcore"  ::) as they get when it comes to my training, but i don't see what's so difficult about throwing some bass at a fine chicken when you are not in the act of training.

Does it require that much mental energy to concentrate for 40 seconds on your set that you can't think of anything else in between?

It's an act perpetuated by poseurs, or people who are inherently anti-social and use their time at the gym to let everyone know it.

It's funny when you have a 60 second conversation with another person who takes their training serious...you could be right in the middle of laughing about some shit and then,  *Ding-Ding*  both of your mental alarm clocks go off and you drop the convo without a word and do your next set
exactly... its not uncommon for the biggest and strongest in gyms to have a little chat between sets... even before big lifts...

even the pros do...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2009, 03:23:07 AM »
Is the gym really the best place to pick up dates?
I hate the State.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2009, 04:03:10 AM »
home gyms are compleatly gay....they are usually built by antisocial misanthropes who hate life, hate people, and hate their own bodies...........i love going to the gym, of course there are assholes there but that is part of the fun of it, looking so much better then they do, .....lift hard, maybe trade a war story or two with your boys, if your lucky spot a milf wearing a unitard on the adductor machine..........its a great social outlet, to me, you would have to be crazy to wanna lift at home. :P :P

I'm not much for getting pegged like this either.

Working out at home is convenient tho.  No driving, no waiting, rip off protein farts as loud as you want, etc.  The main downside is when people see it and ask you if you ever actually use any of it.

throwing some bass at a fine chicken

Admit it, you just made that up.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2009, 04:17:20 AM »
most people use it as a whole social experience, as its either sit in a pub, sit in with the wife/gf... or sayin this is getbig,bf.. or, its training 4 or so times per week... as i keep saying, u only live once for fucks sake

just cos u dont talk to anyone or grunt like a girl doesnt make u hardcore, just means your a anti social weirdo

and if i were single, you bet id be eyeing up all the fanny, and making an effort in gym attire, the holey T-shirts and old shorts would be dropped pronto......

Lynchie

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2009, 08:44:35 AM »
Been training at home since last year. Have a large basement I've turned into a gym/games room. Have a bench set, Smith machine, hack squat and pec dec in there. I was training in a wicked gym with a bunch of hardcore dudes, but the commute was fucking killing me. I have a few gyms close to me but it's packed with fat girls and sleaze balls so I just train at home instead.

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2009, 08:45:44 AM »
People used to put away weights.

When was this?  :o
Spirit of Truth

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2009, 09:12:36 AM »
Actually what I notice in most gyms lately is most guys there, apparently in a lame attempt to "fit in" have the following:
1. HAIRSTYLE- Must be either crewcut or shaved bald
2. TATTOOS- must have ridiculous tribal ink all over arms, assorted ridiculous designs on back, delts or really hideous lower leg "scumbag look" tats
3. ATTITUDE AND DEMEANOR- Must leave hundreds of pounds on leg press after using, grunt 1 syllable replies to people and use the word Bro a lot. Must flare lats, even if they have none at all times.
4. FACIAL EXPRESSION- Must have a constant absurd, angry "I'm a Cagefighter" look at all times.

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2009, 09:14:39 AM »
Actually what I notice in most gyms lately is most guys there, apparently in a lame attempt to "fit in" have the following:
2. TATTOOS- must have ridiculous tribal ink all over arms, assorted ridiculous designs on back, delts or really hideous lower leg "scumbag look" tats
3. ATTITUDE AND DEMEANOR- Must leave hundreds of pounds on leg press after using, grunt 1 syllable replies to people and use the word Bro a lot. Must flare lats, even if they have none at all times.
4. FACIAL EXPRESSION- Must have a constant absurd, angry "I'm a Cagefighter" look at all times.

Preach preach it! So true!
Spirit of Truth

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2009, 09:18:17 AM »
gyms are not for the timid, brah

at any time someone can run up, flex in your face, and knock you the fuck out

this is animal

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2009, 09:32:22 AM »
Spirit of Truth

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2009, 09:59:28 AM »
Been training at home since last year. Have a large basement I've turned into a gym/games room. Have a bench set, Smith machine, hack squat and pec dec in there. I was training in a wicked gym with a bunch of hardcore dudes, but the commute was fucking killing me. I have a few gyms close to me but it's packed with fat girls and sleaze balls so I just train at home instead.
enjoy it, there s nothing better.

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2009, 10:03:01 AM »

do you prefer training at home or in the "public" gym?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2009, 10:05:58 AM »
I hate the State.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2009, 01:30:06 PM »
do you prefer training at home or in the "public" gym?
Nah..go to public gyms..belong to two, L.A. Fitness and Powerhouse, also where I live at the clubhouse, they have a great gym as well.  Although I've been informed if I don't get my head shaved, get some tats and grow a goatee soon, they might cancel my memberships.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2009, 02:13:17 PM »

Don't forget hats to cover bald spots, LOL!