Author Topic: USA 2 Brazil 0 at half time - and the USA loses  (Read 12871 times)

body88

USA 2 Brazil 0 at half time - and the USA loses
« on: June 28, 2009, 12:19:49 PM »
Imagine if the USA's best athletes played soccer?  GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
Re: USA 2 Brazil 0 at half time
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 12:22:32 PM »
if the best of the best played soccer we would dominate soccer to a point that other countries wouldnt even care for it a much as they do now  8)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 12:23:54 PM »
What's soccer?

body88

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 12:24:02 PM »
if the best of the best player soccer we would dominate soccer to a point that other countries wouldnt even care for it a much as they do now  8)

I don't know about that, but we'd be an elite team year after year no doubt.  Can you imagine if some of the freaks from the NFL and the NBA played soccer?

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 12:24:12 PM »
if the best of the best played soccer we would dominate soccer to a point that other countries wouldnt even care for it a much as they do now  8)

it's all a part of Obama's plan.
Deep Tissue Massage

body88

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 12:24:39 PM »
What's soccer?

Football, but since this board is mostly American, we must call it by it's American name.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 12:29:38 PM »
Great second goal

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 12:30:05 PM »
I don't know about that, but we'd be an elite team year after year no doubt.  Can you imagine if some of the freaks from the NFL and the NBA played soccer?

Yeah I can, the NFL guys would be out of breath after 1 minute and the NBA guys would try to throw the ball into the goal and get thrown out of the game.

body88

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 12:31:49 PM »
Yeah I can, the NFL guys would be out of breath after 1 minute and the NBA guys would try to throw the ball into the goal and get thrown out of the game.

Only a simpleton would think I was referring to taking an athlete from the NBA or the NFL and inserting them directly on to a European football team.  The NFL and the NBA has the premier athletic talent in the world, imo.  Kobe Braynt is an example of an athletic freak who would have been a hell of a soccer player.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 12:33:15 PM »
Only a simpleton would think I was referring to taking an athlete from the NBA or NFL and inserting them directly on to a European football team.  The NFL and the NBA has the premier athletic talent in the world, imo.

Could you imagine if the Olympics allowed American Football and the NFL sent over their dream team?

How ridiculous would the scores be?

Luinitari

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 12:34:49 PM »
USA's best athletes do play soccer.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 12:35:40 PM »
I believe they play other sports in Brazil also. This is just a guess.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 12:36:29 PM »

You now have zero credibility with me.

body88

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2009, 12:40:06 PM »

No.  MLS soccer in the USA is a total joke.  All the athletes go to the MLB, NBA, NHL or NBA....if they don't make it there they get a job, lol.

Brazil just scored!  Pfft.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2009, 12:40:34 PM »
You now have zero credibility with me.

QFT  ;D

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2009, 12:42:54 PM »
Only a simpleton would think I was referring to taking an athlete from the NBA or the NFL and inserting them directly on to a European football team.  The NFL and the NBA has the premier athletic talent in the world, imo.  Kobe Braynt is an example of an athletic freak who would have been a hell of a soccer player.

I don't think Kobe would fare well at soccer. Totally different type of fitness and at his size, running up and down the length of the pitch for 90 minutes wouldn't go too well. He was born to play basketball, I very much doubt he would have been good at soccer. That's before you take into account it's a totally different skill set as well

body88

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2009, 12:45:45 PM »
I don't think Kobe would fare well at soccer. Totally different type of fitness and at his size, running up and down the length of the pitch for 90 minutes wouldn't go too well. He was born to play basketball, I very much doubt he would have been good at soccer. That's before you take into account it's a totally different skill set as well

I've read that he was a skilled footballer before basketball.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2009, 12:46:55 PM »

As if running up and down a basketball court for 45+ minutes is really much different.  ::)

Soccer sucks.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2009, 12:47:12 PM »

I've seen him kick the basketball in the air with his feet in between plays; Steve Nash does the same thing sometimes.

The Karate Kid, aka Daniel LaRusso did it also in one of his movies.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2009, 12:47:39 PM »

Really?? Wow, that's interesting. Where did you see that? I find it so hard to imagine him playing football

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2009, 12:48:40 PM »
:D ::)

kobe is THE premier athlete in the world right now

imagine kobe , TO, etc playing soccer lol

the americans would dominate and would whoop anyone

THE BEST TALENT IN THE WORLD GOES TO NBA, NFL, MLB AND HOCKEY

anyone with a diff oppinion is a retard

body88

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2009, 12:48:56 PM »
Really?? Wow, that's interesting. Where did you see that? I find it so hard to imagine him playing football

Kobe grew up in Italy.  He's a huge soccer fan.  Google it up.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2009, 12:49:20 PM »
As if running up and down a basketball court for 45+ minutes is really much different.  ::)

Soccer sucks.

You'd be surprised. Basketball is short bursts, soccer is constant movement.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2009, 12:50:35 PM »
:D ::)

kobe is THE premier athlete in the world right now

imagine kobe , TO, etc playing soccer lol

the americans would dominate and would whoop anyone

THE BEST TALENT IN THE WORLD GOES TO NBA, NFL, MLB AND HOCKEY

anyone with a diff oppinion is a retard

I never disputed his athletic ability. The guy is a freak. What I'm saying is, he is in the sport that he was made for. He wouldn't fare as well in football imo

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2009, 12:50:58 PM »
You'd be surprised. Basketball is short bursts, soccer is constant movement.

Good one. Most soccer players spend the majority of the games walking around with their hands on their waists. They'll chase a ball for 20 feet and then leave it for the next guy to get it.

I think banging bodies with 220+ pound guys while dribbling a ball and moving non-stop for 45+ minutes like Kobe does is just as difficult as jogging around a pitch for 90 minutes.

God forbid they touch bodies in soccer too. Guy gets tapped on the shoulder and he's flopping around on the ground looking for a yellow card. What a crappy sport. Only entertaining during the world cup.