Author Topic: trouble getting dumbbells up and shoulder pain  (Read 968 times)

salvageinc

• Getbig I
trouble getting dumbbells up and shoulder pain
« on: July 01, 2009, 06:31:25 AM »
I have a trouble getting dumbbells above 45 pounds up when doing chest...Is it just weak arms?? What ways could I improve in this area?? Also when working chest I experience shoulder pain...mainly just a nuisance...is this from not warming them up as well when I work chest?? or should I have this checked out?

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Re: trouble getting dumbbells up and shoulder pain
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 06:59:55 AM »
Work on front delts and triceps as they are crucial to a stronger chest workout.

I suspect (if you are kinda new to lifting) that your shoulder pains are from attempting too heavy of a bench press too many times.  Drop the weight and get more reps..

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 08:16:49 AM »
Doing flat bench or inclines? Pain in both shoulders and only when doing bench/inclines? Only with DB's, not BB's? Sound like you may workout at home.

Do not know if we are being played by this question, but responding anyway:

Pretty simple process, just sit on the end of the bench (for example) bend over and heave/pull the DB's up using the whole upper body. Not just arms involved in this action. You are actually cleaning both DB's high enough to let you fall back on the bench with the DB's coming to rest in the starting pressing position. When DB's become heavier you might have to use the kick-up or standing method. Let me know when you are ready for that.

Pain suggest something may require attention if it happen every time with DB's. A more favorable warm-up time may be needed, with the focus on stretching. Good Luck.
F

salvageinc

• Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 08:48:12 PM »
thanks for the tips  ;D

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 09:03:43 AM »
I don't know what it is but I can't kick up db's for shoulder presses. I either do barbell or machine presses now. If I do db presses I do them standing with a split stance. 60's standing are harder than 90's seated.