Author Topic: ASIAN BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIP - ABBF IN THAILAND  (Read 98359 times)

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
Re: ASIAN BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIP - ABBF IN THAILAND
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2009, 11:41:42 AM »
Hey Bastard,

What is your problem with Sami Al-Haddad..?  did he fuck your mother..? sisters..? or your whole family..?  ???

I really don’t get it, He is a great bodybuilder that follow the same ways to Achieve his goals like other bodybuilders do  8)

yeah drugs but you seem to think your man love Swampi the cocksmith is natural ::) you are a moron and a skinny nothing, you should spend less time masturbating over pictures of oiled up men in thongs and actually go eat and train instead of being swampi's skinny bottom ::) ::)
Thunderdome approved

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2009, 12:02:35 PM »
Tim is probably the only person on this site that actually deserves the expert tag.

I'd disagree in several cases, altho he does know his stuff

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2009, 01:36:35 PM »
I'd disagree in several cases, altho he does know his stuff

cat fight!

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2009, 01:37:35 PM »
cat fight!

not at all
I am just saying there are a few other 'historians ' here

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2009, 01:49:37 PM »
you know, most people from Asia who compete in the IFBB World Amateurs and the Asian Amateurs have no desire to compete in the IFBB Pro League.  For many it would be a significant cut in pay.   Their countries pay them sometimes six figure salaries to compete as an amateur on the international stage.  Who wins this power struggle between Chua and Santonja rests solely on the Asian governments.  If they tell their athletes to compete in this contest, that's what they'll do.
Really?  That's very interesting.  Many of the bodybuilders I know would gladly sacrifice money for the opportunity to compete on "The Big Stage".  That seems to be the Pinnacle of Bodybuilding Achievement for most all competitive bodybuilders.  Key word being most, not all.  I don't know of many athletes that can actually make a living from just competing on the amateur level.  I'm sure there are some but I wouldn't think there would be a great number.  Regardless, I'm really hoping that the event in Pattaya will be a success.  I plan on checking it out if at all possible. I've vacationed in Pattaya many times and this would be an added bonus to be able to catch this event at the same time. 

I do agree with you that the athletes will compete wherever their federations/governments tell them to.  I've heard through the rumor mill that many of the Asian Federations are already on board with the ABBF and in support of this event.  Nothing concrete but just a lot of talk.  Well, I can tell you this much, it has made things a lot more interesting as of late. Lets all wait and see how it plays out. 

If anyone has any additional information on this subject please drop me a line. I'd like to keep this updated on my Facebook page for those who are following.  Thanks.

Pat Turner
Kuwaitbodybuilding.com

asianmyth

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2009, 03:40:21 PM »
you know, most people from Asia who compete in the IFBB World Amateurs and the Asian Amateurs have no desire to compete in the IFBB Pro League.  For many it would be a significant cut in pay.   Their countries pay them sometimes six figure salaries to compete as an amateur on the international stage.  Who wins this power struggle between Chua and Santonja rests solely on the Asian governments.  If they tell their athletes to compete in this contest, that's what they'll do.

ohh really and which country is paying 6 figure.i know only ali tabraize and kamal got payed by Qatar bbf but not even close to six figures.where u heard this type of rumors.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2009, 08:15:24 PM »
ohh really and which country is paying 6 figure.i know only ali tabraize and kamal got payed by Qatar bbf but not even close to six figures.where u heard this type of rumors.

many southeast asian countries pay salaries to their athletes, and bonuses for winning medals

Atlantic

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2009, 09:44:06 PM »
wasn’t this show suppose to be in Iran
what happened Iran and Chua are not allied anymore??!!

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2009, 12:54:27 AM »
wasn’t this show suppose to be in Iran
what happened Iran and Chua are not allied anymore??!!

I think it was moved to Thailand because of the political situation in Iran at the moment
Thunderdome approved

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2009, 01:14:42 AM »
Really?  That's very interesting.  Many of the bodybuilders I know would gladly sacrifice money for the opportunity to compete on "The Big Stage".  That seems to be the Pinnacle of Bodybuilding Achievement for most all competitive bodybuilders.  Key word being most, not all.  I don't know of many athletes that can actually make a living from just competing on the amateur level.  I'm sure there are some but I wouldn't think there would be a great number.  Regardless, I'm really hoping that the event in Pattaya will be a success.  I plan on checking it out if at all possible. I've vacationed in Pattaya many times and this would be an added bonus to be able to catch this event at the same time. 

I do agree with you that the athletes will compete wherever their federations/governments tell them to.  I've heard through the rumor mill that many of the Asian Federations are already on board with the ABBF and in support of this event.  Nothing concrete but just a lot of talk.  Well, I can tell you this much, it has made things a lot more interesting as of late. Lets all wait and see how it plays out. 

If anyone has any additional information on this subject please drop me a line. I'd like to keep this updated on my Facebook page for those who are following.  Thanks.

Pat Turner
Kuwaitbodybuilding.com
Hey Pat.
Are AAS legal in kuwait?

asianmyth

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2009, 01:38:35 AM »
many southeast asian countries pay salaries to their athletes, and bonuses for winning medals

i am talking about six figure.even they are on salary it must be in pennies.why u guys creat so much hype about thing u dont know.please update us if any of asian bodybuilder is on salary from his government.

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2009, 02:46:50 AM »
i am talking about six figure.even they are on salary it must be in pennies.why u guys creat so much hype about thing u dont know.please update us if any of asian bodybuilder is on salary from his government.

i dont believe these Asian governments pay a lot of money/salaries to bodybuilders for winning medals, perhaps some middle eastern countries might but I dont think its very much, perhaps if they win a gold medal or something! where i live, in Asia, the top bodybuilder has been given money but really not a lot, under 5K USD, for winning a gold medal, but the money was given was part of a program to support elite athletes who compete internationally, this bodybuilder makes most of his living training people and selling gear, he has been suspended by the IFBB for failing drug test and had to pay a fine to reduce his suspension, so that and buying drugs is where his money bonus went, that money was also from tax payers ::)
Thunderdome approved

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2009, 04:57:26 AM »
Hey Pat.
Are AAS legal in kuwait?

No AAS are not legal in Kuwait.  The reason why most people think they are legal is because the enforcement of the laws prohibiting their sale, without prescription, is so lax. You can pretty much go into most pharmacies and ask for what you want. That is not limited to AAS but for most any prescription medication.  I have to say that it seems to be getting better. (when I say better I mean more strict) 

Just about every gym has their crew of suppliers.  Imagine if in the U.S. AAS were Illegal (which they are) but the enforcement against the purchase, use or sale of them was pretty much the last thing law enforcement was concerned about.  I've seen guys in Kuwait pull out their AAS right there in the gym without hesitation. 

I hope that answers your question.

Pat

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2009, 05:25:08 AM »

This "Expert"  ::)has no proof.

WEIBK

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2009, 05:30:38 AM »
I think it was moved to Thailand because of the political situation in Iran at the moment

DEAR SCHMOE BUSTER, HOW ARE YOU, HOPE YOU ARE DOING WELL. YOU ARE RIGHT, DUE TO THE RECENT SITUATION IN IRAN, ABBF EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMEBERS DECIDED TO MOVE THE CHAMPIONSHIP TO THAILAND AFTER AGREEMENT OF THE NATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE, AND BODYBUILDING FEDERATION OF IRAN, AND THEY FULLY UNDERSTAND, AND AGREED.

WEIBK

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2009, 05:44:54 AM »
i dont believe these Asian governments pay a lot of money/salaries to bodybuilders for winning medals, perhaps some middle eastern countries might but I dont think its very much, perhaps if they win a gold medal or something! where i live, in Asia, the top bodybuilder has been given money but really not a lot, under 5K USD, for winning a gold medal, but the money was given was part of a program to support elite athletes who compete internationally, this bodybuilder makes most of his living training people and selling gear, he has been suspended by the IFBB for failing drug test and had to pay a fine to reduce his suspension, so that and buying drugs is where his money bonus went, that money was also from tax payers ::)

IN SOME RICH COUNTRY WHICH , DON'T HAVE BODYBUILDERS, LIKE QATAR, THEY BUY THEM AS THEY DID WHEN THEY BUY ALI TABRIZI FROM IRAN, AND KAMAL ABDULSALAM FROM LYBIA AND QATAR FEDERATION PAY THEM MONTHLY SALARY NOT LESS THAN 3000 US $ + CAR + ACCOMMODATION, AND CASH MONEY IF THEY WIN:
1. GOLD MEDAL IN ARAB CHAMPIONSHIP = 15000 US $
2.   "        "       "  ASIA       "              = 20000 US $
3.   "        "       "  WOLD      "              = 25000 US $
4. ASIAN GMAES                                = 250000 - 500000 US $
THEY ARE RICH AND WANTS TO REACH TO THE TOP, NOT ONLY IN THE SPORT OF BODYBUILDING IN OTHER SPORTS LIKE:
*  BASKETBALL.
*  FOOTBALL
*  ATHELTES
*  HANDBALL
*  WEIGHTLIFTING, AND OTHERS.
BEST WISHES AND RESPECT.

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2009, 06:45:00 AM »
Look on the bright side pat … u might have 2 different organizations with the eligibility to cross without getting band … not at this stage … but u never know how this thing might go in the future

Yeah, that would be great. I really don't see that happening anytime soon. Heck, the most I'm hoping for at this stage is that the ABBF can get its feet off the ground with a few good/successful competitions.  It is something to hope for though.  Like they say,"Keep hope alive!"

Pat

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2009, 06:47:57 AM »
IN SOME RICH COUNTRY WHICH , DON'T HAVE BODYBUILDERS, LIKE QATAR, THEY BUY THEM AS THEY DID WHEN THEY BUY ALI TABRIZI FROM IRAN, AND KAMAL ABDULSALAM FROM LYBIA AND QATAR FEDERATION PAY THEM MONTHLY SALARY NOT LESS THAN 3000 US $ + CAR + ACCOMMODATION, AND CASH MONEY IF THEY WIN:
2.   "        "       "  ASIA       "              = 20000 US $
3.   "        "       "  WOLD      "              = 25000 US $
THEY ARE RICH AND WANTS TO REACH TO THE TOP, NOT ONLY IN THE SPORT OF BODYBUILDING IN OTHER SPORTS LIKE:
*  BASKETBALL.
*  FOOTBALL
*  ATHELTES
*  HANDBALL
BEST WISHES AND RESPECT.

Good post, Webcke.....
No doubt about it...

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2009, 08:17:59 AM »
*  BASKETBALL.
*  FOOTBALL
*  ATHELTES
*  HANDBALL
BEST WISHES AND RESPECT.

Hi WEIBK how are you? i am fine! I did not know Qatar paid so much for athletes, of course I knew they bought athletes but those are good salaries and bonuses for bodybuilders. In my post i was refering to my country which is in Asia but very very small, most of the bodybuilders here work as trainers and sell steroids.
Thunderdome approved

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2009, 08:29:23 AM »
Hi WEIBK how are you? i am fine! I did not know Qatar paid so much for athletes, of course I knew they bought athletes but those are good salaries and bonuses for bodybuilders. In my post i was refering to my country which is in Asia but very very small, most of the bodybuilders here work as trainers and sell steroids.

Schmoe,  you're from Asia? I never would have guessed that. Where exactly are you from, if you don't mind me asking. If you'd rather not say I can understand.

Pat

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2009, 05:52:11 PM »
No AAS are not legal in Kuwait.  The reason why most people think they are legal is because the enforcement of the laws prohibiting their sale, without prescription, is so lax. You can pretty much go into most pharmacies and ask for what you want. That is not limited to AAS but for most any prescription medication.  I have to say that it seems to be getting better. (when I say better I mean more strict) 

Just about every gym has their crew of suppliers.  Imagine if in the U.S. AAS were Illegal (which they are) but the enforcement against the purchase, use or sale of them was pretty much the last thing law enforcement was concerned about.  I've seen guys in Kuwait pull out their AAS right there in the gym without hesitation. 

I hope that answers your question.

Pat
Yes , thank you mate  :)

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2009, 08:13:57 PM »
*  BASKETBALL.
*  FOOTBALL
*  ATHELTES
*  HANDBALL
BEST WISHES AND RESPECT.

The most salary was given by Bahrain federation as they paid their bbers US$2700/month for a complete year to prepare for Asian games in 06 and World Championship in 07 … the reduced it a bit in 08 to US$2200/month … and the reward for winning are not Standard in Bahrain but are pretty good … houses + jobs + car and so on

As for Qatar … they provided accommodation + US$1500 per month all year long (nothing more) and they did nearly 3-4 shows a year … of course their traveling expenses with their spouses to the host country + accommodation + pocket money was all taken care off

However the reward for the Winning the Overall World Championship in 06 was 250000 Dirham … which sums to US$66000 … in 08 they paid Kamal US$133000 for winning his weight class only … which was handed to him by Rafael as he was there for the Qatar Gold Cup (where Kamal Also took home another check for US$27,000 for winning that show)

In Saudi it is not like that … the bbers are lucky if they get chosen to compete and then they have to prepare from their own pocket and even if they win … they don’t get shit … 

Amateur bbers will lose a lot of endorsement from what they get from their federations … and even if their federation doesn’t pay them they at least get the travel expenses + the allowance to compete in the IFBB as without the good wills of their local federation they can’t compete

Turning pro is a dream to a lot of people who don’t know the field …but once they compete they know that it is totally a different ball game and they come back like what happened with Kamal and Shahat who are multiple time world champion but didn’t do well with the big dogs when they turned pro … most of it goes to back of now knowing how to deal with eh pro ranks … and don’t understand how the judging system takes place … even in the amateur rank … 99% of the bbers don’t know how a show id judged … they just know pre-judging and final (and a lot of people think that during the prejudging placing are determined of 75% of the judging is done – wich is nothing farther from the truth)

WEIBK

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2009, 08:52:36 PM »

The most salary was given by Bahrain federation as they paid their bbers US$2700/month for a complete year to prepare for Asian games in 06 and World Championship in 07 … the reduced it a bit in 08 to US$2200/month … and the reward for winning are not Standard in Bahrain but are pretty good … houses + jobs + car and so on

As for Qatar … they provided accommodation + US$1500 per month all year long (nothing more) and they did nearly 3-4 shows a year … of course their traveling expenses with their spouses to the host country + accommodation + pocket money was all taken care off

However the reward for the Winning the Overall World Championship in 06 was 250000 Dirham … which sums to US$66000 … in 08 they paid Kamal US$133000 for winning his weight class only … which was handed to him by Rafael as he was there for the Qatar Gold Cup (where Kamal Also took home another check for US$27,000 for winning that show)

In Saudi it is not like that … the bbers are lucky if they get chosen to compete and then they have to prepare from their own pocket and even if they win … they don’t get shit … 

Amateur bbers will lose a lot of endorsement from what they get from their federations … and even if their federation doesn’t pay them they at least get the travel expenses + the allowance to compete in the IFBB as without the good wills of their local federation they can’t compete

Turning pro is a dream to a lot of people who don’t know the field …but once they compete they know that it is totally a different ball game and they come back like what happened with Kamal and Shahat who are multiple time world champion but didn’t do well with the big dogs when they turned pro … most of it goes to back of now knowing how to deal with eh pro ranks … and don’t understand how the judging system takes place … even in the amateur rank … 99% of the bbers don’t know how a show id judged … they just know pre-judging and final (and a lot of people think that during the prejudging placing are determined of 75% of the judging is done – wich is nothing farther from the truth)

SORRY MR. AMINI, I DISAGREE WITH YOU, THAT BAHRAIN FEDERATION PAID US$ 2700 / MONTH / ATHELTE. AND FOR HOW MANY MONTH, AND, FOR HOW MANY ATHELETS? IF IT WAS A FULL TEAM ,IT IS  A HUGE BADGET, AND BY THE WAY WHAT THE BAHRAIN BB TEAM ACHEIVED IN ASIAN GAMES 2006 FROM THIS BIG SUPPORT?

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2009, 10:58:20 PM »
Y do u disagree ... r u from Bahrain  :o ... but the top guys got what i mentioned + the others got a bit less ... in asian games they got gold & silver as i remember

WEIBK

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2009, 11:10:54 PM »
Y do u disagree ... r u from Bahrain  :o ... but the top guys got what i mentioned + the others got a bit less ... in asian games they got gold & silver as i remember

I AM FROM SOUTH EAST ASIA, AND GOT THE INFORMATION FROM BODYBUILDER FROM BAHREIN.