Author Topic: ASIAN BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIP - ABBF IN THAILAND  (Read 99148 times)

WEIBK

• Getbig III
Re: ASIAN BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIP - ABBF IN THAILAND
« Reply #175 on: July 25, 2009, 11:48:33 PM »
This is why they enter the IFBB Asian championships, higher chance of a medal

YOU ARE RIGHT, MY FREIND, AND NEW COMMITTEE FOR ASIAN BB FEDERATION ELECTED AND AS FOLLOWS:

President-Shaikh Abdullah Bin Rasid Ali Khalifa  Bahrain
Executive Vice President-Ifrahim Kafood             Qatar
General Secretary-Sanyay More                         India
Vice President  -Jeff                                      Sri lanka
Treasurer-      Name not announced               Bahrain

Vice presidents from Korea,Japan Palestine Kuwait Qatar and China will be announced in Few Days.

IF YOU SEE FROM THE ABOVE ONLY VERY FEW OFFICIALS ATTENDED, FOR THIS REASON ALL THE POSITION ARE VACANT. TODAY WILL BE THE FINAL AND SAMI FROM BAHRAIN WILL PARTICIPATE IN THE EVENT.

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #176 on: July 26, 2009, 12:20:54 PM »
YOU ARE RIGHT, MY FREIND, AND NEW COMMITTEE FOR ASIAN BB FEDERATION ELECTED AND AS FOLLOWS:

Vice presidents from Korea,Japan Palestine Kuwait Qatar and China will be announced in Few Days.

IF YOU SEE FROM THE ABOVE ONLY VERY FEW OFFICIALS ATTENDED, FOR THIS REASON ALL THE POSITION ARE VACANT. TODAY WILL BE THE FINAL AND SAMI FROM BAHRAIN WILL PARTICIPATE IN THE EVENT.

What happened to Kuwait? I thought they were sending a team to India?

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #177 on: July 26, 2009, 01:37:43 PM »

Swampi the cocksmith al hadad competing just shows how pathetic this contest is, he is supposed to be banned for life by the IFBB ::)
Thunderdome approved

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #178 on: July 26, 2009, 01:38:45 PM »
Swampi the cocksmith al hadad competing just shows how pathetic this contest is, he is supposed to be banned for life by the IFBB ::)
We'll need Chick to investigate :o

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #179 on: July 26, 2009, 01:50:07 PM »
Does anyone know what the benfit would be for Sami to compete and lets say win in India. Will this somehow advance him in his pursuit of competing in the Pro League? I've been out of the loop for  minute and just getting wind of all the current info. I'm in Sri Lanka and just managed to get my Internet going. Thanks.

Pat

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #180 on: July 26, 2009, 02:43:27 PM »
Does anyone know what the benfit would be for Sami to compete and lets say win in India. Will this somehow advance him in his pursuit of competing in the Pro League?

there is only one person that decides whether Sami can compete in the IFBB Pro League, Jim Manion.

dickmclaren

• Getbig II
« Reply #181 on: July 26, 2009, 06:15:35 PM »

After Bahrain paid Rafael under the table......everything is possible!!!

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #182 on: July 27, 2009, 02:05:30 AM »
Does anyone know how much Bahrain paid?

Last time UAE paid US$130000 to have one of their people as a president

I don’t think sami will go to pro as he is getting paid from his federation.  The top amateurs make more money than 95% of the pros & with this line up any one can be a top guy and get compensated by his country.  It is a great chance for any Asian Bodybuilder; but for how long

I'm not sure how much Sami or other athletes in his situation get paid by their Federations but I'm sure there are plenty of athletes that would gladly sacrifice that money for the chance to make it on the big stage. After all, we all know that the IFBB Pro League is the Pinnacle of Bodybuilding and the end goal of most aspiring bodybuilders.  I would be willing to bet that Sami would take his shot if given the chance. IMHO.

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #183 on: July 27, 2009, 02:11:06 AM »
After Bahrain paid Rafael under the table......everything is possible!!!

Spot on, Swampi and Bahrain federation bought the way out of the lifetime ban
Thunderdome approved

dickmclaren

• Getbig II
« Reply #184 on: July 27, 2009, 03:52:02 AM »
BREAKING NEWS!!

WEIBK

• Getbig III
« Reply #185 on: July 27, 2009, 05:44:22 AM »
BREAKING NEWS!!

DEAR ALL IF YOU REMEMEBR, WHEN I WROTE THAT THERE WILL BE VERY BIG SUPRISE, I MENTIONED ONCE, AND NOW DICKMCLAREN ANNOUNCED THE 2ND ONE, THE 3RD BIG SUPRISE ON THE WAY, WHICH WILL BE FOR THE BENEFIT OF, BODYBUILDING SPORT IN THE WORLD. GOD IS GREAT, AND THE RIGHT NEVER DISAPEAR, BUT THE WRONG WILL EXPOSE AT ANY TIME.
THOSE COUNTRIES PARTICIPATED IN MR. ASIA IN INDIA WILL BE SUSPENDED FROM ASIAN BEACH GAMES IN OMAN 2010.
GREAT VICTORY ,FOR ASIAN NATIONS, AND FOR ABBF, AND GREAT DISAPIONTENT FOR IFBB AND IT'S SUPPORTED COUNTRIES.

WEIBK

• Getbig III
« Reply #186 on: July 27, 2009, 07:08:27 AM »
BREAKING NEWS!!

Date: Monday, 27 July, 2009

Dear Fellow Members of ABBF

The IFBB did not pay heed or respect the advice of the Olympic Council of Asia and they went ahead and INSTALLED their own REGIME  to rival with the legal organization under the leadership of Mr. Osama Alshafar of the ABBF purposely setting up a parallel group in Asia to divide and rule and to DESTROY bodybuilding which we founded over 50 years ago.

You can now see the true colour of this man called Rafael Santonja and his "yes sir" followers; he is doing more harm than good.  He is sabotaging the East Asian Games in Hong kong and now he is creating mischief to disturb and
confuse the Asian society.
 Please remain calm and do not be disturbed by his nonsense and the so called IFBB ASIA....this will not work.  We have strong backing from over 30 countries and we are the LEGITIMATE FEDERATION as recognized by Their National Olympic Committee, and OLYMPIC COUNCIL OF ASIA.

It is ridiculous that that the IFBB Asian federation accepts individual official as representing a country and some countries which has no official registered federations are being roped into their organization to show numbers.

The IFBB itself does not follow their rules which states clearly that members must show proof of the organization's acceptance by their Ministry of Sport, or National Olympic Committee, that they are the sole recognized national sport governing body for the sport of
bodybuilding and fitness within their country.  Refer to their Article 15.2.

Since their leader Rafael Santonja and his subjects are dumb and never respond to our letters, we should also ignore them completely.

Their cowardly and irresponsible actions should be exposed to the world at large.

We will discuss all these at the coming Congress on 13th August, 2009 in Pattaya, Thailand and send a clear message to them.

ABBF Executive Members.

WEIBK

• Getbig III
« Reply #187 on: July 27, 2009, 07:25:44 AM »
DEAR ALL SORRY FOR THESE LONG STATEMENT, BUT IT IS THE FACTS AND THE TRUTH.

Bodies flex muscles in feud

07/23/2009 10:38 PM | By Alaric Gomes, Senior Reporter
Allegations and counter-allegations have been flying around for the past few months. Osama Al Shafar, President of the Asian Bodybuilding Federation, charges that the International Federation of Bodybuilders (IFBB), the world governing body for the sport, is not even recognised by the International Olympic Committee.

In defence, William Tierney, IFBB Assistant General Secretary, has sent in a letter clearly stating that the IFBB is the "sole international federation for the sport of bodybuilding and fitness".

But the issue is much larger than meets the eye. Based on documents and statements made available to us, we put forward both points of view..
"There is no international federation governing the Asian Bodybuilding Federation (ABBF) and as far as we know the International Federation of Bodybuilders (IFBB) is not even recognised or registered," Osama Al Shafar, ABBF President told Gulf News.
"To be recognised, you have to be registered. If the IFBB was registered, then everyone would have recognised them. Maybe, when they register themselves as a body, member countries will recognise them.
"The International Olympic Committee (IOC) recognises the ABBF.
"The IFBB keeps sending threatening letters to Arab countries telling them that if they compete or attend meetings with the ABBF, they risk the chance of being suspended for life. How can they do this? They are not recognised themselves, and in addition, they have a big case pending against them and their authority to govern the sport," charged Al Shafar.
"The IFBB office in Madrid run by Rafael Santoja [IFBB president] looks more like a small grocery store."
Al Shafar further stated that the IFBB, established in 1946 and based in Canada under then president Ben Weider, was scheduled to be moved to Madrid and registered thereafter.

"Our lawyers have found out that the IFBB is not even a registered body and hence the question of them not recognising the ABBF does not arise," he noted.
Al Shafar was elected as ABBF president in October 2007 in Shanghai, China. Since then, bodybuilding has witnessed a sudden boost, thanks mainly to Al Shafar taking a keen interest in guiding the sport to new levels.
"The IFBB could not stomach our success at the Asian level so they tried to destabilise the ABBF by suspending us on grounds that do not even hold good.
"They are trying to find fault with us because of the case we've filed against them in London. They've gone crazy," Al Shafar fumed.
"They suspended us due to doping cases going back to 2005. How can the IFBB hold me responsible for things that happened even before I was elected. [Abdullah Khalaf] Al Ka'abi [of Qatar] was the ABBF president and they should hold him responsible," Al Shafar said.
Al Shafar, who is also president of the Emirates Bodybuilding Federation (EBBF) further stated that the IFBB is in the process of creating a parallel body at the Asian level during the course of the ongoing Asian Bodybuilding Championship currently being held in Aurangabad, India (July 23-29).
In its latest communication, the IFBB has upheld its decision to provisionally suspend, pending a hearing, all ABBF executive members.
In a letter addressed to all National Olympic Committees, William Tierney, IFBB Assistant General Secretary, has held that Paul Chua (Singapore), Simo Chan (Hong Kong), Mohammad Abdul Rahim Abdullah (Bahrain), Hussain Ahmad Ali Al Saffar (UAE) and Amir Bayat (Iran) have all been suspended.
The IFBB letter clarifies that "the suspension does not affect the IFBB recognition of Asian national federations which are constitutionally members of the IFBB".
The IFBB letter further states that they are "currently investigating a massive doping positive result in the UAE where 12 bodybuilders tested positive in out-of-competition controls conducted by the UAENOC [UAE National Olympic Committee] in June 2009".
The world governing body for the sport has charged some individuals led by Chua of conducting a slanderous and libellous campaign of misinformation against the IFBB.
"Mr Chua and his associates, al under provisional suspension, believe they can violate IFBB, WADA [World Anti-Doping Agency] and OCA [Olympic Council of Asia] rules, ignore suspension orders and continue to operate by organising international competitions; all the while believing themselves above these same rules and code," the IFBB letter states.
Tierney has advised all Asian countries to stay away from the competition being organised by the ABBF in Bangkok from August 11-17. This competition, the letter states, "is not approved, sanctioned or recognised".

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #188 on: July 27, 2009, 10:24:12 AM »
According to several Facebook pages Sami Al Haddad and Raed Fuad, from Bahrain, both won gold medals at the Asian Championships (IFBB) in India.  Raed won in the 100kg+ catagory and Sami in the 100kg class.  Congratulations to both.

Pat

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #189 on: July 27, 2009, 11:56:22 AM »
According to several Facebook pages Sami Al Haddad and Raed Fuad, from Bahrain, both won gold medals at the Asian Championships (IFBB) in India.  Raed won in the 100kg+ catagory and Sami in the 100kg class.  Congratulations to both.

Pat

Pat, how many athletes were in their weight class and were they drug tested? whats a Gold medal if their are only a few guys in the weight class, we know Swampi is a habitual drug chest but i bet he wasnt tested ::)
Thunderdome approved

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #190 on: July 27, 2009, 12:15:17 PM »
Pat, how many athletes were in their weight class and were they drug tested? whats a Gold medal if their are only a few guys in the weight class, we know Swampi is a habitual drug chest but i bet he wasnt tested ::)

I'm not sure right now but as soon as I find out any details I'll make sure to put them up.  I do know that four Bahraini Athletes made it to the finals on the last day.  Actually, Bahrain may have only taken four athletes.  Anyway, I'll post whatever info I can get. 

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #191 on: July 27, 2009, 12:17:03 PM »
I'm not sure right now but as soon as I find out any details I'll make sure to put them up.  I do know that four Bahraini Athletes made it to the finals on the last day.  Actually, Bahrain may have only taken four athletes.  Anyway, I'll post whatever info I can get. 

Well there was what 6 countries competing, we all know Bahrain will pay for placings and the ignoring of drug tests ::)
Thunderdome approved

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #192 on: July 27, 2009, 01:33:41 PM »
Well there was what 6 countries competing, we all know Bahrain will pay for placings and the ignoring of drug tests ::)
Somehow I think Chick may have something to do with this.

WEIBK

• Getbig III
« Reply #193 on: July 27, 2009, 08:47:02 PM »

DEAR SCHMOE BUSTER YOU ARE RIGHT, GREAT CHAMPIONSHIP, HAHAHAHAHAH ,ONLY 6 COUNTRIES PARTICIPATED IN ELECTORAL CHAMPIONSHIP, WHICH WAS NOT LEGAL AND AGAINST THE CONSTITUTION ( 2/3 OF THE AFFILLIATED FEDERATION NEEDED TO HAVE ELECTORAL CONGRESS ), AND EACH CATEGORY ABOPUT 2 -3.
QATAR FEDERATION SPENDS HUGE AMMOUNT OF MONEY TO MAKE THIS ECENT SUCCESSFUL, IN SPITE THEY BROUGTH 2 GUEST POSERS, BUT UNFORTUNITLY FAILED. DO YOU HAVE MUCH QATAR SPEND, MORE THAN 1.000.000 US4. CRAZY PEOPLE, HAVE MONEY BUT THEEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO SPEND.
COUNTRIES PRESENT IN THE EVENT:
KUWAIT = NO FEDERATION (ILLEGAL) NO VOTE
QATAR   = YES
BAHRAIN = YES (ONE OT THE ATHELET BANNED FOR LIFE) ILLEGAL NO VOTE
KOREA    = YES
JAPAN     = YES
SRILANKA = YES (NOT STRONG TEAM)
 TAJIKSTAN = NO ATHELTE
UZBEKISTAN = NO FEDERATIO ONLY POWERLIFTING FEDERATION.ILLEGAL NO VOTE
Palestine      = NO ATHELETE
 AZARBAIJAN = NOT FROM ASIA (EURORPE) ILLEGAL NO VOTE
INDIA           = YES

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #194 on: July 27, 2009, 08:58:52 PM »
GREAT CHAMPIONSHIP, HAHAHAHAHAH ,ONLY 6 COUNTRIES PARTICIPATED IN ELECTORAL CHAMPIONSHIP, WHICH WAS NOT LEGAL

too bad 5, 10, 20 years from now, no one will remember the controversy.  but the results will still be recorded as the IFBB Asian Amateur Championships

and please stop with the illegal crap, unless you can site national or international criminal or civil law that is supposedly being broken.

WEIBK

• Getbig III
« Reply #195 on: July 27, 2009, 09:07:29 PM »
too bad 5, 10, 20 years from now, no one will remember the controversy.  but the results will still be recorded as the IFBB Asian Amateur Championships

and please stop with the illegal crap, unless you can site national or international criminal or civil law that is supposedly being broken.

VERY SOON MY FREIND YOU WILL HEAR A BIG SHOCK NEWS. PLEASE WAIT AND SEE.I DON'T TAKE ANY SIDE, BUT TALK THE FACTS AND TRUTH. YOUR OPINION RESPECTED.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #196 on: July 27, 2009, 09:13:28 PM »
VERY SOON MY FREIND YOU WILL HEAR A BIG SHOCK NEWS. PLEASE WAIT AND SEE. I DON'T TAKE ANY SIDE, BUT TALK THE FACTS AND TRUTH. YOUR OPINION RESPECTED.

bs

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #197 on: July 27, 2009, 10:57:35 PM »

Tim I agree, I dont see how it can be illegal to run a bodybuilding contest, It doesnt really matter that the IFBB is not recognized by the Olympic council of Asia, bodybuilding is not an Olympic sport and quite frankly I doubt it ever will be. Sure the ABBF is recognized by OCA but at the end of the day what does it really matter.
Thunderdome approved

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #198 on: July 27, 2009, 11:53:43 PM »
Anyone ever get those annoying emails from the nigerians who have trillions of dollars worth of cash waiting in your name?  Weike sounds exactly like them.

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #199 on: July 28, 2009, 04:13:17 AM »
Info taken from Thaibody.com:

According to the organizing committee, bodybuilding world champion Ali Tabrizi from Iran has been confirmed to be competing in the 2009 Multi Asian Championships held in Pattaya, Thailand next month. It is said that this year he will be entering the Super Heavyweight category for the first time.