Author Topic: China & India refuse to go along with USA on climate emissions.  (Read 3897 times)

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Re: China & India refuse to go along with USA on climate emissions.
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2009, 11:29:51 AM »
Without China being on board, pollution punishing policies are near pointless. As the article says, they are now #1 in emissions.

Climate change is not nearly as exact as politicians are pushing.  Steevo, there has actually been a cooling trend across the globe in the last decade (hence climate change rather than global warming)...but these things happen in cycles.  Many scientists dispute the assertion that man made CO2 causes significant warming.  Many experts believe climate cycles are mainly determined by the sun (and interaction with the earth's oceans).  We need more real scientific debate without the politics or promise of funding.

Idiot.  It's a scientific consensus that climate change is being helped along by fossil fuel burning which is a man made cause.  All national academies of science in every single industrialized nation reach a consensus on this and it means that it's pretty fu*king true. 

Abandon every hope...

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2009, 11:34:52 AM »
Idiot.  It's a scientific consensus that climate change is being helped along by fossil fuel burning which is a man made cause.  All national academies of science in every single industrialized nation reach a consensus on this and it means that it's pretty fu*king true. 

You call him an Idiot, got news for you genius, science is not about consensus! It's about can a thoery be proven or not, otherwise it just a theory. Guys like you are gonna make Al Gore rich.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2009, 11:44:22 AM »
You call him an Idiot, got news for you genius, science is not about consensus! It's about can a thoery be proven or not, otherwise it just a theory. Guys like you are gonna make Al Gore rich.

So you're telling me you are smarter and more knowledgeable than those scientists who study this and reach that consensus? Haha nice one buddy! Your opinion really matters.  read the facts from the majority of those in the know.  Then you shall know.  You know? hahahaha Moron.
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2009, 11:45:24 AM »

Complete rubbish.  The evidence is becoming clearer by the damn day that "Global Warming" is a complete lie.   

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2009, 11:47:22 AM »
Complete rubbish.  The evidence is becoming clearer by the damn day that "Global Warming" is a complete lie.   

Evidence from who?

There is evidence from every single industrialized nation's science academies and they all agree on this.  Except you don't.  So i guess you are right and a majority of scientists are wrong.
Abandon every hope...

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2009, 11:49:45 AM »
Acid rain acid rain!

Killer bees, killer bees!

Asteroid will hit earth!

Sun is getting closer to Earth!

Sun is shrinking!

Swine flu pandemic!

Global warming!

No Global cooling!

Climate change!

::)

And I thought I only had LIONS, TIGERS and BEARS to worry about,... OH MY!!!
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2009, 11:51:42 AM »
Evidence from who?

There is evidence from every single industrialized nation's science academies and they all agree on this.  Except you don't.  So i guess you are right and a majority of scientists are wrong.

No they dont, thats complete nonsense.  Al Gore has already been proven wrong on almost everything he has said. 

The entire global warming hysteria is a fading cult and its followers are getting more desperate by the day to try to prove their false lies. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2009, 11:52:34 AM »
So you're telling me you are smarter and more knowledgeable than those scientists who study this and reach that consensus? Haha nice one buddy! Your opinion really matters.  read the facts from the majority of those in the know.  Then you shall know.  You know? hahahaha Moron.

Please assclown, if you had a spec of intelligence you would have done a little investigation and found that manipulated data was used and the so called hockey stick is a bunch of bullshit. If you were in the know, you would also know that since 2001 the tempature has stayed constant yet CO2 levels have increased. Care to try to explain that?  Got a hint for ya go outside and look up you will see this big yellow ball in the sky called the Sun, its what determins how hot or cold the earth is.

Lets try this another way, If I can get enough people to together and get a conscensus that you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground will you accept that as fact?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2009, 11:54:02 AM »

Please assclown, if you had a spec of intelligence you would have done a little investigation and found that manipulated data was used and the so called hockey stick is a bunch of bullshit. If you were in the know, you would also know that since 2001 the tempature has stayed constant yet CO2 levels have increased. Care to try to explain that?  Got a hint for ya go outside and look up you will see this big yellow ball in the sky called the Sun, its what determins how hot or cold the earth is.

Lets try this another way, If I can get enough people to together and get a conscensus that you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground will you accept that as fact?

Here is a small list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scientists_opposing_the_mainstream_scientific_assessment_of_global_warming

the_steevo_uk

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2009, 11:55:20 AM »
No they dont, thats complete nonsense.  Al Gore has already been proven wrong on almost everything he has said. 

The entire global warming hysteria is a fading cult and its followers are getting more desperate by the day to try to prove their false lies. 

thats not actually true...I think the only country I know of where people still question global warming in large numbers is in the united states (don't quote me on that but its my experience as someonone that travels a lot). and it certainly wasn't al gore who convinced them, most europeans were sold to global warming by the early 90's. I'll be honest with you mate, if you turned up in England (and Israel actually) and told people global warming was a hoax you'd probably get laughed at, it's that ingrained.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2009, 11:58:47 AM »
Los Angeles is overly polluted because it sits in a valley thus shielding it from any wind currents that could move the smog off the top. Same thing in Mexico city and same thing in Denver.

So what's your point??? If the mountain ranges weren't there the pollution would be even more so of a problem in California and Nevada
C

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2009, 11:59:54 AM »
Before you start shouting idiot, realize that there are also prominent scientists who have come out against man made CO2 as a significant contribution to global warming and more in the past year or two.  I have obviously not looked into this myself as I am an MD, not a geologist, but I have seen reports in the past year of larger groups of scientists disputing this claim.  I also watched a very impressive documentary on this topic...it was about an hour long with interviews with many prominent scientists.

Again, I am not saying I specifically disagree with the premise, but it concerns me that there is such political consensus when you hear more scientists in the past year disagree with the theory of man made CO2 causing global warming.  The goal to reduce polution is noble, as is the persuit of alternative energy but as 33386 said, you don't penalyze people/business (disproportionally) if we aren't absolutely certain...and also if there aren't necessary alternatives at this time.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2009, 12:01:55 PM »
thats not actually true...I think the only country I know of where people still question global warming in large numbers is in the united states (don't quote me on that but its my experience as someonone that travels a lot). and it certainly wasn't al gore who convinced them, most europeans were sold to global warming by the early 90's. I'll be honest with you mate, if you turned up in England (and Israel actually) and told people global warming was a hoax you'd probably get laughed at, it's that ingrained.

Oh don't be fooled they are trying to do the same in the US, global warming this, green that, without a shred of proof that man has anything to do with it. It's gotten so bad that once the temp stopped increasing they changes from "global warming" to "climate change". Kinda conventient that when your theory falls appart you change it to a catch all name so no matter what happens, gets hotter, gets colder, more rain, less rain its climate change. The UN has been trying to push this bullshit since 1968.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2009, 12:04:19 PM »

Global Warming by most measures ended in 1998. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2009, 12:10:26 PM »
Here you go kcballer...so much for your idiot claim.  Only true idiots refuse to look into alternative points of views. 

U. S. Senate report: scientists refute global warming claims
January 05, 2009

U. S. Senate Minority Report: More Than 650 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims
Scientists Continue to Debunk “Consensus” in 2008

Over 650 dissenting scientists from around the globe challenged man-made global warming claims made by the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and former Vice President Al Gore. This new 231-page U.S. Senate Minority Report -- updated from 2007’s groundbreaking report of over 400 scientists who voiced skepticism about the so-called global warming “consensus” -- features the skeptical voices of over 650 prominent international scientists, including many current and former UN IPCC scientists, who have now turned against the UN IPCC. This updated report includes an additional 250 (and growing) scientists and climate researchers since the initial release in December 2007.  The over 650 dissenting scientists are more than 12 times the number of UN scientists (52) who authored the media-hyped IPCC 2007 Summary for Policymakers.

The chorus of skeptical scientific voices grow louder in 2008 as a steady stream of peer-reviewed studies, analyses, real world data and inconvenient developments challenged the UN’s and former Vice President Al Gore's claims that the "science is settled" and there is a "consensus." On a range of issues, 2008 proved to be challenging for the promoters of man-made climate fears.  Promoters of anthropogenic warming fears endured the following: Global temperatures failing to warm; Peer-reviewed studies predicting a continued lack of warming;  a failed attempt to revive the discredited “Hockey Stick”; inconvenient developments and studies regarding rising CO2; the Spotless Sun; Clouds; Antarctica; the Arctic; Greenland’s ice; Mount Kilimanjaro; Global sea ice; Causes of Hurricanes; Extreme Storms; Extinctions; Floods; Droughts; Ocean Acidification; Polar Bears; Extreme weather deaths; Frogs; lack of atmospheric dust; Malaria; the failure of oceans to warm and rise as predicted.   

In addition, the following developments further secured 2008 as the year the “consensus” collapsed.  Russian scientists “rejected the very idea that carbon dioxide may be responsible for global warming”. An American Physical Society editor conceded that a “considerable presence” of scientific skeptics exists.  An International team of scientists countered the UN IPCC, declaring: “Nature, Not Human Activity, Rules the Climate”.  India Issued a report challenging global warming fears.  International Scientists demanded the UN IPCC “be called to account and cease its deceptive practices,” and a canvass of more than 51,000 Canadian scientists revealed 68% disagree that global warming science is “settled.”   

This new report issued by the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee's office of the GOP Ranking Member is the latest evidence of the growing groundswell of scientific opposition challenging significant aspects of the claims of the UN IPCC and Al Gore. Scientific meetings are now being dominated by a growing number of skeptical scientists. The prestigious International Geological Congress, dubbed the geologists' equivalent of the Olympic Games, was held in Norway in August 2008 and prominently featured the voices of scientists skeptical of man-made global warming fears. [See: Skeptical scientists overwhelm conference: '2/3 of presenters and question-askers were hostile to, even dismissive of, the UN IPCC'

Even the mainstream media has begun to take notice of the expanding number of scientists serving as “consensus busters.” A November 25, 2008, article in Politico noted that a “growing accumulation” of science is challenging warming fears, and added that the “science behind global warming may still be too shaky to warrant cap-and-trade legislation.” Canada’s National Post noted on October 20, 2008, that “the number of climate change skeptics is growing rapidly.” New York Times environmental reporter Andrew Revkin noted on March 6, 2008, "As we all know, climate science is not a numbers game (there are heaps of signed statements by folks with advanced degrees on all sides of this issue)," Revkin wrote. (LINK) In 2007, Washington Post Staff Writer Juliet Eilperin conceded the obvious, writing that climate skeptics "appear to be expanding rather than shrinking."

Skeptical scientists are gaining recognition despite what many say is a bias against them in parts of the scientific community and are facing significant funding disadvantages. Dr. William M. Briggs, a climate statistician who serves on the American Meteorological Society's Probability and Statistics Committee, explained that his colleagues described “absolute horror stories of what happened to them when they tried getting papers published that explored non-‘consensus’ views.” In a March 4, 2008, report Briggs described the behavior as “really outrageous and unethical … on the parts of some editors. I was shocked

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2009, 12:23:53 PM »
Australia is reexamining its commitment to fighting global warming as well.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124597505076157449.html

Too bad for Gore
Z

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2009, 12:28:56 PM »

Idiot? hahaha

Boy are you late in the game.  30,000 scientists  want to challenge the global warming theory, Get with the program and don't be such a sucker.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2009, 12:32:17 PM »
Idiot? hahaha

Boy are you late in the game. 30,000 scientists want to challenge the global warming theory, Get with the program and don't be such a sucker.

The whole "green" "global warming" "climate change" movement is nothing more than a religious cult.

They exhibit all fo the traits of a cult and are now getting desperate as their false religion is being proven to be based on false data. 

Its actually painfull emotionally for these people to even consider that there is even the possibility that Global Warming is not true since they have so much invested in this.     

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2009, 12:54:55 PM »
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2009, 01:10:12 PM »

"In April, the Polish Academy of Sciences published a document challenging man-made global warming. In the Czech Republic, where President Vaclav Klaus remains a leading skeptic, today only 11% of the population believes humans play a role. In France, President Nicolas Sarkozy wants to tap Claude Allegre to lead the country's new ministry of industry and innovation. Twenty years ago Mr. Allegre was among the first to trill about man-made global warming, but the geochemist has since recanted. New Zealand last year elected a new government, which immediately suspended the country's weeks-old cap-and-trade program.

The number of skeptics, far from shrinking, is swelling. Oklahoma Sen. Jim Inhofe now counts more than 700 scientists who disagree with the U.N. -- 13 times the number who authored the U.N.'s 2007 climate summary for policymakers."

So much for your idea that every country's scientific bodies agree with man made global warming.