Author Topic: Depression ... Does this exist?  (Read 7216 times)

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
Re: Depression ... Does this exist?
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2009, 12:24:15 PM »
Duck, Dump and Donald Lawrence won't be seen around because Gary wants to hear his voice, but Duck might climb up in the tree next to the church in her camo suit with binoculars. She's a persistent bugger  >:(

Will there be Ducktales on the T.V.? woo hooo!! I take Clonazepam for depression, Keppra for Epilepsy and Ritalin to pay attention!! WOOO WOOO!!!
D

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2009, 07:22:29 PM »
You are either a GENIUS OR BATSHIT...Everyone else will be forgotten worker ants... ;)

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
Re: Depression
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2009, 10:51:40 PM »

Or they could just become a Xanor/Xanax addict! :D

not for depression, either way this thread starter is an idiot.

jt
TEAM Nasser

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2009, 09:01:12 AM »
bump for liberalismo who hates science

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2009, 09:42:27 AM »

Not even going to bother to read this thread.

'Clinical depression'  ::) exists, because it enables pharmaceutical companies to sell people a whole lot of daily-use medications that they don't actually need.

Truth.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2009, 03:50:00 AM »
you must not read the literature then because there have been a couple studies showing it effective for MDD, and in a head to head RCT with prozac, it lowered depressive symptoms and was tolerated better.

quite a ridiculous statement

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11939866

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2009, 05:41:12 AM »
i listened to some guy on dennis miller's show whose kid had depression.

from what his kid went through, it seems very real.

but there's a difference between being depressed because you're ugly, don't get laid, broke, etc. and having clinical depression (wanting to kill yourself because you fail at some simple tasks, etc.)

Yes. Some people are basically born with difficient brain chemistry. This cannot be underestimated, as it differs greatly from simply being down about something that has actually happened in your life.

Some people have great lives, but have always been depressed, and don't know why, and can't imagine ever getting better, because there is no external reason. That is when it's scary.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2009, 05:51:45 AM »
Does this exist?

I cant get my head around the whole idea of it.

Or is it exaccerbated by medication other factors etc?

there is transient sadness

and deep deep depression...which is chemical and necessatates intervention

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2009, 07:33:58 AM »
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11939866

the sensitivity of that study blows nuts, not to mention the new studies contradict it and there are handfuls of small trials in the past showing its efficacy.

also in your study zoloft was worse then placebo, so using your logic based on this crappy review, zoloft=useless

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2009, 01:52:17 PM »
the sensitivity of that study blows nuts, not to mention the new studies contradict it and there are handfuls of small trials in the past showing its efficacy.

also in your study zoloft was worse then placebo, so using your logic based on this crappy review, zoloft=useless

If you use St. Johns wart and it helps then maybe it does, or maybe it doesn't. It definitely doesn't work for me.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2009, 04:15:26 PM »

If you use St. Johns wart and it helps then maybe it does, or maybe it doesn't. It definitely doesn't work for me.

no science says it works and works better then ssris....

that is all, sure they dont work for some but it is a very good drug with less sides the zoloft for instance, you made a ridiculous claim that it has been proven to not work, which is patently false, that is all

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2009, 04:13:34 AM »
no science says it works and works better then ssris....

that is all, sure they dont work for some but it is a very good drug with less sides the zoloft for instance, you made a ridiculous claim that it has been proven to not work, which is patently false, that is all

Now you're pushing it. "Science" doesn't say anything, specific studies say certain things. Do you have proof that "most" studies, I.E. a total consensus supports the idea that St. Johns wart works better than SSRI's?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2009, 06:52:49 PM »

Now you're pushing it. "Science" doesn't say anything, specific studies say certain things. Do you have proof that "most" studies, I.E. a total consensus supports the idea that St. Johns wart works better than SSRI's?

science is the method of gaining knowledge or facts. Studies are how we gain this info. the current literature supports the contention that ssris are at best just as effective as SJW and worse wrt side effects. On top of that there are some possible data manipulation issues with ssris surfacing.

so the studies that have been conducted comparing them head to head are in favor of SJW. SSRIS however have been studied more extensively.

you were wrong, just admit as such and move along. You seem to hate alternative medicine yet lack knowledge of it.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2009, 03:59:35 AM »
science is the method of gaining knowledge or facts. Studies are how we gain this info. the current literature supports the contention that ssris are at best just as effective as SJW and worse wrt side effects. On top of that there are some possible data manipulation issues with ssris surfacing.

so the studies that have been conducted comparing them head to head are in favor of SJW. SSRIS however have been studied more extensively.

you were wrong, just admit as such and move along. You seem to hate alternative medicine yet lack knowledge of it.

Millions of people take SSRIs with good results. This has been studied.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2009, 04:52:01 AM »
Millions of people take SSRIs with good results. This has been studied.

the problem with SSRIs is that they work..but they cause other issues...excessive tiredness...weight gain...constipation and a whole slew of ''other'' physical problems..so while you may be happy..you are a fat bastard that can't shit and when you do sit on the pot you fall asleep.
footloose and fancy free