Author Topic: Former Monsanto VP May Be Named To Head FDA Safety Working Group  (Read 1367 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Former Monsanto VP May Be Named To Head FDA Safety Working Group
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2009, 02:27:03 PM »
It's business. Like they're the only company doing it.  ::)

Why don't you check out what China's been doing to Africa the last few years.
That's true, it's the nature of the beast.  Many companies out there without any sense of morality, all over the world. I just like to pick on Monsanto because they excel at it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2009, 02:34:21 PM »
Hugo, because I deal with the whole industry hatred every day. BST does nothing except hormanally induce cows to give more milk. It is a specific hormone, you could inject it straight into your system and nothing would happen. You wouldn't die of cancer in three days, grow an extra pecker or anything else along those lines.

I have used rBST as a management tool. Good stuff. Makes you get about 6-8% more milk for about 6 bucks a pop.

On a related note, if you ever get the chance, go tour the main Monsanto factory back in KC. Pretty cool.
I wouldn't go anywhere near a monsanto factory, thanks but no thanks.  I guess there is contrary material on the subject.  Not shocking when so much money is on the line.  I guess you just have to weigh the info and take a side.  you're in the industry so you have your side.  What about the topic?  Are you ok with this kind of revolving door in government from the industry being regulated?  I'm sure you see the conflict of interest with a guy like this being considered for that job?

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2009, 03:14:14 PM »
I wouldn't go anywhere near a monsanto factory, thanks but no thanks.  I guess there is contrary material on the subject.  Not shocking when so much money is on the line.  I guess you just have to weigh the info and take a side.  you're in the industry so you have your side.  What about the topic?  Are you ok with this kind of revolving door in government from the industry being regulated?  I'm sure you see the conflict of interest with a guy like this being considered for that job?

Ya, I see the issue with this selection. Whether or not this person does a good job, there will be the appearance of impropriety due to their connections.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2009, 11:56:19 PM »
It's business. Like they're the only company doing it.  ::)

Why don't you check out what China's been doing to Africa the last few years.

My point is, they're a symbol for the leeching.

And you're correct.

The Chinamen are going into Africa to steal the riches now.

It's crazy really.

The continent has so much potential, but because there is no trace of real democracy - something a caveman like Samson will deny - the continent is getting anally raped on a constant basis.

In Africa, you could grow crops four-five times a year, without destroying the land.

In comparison, even the most fertile European or US field will seem like a tundra in comparison.

As empty as paradise

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V