Author Topic: shoes  (Read 3139 times)

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
shoes
« on: July 16, 2009, 09:37:23 AM »
so, im entering my first meet in 10 weeks. it's a push/pull. is it worth the $50 - $70 to get lifting shoes or are my chuck taylors ok?

also are lifting shoes constructed the same as wresting shoes?

thanks

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
Re: shoes
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 12:57:05 PM »
All you need is some Converse. I lift in Adidas. The only time I think you should really invest in lifting shoes is for olympic lifts. Some guys use the oly shoes to squat with as well, but really all you need is your chucks.

11venthhour

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 08:19:06 PM »
chucks, unless you are a pro, or be like me and go get the payless version for half the price! i think they are airwalks or something.

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 04:14:54 PM »
chucks, unless you are a pro, or be like me and go get the payless version for half the price! i think they are airwalks or something.

Only problem here is that the cheaper ones aren't built as well on the sides which is a problem if you do a lot of wide-stance stuff.

Other than Chucks the only shoe that I see a lot of powerlifters use is the Metal Squat shoe.  At about $150 I'm not sure if they're worth it though.

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 03:12:19 AM »
dead = chuck's

squat = adistar (my back say thank you yo adistar !)
asstropin

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 10:48:53 AM »
Don't deadlift in any real shoes. go to titan and buy some slippers. It WILL add lbs to your deadlift. CHUCKs are good for squatting.
sept 10th APF

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 07:43:21 PM »
I looooove my addistars!  For benching and squatting. 

Slippers and sand socks for deadlifting.

:)

11venthhour

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 10:27:03 PM »
Only problem here is that the cheaper ones aren't built as well on the sides which is a problem if you do a lot of wide-stance stuff.

Other than Chucks the only shoe that I see a lot of powerlifters use is the Metal Squat shoe.  At about $150 I'm not sure if they're worth it though.

i have not had an issue with my airwalks, but only time will tell. i only really go wide when i squat to the box.

splinterhands

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 11:10:50 AM »
I'm going to get some Chucks this evening.  I'm really just getting to the point that the little details make a difference. 

Update...  I got my Chucks...  They feel...funny...   :-\

I can't wait to try them out deadlifting though.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 12:57:59 AM »

i would pay 500 bucks for my metal shoes if thats what they cost. theyre absolutely amazing.