Author Topic: NRA opposed to Sotomayor - doesn't mean jack...  (Read 1928 times)

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
NRA opposed to Sotomayor - doesn't mean jack...
« on: July 16, 2009, 01:43:55 PM »
The National Rifle Association announced Thursday that it opposes Judge Sonia Sotomayor's nomination to the U.S. Supreme Court.

"We believe any individual who does not agree that the Second Amendment guarantees a fundamental right and who does not respect our God-given right of self-defense should not serve on any court, much less the highest court in the land," said a joint statement by Wayne LaPierre, the NRA executive vice president, and Chris W. Cox, executive director of the NRA's Institute for Legislative Reform.

Opposition to Sotomayor by the powerful gun lobby reflects conservative unease with President Obama's first Supreme Court nominee, but is considered unlikely to prevent her confirmation by the U.S. Senate.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/07/16/sotomayor.hearing/index.html

NRA ain't sh*t fu*k em
Abandon every hope...

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
Re: NRA opposed to Sotomayor - doesn't mean jack...
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 01:45:45 PM »
COULD OF TOLD YOU THAT,,,WHO IS NRA AGAIN they have no power and act like thaty do

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 01:47:32 PM »
COULD OF TOLD YOU THAT,,,WHO IS NRA AGAIN they have no power and act like thaty do

I have bought 5 guns since the election.  Make that 6, I got my GF a 10/22.  Im supporting the economy and registering my opposition to ZERO at the same time. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 01:48:40 PM »
No none at all..... ::)

2 guns.....3 is ahead of me. I think his arsenal is more impressive so I'll have to link up with him when it all goes to shit.
L

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 01:50:13 PM »
I have bought 5 guns since the election.  Make that 6, I got my GF a 10/22.  Im supporting the economy and registering my opposition to ZERO at the same time. 

Good man!  8)
S

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 01:50:57 PM »
No none at all..... ::)

2 guns.....3 is ahead of me. I think his arsenal is more impressive so I'll have to link up with him when it all goes to shit.

I just got a Saiga 12.  Its on the soon to be banned list so I got in under the radar. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 01:53:13 PM »
The National Rifle Association announced Thursday that it opposes Judge Sonia Sotomayor's nomination to the U.S. Supreme Court.

"We believe any individual who does not agree that the Second Amendment guarantees a fundamental right and who does not respect our God-given right of self-defense should not serve on any court, much less the highest court in the land," said a joint statement by Wayne LaPierre, the NRA executive vice president, and Chris W. Cox, executive director of the NRA's Institute for Legislative Reform.

Opposition to Sotomayor by the powerful gun lobby reflects conservative unease with President Obama's first Supreme Court nominee, but is considered unlikely to prevent her confirmation by the U.S. Senate.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/07/16/sotomayor.hearing/index.html

NRA ain't sh*t fu*k em

You liberal dope addicts are utterly amazing:

Explain this to me. 

You think abortion and health care are a right, even though it is not in the constitution. 

BUT

You dont believe individuals have a constitutional right to bear arms which IS IN THE CONSTITUTION. 

How do you rectify that?

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 01:54:02 PM »
Haha gun totting crazies huh?
Abandon every hope...

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 01:56:33 PM »
You liberal dope addicts are utterly amazing:

Explain this to me. 

You think abortion and health care are a right, even though it is not in the constitution. 

BUT

You dont believe individuals have a constitutional right to bear arms which IS IN THE CONSTITUTION. 

How do you rectify that?

Because it's now 2009 not 1787, laws should adapt with their societies. 

What gets me is when people like you question islamic law as backward and outdated yet believe in some antiquated law from the 1700's. 
Abandon every hope...

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 01:58:17 PM »
The NRA is still one of the most powerfull lobies in this country.Please name the last time a candidate ran for office and openly opposed gun rights.There is a reason why they dont.

By the way,the constitution is not antiquated,its the entire foundation of the cuntry.This judge doesnt mean shit.Gun laws will contnue just the way they are.The day they attempt to take them will see an outright civil war in this country.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 01:58:23 PM »
What is that, a shotgun with a mag. How many rounds does it hold. Can u combo em.

Um what exactly is antiquated about it and further...why do u libs always resort to moral equivalency. We're talking a right that protects people, ur talking about sharia law that stones people for not wearing a burka...
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 02:00:19 PM »
Because it's now 2009 not 1787, laws should adapt with their societies. 

What gets me is when people like you question islamic law as backward and outdated yet believe in some antiquated law from the 1700's. 

Thank you for your post.  You are exposed for officially being the dumbest poster on Getbig. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 02:01:20 PM »
What is that, a shotgun with a mag. How many rounds does it hold. Can u combo em.

Um what exactly is antiquated about it and further...why do u libs always resort to moral equivalency. We're talking a right that protects people, ur talking about sharia law that stones people for not wearing a burka...

Oh yes because shooting someone who steals something and cutting off their hand are separate as long as the shooter is american it's fine but gosh what barbarian would take someones hand?
Abandon every hope...

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 02:02:22 PM »
Thank you for your post.  You are exposed for officially being the dumbest poster on Getbig. 

Back to the insults huh? Is it cause you get owned by facts all the time? Science isn't your friend and neither are facts but hey keep denying with your head in the sand.  I'm sure all those repubs will throw you some crumbs at some stage won't they?
Abandon every hope...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 02:04:12 PM »
What facts......u libs can't argue a point to save ur lives. Ur comparing the Constitution to Muslim law and saying that they're the same and equal.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 02:07:24 PM »
Oh yes because shooting someone who steals something and cutting off their hand are separate as long as the shooter is american it's fine but gosh what barbarian would take someones hand?

If someone comes into my home...they're fucking dead. They will either be mauled or blown in half. Ever been to a strict muslim country...my guess is no. Defending my home and family as opposed to stoning a woman because she wants to go to school. That is what ur comparing the Constitution to. If u steal there, u loose ur hand...if u steal here and the person has the a weapon, u could end up shot or dead. The bottom line is that the fault lies with the thief, not the law.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 02:07:41 PM »
Back to the insults huh? Is it cause you get owned by facts all the time? Science isn't your friend and neither are facts but hey keep denying with your head in the sand.  I'm sure all those repubs will throw you some crumbs at some stage won't they?

There is a process to amend the constitution if you believe it is antiquated.  

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 02:07:45 PM »
What facts......u libs can't argue a point to save ur lives. Ur comparing the Constitution to Muslim law and saying that they're the same and equal.

I'm drawing parallels between two antiquated systems of law yes.  It's not hard to do considering both haven't evolved with the times.  
Abandon every hope...

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 02:08:57 PM »
There is a process to amend the constitution if you believe it is antiquated.  

BOOM! This is where i announce running for president.  KCBaller2012!
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 02:09:36 PM »
I'm drawing parallels between two antiquated systems of law yes.  It's not hard to do considering both haven't evolved with the times.  

Our constitution is not antiquated.  

And since when are you more enlightened than Jefferson, Washington, Madison, Adams, etc?  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 02:10:32 PM »
BOOM! This is where i announce running for president.  KCBaller2012!

There is a process.  name a right, call your congress people and get it ratified. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 02:10:40 PM »
Our constitution is not antiquated.  

And since when are you more enlightened than Jefferson, Washington, Madison, Adams, etc?  

Since i have hindsight and was born not in the 1700's.  I dare say that children born 50 years from now will be more enlightened than you or i.

Abandon every hope...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2009, 02:11:03 PM »

The US Constitution is considered one of the most important documents in history....an uncodified law that condons stoning or killing..ISN'T THE SAME IN ANY WAY. Did u fail history?
L

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2009, 02:15:04 PM »
The US Constitution is considered one of the most important documents in history....an uncodified law that condons stoning or killing..ISN'T THE SAME IN ANY WAY. Did u fail history?

One of the most important documents in American history yes, one could argue that sharia law has had a bigger impact than the constitution has so yes i can still draw parallels between them.  Especially when they both are out dated.
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2009, 02:18:11 PM »
One of the most important documents in American history yes, one could argue that sharia law has had a bigger impact than the constitution has so yes i can still draw parallels between them.  Especially when they both are out dated.

Serious, you need to take a history class.