Author Topic: UNBELIEVABLE! CRAIG TITUS LINKED TO MLB STEROIDS SCANDAL  (Read 11798 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: UNBELIEVABLE! CRAIG TITUS LINKED TO MLB STEROIDS SCANDAL
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2009, 04:40:30 PM »
Of course it would survive...the guys would be smaller, maybe not as ripped....but if it were cross the board and an even playing field...what difference would it make?  All relative....

Baseball has survived, so has football, etc
Again - Bodybuilding would go back to the 60's without drugs. No more monsters but more pleasing physiques. It would survive though

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2009, 04:41:38 PM »
Say the IFBB started with rigorous off-season testing. All the bodybuilders would move to NABBA or whatever while the IFBB died. Bodybuilders would have their drugs, no matter what.

Thank you, Nostradamus

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2009, 04:42:16 PM »
Again - Bodybuilding would go back to the 60's without drugs. No more monsters but more pleasing physiques. It would survive though

Glad someone here has some common sense

RJ

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2009, 04:42:23 PM »
Im proud to say hockey does have testing, and there has never been a positive test..Ever.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2009, 04:43:53 PM »
Of course it would survive...the guys would be smaller, maybe not as ripped....but if it were cross the board and an even playing field...what difference would it make?  All relative....

Baseball has survived, so has football, etc

you make a good point chick,..but there would definitely be a major shrinkage in the amount of persons like yourself who make a living from bodybuilding...such as the so-called "gurus"

maybe guys like yourself would survive because you are well-spoken and have some acting ability, but the gurus and supp companies would tank big time

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2009, 04:45:42 PM »
One of the dumbest , most ignorant posts I've seen in a while

So...baseball lives on albeit with poorer performance...but B just folds tent and cant be done?  LOL

I think the same about your posts here.  :D

Bodybuilders will have their drugs no matter what. If bb somehow went clean there would only be memories of what used to be. Less than that doesn't cut it either for fans or those who used to do it with drugs. The difference would be so huge it would be an eyesore to go to a natural show after witnessing drugged bodybuilding. It would literally be painful to watch.

RJ

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2009, 04:47:21 PM »
What do you mean? The supplement companies would sky rocket if steroids were wiped off the earth. Bodybuilding would be just as big I believe without the drugs. Bodybuilding is a carnival act, not really a sport. Thats why back in the 70's allot of competitions were held at carnivals.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2009, 04:48:14 PM »
I think the same about your posts here.  :D

Bodybuilders will have their drugs no matter what. If bb somehow went clean there would only be memories of what used to be. Less than that doesn't cut it either for fans or those who used to do it with drugs. The difference would be so huge it would be an eyesore to go to a natural show after witnessing drugged bodybuilding. It would literally be painful to watch.

There would be an adjustment period, but in the end it is my belief that true fans of the sport would continue to follow it, to follow the best physiques available, even if they didn't have the grandiose of the drug induced ones that came before them.  

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2009, 04:48:48 PM »

It would go back further. How exited would you be if the next bb show featured bodybuilders looking like Eugen Sandow, as the pinnacle, after seeing pro bb as it exists today?

RJ

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2009, 04:48:54 PM »
It just happens I enjoy this carnival act.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2009, 04:50:09 PM »
It would go back further. How exited would you be if the next bb show featured bodybuilders looking like Eugen Sandow, as the pinnacle, after seeing pro bb as it exists today?

Eugene Sandow!!!.....funny ;D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2009, 04:50:30 PM »

you make a good point chick,..but there would definitely be a major shrinkage in the amount of persons like yourself who make a living from bodybuilding...such as the so-called "gurus"

maybe guys like yourself would survive because you are well-spoken and have some acting ability, but the gurus and supp companies would tank big time

Actually, the demand for guru's would increase significantly without the gear...

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2009, 04:50:40 PM »
There would be an adjustment period, but in the end it is my belief that true fans of the sport would continue to follow it, to follow the best physiques available, even if they didn't have the grandiose of the drug induced ones that came before them.  

What is a true fan? I'm a huge fan but I wouldn't give a flying fuck who won the next natural show. I'm not following Layne Nortons show calendar, and even guys on that level use.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2009, 04:52:19 PM »
What is a true fan? I'm a huge fan but I wouldn't give a flying fuck who won the next natural show. I'm not following Layne Nortons show calendar, and even guys on that level use.

So, you're only a BB fan if the drugs are present?

RJ

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2009, 04:53:20 PM »
Ronny Coleman still would of won 8 mr. olympias if steroids never existed. Mr. Chick would still be a pro as well. Steroids dont make a pro bodybuilder, they just enhance there superior god gifted genetics.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2009, 04:53:36 PM »
Actually, the demand for guru's would increase significantly without the gear...

It would be a different type of guru in that case. Seeing as 99% of all "gurus" today are drug connections.  :D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2009, 04:54:12 PM »
What do you mean? The supplement companies would sky rocket if steroids were wiped off the earth. Bodybuilding would be just as big I believe without the drugs. Bodybuilding is a carnival act, not really a sport. Thats why back in the 70's allot of competitions were held at carnivals.

you make a good point but supplement companies make money by selling a DREAM...look at their ads..they have roided -up bodybuilders there for a reason..how come they don't have a 50's bodybuilding type, which is the reality?.......there's no money in selling fitness.....or reasonably attainable physiques.....

you know the old saying...that psychologically, the masses will believe a really BIG lie rather than a small one closer to reality...

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2009, 04:54:25 PM »

I won't deny that drugs play a role, of course they do and it would be reflected in the physiques if they were taken away.  That being said, if you take the most genetically gifted bodybuilders and they compete at a high level, drugs or not, they will still have development well beyond what Joe Public can comprehend.  

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2009, 04:56:05 PM »
So, you're only a BB fan if the drugs are present?

Absolutely. I would still train but why would I be looking at something that is average, something I would see at the gym every day? Bodybuilding is moderately exiting only because of the drugs, because it's so otherworldly. I know many won't admit to this but I'm sure I'm not alone.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2009, 04:57:46 PM »

you make a good point but supplement companies make money by selling a DREAM...look at their ads..they have roided -up bodybuilders there for a reason..how come they don't have a 50's bodybuilding type, which is the reality?.......there's no money in selling fitness.....or reasonably attainable physiques.....

you know the old saying...that psychologically, the masses will believe a really BIG lie rather than a small one closer to reality...

Couldnt be more wrong...the real big money is in fitness, and a reasonably attainable physique...not in hardcore BB....

M&F outsells Flex by a huge margin....Mens Fitness outsells M&F by a landslide...The overwhelming majority of consumers of suplements are NON competing guys who have no aspirations of being a Pro BB, or even looking like one for that matter

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2009, 04:58:43 PM »
I won't deny that drugs play a role, of course they do and it would be reflected in the physiques if they were taken away.  That being said, if you take the most genetically gifted bodybuilders and they compete at a high level, drugs or not, they will have development still beyond what Joe Public can comprehend.  

The only way it would work is if bodybuilding drugs disappeared from society altogether. What if you could see a better bodybuilder on Big Brother (like that Jessie dude) than at the Mr O? The Mr O would be a laughingstock.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2009, 04:59:42 PM »
Absolutely. I would still train but why would I be looking at something that is average, something I would see at the gym every day? Bodybuilding is moderately exiting only because of the drugs, because it's so otherworldly. I know many won't admit to this but I'm sure I'm not alone.

And why would people pay to see average playing BB players? Or 250 lb. linemen? Or Mediocre track and field athletes who are "sort of" fast?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2009, 04:59:55 PM »
Couldnt be more wrong...the real big money is in fitness, and a reasonably attainable physique...not in hardcore BB....

M&F outsells Flex by a huge margin....Mens Fitness outsells M&F by a landslide...The overwhelming majority of consumers of suplements are NON competing guys who have no aspirations of being a Pro BB, or even looking like one for that matter
I would assume that womens fitness is high on the list too maybe even out sells mens fitness.?

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2009, 05:00:05 PM »

So you believe that the average gym rat could rival the likes of Coleman and Yates in their primes, training hard, but not using drugs?  If so, then you must feel that anyone could be Mr. Olympia.  Just add drugs, right?  Some of the less gifted pros may suffer more so, but the top tier guys would still have potential for development beyond what most of us could aspire to.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2009, 05:01:55 PM »

All good points..well taken....