Author Topic: Mark Alvisi, the overall-winner of 2009 NPC USA !(full results)  (Read 19877 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Mark Alvisi, the overall-winner of 2009 NPC USA !(full results)
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2009, 12:36:57 PM »
Although no one agreed with me during the USA prejudging and finals, I thought that Mark Alvisi didn't deserve his wt class win and I was surprised even more so when he won the overall.and

He presented himself as well as anyone on that stage, but his chest development was definitely lacking in my humble opinion.

I hate to say this but I definitely don't think he'll do well as a Pro.

As for Tamer, he looked phenominal but I have to agree with those of you who say that he needs more mass/size.

And other comment I actually hate to make on this Board because the guy is so damn liked and respected ...... but I personally don't think that Robert will make it through the NPC and into the IFBB in the condition in which he presented himself this past weekend.

This may sound like heresy in the bodybuilding world, ...... "But he's too damn BIG!"...... meaning that he looks more similar to a powerlifter than a contender doing his best to win one of the BB Nationals that would allow him into the IFBB.

He's built more like an IFBB Pro a few weeks before an IFBB event ..... and that is never the way to do it.

Don't BLAST me yet, Get! ...... Give me a year or two to see if this opinion of mine is justified. And if I'm wrong, I'll eat my word and personally apologize. And in Robert's case, I hope I'm doing that sometime down the road.

Any contender who has the "HEART" and earns the right to stand on that stage and show 'em all he's got, deserves that at least!

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2009, 02:20:38 PM »
Thats Fred Smalls, I believe.  He competed in the NPC and NABBA.  Fred looks unbelievable but has to nail his conditioning...seems that has been elusive in some of his showing.  But look at that structure...damn!

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2009, 02:21:54 PM »
how do y'all think he will do as a pro?
He will win any show Gaspari promotes.
((-::

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2009, 02:23:12 PM »
The show was more shoking in the SH's.   But we do need new names.
((-::

LurkyLurker

• Getbig III
  • Advices
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2009, 01:23:46 AM »
The SH class looked pretty weak all around. Atoyan is thick, but not shaped very well and his conditioning is off. Not much of a threat to the pro ranks.