Author Topic: Super charger worth the cost ?  (Read 8310 times)

Bast175

Re: Super charger worth the cost ?
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2009, 08:37:29 PM »
I can't believe the time and effort people put into modding vehicles.  It's transportation...  gets you from point A to point B.  Sure, get something nice, but to spend countless hours and dollars fuccking with a cheap-ass stock vehicle seems pointless.

they have small dicks.

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2009, 09:11:00 PM »
I can't believe the time and effort people put into modding vehicles.  It's transportation...  gets you from point A to point B.  Sure, get something nice, but to spend countless hours and dollars fuccking with a cheap-ass stock vehicle seems pointless.

I mod BMW's and Porsches, like some have said, it's a hobby, if you got the cash/time, go for it. I just don't understand the people who save all thier money and put it all towards the cars though, that's stupidity.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2009, 09:20:08 PM »

I mod BMW's and Porsches, like some have said, it's a hobby, if you got the cash/time, go for it. I just don't understand the people who save all thier money and put it all towards the cars though, that's stupidity.

Agreed.  I have a car with a few things done only because I had the EXTRA money to play with.  I had a friend who spent his life savings putting $18k worth of mods into a $5k 91 GT Mustang.  Four years later some mexicans stripped the car, stole the engine, and now he feels pretty stupid.

Horrible idea.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2009, 09:34:19 PM »
Agreed.  I have a car with a few things done only because I had the EXTRA money to play with.  I had a friend who spent his life savings putting $18k worth of mods into a $5k 91 GT Mustang.  Four years later some mexicans stripped the car, stole the engine, and now he feels pretty stupid.

Horrible idea.
yeah, or someone could get drunk and throw rocks at it.....!!..!!

bench

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2009, 11:46:12 PM »
96-98 stangs are slow. i know i had one. I would buy some trick flow heads and intake and some comp cams/trick flow cams and TB CAI, headers and exhaust before boosting with that cheap plastic intake manifold.

A

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2009, 12:06:41 AM »
Disagree - a turbo diesel is a far cry from a hi-perf turbo gasoline application.  Diesels make big torque and not necessarily big horsepower - again there are exceptions to every rule but aside from Gale Banks and maybe a couple of other fringe outfits there is not a big selection of high HP turbo diesels.

The only turbos that I have seen that deliver on the low end AND the high end are twin-turbo systems like that found in the 911 Turbo - a small turbo spools up at low rpm and provides instant boost at lower engine speeds and then as RPM increases the larger turbo takes over and force feeds even more air into the motor.

I'm not bashing turbos at all - they are capable of making big HP but a single turbo WILL lack on low end typically compared to a comparable supercharger.  Both applications have their place but neither is perfect....it all depends on what kind of motor you are looking to build.  To say that superchargers are "old news" is a bit premature.

Check Audi's Le Man's Dominating R10 or their new R15 and Peugeot's 908 TDI 2009 Le Man's winning race car for very dominate and endurance test turbo deisels

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2009, 01:52:18 AM »
96-98 stangs are slow. i know i had one. I would buy some trick flow heads and intake and some comp cams/trick flow cams and TB CAI, headers and exhaust before boosting with that cheap plastic intake manifold.

Exactly.  Got a 96 Vert with a 98 engine that has forged internals, ported PI heads, LT, X pipe, exhaust, 75 mm tb, big mouth plenum, CAI, 90 mm MAF and CAI, and I only dynoed 313 to the wheels.  A stock LS1 with minor bolt ons will smoke it. 

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2009, 04:11:10 AM »
Whatever he puts on it, it won't beat these machines on the track...
http://fwd.five.tv/fifth-gear/videos/dogfights/dogfight-bmw-m3-v-merc-c63-amg

And nothing is more cooler for the money than the M3

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2009, 12:03:43 PM »

Yeah, the '99 Stangs were a big improvement with a much freer breathing engine. 

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: July 29, 2009, 04:31:49 PM »
Saw this car on the weekend.  1968 426 Hemi GTX.  Nice car!

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2009, 11:06:11 PM »
I just found out my friend had these two 69 Cameros.  Exactly the same except his wife has a white leather interior and his is black.  Awesome cars. 
No Worries 4 me

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2009, 02:10:01 AM »
I just found out my friend had these two 69 Cameros.  Exactly the same except his wife has a white leather interior and his is black.  Awesome cars. 

I would kill a homeless man to own just one of those cars.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2009, 02:17:46 AM »
I would kill a homeless man to own just one of those cars.

"Urban Camper"

there is this guy in VA that has like a valley of cars, of all types and vintages, all on the side of a hill. They just decompose. Camaro SS, Hemi Chargers, 68 Mustangs, Impalas, MG's, you name it, it is there.

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2009, 02:30:21 AM »
"Urban Camper"

there is this guy in VA that has like a valley of cars, of all types and vintages, all on the side of a hill. They just decompose. Camaro SS, Hemi Chargers, 68 Mustangs, Impalas, MG's, you name it, it is there.

Are they for sale?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2009, 02:42:56 AM »

Are they for sale?
Nobody has asked? I kid you not it's like a war scene and the cars were the soldiers. Cars from the 30's, 40's, 50's...Old Ford 3 window coupes, Chevy's , Pontiacs, Oldesmobiles, Studebakers, Chryslers, Dodges, you name it. Picture looking up a very steep hill and seeing cars, and then looking down into a valley/gulley and seeing even more cars, roughly hundreds of cars...a car graveyard. It's outside of Roanoke, Va.