Author Topic: StrikeForce offering Fedor a contract!!  (Read 10093 times)

IronFan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: StrikeForce offering Fedor a contract!!
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2009, 04:53:43 PM »
Typical Fedor.  Just avoiding the top talent in the UFC and taking easy fights for the rest of his career. 

HD, are you the drummer in this clip?

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2009, 05:02:59 PM »
Dana can say he wants fedor all he wants. Until he slims down his restrictions on his offer and/or offer fedor damn near a mill per fight...he won't get him.

This guy isn't from america (so throw the he needs to come to the ufc crap out the window) and he damn sure isn't broke when he trains in parks, basketball courts and the woods and sh*t..lol....so i'm sure it's fedors principles he basing everything on when in negotiation with ufc. If he is going to sacrifice himself then dana will have to pay some serious grip for him.

meanwhile joe blow entertainment can pay him 500 grrr ..no restrictions vs ME and it doesn't matter to him. I'd take that deal anyday of the week and could care less....I'm still Fedor and you need me Dana....not vice versa.

Fedor could throw his hat into K-1 and just go out on his shield to prove he is the best in the world...not UFC.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2009, 05:54:05 PM »
Baseball, basketball, soccer, football and a host of other sports, dickhead. How fucking retarded are you?

Which one of these sports loans out their athletes? So in the NFL or NBA if I want to play for the canadian league one day while under contract that is ok? You must have misunderstood my original question.

Man...cool it wth the anger. It's just the internet.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2009, 06:51:21 PM »
Which one of these sports loans out their athletes? So in the NFL or NBA if I want to play for the canadian league one day while under contract that is ok? You must have misunderstood my original question.

yep,Bo Jackson,Deon sanders both played football & baseball.they are two of the bigger names but theres plenty of other lesser known guys,in soccer along with guys in the NBA that play pick up games in there off season's some of which are sanctioned by there league some are not.
DAWG

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2009, 09:00:25 PM »
yep,Bo Jackson,Deon sanders both played football & baseball.they are two of the bigger names but theres plenty of other lesser known guys,in soccer along with guys in the NBA that play pick up games in there off season's some of which are sanctioned by there league some are not.

Come on...these are totally different situations. I am talking midseason.
For instance, do you think Buffalo would let TO go play in Dallas for a week or two mid season and then come back?
Pick up games? Are you serious. Like pears and carrots. Way off.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2009, 09:06:46 PM »

What's this loan out shit? He competes in the Sambo world championships. Because you're too much of a moron, I'll help you out.

The Olympics.
The World Cup.
The World Baseball Classic.
The Ryder Cup.
The Davis Cup.

These are all events where athletes leave their teams or whatever it is to compete for their countries or compete on other teams and where they can be severely injured and ruin their career. Yet they're still allowed to do it. The Sambo World Championships are on par with these events. Why does Dana think he can monopolize a fighter's rights when the MLB or NBA can't even do it? Think about the shitstorm there would be if the NBA said that none of its players could play for the USA in the Olympics.  ::)

You can't justify shit and you're obviously too retarded to even form a logical argument. Seriously, just stop.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2009, 09:11:53 PM »
What's this loan out shit? He competes in the Sambo world championships. Because you're too much of a moron, I'll help you out.

The Olympics.
The World Cup.
The World Baseball Classic.
The Ryder Cup.
The Davis Cup.

These are all events where athletes leave their teams or whatever it is to compete for their countries or compete on other teams and where they can be severely injured and ruin their career. Yet they're still allowed to do it. The Sambo World Championships are on par with these events. Why does Dana think he can monopolize a fighter's rights when the MLB or NBA can't even do it? Think about the shitstorm there would be if the NBA said that none of its players could play for the USA in the Olympics.  ::)

You can't justify shit and you're obviously too retarded to even form a logical argument. Seriously, just stop.

Thanks for the irrelevant info...these are not competing orgs.
You going to answer my question about TO?

You do know that athletes are not paid for the Olympics right?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2009, 09:14:19 PM »
Thanks for the irrelevant info...these are not competing orgs.
You going to answer my question about TO?

Are you fucking RETARDED? Competing organizations? The World Sambo Championships are not a competing organization. It's a tournament held every year to determine the best sambo fighter in the world. Fedor has a lot of pride in his sambo as it is a Russian art and the Russians really respect it. The guy has had Putin watch some of his sambo matches. So yes, Dana could go fuck himself with him not wanting to let Fedor fight in them.

You are doing a miserable job trying to spin this. The sambo championships are no different than the world cup or olympics. Guys come from all over the world to compete in them.

And no, I'm not going to answer your question about TO because it's fucking stupid and has nothing to do with the argument. And for what it's worth, the NFL lets TO play in the NBA summer league every year. So yes, competing sports organizations (which are about 100x the size of the UFC) let athletes cross over. Way to self-own yourself. Good job. :)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2009, 09:20:17 PM »
Are you fucking RETARDED? Competing organizations? The World Sambo Championships are not a competing organization. It's a tournament held every year to determine the best sambo fighter in the world. Fedor has a lot of pride in his sambo as it is a Russian art and the Russians really respect it. The guy has had Putin watch some of his sambo matches. So yes, Dana could go fuck himself with him not wanting to let Fedor fight in them.

You are doing a miserable job trying to spin this. The sambo championships are no different than the world cup or olympics. Guys come from all over the world to compete in them.

Does Fedor get paid for SAMBO in any way?
No there is a self owning for you :o

And no, I'm not going to answer your question about TO because it's fucking stupid and has nothing to do with the argument. And for what it's worth, the NFL lets TO play in the NBA summer league every year. So yes, competing sports organizations (which are about 100x the size of the UFC) let athletes cross over. Way to self-own yourself. Good job. :)

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2009, 09:24:31 PM »

As far as I know, he doesn't get any money and what he's after most is the trophy and honor. And it really shouldn't matter. Guys get checks cut to them for winning in the Olympics. Usually along the lines of $25k+ for a gold medal. The NBA guys get checks from the US Olympic Committee. Guys will get money for winning the world cup. Seriously, if you're going to argue this, do some fucking research.

Professional soccer lets their guys play in all manners of country-based tournaments. Euro Cup, World Cup, Confederations Cup, etc. Every year it's something new. And these guys are making more and have more invested in them than every UFC fighter combined.

Your argument has been debunked and rendered moot. Please do some research before you try again. In-fact, don't bother.

Fucking morons who just picked up MMA thinking they have any concept of what they're talking about. Does Dana's semen really taste that good? Do you offer to let yourself out after he busts on your face?

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2009, 09:51:16 PM »
As far as I know, he doesn't get any money and what he's after most is the trophy and honor. And it really shouldn't matter. Guys get checks cut to them for winning in the Olympics. Usually along the lines of $25k+ for a gold medal. The NBA guys get checks from the US Olympic Committee. Guys will get money for winning the world cup. Seriously, if you're going to argue this, do some fucking research.

Professional soccer lets their guys play in all manners of country-based tournaments. Euro Cup, World Cup, Confederations Cup, etc. Every year it's something new. And these guys are making more and have more invested in them than every UFC fighter combined.

Your argument has been debunked and rendered moot. Please do some research before you try again. In-fact, don't bother.

That is prize money....I thought you could do better then that?
pears and carrots my idiot friend.

Fucking morons who just picked up MMA thinking they have any concept of what they're talking about. Does Dana's semen really taste that good? Do you offer to let yourself out after he busts on your face?

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2009, 09:53:23 PM »
WeightPSHR has been owned....
DAWG

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2009, 09:56:22 PM »
A trophy is prize money? Dude, your argument was fucking annihilated. The NBA, MLB, NFL, ESL, NHL, WTA, PGA, all organizations that are MUCH bigger than the UFC (much, much bigger) allow their athletes to compete in events outside of their organizations. Events where they get money and where they can be injured and/or have their careers ruined. Why should the UFC be allowed to monopolize their fighter's lives when multi-BILLION dollar sports organizations like the NFL can't?

Let's keep in mind that amount of money invested in a guy like Lebron James blows the amount of money invested in all UFC fighters out of the water. Yet he was allowed to play in the Olympics and receive a paycheck for it.  ;)

Also, learn to quote. You've done that with almost every reply now.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2009, 09:56:40 PM »
Hell I just seen Shaq tonight on WWE.We all no it's scripted but still injuries occur all the time in it.You don't see the NBA trying to tell Shaq He can't have a life outside the NBA.But When you sign a contract with Dana he wants to own your soul.
DAWG

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2009, 09:59:03 PM »
A trophy is prize money? Dude, your argument was fucking annihilated. The NBA, MLB, NFL, ESL, NHL, WTA, PGA, all organizations that are MUCH bigger than the UFC (much, much bigger) allow their athletes to compete in events outside of their organizations. Events where they get money and where they can be injured and/or have their careers ruined. Why should the UFC be allowed to monopolize their fighter's lives when multi-BILLION dollar sports organizations like the NFL can't?

Let's keep in mind that amount of money invested in a guy like Lebron James blows the amount of money invested in all UFC fighters out of the water. Yet he was allowed to play in the Olympics and receive a paycheck for it.  ;)

Also, learn to quote. You've done that with almost every reply now.

You make no sense whatsover...these are not even comparable situations. Nice try though.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2009, 10:01:38 PM »
You make no sense whatsover...these are not even comparable situations. Nice try though.

No your argument has been dismantled by us.Now keep quiet while grown folks are talking.
DAWG

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2009, 10:02:21 PM »
Hell I just seen Shaq tonight on WWE.We all no it's scripted but still injuries occur all the time in it.You don't see the NBA trying to tell Shaq He can't have a life outside the NBA.But When you sign a contract with Dana he wants to own your soul.

The NFL lets T.O. play in the NBA summer league every year. The guy could step on a foot and boom, torn ACL and $10 million down the drain. $10 million. Hell, he was just on that NBC game show running around and doing obstacle courses. They let guys play in pro-am golf tournaments. I could go on and on and on. The list of examples is endless.

They're perfectly comparable. They're identical events, albeit in different sports. Try doing some research the next time you want to make some asinine claims. Unless, of course, you think the UFC is more powerful than organizations like the NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL. Organizations that let their players play in events outside of their own, and even earn paychecks doing so.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2009, 10:13:35 PM »
BF didn't you like UFC before?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2009, 10:20:54 PM »
BF didn't you like UFC before?

I still like it. I just don't like the path MMA has been going down since PRIDE died. Two to three years ago we got awesome cards all the time. All the time. The PRIDE cards were always awesome and the UFC countered with great cards of their own. The summer was always awesome with the big UFC cards and the PRIDE grand prix. The UFC headliners were big name fighters in fights against guys that were capable. Now we get guys like Bisping, who are fucking cans and wouldn't even grace a PPV card two years ago, HEADLINING cards that are thrown at us every month. We've got Brock Lesnar laying on people and being considered a great fighter. And we're expected to shell out $50 for this? Come on. But it's become acceptable as there is nothing else to watch.

Without any competition, the UFC has turned into another run of the mill cash draining organization. They just throw together 10 fighters every month and call it a card. I understand that it's business, but it sucks for the people who have been following MMA for a while. These UFC dicksuckers like WeightPHSR don't want to see any competition. They'd rather jerk off to whatever TUF reject headlines the next card.  ::)

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2009, 01:31:30 AM »
Dude, STFU. This is sports. It's like this in every professional sport.

Get the fuck outta here, you stank-rotten piece of ass cheese.  You're full blown corky-ass retarded if you think Fedor doesn't have a say in the matter, or that he'll just follow the bigger $$$.  For someone that claims to be a MMA fan, you seem like you started with UFC 99.

Do you think Trevor Ariza wanted to leave the Los Angeles Lakers after winning a NBA championship? Fuck no. But the Rockets came calling with a much larger paycheck and guess what, he jumped ship in a heartbeat. Players in every sport follow the money.

Only to an extent.  It's not ALL about the money.  If it were, Fedor would be in the UFC, as Dana is willing (and able) to outpay anyone.

Fedor has proven everything he has needed to in MMA to cement his legacy.

He's proving that he knows how to run whenever real competition pops up.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2009, 07:11:34 AM »
I still like it. I just don't like the path MMA has been going down since PRIDE died. Two to three years ago we got awesome cards all the time. All the time. The PRIDE cards were always awesome and the UFC countered with great cards of their own. The summer was always awesome with the big UFC cards and the PRIDE grand prix. The UFC headliners were big name fighters in fights against guys that were capable. Now we get guys like Bisping, who are fucking cans and wouldn't even grace a PPV card two years ago, HEADLINING cards that are thrown at us every month. We've got Brock Lesnar laying on people and being considered a great fighter. And we're expected to shell out $50 for this? Come on. But it's become acceptable as there is nothing else to watch.

Without any competition, the UFC has turned into another run of the mill cash draining organization. They just throw together 10 fighters every month and call it a card. I understand that it's business, but it sucks for the people who have been following MMA for a while. These UFC dicksuckers like WeightPHSR don't want to see any competition. They'd rather jerk off to whatever TUF reject headlines the next card.  ::)

WOW...If the UFC is 'run of the mill' which org right now is 'cream of the crop'?
Stupid comment. Damn. Do you even think about what you type.
Try not getting so angry...that might help.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2009, 07:15:54 AM »
No your argument has been dismantled by us.Now keep quiet while grown folks are talking.

Please...stop taking the internet so seriously.

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2009, 07:33:47 AM »
Most of my friends don't know what is "MMA",  i have to mention the letters "UFC".  :)

Imagine i tell them that the greatest fighter in the world fights in "Strikeforce", they will think that it is some WWE weekly smackdown show....

Sad but true. As for now...

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2009, 07:44:19 AM »
Most of my friends don't know what is "MMA",  i have to mention the letters "UFC".  :)

Imagine i tell them that the greatest fighter in the world fights in "Strikeforce", they will think that it is some WWE weekly smackdown show....

Sad but true. As for now...

This is true...but MMA is bigger than ever. That is what is important. It is here to stay mainstream.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2009, 08:46:13 AM »
Please...stop taking the internet so seriously.

think that one up on your own did ya.Oh no wait you just regurgitate what others already post....not the point though.Fact is you got blown out the water after claiming other sports don't allow there guys to compete elswere.

other than that I agree with you.I love the UFC & MMA & would love to see the best matchups possible.
DAWG