Author Topic: StrikeForce offering Fedor a contract!!  (Read 10094 times)

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
StrikeForce offering Fedor a contract!!
« on: July 26, 2009, 06:35:51 PM »
Strikeforce offering Fedor 500k to 700k per fight in a non-exclusive contract

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MMABay - All Your UFC/MMA News In One Place

Quote:
The California based Strikeforce promotion are said to be launching an audacious move to secure the services of WAMMA heavyweight champion, Fedor Emelianenko, a move that would scupper any hopes of seeing him square off with UFC heavyweight champion, Brock Lesnar.

The following is according to FiveKnuckles.com:

“Sources close to the fighter have informed us that Strikeforce were in talks with Affliction, M-1 Global and Golden Boy promotions on a long term deal with Emelianenko within the last couple of days. The promotion reportedly offered the former Pride champion between 500,000 and 700,000 per fight, a non-exclusive contract, guaranteed exposure on CBS shows and a cut of any PPV event he was a part of.”

“Emelianenko would certainly be able to get maximum mainstream U.S. exposure via CBS and Showtime which could lead possible big money endorsement deals and he'd also get to enjoy the freedoms associated with Strikeforce's non-exclusive contracts. This scenario is considered a strong possibility if Emelianenko is indeed a free agent according to inside sources.”

If true and Strikeforce manage to pull it off, this would show just how far Strikeforce have come over the past year with the backing of such partners as CBS and Showtime. It would be a massive blow to the UFC who were clearly in the driving seat after the collapse of Affliction and felt there was nowhere else tangible for Fedor to go. Oh how they were wrong.

By Michael Pepper. 

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
Re: StrikeForce offering Fedor a contract!!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 09:23:10 PM »
Typical Fedor.  Just avoiding the top talent in the UFC and taking easy fights for the rest of his career. 
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 09:23:56 PM »
Top talent and UFC? LOL. That's a good joke. Almost as logical as hot ice water.

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 11:52:01 PM »
Typical Fedor.  Just avoiding the top talent in the UFC and taking easy fights for the rest of his career. 

Lol.  UFC heavyweight division fucking sucks.  brock is a joke

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 12:15:37 AM »
Lol.  UFC heavyweight division fucking sucks.  brock is a joke

Yeah, such a joke that Fedor is running from him at lightening speed......
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 02:30:27 AM »
Yeah, such a joke that Fedor is running from him at lightening speed......

Fedor would fight Brock for free if his management and the UFC would let them do it.

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 02:42:22 AM »
Fedor would fight Brock for free if his management and the UFC would let them do it.

Bull.  You act as if Fedor has no say in the matter.  He does, and he knows he does.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

Mrdibbs

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 03:46:40 AM »
Bull.  You act as if Fedor has no say in the matter.  He does, and he knows he does.

500 to 700k for a fight and still be able to fight next to strikeforce.

Why sign with the ufc and fight their cash cow for less with more restrictions?

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 05:13:30 AM »

haha, are you talking about Brock and Couture? because they are the only ones (from the TOP fighters) that Fedor didnt fough already...

so are you saying he is running from those two?
!

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 08:31:47 AM »
Top talent and UFC? LOL. That's a good joke. Almost as logical as hot ice water.

So you are telling me that Strikeforce has more exciting fights for Fedor. ::)
If Fedor goes to Strikeforce he is 1oo% a pussy.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 09:34:45 AM »
So you are telling me that Strikeforce has more exciting fights for Fedor. ::)
If Fedor goes to Strikeforce he is 1oo% a pussy.

Fighters go where the money goes...you really think after all this Fedor has something left to prove to YOU ?  looool, yea...he's gonna turn down $700,000 a fight against cans just so he can be the UFC cash cow and personally satisfy your fanboy fantasies of him taking on brock....oh brother!

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 09:43:52 AM »
I've read the UFC is willing (and certainly able) to go up to 1,000,000/fight.   Even if that info is wrong (I doubt it is, Dana wants him bad), if you ask the question "why fight for less, with more restrictions"........  here's why..........  if Fedor wants to be recognized as the best fighter in the world, you have to beat the best, not cupcakes, regardless of whether he or others feel he has anything to prove.  The world wants to see Fedor vs. Brock.  Right now, many feel Brock is unbeatable, more so than Fedor. Right now, Brock is standing there saying "come get some", while Fedor is trying best to dodge him and not risk his reputation - that's bush league (read:  pussy).  Fedor and his camp are wanting the UFC to concede to unreasonable demands that no other business would.  They shouldn't have to use their dollars to promote other organizations via Fedor's name.   If Fedor doesn't like the restrictive nature of the UFC contract (total BS, btw, as they have a right to protect their investments), then just agree to a 1-2 fight deal just to prove what needs to be proven - nobody is saying that it has to be a 5-10 fight deal or something.  Fedor is just running from this and it does look good at all.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 09:46:55 AM »
Fighters go where the money goes...you really think after all this Fedor has something left to prove to YOU ?  looool, yea...he's gonna turn down $700,000 a fight against cans just so he can be the UFC cash cow and personally satisfy your fanboy fantasies of him taking on brock....oh brother!

You call me a fanboy because I happen to like the biggest org in MMA history?
Fedor would make much more if he came to the UFC. PPV percentages alone would be more.
But you are right....Strikeforce would be a much easier payday. That seems to be Fedor's style.
All I want is for Fedor to prove his current #1 ranking.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 09:51:08 AM »
Lol at brock being unbeatable..

DAWG

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 09:55:15 AM »
Lol at brock being unbeatable..

I definitely think that Brock is beatable...Fedor very well could do it.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 10:07:15 AM »
I definitely think that Brock is beatable...Fedor very well could do it.

personally I think it will happen before brock fights Fedor.
DAWG

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 11:47:48 AM »
personally I think it will happen before brock fights Fedor.

Hopefully so! As much as I can't stand Brock, he has a lot of intriguing match-ups ahead
of himself. He is a freak.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2009, 11:53:25 AM »
I see fedor fighting in dream...

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2009, 11:56:56 AM »
I see fedor fighting in dream...

Fedor will go to whomever offers the easiest paydays.
Dream fits the bill.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2009, 12:24:16 PM »
Dream fits the bill.

Hehehe, shades of Cro Cop ?

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2009, 02:02:34 PM »
Hehehe, shades of Cro Cop ?

??? ???
Crocop just signed a multifight contract with the UFC.

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2009, 03:07:05 PM »
Dream fits the bill.

Wow, you sir are retarded.  Fedor has been clear that he enjoys sambo.  I'm pretty sure at this point Fedor wants to do his thing with sambo while fighting for an organization.  Why cant the UFC let him do that?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2009, 03:24:33 PM »

Dude, STFU. This is sports. It's like this in every professional sport. Do you think Trevor Ariza wanted to leave the Los Angeles Lakers after winning a NBA championship? Fuck no. But the Rockets came calling with a much larger paycheck and guess what, he jumped ship in a heartbeat. Players in every sport follow the money. Fedor has proven everything he has needed to in MMA to cement his legacy. Just because some unproven moron pops up and gets the weight of the UFC hype machine thrown behind him doesn't mean shit.

Fuck, I mean the UFC hype machine actually convinced people that Frank Mir was anything but a God awful fighter. A year ago people wouldn't have ranked him in the top 10. Now Brock kills him and it's supposed to be impressive? HA.
You call me a fanboy because I happen to like the biggest org in MMA history?
Fedor would make much more if he came to the UFC. PPV percentages alone would be more.
But you are right....Strikeforce would be a much easier payday. That seems to be Fedor's style.
All I want is for Fedor to prove his current #1 ranking.

Could actually argue that K-1 is bigger than the UFC. The UFC is popular in America and England and that's about it. K-1 is worldwide, from the shitholes of Thailand to the favelas of Brazil. They've played Max ahead of Heroes, though.

Typical UFC dicksucker that doesn't know jack shit.

Fedor cries himself to sleep every night over it.  ::)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2009, 04:33:53 PM »
Wow, you sir are retarded.  Fedor has been clear that he enjoys sambo.  I'm pretty sure at this point Fedor wants to do his thing with sambo while fighting for an organization.  Why cant the UFC let him do that?

Because he might get hurt and they would be spending a ton of money to market him.
Then when his name gets bigger another org gets to reap the rewards...I don't think so.
Basic business sense my friend.

Does any other sport let their CONTRACTED athlete do anything like this?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2009, 04:46:51 PM »
Because he might get hurt and they would be spending a ton of money to market him.
Then when his name gets bigger another org gets to reap the rewards...I don't think so.
Basic business sense my friend.

Does any other sport let their CONTRACTED athlete do anything like this?

Baseball, basketball, soccer, football and a host of other sports, dickhead. How fucking retarded are you?