Author Topic: Straw Man  (Read 13283 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Straw Man
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2009, 10:34:33 AM »
ANSWER THE QUESTION STRAW

He cant answer it because he is nothing but a liberal cliche machine. 

This is in page 16 of the bill itself.

The goal of this plan is to elimate private health care.  even ZERO admits it in the video I posted. 

dkf360

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2009, 10:51:43 AM »
I'm curious to know the benefits of a private insurance company over what the government will instate.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2009, 10:53:28 AM »
I'm curious to know the benefits of a private insurance company over what the government will instate.

If you dont like one company, you always have the choice to go to another. 

When the govt takes over, if it screws up, you have no other choices.  You are stuck by law with whatever garbage they ffed you with no choice whatsoever. 

dkf360

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2009, 10:56:26 AM »
If you dont like one company, you always have the choice to go to another. 

When the govt takes over, if it screws up, you have no other choices.  You are stuck by law with whatever garbage they ffed you with no choice whatsoever. 
Screw up in what way?  All insurance companies do is pay for the actual treatment.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2009, 11:33:27 AM »
ANSWER THE QUESTION STRAW

Are you aware the huge profits that the health insurance companies make.

The primary way they make money is by DENYING PEOPLE the health care that they have paid for

They'll definitely find a way to compete just like UPS and Fed EX, DHL etc.. compete with the postal service

btw - as I'm sure you know, most states in this country have virtually no choice at all and a few companies have virtual monopolies

I'd post a link to a great report (can't seem to get it to attach) but I know NO ONE here would bother to read it so why bother

ah what the heck:  http://www.4ibew.com/2009/05/27/health-insurance-profits-soar-as-industry-mergers-create-near-monopoly/

here's the link.  Do me a personal favor and scroll down to the bottom where it says click here to read full report.

on the report - go to page 5 and see how in 40+ states only 2 companies control the vast majority of the market.

If you won't take the time to look at it then don't bother demanding that I respond to your questions or your posts

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2009, 11:35:19 AM »
He cant answer it because he is nothing but a liberal cliche machine. 

This is in page 16 of the bill itself.

The goal of this plan is to elimate private health care.  even ZERO admits it in the video I posted. 

hey champ - I have a job with 2 phone ringing off the hook, meetings, problems to deal with etc..

Where is the benefit to me to invest time debating with someone who is the equivalent of a nut job standing on the corner screaming that the world is coming to an end.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2009, 11:44:17 AM »
Are you aware the huge profits that the health insurance companies make.

The primary way they make money is by DENYING PEOPLE the health care that they have paid for

They'll definitely find a way to compete just like UPS and Fed EX, DHL etc.. compete with the postal service

btw - as I'm sure you know, most states in this country have virtually no choice at all and a few companies have virtual monopolies

I'd post a link to a great report (can't seem to get it to attach) but I know NO ONE here would bother to read it so why bother

ah what the heck:  http://www.4ibew.com/2009/05/27/health-insurance-profits-soar-as-industry-mergers-create-near-monopoly/

here's the link.  Do me a personal favor and scroll down to the bottom where it says click here to read full report.

on the report - go to page 5 and see how in 40+ states only 2 companies control the vast majority of the market.

If you won't take the time to look at it then don't bother demanding that I respond to your questions or your posts
none of that has anything to do with the fundamental question that I asked you, again answer the question...

you cite UPS and FEDEX as examples but then that would mean the healthcare system would be the USPS and like I said a Money pit...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2009, 11:46:10 AM »
"on the report - go to page 5 and see how in 40+ states only 2 companies control the vast majority of the market. "

And why is that Straw????

The reason is that insurance companies are highly regulated as it is and have to cover all sorts of things under any policy they offer and simply cant afford to set up shop in these states. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2009, 11:57:26 AM »
none of that has anything to do with the fundamental question that I asked you, again answer the question...

you cite UPS and FEDEX as examples but then that would mean the healthcare system would be the USPS and like I said a Money pit...

go back and look at my post.  I said they will FIND a way to compete.  There is too much money to be made otherwise.

if the govt plan is going to suck so much, ration health care etc... then there will be plenty of opportunity for other companies to do a better job and gain a share of the market.

BTW - the 48 million people who don't have insurance aren't worried about.   The millions more who have insurance but can't afford the deductible aren't worried about it.   The people who have paid for years only to get bumped off when they actually need it aren't worried about it.

Don't ask me any more questions until you at least honor my request that you click the link and look at the report.

If you can't be bothered to do that then I can't be bothered to talk with you

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2009, 11:59:16 AM »
"on the report - go to page 5 and see how in 40+ states only 2 companies control the vast majority of the market. "

And why is that Straw????

The reason is that insurance companies are highly regulated as it is and have to cover all sorts of things under any policy they offer and simply cant afford to set up shop in these states. 

really - that's the reason?

go look at the report and see the exponential growth in profits

maybe we should just have one company then.

maybe even a public single payer system

great idea

I'm done with you today.

I trust you'll still be a raving, hysterical lunatic tomorrow

dkf360

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2009, 01:26:09 PM »
go back and look at my post.  I said they will FIND a way to compete.  There is too much money to be made otherwise.

if the govt plan is going to suck so much, ration health care etc... then there will be plenty of opportunity for other companies to do a better job and gain a share of the market.

BTW - the 48 million people who don't have insurance aren't worried about.   The millions more who have insurance but can't afford the deductible aren't worried about it.   The people who have paid for years only to get bumped off when they actually need it aren't worried about it.

Don't ask me any more questions until you at least honor my request that you click the link and look at the report.

I agree with your assessment here.

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2009, 01:37:28 PM »
I agree with your assessment here.

Incorrect assessment my friend.  The bill locks people into their current insurance and also forces people to join a "compliant" program.  Compliant is determined by who?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2009, 01:39:03 PM »
Incorrect assessment my friend.  The bill locks people into their current insurance and also forces people to join a "compliant" program.  Compliant is determined by who?

Compliant means that the govt dictates the rules by which the carriers operate and what must be covered.  What they will do is make it impossible to compete since the govt has ability to operate in the red and can always print money or exact tax increases on tax payers. 

Brain dead libs cant understand this basic concept.   

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2009, 01:56:26 PM »

wait i thought obama said your coverage would not change? which one is it straw is it going to suck or be the same as obama says it will?

dkf360

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2009, 02:13:24 PM »
So the bill forces us to participate in two health insurance programs, one private and one certify by the government?

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2009, 02:16:25 PM »
So the bill forces us to participate in two health insurance programs, one private and one certify by the government?

Correct.  If you choose private health insurance, you are paying for government and private health insurance.  If you choose government, you only pay once.  What do you think lower income people will choose?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2009, 02:18:20 PM »
Correct.  If you choose private health insurance, you are paying for government and private health insurance.  If you choose government, you only pay once.  What do you think lower income people will choose?
LOL Never even thought of that WOW thats assinine, straw comment on that while your at it...

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2009, 02:20:04 PM »
LOL Never even thought of that WOW thats assinine, straw comment on that while your at it...

There is a ton of bullshit out there that people don't realize.  Tell me what you think of this tony.

Medicare/Medicaid notoriously underpays for services/takes years to pay, so wouldn't that be reflected in the cost of services on the doctors end?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2009, 02:20:50 PM »
Damn, Straw getting his ass kicked up and down this thread. Sounds like a blabbering retard that talked himself into a corner.

James

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2009, 03:28:58 PM »
Damn, Straw getting his ass kicked up and down this thread. Sounds like a blabbering retard that talked himself into a corner.

100% correct

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2009, 03:50:59 PM »
it's nice to see that a confederacy of dunces have aligned against me.

hey guys - news flash.

there is no bill yet.

the govt already does a good job with medicare (go ask your parents or grand parents).

If/when we get a public option there will still be plenty of opportunity for private companies to actually compete and make money (again - look at the link to the report and see the exponential increase in profits and also the profound lack of competition).   If some can't compete then tough titties.  There will be plenty who find a way.

right now you're arguing about minutiae of an non-existent bill

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2009, 03:55:00 PM »
it's nice to see that a confederacy of dunces have aligned against me.

hey guys - news flash.

there is no bill yet.

the govt already does a good job with medicare (go ask your parents or grand parents).

If/when we get a public option there will still be plenty of opportunity for private companies to actually compete and make money (again - look at the link to the report and see the exponential increase in profits and also the profound lack of competition).   If some can't compete then tough titties.  There will be plenty who find a way.

right now you're arguing about minutiae of an non-existent bill
really so a company providing supposedly the same product can compete with another company who is not forced to make a profit or even can operate in the red? please explain the economics of that for me?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2009, 03:56:37 PM »
really so a company providing supposedly the same product can compete with another company who is not forced to make a profit or even can operate in the red? please explain the economics of that for me?

did you look at the link I posted?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2009, 04:03:18 PM »
did you look at the link I posted?
your link is a blog...sorry post a credible source and I will read it

but yes I did look at your link which was your requirement so please answer the question...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2009, 04:10:27 PM »
your link is a blog...sorry post a credible source and I will read it

but yes I did look at your link which was your requirement so please answer the question...

the link was IN the blog

I gave you specific instructions

go back and do it right

here's a quick test to prove you've actually done it

tell me the 2 companies that control 98% fo the health insurance market in Hawaii?