Author Topic: Straw Man  (Read 13288 times)

James

Straw Man
« on: August 04, 2009, 06:36:15 AM »
"the US Postal Service is probably just fine

I'd buy stock if I could" -  Straw Man

You are an idiot  :o

Post office in big trouble

Facing a $7 billion loss this year, the Postal Service may close hundreds of branches. » 'Unable to pay its bills'

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090804/ap_on_go_ot/us_postal_closings

U.S. Postal Service May Close 1,000 Post Offices; Curtail Home Delivery - Video 8/3/09

Video :

http://www.freedomslighthouse.com/2009/08/us-postal-service-may-close-1000-post.html

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
Re: Straw Man
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 06:37:33 AM »
Que response from straw saying either

1.  He was CLEARLY joking

2.  Everyone is doing bad(green shoots???)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 06:47:44 AM »
Que response from straw saying either

1.  He was CLEARLY joking

2.  Everyone is doing bad(green shoots???)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 08:32:40 AM »
how about posting a link to the entire thread so I can at least remember the conversation rather than just taking it out of context

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 08:33:35 AM »
how about posting a link to the entire thread so I can at least remember the conversation rather than just taking it out of context

Why bother?  You repeatedly embarass youself with illogical statements like the above. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 08:36:56 AM »
Why bother?  You repeatedly embarass youself with illogical statements like the above. 

it's called context dumbass.

I have no clue what that conversation was about, what else I said in the thread etc...

shouldn't you be posting another thread about how Obama is going to put us all into re-education camps, force our women to get abortions and euthanize our grandparents

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 08:38:08 AM »
it's called context dumbass.

I have no clue what that conversation was about, what else I said in the thread etc...

shouldn't you be posting another thread about how Obama is going to put us all into re-education camps, force our women to get abortions and euthanize our grandparents

Yeah, that remindas me.  I have not done so in the last ten seconds.   ;D 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 08:41:00 AM »

I remember it straw and you were completely and totally in the wrong...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 08:45:16 AM »
I remember it straw and you were completely and totally in the wrong...

unlike MANY people here I frequently admit when I'm wrong

how about a link to the thread instead of a one comment taken out of context

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 09:02:23 AM »
unlike MANY people here I frequently admit when I'm wrong

how about a link to the thread instead of a one comment taken out of context
I commented on your comment straw in that thread it wasnt taken out of context it would be easier for you to search your previous post to find that thread then us to search for that thread. Again is was not taken out of context you defended that state of the post office more then once in that thread.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 09:22:19 AM »
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=291612.msg4147736#msg4147736

here you go straw another few posts from this thread

things the govt does a good job running are:  social security, the post office, medicare, etc...

the US Postal Service is probably just fine

I'd buy stock if I could

here you go.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 09:23:17 AM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 09:34:47 AM »
yep - Medicare and Social Security are both successful programs.  Just ask the people who are using it.

Regarding the Post Office you'll notice I said "PROBABLY" just fine.

Every friggin business that is heavily dependent on fuel costs are having issues at the moment

They still do a good job for an incredibly low price.  Try going to UPS or Fed Ex and ask them to mail a letter for 44 cents and see what they say

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 09:36:18 AM »
I commented on your comment straw in that thread it wasnt taken out of context it would be easier for you to search your previous post to find that thread then us to search for that thread. Again is was not taken out of context you defended that state of the post office more then once in that thread.

gimme a break - if someone is going to take my quote out of a thread then how much extra effort is it to post a link to the thread.   Especially so if they want me to respond.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2009, 09:39:28 AM »
yep - Medicare and Social Security are both successful programs.  Just ask the people who are using it.

Every friggin business that is heavily dependent on fuel costs are having issues at the moment

They still do a good job for an incredibly low price.  Try going to UPS or Fed Ex and ask them to mail a letter for 44 cents and see what they say
ok so let me lay this out for you here straw as you never respond in other threads when I lay it out for you in them

If like obama says you will get the same care on the govt program as from private insurance and they are able to operate in the red as the VAST MAJORITY OF GOVT PROGRAMS DO. How will the private insurance companies compete?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 09:40:05 AM »

No they dont!  

Of course they work well for the people who are benefitting off of it.  However, for the taxpayer, its a disaster now, and even one that is looming.  

This is what I disagree with you on most issues Straw.  You only look at one side of equation and never consider the entire picture.  

Sure the post office works well for someone paying a low price.  However, that is why they are broke.  Their pricing structure cannot pay for their operating costs.  Sure the guy paying an artifically low price loves it.

This is the same with the govt.  Just because you personally do not pay the ful lprice does not mean that no one else is.  

Of course old people love Medicare.  They paid a small amount in and take a huge amount out.          

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 09:42:01 AM »
ok so let me lay this out for you here straw as you never respond in other threads when I lay it out for you in them

If like obama says you will get the same care on the govt program as from private insurance and they are able to operate in the red as the VAST MAJORITY OF GOVT PROGRAMS DO. How will the private insurance companies compete?

Thats the whole freaking point tony! 

Obama is designing this entire mess to put the companies out of business. 

Straw does not realize that because like other liberals, he is infected with the mental disorder that does not allow one to realize reality, facts, even when it is put in front of his face.   

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 09:43:26 AM »

there is alot more to it then fuel costs straw that would be way down on the list of reasons the post office is in the shitty position it is in right now...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 09:47:10 AM »
No they dont!  

Of course they work well for the people who are benefitting off of it.  However, for the taxpayer, its a disaster now, and even one that is looming.  

This is what I disagree with you on most issues Straw.  You only look at one side of equation and never consider the entire picture.  

Sure the post office works well for someone paying a low price.  However, that is why they are broke.  Their pricing structure cannot pay for their operating costs.  Sure the guy paying an artifically low price loves it.

This is the same with the govt.  Just because you personally do not pay the ful lprice does not mean that no one else is.  

Of course old people love Medicare.  They paid a small amount in and take a huge amount out.          

Social Security and Medicare are fine.  Did you even bother to read the article by Krugman posted in the thread that my original quote was from.

I'm not going to spend my day arguing with you.  I already know your point of view.

Basically you think everything the Govt does is a disaster.  The govt should do absolutely nothing (except maybe fight the occassional war) and let the free market do everything else.

We have fundamentally different views.  

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 09:50:08 AM »
answer my question please straw

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2009, 09:50:50 AM »
Thats the whole freaking point tony! 

Obama is designing this entire mess to put the companies out of business. 

Straw does not realize that because like other liberals, he is infected with the mental disorder that does not allow one to realize reality, facts, even when it is put in front of his face.   

LOL - yes Obama want's to put companies out of business

Why didn't I see it before

Thank Jeebus I have you two geniuses to finally show me the light

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 09:51:49 AM »
Social Security and Medicare are fine.  Did you even bother to read the article by Krugman posted in the thread that my original quote was from.

I'm not going to spend my day arguing with you.  I already know your point of view.

Basically you think everything the Govt does is a disaster.  The govt should do absolutely nothing (except maybe fight the occassional war) and let the free market do everything else.

We have fundamentally different views.  

Oh lord Straw.  I dont know where to start with you.  SS by definition is going broke.  Just look at the demographic trends.  When the plan was started there 16 workers for every retiree.  Soon there will be a ration of 2 to 1.  That is not sustainable.  

Medicare is in even worse shape.  

Both are a complete fiscal train wreck.  

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2009, 10:01:47 AM »
33386, why are you wasting your energy on this dolt?

When the entire economy completely collapses, he will still insist its "republican" scare tactics and that the economy is fine. If Obama came out tomorrow and imposed Sharia law, he would probably blame George Bush Senior or Ronald Reagan. Logic and numbers are big scary republican propaganda tools. The solution is to blame everything on wall street bonuses, republicans and corporations. Next, pray like hell for a miracle as Barry the anointed comes up with more lamebrain economic policies that are guaranteed to fail. Finally, when the government controls the entire private sector, fault the capitalist system for being unable to sustain itself. Typical shit for brains, predictable liberal Modus Operandi.

For anyone who lives in the greater NYC area, new york one news announced that the US Postal service is going to shut down more than 70 post offices by years end. Many ( or most I should say) are located in poor areas with large minority populations. Change we can believe in?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2009, 10:02:20 AM »

LOL - yes Obama want's to put companies out of business

Why didn't I see it before

Thank Jeebus I have you two geniuses to finally show me the light

Here you go - OWNED THE FUCK AGAIN -

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2009, 10:27:21 AM »
ANSWER THE QUESTION STRAW