Author Topic: Special Comment On Health Care Reform  (Read 3213 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Special Comment On Health Care Reform
« on: August 04, 2009, 01:04:37 PM »
Keith Olbermann calls out Sen. John Thune, Sen. John McCain, Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and other Republicans - whom he argues "owns" the insurance industry - as well as a few Democrats, too - specifically the "Blue Dogs" - in a "Special Comment".
!

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
Re: Special Comment On Health Care Reform
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 02:12:45 PM »
Olbermann? Really?

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 02:41:12 PM »
Olbermann? Really?

Can't handle the truth huh? Typical of a republican't
Abandon every hope...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 02:48:25 PM »
Oberdouche and truth aren't remotely related.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 02:52:54 PM »

What about your messiah being the No 1 receipient of AIG & Fannie cash????  Do you think that played a role in the favoritism they got in the bailouts?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 03:00:19 PM »
LOL

This is like watching the knowitall geek in class that thinks he's so much smarter than everyone else get a D-. The typical reaction of people in that situation is to blame the rest of the world and call people names. It appears that the schoolyard analogy is not that far off. The democratic leadership looks out of touch with reality and quite frankly immature. The liberal news outlets ( who else saw the entire country give the media's coverage of Obama an F in the CNN poll?) are starting to sound less and less like news, and more and more like a bunch of crybabies who got their crayons stolen by the class bully. The wonder of it all....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 03:02:50 PM »
LOL

This is like watching the knowitall geek in class that thinks he's so much smarter than everyone else get a D-. The typical reaction of people in that situation is to blame the rest of the world and call people names. It appears that the schoolyard analogy is not that far off. The democratic leadership looks out of touch with reality and quite frankly immature. The liberal news outlets ( who else saw the entire country give the media's coverage of Obama an F in the CNN poll?) are starting to sound less and less like news, and more and more like a bunch of crybabies who got their crayons stolen by the class bully. The wonder of it all....

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 03:14:01 PM »

More idocy from this boards top 5 gimmick and troll.

What would be your response if I posted a Bill O'Reilly video?

And the biggest point: What facts were stated in his "Special Comment"? None. He just "argues" this and that with little in the way of substance to back, anything he says, up. Just your run-of-the mill, trying to stay relevant Olbermann frothing at the mouth , serious scowl, blather.

Christ, in his first few sentences he says that the entire Rep. Party is "owned" by Pharma and the Insurance Industry....but with no facts to back anything up.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 03:24:07 PM »
More idocy from this boards top 5 gimmick and troll.

What would be your response if I posted a Bill O'Reilly video?

And the biggest point: What facts were stated in his "Special Comment"? None. He just "argues" this and that with little in the way of substance to back, anything he says, up. Just your run-of-the mill, trying to stay relevant Olbermann frothing at the mouth , serious scowl, blather.

Christ, in his first few sentences he says that the entire Rep. Party is "owned" by Pharma and the Insurance Industry....but with no facts to back anything up.

Go look at who got the biggest donations last election cycle from big business.

Wall Street and Big Corps donated more to the libs than to the GOP.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 03:25:48 PM »
Does Oberdouche realize that these same evil pharma people also supported Barry and cut deals with the dems while the heathcare bullshit was being drafted. Who exactly is evil pharma and Insurance...do they live on another planet and then come here to do their evil deeds...or are they made up of normal people earning a fucking living like everybody else. I guess cures for cancer should be generated from wishful thinking and gumdrops. He is such an idiot.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 03:28:06 PM »
Does Oberdouche realize that these same evil pharma people also supported Barry and cut deals with the dems while the heathcare bullshit was being drafted. Who exactly is evil pharma and Insurance...do they live on another planet and then come here to do their evil deeds...or are they made up of normal people earning a fucking living like everybody else. I guess cures for cancer should be generated from wishful thinking and gumdrops. He is such an idiot.

It all boils down to one thing HH6:

"Liberalism is a mental disorder"

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 03:39:55 PM »
Weekly Standard commentary.

Despite copious coverage this morning, a top link on Drudge, and the Politico dubbing it a "viral campaign," Douglass' dreary video is up to only about 350 views. The original attack video is logging more than 400,000.

As the White House should have learned by now, picking a fight with a guy like Drudge can be counterproductive, just like picking a fight with say, Rush Limbaugh. Today, Drudge responds with the uncut version of this 2003 video of Obama advocating single-payer, government-controlled health care, but warning that it will be a gradual process:

Phil Klein examines the charge that Obama was taken out of context in-depth, here. Bottom line:

Taken together, I think this highlights Democratic double-talk on health care. When speaking to liberal audiences who want a single-payer system, Democrats will argue to them that offering a government-run plan within a government-run exchange is the politically pragmatic way of getting to a single-payer system over time. But when addressing the general public, they talk about the government plan merely as something that will provide people with “choice” and foster “competition.” They don’t get to have it both ways.

L

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 03:40:02 PM »

It's how to deal with something you don't like or something that is causing you problems, indirectly.

"Big Oil" , "Big Pharma" , "Big Insurance" attach some ominous, faceless name to something and then attach it to evil deeds, whether real or perceived (as in this case, perceived) and then let it fly. It's easy and it works...especially for those of limited knowledge on a given area or subject....like Keith Olbermann on everything he talks about.

Example: "Do you know what is killing America and stealing from you? BIG OIL, that's who!"

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 06:18:30 PM »
I gathered all of getbig's right wing nutjobs to foam at the mouth in one thread. Priceless!  ;D

Perhaps if I added the collective IQ's of all those posted above it would approach Keith's.  :D
Olbermann owns all...
!

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2009, 06:32:42 PM »
I gathered all of getbig's right wing nutjobs to foam at the mouth in one thread. Priceless!  ;D

Perhaps if I added the collective IQ's of all those posted above it would approach Keith's.  :D
Olbermann owns all...

In just a few words you have completely discredited yourself.

Olbermann provided ZERO FACTS in his "Special Comment". Just run-of-the mill assertions and slander that he loves to throw out.

Another yawner.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 07:52:05 PM »

Olbermann provided ZERO FACTS in his "Special Comment". Just run-of-the mill assertions and slander that he loves to throw out.

Another yawner.

im pretty sure i heard a few facts in there, he listed sources as well.

not saying those facts are relevant to the premise of the vid but facts nonetheless

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 08:31:21 PM »
if you would have listened to it, you would have seen that he calls out a lot of dems.  I like how you guys operate.  it's been years of watching you all just attack Olbermann and refuse to even listen to one word.  Imagine if you guys actually listened to what he says and posted why you believe what he says is wrong?  Because I can't imagine it.  You guys never do it.  maybe you can't, which is probably the case.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 08:32:55 PM »

Another yawner.

no facts huh? ::)  yup, another person who didn't listen.  At least be honest about it.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 08:46:38 PM »
no facts huh? ::)  yup, another person who didn't listen.  At least be honest about it.

I turned it off about 15 second after he opened his mouth.

You happy now? :'(

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 09:29:01 PM »
I turned it off about 15 second after he opened his mouth.

You happy now? :'(
yup, honesty is better than posting like you listened to it.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2009, 10:44:01 PM »
  All bickering aside--I watched the clip and Olbermann called out both Dems and 'Pubs.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 05:55:54 AM »

Hugo - tell me these people are shills or are funded by the pharma industry.  i find it incredible that liberals, democrats, whoever, still cannot grasp the concept that people are completely pissed off at what this admn is doing.  Face it - the govt is completely out of control on every level.  This entire Admn and Congress is recklessly racing us off the cliff with insane policies that even China and India are waring us against.  People who actually pay taxes and work for a living are sick of this marxist asshole.   

By the way Hugo - these people obviously were not bussed too far with those accents. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 06:18:27 AM »
Hugo - tell me these people are shills or are funded by the pharma industry.  i find it incredible that liberals, democrats, whoever, still cannot grasp the concept that people are completely pissed off at what this admn is doing.  Face it - the govt is completely out of control on every level.  This entire Admn and Congress is recklessly racing us off the cliff with insane policies that even China and India are waring us against.  People who actually pay taxes and work for a living are sick of this marxist asshole.   

By the way Hugo - these people obviously were not bussed too far with those accents. 

I'll tell you what I clearly see in that video and in others that are shockingly identical down to looking scripted.  A group of people who won't let Bishop and others get two words out without shouting them down.  Looks like he was fully willing to stand there and attempt to answer their questions and just got cut off by lunatics.  Some of those clowns clearly didn't want a discussion just repeating the same question over and over even while an answer was being attempted, they wanted to shut down the discussion.  And yea, there has been some bussing of protesters.  I understand that if they're broke and want to protest but don't have the money to get there.  I also know that some rightwingers/republican scaremongers basically told these guys that Obama was going to kill them, ask them how they wanted to die and end their lives ::) ::) ::), then told them to specifically disrupt the town hall meeting as soon as possible right off the bat and shut the talker down.  That sounds to me like somebody wants to engage in fearmongering and make sure the meeting goes down in a way that no information to the contrary is allowed to be made.  Can't believe you defend shit like that, oh wait, from you, yes I can...  Not very democratic but hey, you'll support anything as long as it's a rightwinger doing it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 06:30:31 AM »
Hugo - you are really a putz.  Seriously, you will defame a veteran now as part of some organized protest????  Bishop told the VET that the VA was good and the VET called him out on it.  Ever think that this VET paid his dues in life and is sick to death of the insanity his representative is voting for? 

On Cap & Trade - the guy at 5:10 made great points and Bishop did not even answer him and tried to deflect to another person. 

Bishop was the one spouting cliche and nonsense, not the people in the audience. 

What you dont realize is that there is a slow brewing anger by taxpayers fed up with this crap and they are pissed.  Obama did not advertise himself as a marxist radical, although I told everyone that was what he was.  People are finally connecting the dots with these insane policies and are pissed off.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2009, 06:38:13 AM »
Hugo - you are really a putz.  Seriously, you will defame a veteran now as part of some organized protest????  Bishop told the VET that the VA was good and the VET called him out on it.  Ever think that this VET paid his dues in life and is sick to death of the insanity his representative is voting for? 

On Cap & Trade - the guy at 5:10 made great points and Bishop did not even answer him and tried to deflect to another person. 

Bishop was the one spouting cliche and nonsense, not the people in the audience. 

What you dont realize is that there is a slow brewing anger by taxpayers fed up with this crap and they are pissed.  Obama did not advertise himself as a marxist radical, although I told everyone that was what he was.  People are finally connecting the dots with these insane policies and are pissed off.

Ok, I'm not reading past your first line because it's pure absolute bullshit.  I'm not defaming a vet you asshole.  Being a vet isn't license not to be criticised!  The guy was yelling the same question over and over.  Exactly what many of them were told to do.  My criticism has nothing to do with his service to the country and you fucking know that so fuck you.  I'm not about to mock or defame anyone because of their status as a vet.  That you say retarted shit like that just takes the cake.