Author Topic: Obama does his town hall tonight... predictions?  (Read 2814 times)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Obama does his town hall tonight... predictions?
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2009, 11:40:35 AM »
is there some reason you don't want to post the relevant passages to the comments of what's on those pages?

The thing would be three miles long.Instead of worrying about the link,argue what it says.Prove its wrong.Or are you like Pelosi and you will now just say "your un-American "or "your a nazi".

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2009, 11:41:06 AM »
is there some reason you don't want to post the relevant passages to the comments of what's on those pages?

Aren't there 4 bills and another one still in committee

I went to page 29 of the link that Al provided and I can't find anything about rationing.

The whole "rationing" talking point is a canard.  We already have rationing now and in fact we effectively already have death panels now (by virtue of health insurance companies refusing to allow treatment for conditions which later become life threatening)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2009, 11:44:39 AM »
The thing would be three miles long.Instead of worrying about the link,argue what it says.Prove its wrong.Or are you like Pelosi and you will now just say "your un-American "or "your a nazi".
three miles long?  To quote the relevant passages would be three miles long?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2009, 11:45:39 AM »

I went to page 29 of the link that Al provided and I can't find anything about rationing.

The whole "rationing" talking point is a canard.  We already have rationing now and in fact we effectively already have death panels now (by virtue of health insurance companies refusing to allow treatment for conditions which later become life threatening)
no doubt.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2009, 12:06:32 PM »

This is the bill that has been approved by a house committee, most likely to pass.

The "rationing" Mimnaugh is shrieking of is probably related to the section headed "Annual Limitation" on page 29 of that link. That's pretty much how all of these bullet points play out. A completely reasonable passage twisted into a ct grenade.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2009, 12:12:19 PM »
This is the bill that has been approved by a house committee, most likely to pass.

The "rationing" Mimnaugh is shrieking of is probably related to the section headed "Annual Limitation" on page 29 of that link. That's pretty much how all of these bullet points play out. A completely reasonable passage twisted into a ct grenade.

yeah I saw that part and I thought that was some type of max limit on co-payments by individual or family

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2009, 12:25:44 PM »
Page 22: Mandates audits of all employers that self-insure!

• Page 29: Admission: your health care will be rationed!

• Page 30: A government committee will decide what treatments and benefits you get (and, unlike an insurer, there will be no appeals process)

• Page 42: The "Health Choices Commissioner" will decide health benefits for you. You will have no choice. None.

• Page 50: All non-US citizens, illegal or not, will be provided with free healthcare services.

• Page 58: Every person will be issued a National ID Healthcard.

• Page 59: The federal government will have direct, real-time access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer.

• Page 65: Taxpayers will subsidize all union retiree and community organizer health plans (read: SEIU, UAW and ACORN)

• Page 72: All private healthcare plans must conform to government rules to participate in a Healthcare Exchange.

• Page 84: All private healthcare plans must participate in the Healthcare Exchange (i.e., total government control of private plans)

• Page 91: Government mandates linguistic infrastructure for services; translation: illegal aliens

• Page 95: The Government will pay ACORN and Americorps to sign up individuals for Government-run Health Care plan.

• Page 102: Those eligible for Medicaid will be automatically enrolled: you have no choice in the matter.

• Page 124: No company can sue the government for price-fixing. No "judicial review" is permitted against the government monopoly. Put simply, private insurers will be crushed.

• Page 127: The AMA sold doctors out: the government will set wages.

THATS WHATS IN THE BILL!!!!MUCH DIFFERENT THEN WHAT OBAMA SAYS.

Billy - can you find and post the details from page 29 where it says that health care will be rationed.

Thanks,

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2009, 03:36:59 PM »
Did you come up with the 'rationing' thing on your own or did you pick it up on FoxNews?
As empty as paradise

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2009, 03:37:55 PM »
As empty as paradise

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2009, 04:54:32 PM »
Prediction: 240 will make a thread kissing Obama's ass, nobody will interupt the President and by and large the whole thing will be a staged love-fest.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2009, 05:22:23 PM »
Prediction: 240 will make a thread kissing Obama's ass, nobody will interupt the President and by and large the whole thing will be a staged love-fest.

gee, except for the fact two people brought guns to the event...

also swastikas painted in georgia.  I'm sure dems did that one too.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2009, 08:06:08 AM »
gee, except for the fact two people brought guns to the event...

also swastikas painted in georgia.  I'm sure dems did that one too.

The dems painted swastikas ALL the time and painted Bush as Hitler constantly.The only swastikas I saw had lines running through them.Carrying a gun is LEGAL in New Hampshire.I know Obama hates that fact but its a law and they left BEFORE Obama showed up despite the spittings of Chris Mathews.