Author Topic: What Year Was This  (Read 3621 times)

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
What Year Was This
« on: August 11, 2009, 11:42:49 PM »

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Re: What Year Was This
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 11:44:24 PM »
97?
No doubt about it...

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 11:45:49 PM »
man how did Yates beat those 2 that year?

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 11:47:43 PM »

That was 96.  Dorian's back itself is dry, however he has no biceps, small delts, little separation in his delts and arms, less pronounced v-taper, and lack of hamstrings (relatively) - yet he still somehow wins the pose.  ::)

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 12:11:30 AM »

That was 1996. Nasser got DQ'd and received $0 for all his troubles.

This is a perfect example of angles. From that angle it appears that Shawn Ray has a wider and denser back then Dorian. Shawn is actually very narrow (I've stood right beside him), and his lack of back thickness was his weakness. If you see the video on youtube, Dorian's thin skin wins it for him yet again. Nasser, despite cheating placed behind Shawn and Dorian.  

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 12:39:38 AM »
Yep - 96.

Dorian destroyed Nasser from the back in that contest - he was superdry. That picture doesn't do it justice and it does look like Nasser has a very good back in that shot. However, I've got the VHS video at home of that contest year and Nasser's back is appalling in comparision during the posing round. From the front he was awesome, but lost it by a mile when he turned round. It was a close call between Yates and Shawn that year in terms of conditioning and the bigger man won. Shawn should have had it in 94 though.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 02:21:41 AM »
old pic

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 02:52:13 AM »

This is a perfect example of angles. From that angle it appears that Shawn Ray has a wider and denser back then Dorian. Shawn is actually very narrow (I've stood right beside him), and his lack of back thickness was his weakness. If you see the video on youtube, Dorian's thin skin wins it for him yet again. Nasser, despite cheating placed behind Shawn and Dorian.  

Totally agree, i have some of the 1996 Grand Prix shows, the camara footage is much closer than at the O. When Dorian turns around the show is over. Even from the front and side his condition is at another level than those guys.

Still shots do not show the truth.

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 03:01:56 AM »

why?

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 03:48:55 AM »
why?

Diuretics I think - they tested for it that year.

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 03:49:41 AM »

surprised to see you people talking about bodyubilding for once and not attacking eachother
TEAM LAURA LEE!

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 04:18:08 AM »

surprised to see you people talking about bodyubilding for once and not attacking eachother
STFU homo and keep your observations to yourself

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 04:51:43 AM »
Totally agree, i have some of the 1996 Grand Prix shows, the camara footage is much closer than at the O. When Dorian turns around the show is over. Even from the front and side his condition is at another level than those guys.

Still shots do not show the truth.

can you post them here plz?

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 04:57:35 AM »

Ben and Joe AMI Olympia = no way in hell Bicepless = Shawn Ray 1-time MrO
Oh...Monica!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2009, 05:58:59 AM »
883bc

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 06:56:50 AM »
96.  Yates' waist was much wider in 97.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 07:14:03 AM »

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 07:16:19 AM »
Ben and Joe AMI Olympia = no way in hell Bicepless = Shawn Ray 1-time MrO
ami had nothing to do with the Yates years.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 08:51:54 AM »
ami had nothing to do with the Yates years.

AMI = no way in hell Bicepless Yates = u get it now = Shawn 1st-Time O.
Oh...Monica!

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 09:50:14 AM »
Screenshots of all the mandatories at various angles from the 96 Olympia (i.e. not just the "back" like Dorian fans like to cling to) ;)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2009, 09:51:53 AM »
Diuretics I think - they tested for it that year.

Actually, they didn't test for it that year.  There was speculation that they would, but no test occured and practically ever competitor that year took them.  However, Nasser mentioned in passing to Mike Matarazzo that he took them who ratted him out to the powers that be who took away his prize money as a result.

In 2001 there actually was a test and Jay Cutler failed it, but they did not take away his prize money or placing.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 11:19:57 AM »
Actually, they didn't test for it that year.  There was speculation that they would, but no test occured and practically ever competitor that year took them.  However, Nasser mentioned in passing to Mike Matarazzo that he took them who ratted him out to the powers that be who took away his prize money as a result.

In 2001 there actually was a test and Jay Cutler failed it, but they did not take away his prize money or placing.

Ah, didn't know that - I stand corrected.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2009, 01:49:29 PM »

PROVE IT don't claim it and Nasser's hearsay isn't proof

And FYI Bobs another out right lie on your behalf because at the athletes meeting ALL the athletes agreed that they would lose their place as well as the money if they were DQ  stop trying to make him out to be a victim , Nasser rolled the dice and came up empty handed as usual he took the diuretics and still was water logged from the back

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2009, 01:57:15 PM »
That was 96.  Dorian's back itself is dry, however he has no biceps, small delts, little separation in his delts and arms, less pronounced v-taper, and lack of hamstrings (relatively) - yet he still somehow wins the pose.  ::)

He just doesn't win this pose he obliterates Nasser in this pose and so did the 215 pounds Shawn Ray , you see what you want and ironically always against what the judges see

little separation in his delts? LMFAO and arms  ::)  ::)  ::) look at Nasser's NON-EXISTENT forearms that's oaky because it's Nasser  ::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2009, 01:59:29 PM »

exactly pictures can be misleading because of perspective and angles these guys think they struck gold but as usual they can't look beyond their own bias