Author Topic: The Cowboys will win / Cowboys Stadium  (Read 9257 times)

regmac

• Getbig V
Re: COWBOYS STADIUM
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2009, 12:26:50 PM »
100,000 fans at their new stadium will be nothing like 100,000 fans at penn state, michigan or ohio state

a large amount of quiet people won't create a loud stadium

seattle fans are underrated, cowboy fans are overrated

in 2004 the steelers played at their stadium and roy williams said it felt like a steelers home game, the extent of their fanbase was created by the media

E
On DEFENSE   its loud!!!!   Ask KC's kicker how come he missed the fg  in 2005 to tie the game.  All big college games fill up the stadium   their fan base is students and  alumni  of both teams...and then some wanna be fans....Dallas has no problem filling the house....the ticket office is ALWAYS closed on game day.
((-::

body88

« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2009, 02:25:11 PM »

Why are you saying that there are going to be 100,000 quit people in Dallas' stadium?  Thats just crazy talk. No NFL stadium can compare to 100,00 fans at Penn State or at Michigan.  Another ridiculous comparison - imo.  Lastly, lets say half of the 100,000 fans are "wine and cheesers" who don't cheer that loud.  That leaves almost a full NFL stadium full of people in an enclosed envirement that will be cheering their brains out. It's going to be crazy loud in there when it's rocking.

Seattle fans are based in one of the most tech savvy cities in the world.  This point alone puts a shotgun sized hole in your previous post.  Being overrated or underrated has nothing to do with this conversation.  The fact is this:  Seattle residents tend to be high income, earthy - crunchy type people who work in a place that is supported by an industry that attracts white collar types  Their stadium is loud as hell.

What does one game in 2004 have to do with a new stadium that holds 100,000 people?  You're basing your opinion on what a disgruntled ex cowboy said 5 years ago.  I've seen times when there were thousands of Jets fans at the razor.  Gillette is among the loudest stadiums out there on average, and the rare occurrences that I just spoke of were just that....rare occurrences.

100,000 fans at their new stadium will be nothing like 100,000 fans at penn state, michigan or ohio state

a large amount of quiet people won't create a loud stadium

seattle fans are underrated, cowboy fans are overrated

in 2004 the steelers played at their stadium and roy williams said it felt like a steelers home game, the extent of their fanbase was created by the media

E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2009, 03:16:10 PM »
Why are you saying that there are going to be 100,000 quit people in Dallas' stadium?  Thats just crazy talk. No NFL stadium can compare to 100,00 fans at Penn State or at Michigan.  Another ridiculous comparison - imo.  Lastly, lets say half of the 100,000 fans are "wine and cheesers" who don't cheer that loud.  That leaves almost a full NFL stadium full of people in an enclosed envirement that will be cheering their brains out. It's going to be crazy loud in there when it's rocking.

Seattle fans are based in one of the most tech savvy cities in the world.  This point alone puts a shotgun sized hole in your previous post.  Being overrated or underrated has nothing to do with this conversation.  The fact is this:  Seattle residents tend to be high income, earthy - crunchy type people who work in a place that is supported by an industry that attracts white collar types  Their stadium is loud as hell.

What does one game in 2004 have to do with a new stadium that holds 100,000 people?  You're basing your opinion on what a disgruntled ex cowboy said 5 years ago.  I've seen times when there were thousands of Jets fans at the razor.  Gillette is among the loudest stadiums out there on average, and the rare occurrences that I just spoke of were just that....rare occurrences.

how is it a ridiculous comparison?  cowboy "fans" will be predominantly rich older people that don't tailgate, many fans at penn state or michigan will be drunk college kids that never shut up, a high school sophomore working at target can afford tickets to a college game

how do you know half would be hardcore fans? even if there is that is far less people than every other stadium

just look at goatboy, he supposedly has money but doesn't like football (his favorite sport is bodybuilding :)) yet he says he would go to a game in this stadium

the facepainting die hard fan probably can barely afford tickets to a cowboys game, these are the people that give a homefield advantage, i can't imagine anybody that would pay $90 for a pizza would be that passionate about his team, they care about more important things ;)

seattle tickets are far cheaper than cowboy tickets, just because it's a wealthy area doesn't mean the fans attending games have money

my point about roy williams is that their fanbase is overrated, no stadium with true hardcore fans (steelers, raiders, packers) would ever be taken over by the visiting team fans, EVER!!!!

if they didn't have a homefield advantage then, they won't have much of an advantage with this new overpriced stadium

E

E

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: The Cowboys will win / Cowboys Stadium
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2009, 05:35:24 PM »
Looks weird now because its bigger than everyone elses.   Something new to get used to.

No.I mean how it isn't high enough :-\

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2009, 07:16:16 PM »

No.I mean how it isn't high enough :-\
Like JJ said our HIGH will never be HIGH enough for others.   Unless Reggie Roby is punting in there all 16 games, its ok.  But like I said 10 yrs from now, it won't even be noticed as a problem.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2009, 07:21:08 PM »
how is it a ridiculous comparison?  cowboy "fans" will be predominantly rich older people that don't tailgate, many fans at penn state or michigan will be drunk college kids that never shut up, a high school sophomore working at target can afford tickets to a college game

how do you know half would be hardcore fans? even if there is that is far less people than every other stadium

just look at goatboy, he supposedly has money but doesn't like football (his favorite sport is bodybuilding :)) yet he says he would go to a game in this stadium

the facepainting die hard fan probably can barely afford tickets to a cowboys game, these are the people that give a homefield advantage, i can't imagine anybody that would pay $90 for a pizza would be that passionate about his team, they care about more important things ;)

seattle tickets are far cheaper than cowboy tickets, just because it's a wealthy area doesn't mean the fans attending games have money

my point about roy williams is that their fanbase is overrated, no stadium with true hardcore fans (steelers, raiders, packers) would ever be taken over by the visiting team fans, EVER!!!!

if they didn't have a homefield advantage then, they won't have much of an advantage with this new overpriced stadium

E

Dallas fans have filled up all those.   I was at the preseason Raider game   it was 50/50  which is plenty for an away game.   All the Dallas games in Pittsburgh where packed with fans in blue.  As far as GB goes....its too damn cold   but Dallas fans live there so you will see a big sea of blue.   If Roy was so bothered by too many Steeler fans in Dallas, imagine how bothered he will be when the Steelers go to Cincy (Roy's new home). Since he's putting on weight, he must look like a great pumkin in that uniform.   

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2009, 09:01:04 PM »
Dallas fans have filled up all those.   I was at the preseason Raider game   it was 50/50  which is plenty for an away game.   All the Dallas games in Pittsburgh where packed with fans in blue.  As far as GB goes....its too damn cold   but Dallas fans live there so you will see a big sea of blue.   If Roy was so bothered by too many Steeler fans in Dallas, imagine how bothered he will be when the Steelers go to Cincy (Roy's new home). Since he's putting on weight, he must look like a great pumkin in that uniform.   

roy was a pro bowl player back in 04 and no there were not many blue jerseys at heinz

E
E

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2009, 12:16:49 PM »
roy was a pro bowl player back in 04 and no there were not many blue jerseys at heinz

E
My "many" and your "many" will always be different so its not worth debating.   Yeah Serena WAS a pro bowl guy BACK then and MAY go thin s year IF Polly (Troy's nickname here in Southern Cal) and Reed get injured some time in Dec/Jan.    IMO Serena  was DALLAS' Defense till Demarcus and Parcells came along and turned the defense to 3-4.  I wish him well in Cincy, but when the HOF comes around he better remember what team paid him enough to put a Bentley in his garage.  I have 3    no.31 jerseys want them?

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2009, 11:01:42 AM »
I still miss Texas Stadium.  Fond memories there. 

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2009, 03:05:17 AM »

I attended Ben's "coming out" party in Dallas in 04, and there were 15K strong in Black and Gold, I being one of them.  When the Stillers were moving the ball, the place was quiet except for the Stiller Nation.  Best travelled teams are the Stillers, Chiefs, Packers, Raiders.  KC fans are actually pretty classy. 

body88

« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2009, 02:41:29 PM »
I attended Ben's "coming out" party in Dallas in 04, and there were 15K strong in Black and Gold, I being one of them.  When the Stillers were moving the ball, the place was quiet except for the Stiller Nation.  Best travelled teams are the Stillers, Chiefs, Packers, Raiders.  KC fans are actually pretty classy.  

Disagree. Raiders, Steelers, Packers, Patriots, Jets, Cowboys. I'm basing this on attending pretty much every pats homegame for the last 15 years.  Could be different in your part of the country.

Steelers are by far #1 on that list...and they took it well when they got owned at ther razor in 2004 ; )

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2009, 03:48:23 PM »
Disagree. Raiders, Steelers, Packers, Patriots, Jets, Cowboys. I'm basing this on attending pretty much every pats homegame for the last 15 years.  Could be different in your part of the country.

Steelers are by far #1 on that list...and they took it well when they got owned at ther razor in 2004 ; )
We are all biased for and against our own teams.    I stopped in that debate about (who owns who on the road) because its soooooooo sensless.  I can say while the Steeler Redskin and Packer fans travel down to Dallas to see their teams play , the Cowboy fans already LIVE   in Pitt, Green Bay  and the Metro DC area.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2009, 05:37:08 PM »
I finally got a home game ticket (nose bleeds standing) !!!!!!!   MNF   the end of Sept!!!!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2009, 05:41:58 PM »
Jets will win the superbowl

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2009, 06:39:26 PM »
Jets will win the superbowl
Sorry but the beating the Texans isn't enough.   And with the exeption of Cleveland the jets have the worst 3-4 in the nation!!!!