Author Topic: “What has the Fed got to hide?” says Senator Bernie Sanders.  (Read 3964 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
True Adonis' hero must be a CT'er.

This is the Fed's reponse to a Judge who suggested that the public has a right to know which banks got the money and what they did with it.

You knew it wouldn't be that easy.....

Aug. 27 (Bloomberg) -- The Federal Reserve argued yesterday that identifying the financial institutions that benefited from its emergency loans would harm the companies and render the central bank’s planned appeal of a court ruling moot.

"Harm the companies" eh?  You mean reveal that they are and have been insolvent, and The Fed has been engaged in covering them up?

“What has the Fed got to hide?” said Senator Bernie Sanders, a Vermont independent who sponsored a bill to require the Fed to submit to an audit by the Government Accountability Office. “The time has come for the Fed to stop stonewalling and hand this information over to the public,” he said in an e-mail.

The Fed is hiding the insolvency of banks.  They, along with their handmaidens in Congress (which is where you work Mr. Sanders) even went further and twisted the arm of FASB to legalize intentional accounting distortions that I argue amount to fraud.

The truth of what has been done keeps peeking around the corner in the form of bank failures and FDIC deposit insurance fund losses, with the latest charade being Colonial Bank that was carrying assets thirty seven percent above where its acquiring bank believes is a reasonable mark on the day prior to being taken over, and which in the FDIC's last published release was considered "well-capitalized!"

These losses and the costs of this cover-up are being forcibly extracted from The American People literally at gunpoint through the issuance of hundreds of billions of Treasury Debt which we, our children and grandchildren will have to repay - a staggering total that the CBO and Obama Administration now admit will total nine trillion dollars over the next ten years.

“Experience in the banking industry has shown that when customers and market participants hear negative rumors about a bank, negative consequences inevitably flow,” Norman Nelson, vice president and general counsel for the group, said in the document.

Experience in the banking industry has shown that when you countenance false and inflated marks on assets losses inevitably flow (to the taxpayer) and the longer and more-involved the conspiracy to cover up these losses continues, the worse they are.

We did this in the 1980s with the S&Ls.  Now the banking industry and Federal Reserve have the gall to try to defend an identical outrage in the courts.

May Judge Preska deny the motion for a stay.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: “What has the Fed got to hide?” says Senator Bernie Sanders.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 09:33:00 AM »
Damn I hope this goes through...we have a right to know period.  I have been calling and emailing my rep to support this the day I heard this was introduced.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 09:33:53 AM »
Damn I hope this goes through...we have a right to know period.  I have been calling and emailing my rep to support this the day I heard this was introduced.

Beware what you ask for, you might just get it. 

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 09:43:24 AM »

In this case bro, I hope I do get it.  Maybe it will wake up even more people that our two party system was bought off a long time ago.  I'm prepared...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 11:01:16 AM »
Bernie always keeps everyone honest.  Best man in the Senate and all of Congress.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 11:01:48 AM »

no kidding.  if an audit = financial collapse, i'll pass!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 11:04:04 AM »

the entire banking and credit market is predicated up confidence with counterparts

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 12:23:19 PM »
Bernie always keeps everyone honest.  Best man in the Senate and all of Congress.

But when Ron Paul says the same thing you call him a CT nut. Plus you said you were glad Tim Geithner was in the postion he's in but he's just as corrupt as the rest of the scum.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 12:25:39 PM »

You think there is no price to pay for hiding all this fraud?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 12:27:09 PM »
In this case bro, I hope I do get it.  Maybe it will wake up even more people that our two party system was bought off a long time ago.  I'm prepared...
I seriously doubt it would if this last election taught me anything its that the majority of america just doesnt care, and im not saying that b/c obama won simply b/c the 2 best candidates where not the ones that were competing for the job.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 12:38:13 PM »
But when Ron Paul says the same thing you call him a CT nut. Plus you said you were glad Tim Geithner was in the postion he's in but he's just as corrupt as the rest of the scum.
Ron Poop is a moron in the broadest sense with his do nothing talk and misinterpretation of American History as well as his inability to separate church from state.  Ron Poop also is a joke when he advocates the Gold Standard of the 1800s.  Not all of Ron Poop is bad.  I agree with him on the legalization of drugs, the closing of military bases around the world, shrinking the military budget.  However, I disagree with him more than I agree with him regarding the role of essential, non-profit services.

I am glad Tim Geithner is in charge as Secretary of the Treasury.  He is a capable mind with rational policy and an attention to detail and non-corruption.

Should the Federal Reserve have intense oversight. Yes.  This is what Bernie Sanders advocates.  Poop`s amendment is great for this reason.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 12:40:22 PM »
Proof of corruption please.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 12:41:50 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 12:43:22 PM »
TAX CHEAT!
Victim of a tax code no single human on earth can understand in its entirety, including any Secretary of the Treasury.

The Tax Code is the problem here.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009, 12:45:17 PM »
Victim of a tax code no single human on earth can understand in its entirety, including any Secretary of the Treasury.

The Tax Code is the problem here.

The judge today did not buy that excuse from a woman who said TurboTax missed something.  I will post the case later. 

His GS connections are shady as hell. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 12:45:36 PM »
TAX CHEAT!
By this rationale Sarah Palin is corrupt.  Do you think this is the case?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 12:46:06 PM »
Proof of corruption please.

The proof is there but you would rather take his word for it that the guys from Goldamn Sachs are "honorable men". That in itself makes me very dubious about him.

If he can't even do his taxes properly what makes you think he's good for this position, when it's way more complicated?

I'd like your answer as to why you are critical of someone like Ron Paul for asking the same question while you like Sanders cornhole?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 12:47:13 PM »
TAX CHEAT!
Is your hero`s father, Irwin Schiff a tax cheat?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2009, 12:48:27 PM »
The proof is there but you would rather take his word for it that the guys from Goldamn Sachs are "honorable men". That in itself makes me very dubious about him.

If he can't even do his taxes properly what makes you think he's good for this position, when it's way more complicated?

I'd like your answer as to why you are critical of someone like Ron Paul for asking the same question while you like Sanders cornhole?
Scroll up genius.  I already answered it.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2009, 12:49:29 PM »

How much time have you spent studying what he has to say?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009, 12:51:24 PM »
How much time have you spent studying what he has to say?
I personally don`t think Irwin Schiff is a tax cheat or corrupt, but using 333366 and your rationale he would be considered as such.

Just pointing out your hypocrisies is all.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2009, 12:51:45 PM »

Yes and he is in jail for it. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2009, 12:52:17 PM »
Scroll up genius.  I already answered it.

What, that he can't understand taxes because they are too complicated, but he's the right man for the Secretary of Treasury  position?

weak.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2009, 12:53:20 PM »
Yes and he is in jail for it. 
Does this mean he is corrupt?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2009, 12:54:57 PM »
U.S. Court Rejects ‘TurboTax’ Defense Relied on by Geithner
Share | Email | Print | A A A

By Cary O’Reilly

Aug. 26 (Bloomberg) -- A federal court rejected an attempt by two Ohio residents to use the so-called TurboTax defense that Timothy Geithner relied on to help win Senate confirmation as U.S. Treasury Secretary.

The U.S. Tax Court in Washington rejected an appeal of accuracy-based penalties assessed by the Internal Revenue Service on Kenneth and Linda Hopson, who claimed they relied on tax-return preparation software that failed to detect income they had omitted from their 2006 federal tax returns.

“Petitioners were not permitted to bury their heads in the sand and ignore their obligation to ensure that their tax return accurately reflected their income,” the court said in an opinion issued yesterday. “In the end, reliance on tax return preparation software does not excuse petitioners’ failure to review their 2006 tax return.”

Geithner, who now oversees the IRS, testified during his confirmation hearing in January that he prepared his own returns when he worked at the International Monetary Fund in 2001 and 2002, using TurboTax, an Intuit Inc. product. He said his failure to pay taxes owed on some income during those years was not flagged by the software.

He told the Senate Finance Committee he accepted responsibility for failing to pay almost $50,000 in taxes, saying his errors were “careless.” Geithner paid some of the money after being audited by the IRS and the rest shortly before he was nominated to the Treasury post.

A Treasury spokeswoman, Nayyera Haq, didn’t immediately return a telephone call seeking comment.

The case is Hopson v. Commissioner of Internal Revenue, 25584-08S, U.S. Tax Court (Washington).

To contact the reporter on this story: Cary O’Reilly in Washington at caryoreilly@bloomberg.net.

Last Updated: August 26, 2009 14:33 EDT

________________________ ________________________ ____________ 

No apology required TA.