Author Topic: Bruce Lee's Lats  (Read 63713 times)

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
Re: Bruce Lee's Lats
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2005, 01:48:16 PM »
He'd have 10 punches and a kick to the face in before you had any clue what happened.  No, he was not big, but he was strong for his size and fast as a guy.

brianX

« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2005, 02:08:17 PM »
Bruce Lee couldn't knock out a fly. Mike Tyson would chop him into chop suey.

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2005, 02:12:23 PM »
One thing your forgetting is that Bruce was not a sport fighter.  In a no rules match, a good shot square to the nose or throat would be all it took, even from someone his size.  Tyson wouldnt have been able to land 1 punch.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2005, 02:26:05 PM »
Lee was okay, but BOLO is the man!  ;D

Dude, truer words have never been written.

Taking Bruce Lee to school

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2005, 02:40:42 PM »
CHONG LI!  CHONG LI!   CHONG LI!  CHONG LI!  CHONG LI!  CHONG LI!

STREETS

• Getbig II
  • Dont Fuck STREETS
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2005, 03:05:21 PM »
STREETS pissed now on all you Bruce Lee haters!
 The guy would kick the shit out of all you and thats why you mad just like all the "bigboys" that got there asses beat down when they stepped to Lee.
 They spent there days lookin at themselves in the mirror pumping there gay asses up while Lee was training all day to kick some mutha fuckin asses Streets style.
You guys really suck dick here if you think he was a fake as go to Los Angelos and talk to Bolo and others about Lee and ask if he was all talk. Until then shut the fuck up cause you dont jack shit about fighting and what real training is all about STREETS style!
Easy to beat down a corspe ehh but Lee is watching and will have his revenge on all you mutha fukkas!  >:(
ya do whatcha gotta do then ya walk SimpleSkematic

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2005, 03:11:07 PM »
YOU ARE NEXT

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2005, 03:12:09 PM »
NOW I BREAK YOU, LIKE I BREAK YOURE FRIEND

DEASED

• Getbig III
  • GET DEASED! STAY DEASED!
« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2005, 03:32:17 PM »
Im sick of you wankers chirping about how tough Bruce Lee was. Almost any bodybuilder, any MMA or Football player would kill Lee in a fight.

Has Bruce ever fought against someone who weighed more than 140 lbs in real life? no. He only fought other oriental midget who had one dimensional styles.

Its threads like this that bring me back to this site and then responses like this that remind me why it is not for long.

Why are people so willing to post about subjects they know nothing about?  The whole concept of mixed martial arts was started by Bruce Lee.  It is the reason he was ostracized by the old school traditional Chinese Masters.

He was the innovator combining western style boxing, wrestling, fencing, and weight training along with his traditional disciplines.  He also intergated diferent traditional styles which was unheard of in Martial arts at that time.  If it worked (in the real world) then he would incorporate it into his training and art.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2005, 04:15:58 PM »
People are missing the point regards to his strength. Compatitvely for his weight he was exceptionally strong and perhaps one of the strongest.
I can't do finger push ups, I doubt many can, it's a different type of strength all together.
If Bruce lee could hold out a dumbell at arms length that is more than half his bodyweight (75lbs) then so should I, but I can't because comparitively he was much stronger!
To compare in this strength Ronnie must be able to hold out a 150lb+ dumbell.

brianX

« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2005, 06:39:09 PM »
I bet he couldn't even pick up a 75 lb dumbbell.

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2005, 07:44:33 PM »
Its threads like this that bring me back to this site and then responses like this that remind me why it is not for long.

Why are people so willing to post about subjects they know nothing about?  The whole concept of mixed martial arts was started by Bruce Lee.  It is the reason he was ostracized by the old school traditional Chinese Masters.

He was the innovator combining western style boxing, wrestling, fencing, and weight training along with his traditional disciplines.  He also intergated diferent traditional styles which was unheard of in Martial arts at that time.  If it worked (in the real world) then he would incorporate it into his training and art.

Ok smart guy, Tell me who has bruce lee ever beat in a real fight? Movies dont count BTW.

Bru
shotgun on the team

Monkeypower

« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2005, 11:56:42 PM »
all that matters in a fight is who has more skill and experience. did anyone see 170lb royce gracie defeat that 450 pound sumo wrestler in like 30 seconds? bruce lee would have kicked all you hater's asses at one time in less than 30 seconds

Da Freak

• Getbig IV
  • Get BIG! Or DIE trying!
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2005, 01:09:09 AM »
Jesse Glover - "When he could do push ups on his thumbs and push ups with 250lbs on his back, he moved on to other exercises".

I reckon that's still not strong enough for some of you guys here?  ::)

SlyIzLegend

• Getbig III
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2005, 01:49:30 AM »
I can't believe the crap some guys bring up here. Like they know something. And that Bruce only fought midgets and 140 pound guys and everything. Bruce would get challenged constantly on the streets, both in America and in Hong Kong by martial artists of all shapes and sizes. He simply took time to whoop them all, and he did.

I have a documentary with an interview with the great Chuck Norris, a man of truth, integrity and kindness. Chuck retired undefeated in the world of karate. Some guy asked him, if you fought Bruce, who would've won? Without hesitating he said "Bruce would have won without a doubt. No one could take him."

These are the words of a undefeated 75/80kg champion who never fought Bruce except in sparring sessions, and admits that a 55 kg Bruce would defeat him in a real fight.

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2005, 03:45:49 AM »
NOW I BREAK YOU, LIKE I BREAK YOURE FRIEND

BRICKS DON'T HIT BACK........... ;D
?

G_L

• Getbig III
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2005, 04:24:08 AM »
Chuck Norris, a man of truth, integrity and kindness.
translation-

another actor in martial arts movies

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2005, 06:15:55 AM »

Bruce Lee lives on..... in Manny Pacquiao!

Gord

• Getbig IV
  • Smile when you say that
« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2005, 06:19:53 AM »
Good looking fellow that Manny, isn't he?  :-\
Lies, damn lies and diets

DEASED

• Getbig III
  • GET DEASED! STAY DEASED!
« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2005, 08:25:21 AM »
Anyone who would try to discredit Chuck Norris and his real martial arts accomplishments is just plain ignorant to the facts.

Your actor in a martial arts films line may have some credit in modern films but not in films made back in the 70s and early 80s. 

Most martial arts films were period films that featured particular disciplines or styles.  The stars of these films had to be proficient in these particular styles (Judo, Korean Karate, Northern Mantis, Wu Shu, etc).  Since most of these movies were made in Hong Kong and using proficient Martial Artists, these fighters came from some of the most prominent schools that existed.  These schools had control over who could and could not make a movie that featured their particular discipline. 

Any one who is knowledgeable about their own discipline or others can recognize when the fighter in the movie is using his or a particular style.  Most of the fight scenes or training sequences in the movies back then were either a strict following of ancient forms or variations on them. 

This added fuel to the fire that martial arts traditionalists had against what Bruce Lee did, because he would not and did not promote any particular style (in his movies he just called it Chinese boxing).  He was willing to teach outsiders, he was willing to bend the rules of tradition and not go to the grandmasters and ask for permission to use their particular style.

This might sound like fairy tales but martial arts was banned in China as new people came into power.  Much like gun control in modern times, the dictators did not want the common people to be able to defend themselves, making them reliant on the army or government for protection.  Also it made keeping the people under their control a lot easier if they did not know how to use a sword or fight.

That is when schools went underground and monks and traveling theater groups became the way to save and practice the ancient arts.  People like Jackie Chan who has demonstated many different disciplines over the years is not a student of any of the major martial arts schools of China but a student of the Pei King Opera company.  The artists or actors in the opera company were allowed to perform martial arts under the disguise of dance or an acting performance skill.

It was not until modern times when Hong Kong was liberated or occupied by new rulers that schools were able to come out of hiding and teach openly.  You might be able to understand why some would resist outsiders learning your style and people blending and corrupting what some wanted to keep pure when you and 10 generations of your family sacrificed life and limb to preserve the styles. 

When you talk Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Benny Urquadez, Jet Li, Jackie Chan (the list is even longer) you are talking about real martial artists not Keanue Reeves studying for six months and using special effects.

I have all the respect in the world for this new breed of MMA fighters and the like, but know your history.  It is good advice in any avenue of life.

zen - bodybuilder

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2005, 12:35:57 PM »
Gong Fu is Gong Fu not child's play.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2005, 01:06:06 PM »
Bruce lee would eat a homeless person if you dared him. 

Plus, there is synthol in his lats.  It's obvious.
Y

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2005, 06:00:43 PM »
fighting requires stamina and the last time I checked most pro bb can't walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded.  Bruce Lee against Ronnie Coleman - I will take the little guy.

Most Navy Seals don't break 200 pounds either, but I would take anyone of them over any bb

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2005, 07:22:02 PM »
Can someone please post Bruce Lee's win/loss record??
shotgun on the team

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2005, 07:45:07 PM »
The people who make lame comments about Bruce Lee really are ignorant to just how special he was , he was so much more than a guy who made kung-fu movies , he was a modern renaissance man , he was an philospher , a revolutionary , a writer , director , actor , he was involved in EVERY aspect of film making , he single handedly save the martial arts genre in the 70s and and started an expolsion of kung-fu movies in the United States and guys like Chuck Norris , Van Dame , Jet Li , Jackie Chan , Donnie Yen all owe their careers to Bruce Lee , he influenced so many people from movie stars to martial artists to bodybuilders , the guy was a genius plain & simple , now if you don't like him or his movies thats cool , but don't try to undermine his greatness with ignorance.

I agree. Bruce Lee was ten times better a philosopher than he was a martial artist. The man was very well rounded. Extremely intelligent man. Bruce Lee also won numerous tournaments and defeated many great martial artists all over the world. He is great in the movies with all his stuntmen, sure, but he was also great in real world fighting. He aint no Jean Claud VanDamme.