Author Topic: Bruce Lee's Lats  (Read 63828 times)

THEBERG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Bruce Lee's Lats
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2005, 08:33:36 PM »
who cares you f**king idiot, bruce lee wasnt a bodybuilder and wasnt trying to be. lifting huge weights is useless unless you want huge muscles and he DIDNT want huge muscles, they would hinder his progress.
and also he could have kicked the shit out of coleman in a fight, and thats what matters anyway. in fact he could probably knock him out cold in a single move

hey man settle down, now need to get agro.

I love bruce lee, i think he's a fantastic fighter but when it come to he got the best back ronnie wins hands down, doesnt matter if he could knock ronnie down in 2 seconds cause his ass would be jailed (shot) by big rons cop buddies

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2005, 08:36:37 PM »
Aside from a few "boxing bouts" in Hong Kong Bruce Lee did not fight in the ring ................ever, not for a trophy, money, p***y.........
   I think he was too proud of himself to get into a position to lose. His statement regarding the matter was that fighting for points proves nothing as it does not exhibite true power from a punch and therefore the point fighting was useless.
   I honestly feel that if he where to go up against a rank pro in his day he would have had his butt handed to him.
   Take a real fighter like Chuck Norris who fought undefeated for real punches and blows that broke noses and ribs etc etc, some five years winning the middleweight title over and over. Chuck would have no problem with Bruce Lee.
   Bruce Lee was however a great showman and martial artist and, could handle himself against the average Joe with ease for sure.
   I friend of mines dad trained with Bruce Lee back in the 1960's at the University Of Washington in Seattle. He said he was very fast and had some good power for such a little man.
   I have most all of Bruce Lee's movies and enjoy watching him and have great laughs at his inhuman feats and stunts he pulls. I have stood over Bruce Lee's grave and felt somewhat in awe of his star that once was.
   If anything Bruce Lee was a powerful man, when it came to being a showman, but do not confuse showmanship for real fighting, the two are not the same.
h

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2005, 08:42:10 PM »
This guy was an actual champ.... many times.
He's Don "The Dragon" Wilson BTW. Like Bruce Lee, he's made some crappy movies.

CAREER RECORD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Dragon's Professional Record Includes: 71 Wins, 5 Losses, 2 Draws, 47 Knockouts, and 6 Kick-Knockouts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TITLES

2000 - ISKA North American Cruiserweight Title
1999 - IKF Cruiserweight World Champion (190 lbs.) 
1989 - PKO Light-Heavyweight World Champion (170 lbs)
1988 - ISKA Cruiserweight World Champion (182 lbs)
1984 - STAR Super Light-Heavyweight World Champion (184 lbs)
1984 - WKA Super Light-Heavyweight World Champion (184 lbs)
1983 - STAR Cruiserweight World Champion (184 lbs) 
1983 - WKA Cruiserweight World Champion (190 lbs)
1983 - KICK Light-Heavyweight World Champion (175 lbs)
1982 - WKC Light-Heavyweight World Champion (175 lbs)
1980 - STAR Light-Heavyweight World Champion (175 lbs)
1980 - WKA Light-Heavyweight World Champion (175 lbs)
1979 - PKA Middleweight United States Champion (170 lbs)
1978 - PKA Middleweight Florida State Champion (170 lbs)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2005, 11:48:55 PM »
I can't vouch for this particular site's info ... but I do remember hearing that one of the old sports networks used to give Benny bonuses for allowing his opponents to last at least three rounds. Dude was bad. 

"The Jet’s" professional fighting record stands at 200 plus wins and Zero (0) losses, his accomplished World Title Defense Record Stands at 63 wins and zero (0) losses, with "57 knockouts." Unprecedented in ring history, Benny "The Jet" is the only fighter to have retained Six World Championships in five weight divisions for 24 consecutive years. Coming out of retirement in 1993 at the age of 42, he again demonstrated his unique fighting style, defeating Yoshihisa Tagami the 25-year-old Japanese World Welterweight Champion to win the World Light Middle Weight Championship. "The Jet" is the longest reigning World Champion of all Professional Sports in history.

SlyIzLegend

• Getbig III
« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2005, 11:51:40 PM »
I can't think of one Bruce Lee movie that was crappy. Bruce brought magic to the screen, even in those low budget Hong Kong movies. I enjoyed watching all those movies.

Bruce starred in only 1 film in the States, and that one certainly was not crappy. It's in many peoples opinion still the best martial arts movie to date.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2005, 11:54:27 PM »
Game of Death was subpar, but the man died like halfway through filming.

Then there's Brandon ...

Creepy.

SlyIzLegend

• Getbig III
« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2005, 11:57:56 PM »
yeah he got killed on the set with a real bullet. How could this even happen. There are definitely a lot of things we don't know about their death.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2005, 12:10:19 AM »
I think Bruce od'd, no? They said Rye Syndrome or something, back in the day. Allergic to aspirin, brain swelled ...

Then I heard it was bullshit, that no one has ever died from that.

... and he liked him them hash brownies.

SlyIzLegend

• Getbig III
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2005, 12:30:25 AM »
I have read Bruce experimented with diuretics to look even leaner on screen. Plus he was taking a lot of painkillers and medicines for an old back injurie. He couldn´t take the pain anymore at the time.
What I´ve heard and I´m not sure since I´ve never known Bruce, he was very stressed. If there went something wrong in his life, he just wanted to think about it and think about it and think about it until he literally drove himself crazy. Therefore he took some hash to calm down.
He was also addictive to his training. CONSTANTLY training and always experimenting, and he almost never slept at night.
He was even thinking about an early retire because he could not keep hitting these home runs. There was too much pressure on him since he meant so much to the Chinese people and since he would get challenged constantly on the streets by martial artists in his private life. It even took him to a point where he was carrying a gun. He couldn´t go anywhere with his wife and children and not getting challenged.

I think the tank was just empty at the end. I´ve read that just moments before he died he called his sister and told her that he was going to die. He just felt it coming and was sort of OK with it.

STREETS

• Getbig II
  • Dont Fuck STREETS
« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2005, 07:09:39 AM »
 HE WAS A STREET FIGHTER BEFORE HE WAS IN MOVIES HEADING TO JAIL, CANT FAKE THAT.
 HE WOULD FIGHT ANYBODY ANYTIME OUTSIDE THE RING WITH NO RULES AND MADE THAT VERY CLEAR IN ALL HIS INTERVIEWS. NOBODY CHALLENGED HIM AND THE ONES WHO DID...GOT BEAT.
ya do whatcha gotta do then ya walk SimpleSkematic

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2005, 07:12:42 AM »
Isnt 'Bolo' Kris Dim's Dad.. .no joking though
L

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2005, 08:13:26 AM »
no bolo is amatuer bodybuilder david yeung's father

DEASED

• Getbig III
  • GET DEASED! STAY DEASED!
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2005, 04:48:27 PM »
I can't vouch for this particular site's info ... but I do remember hearing that one of the old sports networks used to give Benny bonuses for allowing his opponents to last at least three rounds. Dude was bad. 

"The Jet’s" professional fighting record stands at 200 plus wins and Zero (0) losses, his accomplished World Title Defense Record Stands at 63 wins and zero (0) losses, with "57 knockouts." Unprecedented in ring history, Benny "The Jet" is the only fighter to have retained Six World Championships in five weight divisions for 24 consecutive years. Coming out of retirement in 1993 at the age of 42, he again demonstrated his unique fighting style, defeating Yoshihisa Tagami the 25-year-old Japanese World Welterweight Champion to win the World Light Middle Weight Championship. "The Jet" is the longest reigning World Champion of all Professional Sports in history.

Benny is the Man!!  The best fight scene ever is Jackie Chan and Benny from the move "Wheels on Meals".

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #113 on: May 14, 2005, 05:42:51 PM »
CHuck Norris said over and over many times that he did not stand a chance against Bruce Lee in a street fight. That's not being polite. Being polite would be saying something like "he's a great fighter i have a lot of respect for him" then avoid saying who would win. Chuck Norris wasn't lying.

biochemist

• Getbig I
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2005, 07:17:57 AM »
chuck and bruce used to train together and exchange ideas. i have the VIDEO. basically, chuck does these sidekicks that are very awkward and stiff (typical Jap kata stuff). then bruce shows him how a real kick is done.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2005, 07:25:08 AM »
Chuck would pound Bruce into dust.................... .
h

manofsteel

• Getbig II
  • My Anger is My Fuel
« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2005, 07:38:08 AM »
Bruce Lee was the man ripped to shreds and could kick the shit out of guys double his size

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2005, 07:43:11 AM »
in the movies.................. ........ ;)
h

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2005, 08:33:29 AM »
chuck beat bruce on points in a full contact karate tournament in the 70,s,they have the pics and story in a recent issue of black belt magazine.as far as a street fight goes i cant comment on that cause both guys were tough and skilled
R

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2005, 06:41:01 AM »
Im sick of you wankers chirping about how tough Bruce Lee was. Almost any bodybuilder, any MMA or Football player would kill Lee in a fight.

Has Bruce ever fought against someone who weighed more than 140 lbs in real life? no. He only fought other oriental midget who had one dimensional styles.

Do your home work  ;D
P

SlyIzLegend

• Getbig III
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2005, 06:43:09 AM »

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2005, 06:43:37 AM »
Bruce Lee couldn't knock out a fly. Mike Tyson would chop him into chop suey.

Thats why he's a wash out in boxing and thats his only strong point  ;) His head isnt even on straight how functional is that  ???
P

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2005, 06:48:41 AM »
Ok smart guy, Tell me who has bruce lee ever beat in a real fight? Movies dont count BTW.

Bru

Do your home work  ;)

If you don't see it, it wasn't ment for you to see
If you wen't born with it, it wasent ment for you to be

P

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2005, 06:52:08 AM »

if id have ever got my evil hands on him!

jeet kun do?? pah... id show him some UK non verbals and explode a few myths...

little c'unt.

You don't know jack shit about fighting that I can see  ;D
P

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2005, 06:53:26 AM »
translation-

another actor in martial arts movies

translation little mans complex  ;D
P