Author Topic: been away for a while...just coming back...  (Read 1282 times)

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
been away for a while...just coming back...
« on: August 29, 2009, 11:54:07 AM »
hey! i haven't been around for a while, and now i am coming back. was at the dr recently. my blood pressure is like 144/96, and my cholesterol is around 210. i'm trying to do something about it, but it's tough! the doc said either lose weight or go on meds! i rejoined a gym, and am working with this dude who knows me and is a trainer. (i am 5'6, and 197.) i need to lose about 20lbs. i'd be happy at 180.  i am still experimenting with fat burners. (just trying betasax now.) anybody use it? any suggestions? i have a hard time staying motivated...thanks!

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: been away for a while...just coming back...
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 12:55:33 PM »
Don't focus so much on what kinda supplements to take. Simple equation - calorie deficit thru a combo of diet and exercise.

Trainer or no, you need plenty of cardio on a daily basis. Start there, don't be shy about sweat or hard work.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 06:21:57 PM »
hey! i haven't been around for a while, and now i am coming back. was at the dr recently. my blood pressure is like 144/96, and my cholesterol is around 210. i'm trying to do something about it, but it's tough! the doc said either lose weight or go on meds! i rejoined a gym, and am working with this dude who knows me and is a trainer. (i am 5'6, and 197.) i need to lose about 20lbs. i'd be happy at 180.  i am still experimenting with fat burners. (just trying betasax now.) anybody use it? any suggestions? i have a hard time staying motivated...thanks!
What kind of workouts are you doing?

Don't bother with the supplements unless it's extra protein.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 09:08:23 PM »
The blood pressure issue is what I call "insidious"-- it is the silent killer, but not directly. It's like a back injury. The back injury sets in early and you don't feel any pain. When you finally do, the damage is done.

Take the meds for a while and keep it in check while you are getting back in shape. 5-10 milligrams of Lisinopril really doesnt have that many intolerable side effects and it will easily get you down to normal 129/70. High blood pressure left unchecked takes its toll on all the other vital organs.

10 milligrams is not considered a large dose, and you only take it once a day. You also have to consider the time when you test BP. You are usually relaxed. Point being: when you are stressed, it is much much higher, and when you are out of shape, it takes much longer to come down to normal or "high-normal"

If you are juicing, you are almost defeating the purpose. Juice automatically increases your blood pressure. Either way though, you would do better to get on meds and keep it in check, even if it's only for a short time.

No, I am not a doctor, but I've had my share of personal experience and the experiences of my clients. Cholesterol is another bitch, but much harder to control. If you are diagnosed with high cholesterol, the statin drugs will have to be taken indefinitely.

Genetics play a huge role in cholesterol levels. If you take in less dietary cholesterol, your body will just manufacture more blood serum cholesterol. The body wants all things equal. Homeostasis. If you have high cholesterol, the drugs will be the most effective.

Unfortunate that the diet and healthy exercise can't do anything truly significant.

splinterhands

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 07:36:58 AM »
hey! i haven't been around for a while, and now i am coming back. was at the dr recently. my blood pressure is like 144/96,

I take Lisinopril USP and HCTZ USP 20mg/25mg and I don't have any side effects other than lower blood pressure.  It's a cheap med and does a good job.  Exercise and diet for me plays a minimal role on BP.  Take the meds.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 08:22:45 AM »
yea take a drug to get better before you try the getting healthy & in shape way ::)...give me a break every one wants to throw a pill at something to try & fix it....get serious about getting in shape lose 25lbs in the next 2 months.do alot of cardio.If you get yourself in great shape and clean up your diet & still have high blood pressure.then...& only then you should consider poppin a pill to control it...

PS...don't use fatburners there a joke.& could make your blood pressure higher.
DAWG

splinterhands

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 09:06:45 AM »
yea take a drug to get better before you try the getting healthy & in shape way ::)

150/100 is about where mine stays without medicine. Twenty pounds of weight loss or weight gain doesn't make a difference either way.  It's way more genetic than lifestyle. You can always quit the medicine with no adverse effects later.

JMHO...it's his decision.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 12:29:12 PM »
guys, i am not an any medication now! i think yous misunderstood me!